Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
drat, at the price I might have to get 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That set is mine, and just before my birthday too :getin:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'm getting that rocket on Day 1. It looks just as good as I thought it would be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
are you loving kidding me, 1969 pieces. I wonder how close to that they wound up at and what they added to get to that number. :allears:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm shocked it's priced at that. I figured it would be $199 for sure.

Just saw the Carousel was announced. I really want a full theme park and it's going to cost me a fortune.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Buying it, if it is on sale at the new legoland discovery centre near me. Will now doubt be like $200AUD or more.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

That's much cooler than I initially gave it credit for.

The little astronaut figures are great!

They didn't show how it breaks up into stages or give details on the lunar and command modules.

My opinion of it changed drastically when I saw the pictures this morning. I e gone from "don't buy" to "probably buy."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm ecstatic that it isn't just those huge 1/4 cylinder pieces.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mrs Doctor posted:

<3
Preorder it and it shall be yours.

Best spouse confirmed.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

xzzy posted:

I can't see how the pointy edge on the orange brick separators can make separating two plates any easier. It's sharp-ish, nowhere near fine enough to actually get in between the plates.

I thought you were supposed to put a brick separator under the stacked plates and one on top and use that to lever them apart.

And that Saturn V. Before it was announced I thought "Ya maybe I'll get it, lets see", but it looks really nice.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It'll look good next to Orthanc in an ebony and ivory contest of the tall.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm ecstatic that it isn't just those huge 1/4 cylinder pieces.

Yes, now it is a must-buy.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Think the Saturn will be hard to come by like the exo-suit was when it came out? Like will scalpers be grabbing it due to the price? Or more like ecto-1 where it wasn't too hard to find

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

DrChud posted:

Think the Saturn will be hard to come by like the exo-suit was when it came out? Like will scalpers be grabbing it due to the price? Or more like ecto-1 where it wasn't too hard to find

Impossible to say. Curiosity had such a low print run that tons of people missed out on it, and the Research Institute wasn't produced in very large numbers either. Exo-Suit wasn't quite as rare; I got six without any real trouble over several months.
You can be drat sure resellers and speculators will be buying lots of them, so it'll probably be hard to get within hours of release. We just have to hope they're not assholes again and keep this set in print for a year or two.

Because if it's still around, I can see myself getting one every couple months. After all, we had 7 complete moon shots. :getin:
(though one didn't actually get to land).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone on Craigslist has about 25 SW prequel sets for sale for $100. Probably 8 or 9 of them are some speeder bike thing though. The rest are probably 200-400 part sets, mostly star fighters and droid machines. Bunch of minifigures are missing and no instructions but there are still probably 20 figures. You guys think that sounds like a good deal? I just want them for parts since I don't like the prequels and they probably aren't collectible due to a lot of the figures being missing.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 29, 2017

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Someone on Craigslist has about 25 SW prequel sets for sale for $100. Probably 8 or 9 of them are some speeder bike thing though. The rest are probably 200-400 part sets, mostly star fighters and droid machines. Bunch of minifigures are missing and no instructions but there are still probably 20 figures. You guys think that sounds like a good deal? I just want them for parts since I don't like the prequels and they probably aren't collectible due to a lot of the figures being missing.

Definitely sounds like a good deal to me. Just from your description, retail value is probably $600+. Even if it was missing all the minifigs, it's a pretty good deal.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Plus since they are all built it's super unlikely there are mega blocks or whatever peppered in there.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I want the Saturn V right now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Anyone going to pick up the UCS Snowspeeder today?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dogen posted:

Anyone going to pick up the UCS Snowspeeder today?

No one because it's not May 4

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I have been a lurker in this thread for ages, I love LEGO and I still have all my childhood sets in storage (For my kids eventually I guess but also nostalgia).
That Saturn V though, If there was 2 things t hat I loved as a kid it was "space" and "LEGO". I think I need that thing after 15 years of not buying any LEGO. :v:

Since you guys mentioned limited prints and stuff I assume it won't show up in regular stores? I'm in EU-Netherlands if it matters w.r.t. obtaining one.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Didn't we already get a giant carousel? Not the winter themed one either.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Didn't we already get a giant carousel? Not the winter themed one either.

Yup, and now it generally goes for $1000 used and twice that new.

Apparently the new one is $50 cheaper than the original (it doesn't come with power functions and is about 500 parts lighter, so it's a bit smaller as well). It seems to be a bit of an unexpected announcement. They've done two Ferris Wheels separated by 8 years, and now two Carousels separated by 8 years...maybe in 2022, we'll get another Fairground Mixer!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Feenix posted:

No one because it's not May 4

On sale for VIPs today though, or did you mean you need whatever the promo is?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zedd posted:

I have been a lurker in this thread for ages, I love LEGO and I still have all my childhood sets in storage (For my kids eventually I guess but also nostalgia).
That Saturn V though, If there was 2 things t hat I loved as a kid it was "space" and "LEGO". I think I need that thing after 15 years of not buying any LEGO. :v:

Since you guys mentioned limited prints and stuff I assume it won't show up in regular stores? I'm in EU-Netherlands if it matters w.r.t. obtaining one.

Not sure exactly how it is in the Netherlands, but in the US ideas sets are generally sold at a more limited amount of stores. Lego stores carry them and they are easy to order online from just about anywhere. But big box stores never seem to stock them except Barnes and Noble.

They aren't limited in the sense that you will have trouble digging one up unless you wait too long and production ends.

Also, dang grab those ideas sets Wall E got pricey real quick.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dogen posted:

On sale for VIPs today though, or did you mean you need whatever the promo is?

IN STORE?!!

Even logged in, I see it as Coming Soon. (I am VIP, as we all should be!!) Is the actual brick and mortar Lego store any different?

[edit2] Googling says VIP members will have access from today. Do they just mean the LEGO VIP stuff we all earn points on? Or some actual kind of special VIP member?

I called a store and she had no idea what I was saying... Said the 4th...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 29, 2017

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I just stopped in and mine didn't have it (was at the mall anyway) so apparently my memory is bad or I had bad information

Edit: a couple blog posts definitely say 29th?
Edit2: I see another post saying early access was scrapped

Dogen fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 29, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I having a moment of insanity and am considering buying the Death Star. How is it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dogen posted:

I just stopped in and mine didn't have it (was at the mall anyway) so apparently my memory is bad or I had bad information

I read like 3 sites that said 4/29 for VIP but I guess they could all be sourcing bad intel.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It works for me anyway. I am expecting a lego gift card for the wedding I officiated and I would like to use that towards it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I having a moment of insanity and am considering buying the Death Star. How is it?

Personally I don't like it. For such an expensive set it doesn't really have much display value. If a big playset sounds cool to you though, Lego Stores have it on display atm the moment so you can take a good look at it if you want.

Admittedly i bet it would be really fun to build. But you could buy like, 3 modulars and have 50 dollars left over for the price of that thing. I just feel like there are so many better ways to blow $500 on Lego.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Heather from Lego 1-800 number was the first person to know what I was even talking about.

Dogen, you're not wrong... but it's not in North America.

May the 4th is the earliest here...

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.
The snow speeder is definitely available to buy for VIPs (early access) since this morning on Lego online shop in European countries. I know this because I was able to purchase one and also got the buildable R2-D2 freebie included too.

I just had a look, and it really does not seem to be available in the US... so you guys may have to wait for a couple more days, it looks like. Not sure why these diffences, they also had triple VIP points in Europe during April, but not in the US.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Star Wars was my whole childhood and the Death Star is goddamn amazing. Yeah, it's a playset but the whole reason I love Lego is the chibi-like representation of stuff (same reason I prefer the SW microfighters over the larger vehicles).

It is the ultimate SW dollhouse and includes rooms for every scene from IV and VI, and every one has amazing detail and play features.

I hesitated to pull the trigger for a long time but when I did I never regretted it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you're looking to drop beaucoup bucks on a Star Wars set, there's always that persistent rumor of a UCS Millennium Falcon reprint sometime this year. The Death Star just got a reprint and it'll likely be in stock for several years.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
It saddens me that s@h doesn't ship to my country, despite being in the EU. Sets here tend to be 50-100℅ over RRP.

Sent Lego an email asking if there is a chance for more delivery countries, was told yes but they do not have a timeline. Guess I have to stick to Amazon for now. At least they deliver quickly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I tripping or did Old Fishing Store get a release date?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Don't think so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's still not been officially announced other than at the Ideas Review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh, ok, that's a relief... I thought it was In June as well. I was like... my wallet!!