Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Backordered, but that's okay. It should ship for my birthday, so go me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
It's now up on Amazon as well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUANC80/

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Well... now I'll have two, unless I cancel the Lego Shop one.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Well, I guess the anticipation will only make it better, no stores around have it in stock and even though I pressed submit on an order last night it didn't go through. OH WELL. It will be the centerpiece of the new lego room in my new house.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Tanith posted:

I'm sad that none of 2017's Creator sets satisfy my lust for planes. Airshow Aces and Island Adventures do not scratch my itch. :(

I suppose, but it isn't every year that Lego make a motherfuckin' Sea Duck.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
Also, if you have the Amazon Prime Store Card you can get 15% back on certain Lego sets like the Caterham Seven, the Beatles Yellow Submarine and many Architecture sets through Father's Day:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_4?srs=16555417011&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Atoys-and-games

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Taking early lunch today to go the Lego store and get a Saturn V. :toot:

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

kefkafloyd posted:

Taking early lunch today to go the Lego store and get a Saturn V. :toot:

Uhh... well good luck, but I strolled into my local (pretty big) Lego store at 10:05 AM and got #16.... of 17.

They said they're getting a whole two more tomorrow...

It's happening!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Amazon price is already at $275. :v:

Since I was sleeping like a normal human last night, I'll just wait for the buzz to die down and lego's second production run hit stores.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Jesus I hope I get one. I'm at the back of the line and up to about a couple people ahead of me have boxes. I hope they have more in back.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I got there 5 minutes before opening and there were already a dozen people lined up, and another six or seven behind me by the time I checked out.

The cashier said she wasn't sure how many they had so I have no idea how the people behind me fared.

I probably can't start the build til Friday night :suicide:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Nice to see the online Lego store changed the per person limit from 5 to 2 after it goes out of stock.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Status update: they brought another big stack from the back. Whew! Also getting the republic fighter tank to have a non lovely Aayla and clone gunner minifig.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Holy poo poo. Solid burn, Branch.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

pzy posted:

Uhh... well good luck, but I strolled into my local (pretty big) Lego store at 10:05 AM and got #16.... of 17.

They said they're getting a whole two more tomorrow...

It's happening!

Same thing here, alas. They had 18 and I came up short. Oh well! Might wait till next week at this rate. I've had good luck with day ones over the past year so it was due to run out.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I got mine from the Liverpool store in the UK but it was a total poo poo show. They had about ten people outside when it opened and all ten ran in and just grabbed the five on the shelf so the manager said she would go get more. She did, leaving five more of us waiting by the shelves but when she came out she started serving at the till and giving the ones she had brought out to new comers. One guy rightfully pointed out that was lovely service and she ended up letting people jump ahead who'd been there at opening but they ran out before everyone got there's. Luckily I did. Also they are giving away 5 free Barman CMF with every purchase right now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PriorMarcus posted:

I got mine from the Liverpool store in the UK but it was a total poo poo show. They had about ten people outside when it opened and all ten ran in and just grabbed the five on the shelf so the manager said she would go get more. She did, leaving five more of us waiting by the shelves but when she came out she started serving at the till and giving the ones she had brought out to new comers. One guy rightfully pointed out that was lovely service and she ended up letting people jump ahead who'd been there at opening but they ran out before everyone got there's. Luckily I did. Also they are giving away 5 free Barman CMF with every purchase right now.

Lego needs to start honoring a lineup. I mean, it's no iPhone but still... I was 4th in front of a mall Lego store 20 min before it opened on May the 4th.

By the time the doors opened, there were like 30 people crowded around the door. It wasn't necessarily unruly, but people just kind of flooded in. Like 5 people (who were not the first 5) grabbed 2 Snowspeeders each and went to check out. The rest went to 2 lines behind 2 registers to get what was behind the counter. I was next in line 2 when the manager was ilke "can you ALL FORM ONE LINE" to which everyone in line 2 got into the back of LIne 1. (now like 30 people deep) I was like (to the 2nd register lady) "How many do you have left?" She said "6". I was like "I was the 4th person here, can I just check out in your line after this guy is done?" She said yes.

Just kind of becomes a shitshow.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The correct decision to be making if a lego store mob annoys you is to stay home and order the thing you want online.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Most stores are pretty savvy, even with only 17 available they were giving out numbers at mine.

Lego responds very well to store feedback, I'd shoot them a friendly message about it

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I mean, getting something the day it launches when store opens can be an exciting experience, if available to you. Ordering online is fine, too. Maybe I'll send them a little feedback. A little (and I mean a LITTLE) organization is all that would be required and things would go smoother. :)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It took me an hour to order last night. I kept thinking "just wait till morning" but I didn't give up. I'm glad I didn't seeing as it is backordered now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just got an email saying the order that I made last night is backordered. Also saying that they wouldn't charge me until it ships, but they already did. Not just an authorization, a charge that reconciled this morning.

gently caress you, Lego.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dang that sucks. Mine says it shipped and should be here saturday.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Old Fishing Store looks ace.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ultimate Batmobile just showed up on my door. :)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I finally put together my L***n lord of the rings pirate ship, really nice kit. One ghostdude is missing an arm, as far as minifigs without arms go, that's probably as inoffensive as it could be. A pair of chains are a bit too long but it's not a dealbreaker. Lots of spares as well, including a whole ship bow (stern?). I'll probably buy the fishing store (the genuine article!) to give it something to raid :D

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like the new SW sets are on shelves. Couldn't resist Vader transformation and bounty hunters. First time Vader has actually been in a set under $90 since I started buying Lego again so he was like the one main character is was missing, and he's a pretty big one to be missing, so I'm pretty happy they did him and the emperor in a $25 set.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spotted on reddit:

:v:

I wonder what percentage of day 1 sales go to resellers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

Spotted on reddit:

The only thing to know is "too many".

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
This is why they should limit popular sets to 1 per account/person. I don't get why they allow scalpers to buy 10+ when they know it will sell like hotcakes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The lego shop limited it to 5 per person. Who knows what other stores limit.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

Spotted on reddit:

What a loving chud.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Posting pictures of a pyramid of product for something you're scalping just makes people less likely to buy from you. Me, at least!

But yes, the Lego speculators are real, and they... go all out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Goddamnit, I just need the stock to hold for two weeks so I can buy one at the Disney Springs shop with my leftover Disney gift cards. :argh:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I went at lunch and was able to snag one from my local store. There was a lady standing at the door and asked if I was here for the Saturn V, said yes and she handed me a ticket. Looked like she had maybe 10 or so tickets left.

There was also a little kid there with his mom checking out in front of me and she said something like 'hmm, is says 14 and up, you're only 12...not sure if I can get it for you'

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I put the fighter tank together and it had a couple funky pieces- very small angled plates (probably I've seen them before but not many) and these weird tiles that's like half circle and half regular 1x1 tile.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can people really not wait a few weeks for Lego to restock to not pay a 70% markup?

I find the Saturn V hype kind of baffling. Don't get me wrong. It's a cool set. Not something I personally like enough to buy, but I get why people like it and it's well done. At the same time :wtf: I just absolutely do not get why everyone is losing their marbles over it to this degree.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want it because I love the Saturn V and Apollo. I don't know why everyone else is so obsessed with it. Hopefully these people will be forced to sell it at normal price when no one wants to pay 200 dollars for it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

Can people really not wait a few weeks for Lego to restock to not pay a 70% markup?

I find the Saturn V hype kind of baffling. Don't get me wrong. It's a cool set. Not something I personally like enough to buy, but I get why people like it and it's well done. At the same time :wtf: I just absolutely do not get why everyone is losing their marbles over it to this degree.
  • It's an Ideas set, so there's always a fear that it will go out of stock and never show up again.
  • It's an Ideas set that isn't yet another nostalgia cash-in
  • It's a really cool display item
  • It's physically huge and a good price per piece value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mine has said "In Warehouse" all day. Hmm..