Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Some classes/builds have a better time of it. Like, I'm biased, but, say, Magplar's main spam is a conical attack that hits many things and heals you for a % of damage done.

You basically fly in there and unleash hell and never die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I'm pretty sure this is not a particularly good deal. The deals posted before included 60 days of ESO plus which itself comes with 3000 crowns.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bryaugh posted:

So I've hit 50 and I'm now in the infinite grind for more numbers and I was curious, are there any classes that are really good at farming group content like catacombs or public dungons? Or is it mostly just a matter of having tons of CP?

magplar was already mentioned, I'm biased as well and like my stamsorc, I can solo normal dungeons, haven't tried the DLC dungeons on normal but I don't think I could do those, and 98% of overworld content (Can't do DLC group bosses), and you can do this with crafted gear (NMG/hundings) but if you can get dropped gear and monster sets it's even easier.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Counterpoint: Stamsorc has both VO and Vengeance Leech (the poor man's/non-trial sperg VO). Turns them into machines literally fueled by blood/death/gore.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Anything that heals you when you hit things, most notably magplar and stam sorc as have been most noted. I had a good aoe self heal MagDK for while though. Also, I like lizards best for those solo self heal builds. Changed my MagDK to dunmer since I had never picked race for min/max and really regret it. Likely to change him back at some point. Stamsorcs crit heal is now a fixed value, but works. Magplar and MagDK have the advantage that CP into damage is CP into self heal, since the heal is a percent of the damage. The challenge, for me at least, is running the necessary self buff rotation while also keeping up the self heal attack. If I miss a round when soloing a dungeon it means death. I have a leveled magNB, but have not geared him or run him so don't know what the solo build would be like.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I've only had one character, a stamblade I've been solo'ing with and basically playing this like it's any other ES game.

I just went ahead and made an lizard magplar that I want to build up as a healer for playing PVP/with Goons/group dungeons and what not. I like healing and being support in co-op scenarios. If anyone feels like dragging a low-level healer/fire-caster around to help level up faster, hit me up. I'm usually around in the evenings (I'm already in the Chill Bros guild, @luchadork).

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I played this game at launch, but got new gf right after and was more interested in other things so stopped.

Is this game good now?

E: To be clear, good compared to skyrim, which I am playing through in a new way(rogue assassin for once!) since I just noticed I got the special edition for free.

RFC2324 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 6, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RFC2324 posted:

I played this game at launch, but got new gf right after and was more interested in other things so stopped.

Is this game good now?

E: To be clear, good compared to skyrim, which I am playing through in a new way(rogue assassin for once!) since I just noticed I got the special edition for free.

The game has gotten 100x better since launch. You can even play through most of the game like it's a single player game, the only things that could give you trouble would be overworld group bosses and group dungeons/trials.

I highly recommend whether you want an MMO or not.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
The game was dogshit at launch. Now it's the only content-driven MMO I've enjoyed since Everquest 1.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The game was dogshit at launch. Now it's the only content-driven MMO I've enjoyed since Everquest 1.

I lost 3 hours today playing.

Turns out i have a level 50 dk and i don't even remember how to play the game. :negative:

Nementhep
Sep 1, 2007

I'm @serannian, if I can get an invite. Might actually be tolerable with goons.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

I lost 3 hours today playing.

Turns out i have a level 50 dk and i don't even remember how to play the game. :negative:

yeah I'd recommend starting a new char, people can make you a bunch of poo poo. I'd highly recommend magicka templar or stam sorc for a good time, mag dks are supposedly fun as well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok Double AP fun week is over. Progression Crew getting serious, taking all comers (as long as you meet requirements).

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
A day late but figured I would post this:

I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kill me, but I know how many they used.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Dunno what your talking about scrub, I see 4 players and some organized small mans.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RFC2324 posted:

Is this game good now?

its a lot better, try it out buddy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i havent been on in a few days because im playing Breath of the Wild but im still looking forward to playing more ESO with you guys :)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just started playing and I really like it, if you are a fan of the franchise you will like this. It isn't even as "MMO"-ey as I expected it to be (early levels, I'm only level 13)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya, i think at launch to me this game felt like an MMO with Elder Scrolls tacked onto it

now it feels like an Elder Scrolls game thats an MMO

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Can someone explain the justice system? Specifically, do you lose bounty while logged out, and does it go all the way to 0, or do i have to pay off a minimum amount to stop the cops from harassing me?

Digging gta: tamriel, btw

MF_James
May 8, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Can someone explain the justice system? Specifically, do you lose bounty while logged out, and does it go all the way to 0, or do i have to pay off a minimum amount to stop the cops from harassing me?

Digging gta: tamriel, btw

bounty will go away while logged out. Stop getting busted for being a bad criminal and you won't have to worry.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MF_James posted:

bounty will go away while logged out. Stop getting busted for being a bad criminal and you won't have to worry.

Newbie pickpockets are the worst.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Newbie pickpockets are the worst.

If you REALLY want to rack up a bounty, I found a place with 2 instant spawn civilians, took me ~15-20 minutes to rack up 100k bounty so I could use my grand amnesty edict to full effect. Sadly there was no loving cheevo for it, but it felt good to murder peasants over and over and over again, also I made a lot of money.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MF_James posted:

If you REALLY want to rack up a bounty, I found a place with 2 instant spawn civilians, took me ~15-20 minutes to rack up 100k bounty so I could use my grand amnesty edict to full effect. Sadly there was no loving cheevo for it, but it felt good to murder peasants over and over and over again, also I made a lot of money.

Not really. I've been playing skyrim in pure thief/ assassin mode lately and being able to do it in eso is a nice change from most mmos.

But having to run from the cops every time i check my quest journal is annoying.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Where do i go to find info on building characters? I want to build a Stamsorc but have no idea what to do, and the only thing ive heard on builds is dont use Deltia.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Talkc posted:

Where do i go to find info on building characters? I want to build a Stamsorc but have no idea what to do, and the only thing ive heard on builds is dont use Deltia.

First page of this thread has a good guide to start with.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Talkc posted:

Scy has good info on stamsorcs, I also run one, I don't push as much dps as scy but I'm in the 22-23k range and have almost beat vMA.

Basically, for PvE the meta is DW/Bow.

End goal is

DW Bar: rapid strikes (morph of flurry), blood craze (twin slashes morph), rearming trap (trap beast morph), camo hunter (expert hunter morph), and bound armaments (bound armor morph) ult: rend
Bow bar: poison injection (poison arrow morph), endless hail (volley morph), hurricane (lightning form morph), crit surge (surge morph), bound armaments (bound armor morph) ult: flawless dawnbreaker

You want gear that pushes your crit up, NMG/Hundings is good to start with, currenty I run NMG/red mountain, current monster set meta is scrimshaw which sadly I don't have a decent pairing of yet, I'm somewhere around 72% crit when self-buffed and that will go up slightly once I swap around gear.

Rotation will be something like: Crit Surge, Hurricane, poison injection, endless hail, swap, trap, craze, rapid, rapid, rapid, swap, poison, endless, hurricane etc etc

Rotation isn't be completely optimal (I don't think) I haven't taken the time to gently caress around with it (or ask scy) but I think I could probably push 24-25k dps if I got it a little tighter

CP (this is what I currently run/plan on running when I get 600cp):

Green: Warlord 100, mooncalf 100
Red: Elemental defender 100, Hardy 100 (I typically keep these fairly even)
Blue: Mighty 100, Piercing 30, thaum 50, precise 20(piercing/thaum though I'm not sure of a good spread and precise might be sub-optimal)

Basically you get healing from multiple sources, while crit surge is up (it should always be up) you heal for every crit, which is often, blood craze heals you, and rend heals you. Rend is really good to use on packs since it hits a shitload of enemies for a lot of damage (subsequently a lot of healing for you), but obviously use it when you can anyway. If someone is already running NMG in your group/raid, you can swap to leviathan (slightly less dps, but pure crit), hundings, or draugur set, really it depends on what is going on, if you're not going to take any damage I'd think about draugur, but I don't have a set of it made so I'm not sure how it stacks up, I usually make the other DPS swap or I just throw on my leviathan set.

I do not PvP with my stamsorc so you'll have to ask elsewhere for that, but supression field is stupid good from what I hear, so building gear with ultimate generation bonus and survivability in mind might be the route to go.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 8, 2017

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Not at home (for the last month or so), but I think I now run Flying Daggers or Hidden Blade on the DW bar instead of Armanents for the Brutality buff and maybe Streak on the back bar? I sometimes run a Werewolf Ult just for regen on the bow bar or Overload for an extra utility bar. Dawnbreaker on the DW bar to stack weapon dmg. Maybe I will try Armaments again when I get back home (at the end of the month). I think though that armaments runs better with a 2H build for the heavy attacks and the passives in that line.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Sogol posted:

Not at home (for the last month or so), but I think I now run Flying Daggers or Hidden Blade on the DW bar instead of Armanents for the Brutality buff and maybe Streak on the back bar? I sometimes run a Werewolf Ult just for regen on the bow bar or Overload for an extra utility bar. Dawnbreaker on the DW bar to stack weapon dmg. Maybe I will try Armaments again when I get back home (at the end of the month). I think though that armaments runs better with a 2H build for the heavy attacks and the passives in that line.

I typically run rend for the heal, but yeah dawnbreaker is interchangeable depending on what you're doing/expecting.

I'll give the armaments swap a try and see how that stacks up, though I'll probably try a different skill on the bow bar like curse or something, bolt escape morphs feels like it will lower my dps overall due to the movement and having to reposition.

I have also played with the idea of dropping NMG for toothrow's to free up the hunter slot and use deadly cloak.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 8, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Poor Man's StamSorc build coming soon (like today once I get off work).

It's not original, other people were running it before I found out about it, but it's a solid starting point for newcomers to the One True Playstyle.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Just starting to play this game, so I hope this isn't a dumb question! Can I play a Breton, but somehow also be in the Ebonheart pact to PVP with my delf friends?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

suicide4sexbots posted:

Just starting to play this game, so I hope this isn't a dumb question! Can I play a Breton, but somehow also be in the Ebonheart pact to PVP with my delf friends?

You have to pay 1200 crowns (I think it's 1200?) to get the any race/any alliance thing, but yes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MF_James posted:

You have to pay 1200 crowns (I think it's 1200?) to get the any race/any alliance thing, but yes.

I was very confused because i forgot my pre order bonuses.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
You can get the any alliance\race thing for insanely cheap from g2a.com

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Finally pushed to beat vMA over the past few days and made it through! Ice arena is kind of hard, took me 6-7 tries, mushroom arena is loving awful though, so much crap can one shot and since you can go wayyy back in 3rd person it's hard to tell if poo poo is behind me like shockwave or shrooms. I easily died 50-60 times on this before having the drat stars align and not die to bullshit, bullshit being shockwave mostly because often despite being OUT OF THE WAY it would kill me anyway. Final arena only took me probably 5-6 deaths and I made a bunch of mistakes on the winning run anyway, got knocked off the top once and then let the boss eat the 2 gold ghosts that spawned, but he died quickly enough because I could mostly just lay into him so it never really mattered.

Got 1handed mace and shield, not even useful for me at the moment :(

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

MF_James posted:

Finally pushed to beat vMA over the past few days and made it through! Ice arena is kind of hard, took me 6-7 tries, mushroom arena is loving awful though, so much crap can one shot and since you can go wayyy back in 3rd person it's hard to tell if poo poo is behind me like shockwave or shrooms. I easily died 50-60 times on this before having the drat stars align and not die to bullshit, bullshit being shockwave mostly because often despite being OUT OF THE WAY it would kill me anyway. Final arena only took me probably 5-6 deaths and I made a bunch of mistakes on the winning run anyway, got knocked off the top once and then let the boss eat the 2 gold ghosts that spawned, but he died quickly enough because I could mostly just lay into him so it never really mattered.

Got 1handed mace and shield, not even useful for me at the moment :(

Cool.

What class did you use? I literally quit the game for months after my constant fail vMA. My current build is better and I think I was playing better before this current trip, but I have not yet returned to it. My internet is not better though and that is a bit of a problem. I want some of the weapons, but have yet to gird my loins for another try.

I also want the Dragonstar Arena sword to make a build with that and the Knight Errants set... because I like making useless builds more than I like playing the game apparently... Therapy has not helped.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Sogol posted:

Cool.

What class did you use? I literally quit the game for months after my constant fail vMA. My current build is better and I think I was playing better before this current trip, but I have not yet returned to it. My internet is not better though and that is a bit of a problem. I want some of the weapons, but have yet to gird my loins for another try.

I also want the Dragonstar Arena sword to make a build with that and the Knight Errants set... because I like making useless builds more than I like playing the game apparently... Therapy has not helped.

stamsorc, probably could change some skills up to be better. I literally just posted it :)

MF_James posted:

Scy has good info on stamsorcs, I also run one, I don't push as much dps as scy but I'm in the 22-23k range and have almost beat vMA.

Basically, for PvE the meta is DW/Bow.

End goal is

DW Bar: rapid strikes (morph of flurry), blood craze (twin slashes morph), rearming trap (trap beast morph), camo hunter (expert hunter morph), and bound armaments (bound armor morph) ult: rend
Bow bar: poison injection (poison arrow morph), endless hail (volley morph), hurricane (lightning form morph), crit surge (surge morph), bound armaments (bound armor morph) ult: flawless dawnbreaker

You want gear that pushes your crit up, NMG/Hundings is good to start with, currenty I run NMG/red mountain, current monster set meta is scrimshaw which sadly I don't have a decent pairing of yet, I'm somewhere around 72% crit when self-buffed and that will go up slightly once I swap around gear.

Rotation will be something like: Crit Surge, Hurricane, poison injection, endless hail, swap, trap, craze, rapid, rapid, rapid, swap, poison, endless, hurricane etc etc

Rotation isn't be completely optimal (I don't think) I haven't taken the time to gently caress around with it (or ask scy) but I think I could probably push 24-25k dps if I got it a little tighter

CP (this is what I currently run/plan on running when I get 600cp):

Green: Warlord 100, mooncalf 100
Red: Elemental defender 100, Hardy 100 (I typically keep these fairly even)
Blue: Mighty 100, Piercing 30, thaum 50, precise 20(piercing/thaum though I'm not sure of a good spread and precise might be sub-optimal)

Basically you get healing from multiple sources, while crit surge is up (it should always be up) you heal for every crit, which is often, blood craze heals you, and rend heals you. Rend is really good to use on packs since it hits a shitload of enemies for a lot of damage (subsequently a lot of healing for you), but obviously use it when you can anyway. If someone is already running NMG in your group/raid, you can swap to leviathan (slightly less dps, but pure crit), hundings, or draugur set, really it depends on what is going on, if you're not going to take any damage I'd think about draugur, but I don't have a set of it made so I'm not sure how it stacks up, I usually make the other DPS swap or I just throw on my leviathan set.

I do not PvP with my stamsorc so you'll have to ask elsewhere for that, but supression field is stupid good from what I hear, so building gear with ultimate generation bonus and survivability in mind might be the route to go.

I'm wearing NMG weapons/3pcs of armor, 2 armor/3 jewelry red mountain and velidreth set. I really need to farm scrimshaw and engine guardian, but I've been lazy. Currently hit 17kish HP and 37k stam, I don't have 2 medium pieces of velidreth so I'm running light/heavy without divines at the moment (maybe one has divines I forget).

More HP in vMA would be nice, but honestly I feel like I'd need 25k+ for it to matter, most of the stuff that was killing me was one-shots in the 24k+ range (gently caress you arena 7), arena 5 and 9 did have stuff that slowly tanked my HP but as long as I paid attention I wouldn't die. Arena 5 was mostly about wiping ranged guys out quickly then dotting everything I could to keep myself alive, and arena 9 was just circle kite the daedroth flame attack and don't get ownt by ghosts.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 9, 2017

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
My current useless stamsorckat build is a roll build using 5/5 Senche and Way of Air... i think it is 5/5 both bars... can't remember. it's pretty fun. Cant remember what monster set... might be two singles. I think I can tune him so he has a roll bar, where the buffs carry over to the other bar and get a bit more umph from some other gear. He is pretty squishy for solo, but his regen seems fine. I should try armaments on him again like you are running. He's DW/Bow at the moment with everything else basically the same as the build you posted. He has very nice weapon damage after he rolls and I have not really improved his gear yet.

Have you tried Leviathan for your crit build? I don't have a full set yet, but pretty easy to get. Solo CoH normal until you have the base stuff you want and then group farm vet a bit.

I have also been messing about with a main bar Fighter's Guild intensive build to see how much I can get from the Slayer passive. Think I was doing this on my Stamplar.

You really end up with only one non-Fighters Guild attack on that bar. I was actually using Hidden Blade morphs which hit like a truck in that build and is surprisingly spammable. You can use Rally for Brutality though and then use the damage form of Flurry. If you get Brutality from the Hidden Blade morph then back bar can be Bow with Vigor. Even the bouncing knife morph was pretty amazing and fun since the bounces increase the damage.

Back bar can be 2H for heals, gap closer, brutality, empower (if using Hidden Blade), etc. which all carry back over to the more or less single attack front bar.

I tried the Silver Leash for gap closing, but it seems really buggy and not efficient.

I have tried the ring of preservation some, but it seems like it might be the single most costly skill in the game.

Close to having Bone Pirate and Draugr Hulk for him. Can't actually remember what armor I am running on him at the moment... might be Spriggans and Hunding or something. It was Fury and Reactive for PvP, but I have been slowly replacing that. None of the gear is yellowed up yet, but his weapon damage was getting to be pretty insane none the less. probably doesn't work in the long run, but I can't help myself.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Okay, so, someone explain PvP for me please. I finally decided to go into Cyrodiil with my magplar and it all seems very confusing. I joined the Azura's Star campaign and did a few quests, but it seems to me like there's actually a lot of single-player content around (delves and stuff), which is cool as I wouldn't mind checking out some Oblivion locations again. I assume though that any non-Ebonheart players I run into can murder me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Sogol posted:

My current useless stamsorckat build is a roll build using 5/5 Senche and Way of Air... i think it is 5/5 both bars... can't remember. it's pretty fun. Cant remember what monster set... might be two singles. I think I can tune him so he has a roll bar, where the buffs carry over to the other bar and get a bit more umph from some other gear. He is pretty squishy for solo, but his regen seems fine. I should try armaments on him again like you are running. He's DW/Bow at the moment with everything else basically the same as the build you posted. He has very nice weapon damage after he rolls and I have not really improved his gear yet.

Have you tried Leviathan for your crit build? I don't have a full set yet, but pretty easy to get. Solo CoH normal until you have the base stuff you want and then group farm vet a bit.

I have also been messing about with a main bar Fighter's Guild intensive build to see how much I can get from the Slayer passive. Think I was doing this on my Stamplar.

You really end up with only one non-Fighters Guild attack on that bar. I was actually using Hidden Blade morphs which hit like a truck in that build and is surprisingly spammable. You can use Rally for Brutality though and then use the damage form of Flurry. If you get Brutality from the Hidden Blade morph then back bar can be Bow with Vigor. Even the bouncing knife morph was pretty amazing and fun since the bounces increase the damage.

Back bar can be 2H for heals, gap closer, brutality, empower (if using Hidden Blade), etc. which all carry back over to the more or less single attack front bar.

I tried the Silver Leash for gap closing, but it seems really buggy and not efficient.

I have tried the ring of preservation some, but it seems like it might be the single most costly skill in the game.

Close to having Bone Pirate and Draugr Hulk for him. Can't actually remember what armor I am running on him at the moment... might be Spriggans and Hunding or something. It was Fury and Reactive for PvP, but I have been slowly replacing that. None of the gear is yellowed up yet, but his weapon damage was getting to be pretty insane none the less. probably doesn't work in the long run, but I can't help myself.

I have a set of divines leviathan that i pumped up to epic, it seems sub-optimal, it lowered my DPS and did not feel like it meaningfully increased my survivability.