Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

dazoner posted:

So wait... is Sasuke still powerless?

I'm going to guess no, but Overhaul's overall plan is to refine the drug such that it can permenantly suppress someone's Quirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Aurora posted:

I'm pretty sure the essence of his powerup is that he's normally only hardening probably like his skin and his powerup is hardening his entire body - which probably explains why he can only do it for so long.

It's kind of a wonder that he can even move. I imagine he has to be fighting with his own power to do it, what with the creaking/scraping noises he makes. What actually is that noise? Is the mook saying it's weird because it is in fact weird for a guy's whole body to be creaking, it is there something unique about the sound effect?

I wonder if the next step is to selectively go to max power so that he doesn't have to power through his own hardness to move.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

So it's like the Kaioken

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Two Tone Shoes posted:

How many heroes would be named Florida Man?

All of them. I think Florida is actually just a collective hivemind now.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dazoner posted:

So wait... is Sasuke still powerless?

Him being at the big hero teamup makes me think no, unless he's just there to say "hey guys I can't use my powers, watch out" or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It's kind of a wonder that he can even move. I imagine he has to be fighting with his own power to do it, what with the creaking/scraping noises he makes. What actually is that noise? Is the mook saying it's weird because it is in fact weird for a guy's whole body to be creaking, it is there something unique about the sound effect?

I wonder if the next step is to selectively go to max power so that he doesn't have to power through his own hardness to move.

The noises are probably because his whole body is as hard as he can make it and so in order to move he's scraping and compressing super hard parts together instead of soft, malleable parts. Like a bunch of unoiled, nearly rusted solid hinges.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Gyges posted:

The noises are probably because his whole body is as hard as he can make it and so in order to move he's scraping and compressing super hard parts together instead of soft, malleable parts. Like a bunch of unoiled, nearly rusted solid hinges.

I was more asking what the characters for the scraping sound effect meant, to see if that said anything more about what was happening. The way I interpret it now is his yeah body was a bunch of solid pieces that were all creaking and straining against each other as he moved. That seems like it would be a significant contributor to making Unbreakable difficult to maintain, so if he could learn some way to not make everything that solid all the time then maybe that would be an avenue for growth.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
it's basically the armored titan from SnK. He just needs to make his joints a bit smooth and he's like a knight in armor.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Huh, when I read it I thought the scraping sounds were from the criminal's blades breaking/scratching against Red Riot's body, and the criminal was surprised because he was expecting them to just pierce him. I think the "it's a sound created from him moving in his Unbreakable form" interpretation is probably correct, though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

What the gently caress

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He gon die

Tho if hes done all the penciling during storyboarding and all thats left is inking then thats a bit less involved.

He still gon die tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He gon die

Tho if hes done all the penciling during storyboarding and all thats left is inking then thats a bit less involved.

He still gon die tho

yeah everyone does that

die, that is

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

yeah everyone does that

die, that is

Mangakas and animators do tend to die a little faster, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And also keep in mind that Horikoshi has taken only one or two non-holiday breaks since the manga began two years ago.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
An animator who worked on a whole bunch of shounen like Naruto and YYH just straight up died from overwork not too long ago (and they only announced his death a few days ago) so maybe it will start a dialogue.

Who am I kidding no one in power in the industry actually cares

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Eej posted:

An animator who worked on a whole bunch of shounen like Naruto and YYH just straight up died from overwork not too long ago (and they only announced his death a few days ago) so maybe it will start a dialogue.

Who am I kidding no one in power in the industry actually cares
Die for your ART. :black101:

Japanese literally has a word for death-by-overwork. Karoshi. Literally "Work Kill".

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Spotted Pony in the 1-B lineup in the anime, was she shown much before?

Also it's kinda neat to pay more attention to how Kirishima and Bakugou act towards each other

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurora posted:

Spotted Pony in the 1-B lineup in the anime, was she shown much before?

Also it's kinda neat to pay more attention to how Kirishima and Bakugou act towards each other

Yep she placed.

In fact I think the case is that all 40 Hero course students placed, along with one General Ed and one Support ed.

Also the guy that came in 5th Juzo Honenuki is one of the four recommended students. I don't think we know who the second recommended student of Class B is yet.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 16, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
We're talking about a culture here that glorifies death in the weirdest ways possible.

Like, there are easier ways to go about killing yourself than Sokushinbutsu, goddamnit! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I don't think japan's glorified death since WW2, that's a weird thing to say.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Okay, glorified was definitely the wrong word...

Let's go with "Japan's culture is weirdly tolerant with suicide to the point of it possibly being a morally-responsible action depending on the situation".

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Please don't do this to a good thread.

That time a few chapters back where the art just slowly degraded into sketches was scary, I hope Horikoshi looks out for himself. :ohdear:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nah black clover had the same thing.
Id think it was because of their meetings with the anime teams.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea black clover and mha had the quality drop in the same week, didn't they?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They both had it drop twice, I think?

First was on the same week, I believe.

Second time wasn't.

Uh, MHA dropped on the week that Deku met Overhaul... and then once more... I think?

Black Clover dropped once on... uh, the finale of the previous arc? Maybe? And then a bit two weeks back.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Seeing how faithful the anime is being, I hope that if All For One completely loving obliterating the second hero strike team is ever animated they they roll with it being so fast as being incomprehensible.

Like Jeanist constricts AFO, starts to say something, then slam cut to AFO floating above the crater he made while rubble falls from the sky and that tinnitus sound you hear when people are hit with explosions is playing.

E: Huh, the proper term is literally Smash Cut. lmao. I've always heard people use Slam Cut in film discussion.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 16, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Kyte posted:

I'm not saying that's wrong, but it's about he perceived it. And in that lens it wasn't a great power. Going fast without having means to control it isn't very useful or heroic. And the goofy pose he has to take means devalues its cool factor relative to his standard of heroism.

Everything points to her invisibility being a passive that just happens to coincide with her actual powerset.

Another con for the weird 3-points of contact rule (which i think is hilarious and can only take it to be a jab at the workplace safety "3PC" thing) is that it'd be very hard to fight like that, unless you capoeira-style spin around on your head/arms/shoulders and kick a lot, maybe with a kneeling punching stance.

... wait, does it have to be his body? He wears shoes, right? What if he wears boots with defined heels?
:aaa:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Another con for the weird 3-points of contact rule (which i think is hilarious and can only take it to be a jab at the workplace safety "3PC" thing) is that it'd be very hard to fight like that, unless you capoeira-style spin around on your head/arms/shoulders and kick a lot, maybe with a kneeling punching stance.

... wait, does it have to be his body? He wears shoes, right? What if he wears boots with defined heels?
:aaa:
You're not going far enough, he could just wear roller skates to get all the required points of contact on each foot while doing sick stunts around town.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

sirtommygunn posted:

You're not going far enough, he could just wear roller skates to get all the required points of contact on each foot while doing sick stunts around town.

Mind=blown

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm guessing it's three points of contact or else they get super unstable and fall on their rear end

maybe they should learn how to skateboard

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Alternatively, Gentle-Man, hero and decent guy all around, could take up a career as a sniper.

Knee + knee + elbow provides his points of contact, so he can adjust his aim without having to move a single muscle in his body. Since it can go up walls, he could reposition and move from building to building pretty easily too.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
if he strapped a hoover to his stomach he could be a roomba

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Since gentleman The Crawler can seemingly cling to any surface with his power he'd be a pretty great rescue hero. A dude who could just hoverskate his way up and down a building however he wanted would be insanely useful, particularly since the force that makes him cling to stuff doesn't seem to be destructive or stressful to the surfaces he's on.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Since gentleman The Crawler can seemingly cling to any surface with his power he'd be a pretty great rescue hero. A dude who could just hoverskate his way up and down a building however he wanted would be insanely useful, particularly since the force that makes him cling to stuff doesn't seem to be destructive or stressful to the surfaces he's on.

i don't think he can just cling. he has to be moving and also going fast enough.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

i don't think he can just cling. he has to be moving and also going fast enough.

He should be able to cling, he'd just be moving at the same speed he'd be falling?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Kild posted:

He should be able to cling, he'd just be moving at the same speed he'd be falling?

I don't think it has innate sticky qualities. He can boost himself, kinda like those people who wallrun, except it lasts a bit longer since he's not actually pushing himself off, but he can't actually cling for a significant amount of time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno, doesn't he go straight up the side of the building his apartment is on like it's nothing?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, he uses both walls of the alley to ascend that.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So yes. He climbs walls. Let's all put that behind us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Again, he's not All-Might level, but with training, he could be a pretty effective speedster. Hell, give him a boombox and a megaphone and he's Lucio.