Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The benthic zone of a water body is the lowest part of the water body and had the least amount of light, dissolved oxygen and nutrients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

TY. First time I'm seeing that one.

99% sure the first time I saw it I thought it was a typo, too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I've seen the less used term "bathos" too, and didn't put two and two together.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Don't get me wrong, this poster is still laughable, but I gotta think that putting one of the faceless, emotionless Power Rangers in the position of "hero looking up at the stars full of emotion/wonder/worry/whatever" is purposeful.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

Don't get me wrong, this poster is still laughable, but I gotta think that putting one of the faceless, emotionless Power Rangers in the position of "hero looking up at the stars full of emotion/wonder/worry/whatever" is purposeful.

Yeah that is pretty funny.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The new costumes and the lips are giving me serious "I can put my arm back on, you can't" vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp3GHAJNjmA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The cover of Mondo's Ghost in the Shell steelbook coming out in March, based on a poster they made in 2014.

Not bad, really. I've heard some iffy things about the 25th Anniversary Blu-Ray release, particularly the subtitles, so if this release fixes that, I'll probably pick it up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
tiny head

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's anime for you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

...and thick neck. Also the perspective of the body and head don't match. They always gently caress something up.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
"Seeing what's coming" is kind of a staple of noir anyway. So I can't fault BRICK for that. It's always about bad women, double crosses, and people making bad decisions.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah noir is all about fatalism. Bad things happen even if you see them from a mile away and try to stop them.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

You guys are harsh so I thought this was a good place to show off this Blade Runner poster I've been working on. I cribbed the title design from an old poster, haven't decided what I wanna do with it yet.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Never saw the movie but I like everything except for double ford.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I could stand a triple-Ford.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Just keep Fording me, I'll tell you when to stop.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Squishy posted:

I could stand a triple-Ford.

So just add Han Solo and Indiana Jones to the picture?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ravenkult posted:

You guys are harsh so I thought this was a good place to show off this Blade Runner poster I've been working on. I cribbed the title design from an old poster, haven't decided what I wanna do with it yet.

The inclusion of the chess pattern, and the layers of detail you've got going on in the upper left look really good. It captures the film's dreamlike atmosphere without being too cluttered. The font just isn't doing it for me, though. Makes it look like Watchmen. It doesn't mesh well with the translucent look of the poster, either.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's not a replicant dammit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't particularly care for the typeset. I also think the text may be too brightly colored. What if you made it paler, to match the yellow of the half-halo? Alternatively, you could leave the text as it is and try upping the saturation of the rest of the poster.

Edit: here's a very rough example of what I meant.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 11, 2017

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

He's not a replicant dammit.

Explain the drat unicorn

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

He doesn't actually go to mars in total recall.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ravenkult posted:

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't particularly care for the typeset. I also think the text may be too brightly colored. What if you made it paler, to match the yellow of the half-halo? Alternatively, you could leave the text as it is and try upping the saturation of the rest of the poster.

Edit: here's a very rough example of what I meant.

These own and the super saturated one is my favorite since I feel like it nails the aesthetic of the movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

...and thick neck. Also the perspective of the body and head don't match. They always gently caress something up.

Oshii Kusanagi is fairly androgynous. That version has always had some big shoulders and thick neck.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good things come on horses

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I really, genuinely like this. It's terrible. It's goofy. It goes all in on the Imaginext/Fisher Price aesthetic.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kiki has better lips than the power rangers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do none of the Zords have eyes?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

their suits also look super different and far less busy (and frankly, more like they do in the tv show) here. Do you think this is some "final form" for them, or merely a simplification so they'll love better as small figures on the poster? Because I much prefer these designs. Brighter and simpler, definitely redesigned, but still read as "power rangers."

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

POWER & saban's RANGERS

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rita looks sooo bad. And the suits look like they're made of whatever bowling balls are made of.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm going to second Rageaholic Monkey and say the punched-up saturation really captures the aesthetic of the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This poster doesn't make sense. Think about the evidence! That yeti is his papa and wants to protect him!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

No matter if they're going for goofy toy-like look or not but this and the previous PR poster have both really bad color palettes and people responsible for that are hacks.

ravenkult posted:

Replace the title with a different lighter font. Your poster's idea relies on detail and things blending into one another and a big blocky title really goes against it. It's a cool font but not for your poster.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 11, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Is Red floating an inch off the ground?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Why the long face?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

This poster doesn't make sense. Think about the evidence! That yeti is his papa and wants to protect him!

My college roommate wanted to use that part of the movie in his anti-drug presentation.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'm not sure how to phrase this, so I'll just come out and say it - Pink Ranger's right titty looks like it's just hanging there in front of her chest.

Like she got some kind of magnetic hover titty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ravenkult posted:

The style is good, but the composition is off. The focal point of your poster is the big blank space in the middle where there's just a building and checkered tile. The eye leads down from Rachel to Deckard's eyeline into a void. If you were able to keep all the same elements and shift everything around into a stronger composition it would be a much stronger poster overall. Perhaps it might be interesting to put Roy on the left side to balance out ford, then Rachel being in the middle of them could have some thematic significance. I'd still move her down a touch in that case, though.

Also, the type treatment doesn't work. I'd say either go for a stylized version of the film's actual font or take inspiration from some of the typesetting in the film. There's plenty of examples of print materials from the film out there that you could draw from. Might I suggest the film's actual font but in a glowing neon?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 11, 2017