Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cage posted:

So the first one wasnt hanging up anywhere either?

John Wick 3 will have him pointing at a slightly downward facing camera, and then you will be able to make a silly dance out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Assassins kill his cat and they'll call it John Wick :3:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I want there to be 4 John Wicks, each with their own "pointing at the audience" poster so I can hang them in a room and see a Keanu standoff at all times.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha check out Jada Pinkett Smith, acting like she's one of the Norms.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

Ha check out Jada Pinkett Smith, acting like she's one of the Norms.

The Norms are defined by their love of black cock?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Well, obviously.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Did the trailer for this already come out? Because if it did and it wasn't set to this, they missed a golden loving opportunity :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You start to lose touch after a few million years.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Did the trailer for this already come out? Because if it did and it wasn't set to this, they missed a golden loving opportunity :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfZr-qa9Co

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait so there's a remake of Alien coming out the same year as Alien: Covenant?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Rad.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

It's nice to see more new giant monster IPs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:aaa:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Get an Iron Fist with straight hair or get your Iron Fist to keep it cut short enough so that he doesn't look like he's looking for a hackysack game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Seriously, just look at this man's hair:

This does not say, "once punched a dragon in the heart".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He's getting ready for the N*Sync revival.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Was it really so difficult to cast an Asian guy in the role rather than that gross weed dealer we all stopped talking to 5 years ago?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

Was it really so difficult to cast an Asian guy in the role rather than that gross weed dealer we all stopped talking to 5 years ago?

Are you joking? Danny Rand has always been a blue-eyed blond. The fact he *isn't* a native of K'un Lun actually drove a lot of the conflict he faces in the comics (at least when I was reading it)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

:thejoke:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Please don't curlyhairshame.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

flosofl posted:

Are you joking? Danny Rand has always been a blue-eyed blond. The fact he *isn't* a native of K'un Lun actually drove a lot of the conflict he faces in the comics (at least when I was reading it)

And this would still be true if he was Asian-American or biracial and not natively from a magic kung fu city. There wasn't any confusion over the comic character being a white dude, it's just kind of lame to tell the another story where a white dude goes native in Asia and becomes The Best at ancient secret fighting.

If people can't deal, I guess they'll just have to watch Doctor Strange, Arrow, Batman, or a dozen action movies from the 80's and 90's where that exact plot happens.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I made a gif out of the series for the hell of it:

Also:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Xealot posted:

And this would still be true if he was Asian-American or biracial and not natively from a magic kung fu city. There wasn't any confusion over the comic character being a white dude, it's just kind of lame to tell the another story where a white dude goes native in Asia and becomes The Best at ancient secret fighting.

If people can't deal, I guess they'll just have to watch Doctor Strange, Arrow, Batman, or a dozen action movies from the 80's and 90's where that exact plot happens.

Not that this excuses it but I think people should stop expecting Marvel to change the race of their titular heroes. They will change and adapt the stories, origins, and other characters in all kinds of ways but they're clearly sticking to the notion that the main hero should be as close as possible to their comic book version both in and out of costume.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
At a distance, I keep reading it as Iran Fist. Danny Rand will punch away the West's oppressive sanctions against his home and ensure the nuclear program succeeds!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The problem with Iron Fist isn't the casting of a white guy, the problem is it looks boring

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ammanas posted:

The problem with Iron Fist isn't the casting of a white guy, the problem is it looks boring

Well they need to build up something for when Luke Cage and Iron Fist get a show together.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brilliant inventor, playboy millionaire, and arms dealer Turan Shahbazian is capture by Americans but he uses his skills to build a robotic suit and defeat them. He then rejects his previous decadent lifestyle and uses his new suit to fight evil as Iran Man.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 9, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Xealot posted:

By this very shallow standard though, casting an Asian as a kung fu master or an Asian-American/biracial person as someone who discovers his secret aptitude for kung fu is equally problematic. The show will probably suck at handling this but you can't erase the racial-political implications of the character no matter who you cast. If you don't want to run with the inscrutable Asian mystic stuff and use that to say something, then adapting a pulp pastiche is a mistake.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

By this very shallow standard though, casting an Asian as a kung fu master or an Asian-American/biracial person as someone who discovers his secret aptitude for kung fu is equally problematic. The show will probably suck at handling this but you can't erase the racial-political implications of the character no matter who you cast. If you don't want to run with the inscrutable Asian mystic stuff and use that to say something, then adapting a pulp pastiche is a mistake.

They should have gone for Dev Patel and made the racial politics of the show completely incomprehensible. British-Indian dude born in Africa moves to America and discovers he's the heir to a mystical Chinese nation.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strom Cuzewon posted:

They should have gone for Dev Patel and made the racial politics of the show completely incomprehensible. British-Indian dude born in Africa moves to America and discovers he's the heir to a mystical Chinese nation.

Make the character so bizarrely inclusive that no one can complain? I like it!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Iron Fist is also good as a white guy if they're going to pair him with Cage because there's a lot to mine from rich white guy teamed up with working class convict black guy. But the fact that the series they'll be in together is with the rest of the Netflix crew will distract from that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lelandjs posted:

Make the character so bizarrely inclusive that no one can complain? I like it!

Could also go with eskimo or other natives (or aborigine) since they came from asia and are sorely underrepresented in media.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pacific Rim: Now In Orange Crush and Code Blue Flavors

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Pacific Rim: Now In Orange Crush and Code Blue Flavors

And root beer.

I hope there's a Canadian robut

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Pacific Rim 2: This Movie Will Secretly Suck Like The First One

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I was wondering why it looks like a magazine cover and it turns out to be an Toyfair poster.

Could use more interesting designs like Cherno Alpha or Crimson Typhoon. There's Swole Master Chief With Kuato Cockpit And Cannons on the right, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pacific Rim 2: This Movie Will Secretly Suck Like The First One

The movie will actually officially suck since Guillermo del Toro is no longer involved.