Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808141 its here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Baki Dou Chapter 143 is out! (Korean scans)

Spoilers:
The police are carrying non-lethal weapons with rubber bullets, similar to the ones that were fired at Speck during New Grappler Baki. I'm guessing the police will run from Musashi? They don't have the appropriate weapons to deal with him.

Jose posted:

baki picking the fight with oliva is my favourite bit of the whole series

I loved that bit, too. Especially when Baki taunts Oliva by saying "come back after you've had your meal!!" :vince:

And thanks for making the Kengan Ashura thread, Plutonis!

Jedah fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 1, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just watched episode six where Hanayama started fighting Baki in the nightclub and ended with Hanayama fleshing out of his suit. Can't wait for Baki to smash that dick.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yujiroh is not very up to date on his science

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

Can't wait for Baki to smash that dick.

:aaa:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i forgot retsu became a boxer lol

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jose posted:

i forgot retsu became a boxer lol

Yeah, it's an easy thing to forget.

Itagaki just kinda shoehorned Retsu's boxing subplot into the middle of Son of Ogre. Maybe it was Retsu's return to humble beginnings, after his loss to Pickle.

Boxers had participated in the maximum tournament before, and were considered pretty weak in comparison to the real monsters (like Retsu, Doppo, or Shibukawa). Ali Jr. was the only legitimate "threat," and look what happened to him.

My favorite part was the Tofu lecture:

Bonus chapter: Kaku Kaioh explains how to stop your brain from shaking and hitting the walls of your skull.

Baki logic at its finest there. :love:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 3, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Bizarre to read the trainer's line: "Retsu, you are going to die" in retrospect. I never paid much attention to it, perhaps it was just a coincidence? Itagaki works in mysterious ways.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd also forgotten usain bolt makes an appearance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He never fought Retsu

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

He never fought Retsu

didn't this happen except it was just off-panel?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yujiroh eats his steak well done the monster

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jedah posted:

Bizarre to read the trainer's line: "Retsu, you are going to die" in retrospect. I never paid much attention to it, perhaps it was just a coincidence? Itagaki works in mysterious ways.

I'm pretty sure that's a mistranslation of "Retsu, don't die"

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Grappler Baki Chapter 191 is out!

You can see how Kengan Ashura was influenced by the Maximum Tournament, it's great.

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a mistranslation of "Retsu, don't die"

Yeah, you're probably right. Looking back at Retsu's boxing arc, I was surprised by how much fun it was. It moved very quickly, and Retsu vs. Smoke ended up being a worthwhile match with some phenomenal panels.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

didn't this happen except it was just off-panel?

Hmm, I thought their fight occurred off-panel, too. That would've been an awesome fight.

Jose posted:

yujiroh eats his steak well done the monster

I think it's funny that Yujiro has impeccable table manners and can act like a perfect gentleman when he's in a nice restaurant.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I imagine table manners are like Chinese martial arts to Yuujirou

He can use them perfectly but never bothers because he ain't a bitch

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 144 is out! (Korean scans)

Spoilers:
Musashi takes on a squad of police officers equipped with non-lethal weapons, including a vehicle-mounted water cannon. Once Musashi cuts the cannon in half, we learn that Itagaki has no friggin' clue how water works. Will Musashi butcher everybody, or will he let them flee? It's possible he may not even acknowledge them as "threats," unlike the detective who pulled a gun on him.

AnonSpore posted:

I imagine table manners are like Chinese martial arts to Yuujirou

He can use them perfectly but never bothers because he ain't a bitch
Sounds exactly like something he'd say.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I didnt see this posted or discussed so excuse me if im late to the party but here's that Baki ova thingy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iq3JYmkmDhk

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

:trumppop:

Thanks for the link. So, it's a fifteen minute extended teaser for the upcoming New Grappler Baki anime, which depicts the Prisoner Arc? I'm excited as hell, but this could be very confusing for new fans, or for folks who have no idea what they're watching.

For example, Speck vs. Hanayama might arguably be one of the greatest fights in the manga's entire history, and they just skimmed right through it. It seemed like they were just showing snippets. Every fan knows a fight that legendary deserves an episode or two. This must be some kind of sizzle reel type of thing, not a stand alone episode.

Anyway, the voice actors fit their characters, and Speck saying "BEAUTIFUL!!!" was just perfect.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 8, 2017

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Some voices sounded familiar on the prisoners. Is the Russian finger dude voiced by the same dude who voiced Jotaro? And Dorian voiced by Old Joseph?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

Some voices sounded familiar on the prisoners. Is the Russian finger dude voiced by the same dude who voiced Jotaro? And Dorian voiced by Old Joseph?

Very nice catch. Sikorsky, the Russian finger dude, absolutely must be Jotaro's voice actor. I think you're right about Old Joseph being cast as Dorian, too. :yeah:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Speck vs Hanayama is the most epic of epics and these men are unironically my heroes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Speck vs Hanayama is the most epic of epics and these men are unironically my heroes.

Yeah it's one of the most loving intense fights ever. Hanayama leaves out a loving mess

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Grappler Baki Chapter 192 is out!

:feelsgood:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Remember when Hanayama literally rips out chunks of Speck's thigh with his fingers

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

I really liked the russian wrestler and it's a shame he jobbed to the russian prisoner in new grappler.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

hohoh0
Apr 5, 2003

TEH GRAPPLER
Just saw the OVA trailer, been waiting a decade for all this stuff to get animated at last! Coo stuff.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

I really liked the russian wrestler and it's a shame he jobbed to the russian prisoner in new grappler.

Yeah, I liked the Russian wrestler, too.

I wonder if Akoya's "ripper" technique in Kengan Ashura was a nod to Sikorsky's knuckle-cutting technique in New Grappler Baki.

Akoya:

Sikorsky:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

hohoh0 posted:

Just saw the OVA trailer, been waiting a decade for all this stuff to get animated at last! Coo stuff.

:yeah:

Pewdiepie posted:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 114 is out! Just a chill chapter about drinking wine and eating gyoza.

It looks like Spinyback also uploaded Chapters 116-127, but those were created by a different group. I'm sure onepenguin0's team will eventually clean/redraw/translate them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yujiroh having a panic attack was funny

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Haha, and it looks like Yujiro has given quite a few police officers their fair share of panic attacks:

Edit:

And who can forget the cop who just wanted to jump into Yujiro's arms? :blush:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 11, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Happy Birthday, Plutonis.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Gaiden Kenjin Chapter 3 is out!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

he kick the tiger in the balls. nice

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Happy Birthday, Plutonis.

lol

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 145 is out! Korean scans.

Haha, lemme know when your birthday is coming up and I'll make you some Baki "art," too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ah yes thats how tasers work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I really hate Musashi he is a big jerk I want someone to just kill him already please.