Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Literal Ninja Jesus fated to bring peace to the world managed to keep it from going to complete poo poo for what, 20 years or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Then your left with Sasuke wannabe Bort.

Ninja world is a depressing world.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ive only read like half the chapters of boruto but i can't imagine them coming up w/ a plausible storyline that involves naruto losing any fight ever given that he and sasuke were so ludicrously more powerful than literally any other ninja, alive or dead at the end of the story.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They could strip Kurama from Naruto somehow but yeah good luck with Sasuke.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
too bad ninja magic is so simplistic. otherwise, they could force sasuke to be a decent human being or die, which would guarantee his death.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

too bad ninja magic is so simplistic. otherwise, they could force sasuke to be a decent human being or die, which would guarantee his death.

seals could probably do it but guess which character who came from a clan of sealing masters never, ever bothered with learning literal magic writing

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why is this so bad when the anime is so good?

Also seriously how old is she supposed to be, because that was just bizarre. I get this "I am reading a knock off" sort of feeling, it's just so offputting.

tbp posted:

ive only read like half the chapters of boruto but i can't imagine them coming up w/ a plausible storyline that involves naruto losing any fight ever given that he and sasuke were so ludicrously more powerful than literally any other ninja, alive or dead at the end of the story.
You could do a storyline where a bit before the flashforward they send out emissaries to chakra using ... We'll say Cowboys, or whatever ... and the other guy in the flashforward ends up convincing these massed armies that ninja jesus (jesii? does sasuke count?) is actually some sort of ninja tyrant and they send in massive waves of chakra gatlings guns that eventually just defeat Naruto via attrition. And then all that devastation is actually post-world war etc

Or in an ideal world that flash forward was all a fake out and Boruto doesn't turn into a dogshit emofest.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

tbp posted:

Sacrifices himself to save "X"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that would require sasuke to give a poo poo about something other than himself

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

that would require sasuke to give a poo poo about something other than himself

Eh. Sasuke cares about people.

Also Death would be a pretty surefire way to avoid having to be a father to his daughter and wife.

Sad thing is he's probably making the right decision knowing how bad Uchiha's gently caress up at everything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though it is absolutely true that his presence would gently caress everything up, he could still write letters, send gifts, maybe even arrange to meet them outside of konoha once in a while. if a guy ditches his family and cuts off all contact it isn't because he cares about them too much.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just cause he has the Sharingan doesn't mean he should be so Sharinglum all the time!!!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

even though it is absolutely true that his presence would gently caress everything up, he could still write letters, send gifts, maybe even arrange to meet them outside of konoha once in a while. if a guy ditches his family and cuts off all contact it isn't because he cares about them too much.

he's just trying to be like itachi

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I can't believe the artist wants to gently caress sasuke's daughter

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Doesn't salad have to experience horrible stuff to unlock the rest of her eye hacks?

She's going to have brain problems.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Dexo posted:

Eh. Sasuke cares about people Naruto.

Also Death would be a pretty surefire way to avoid having to be a father to his daughter and wife.

Sad thing is he's probably making the right decision knowing how bad Uchiha's gently caress up at everything.

FTFY

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That sexy Sarada bullshit is a shame, because I like the things Boruto is doing. And the interaction with Sarada is actually nice. "I understand, Boruto. Do your thing, Mitsuki and I will handle the mission. You can count on us!" That's a much better team dynamic than Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura had at the start of the series.

Of yourse the flashforward means that the manga story will turn to poo poo eventually, I just hope it won't happen anytime soon.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Doesn't salad have to experience horrible stuff to unlock the rest of her eye hacks?

Turns out all she'll have to do is focus chakra to her upper back.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fabricated posted:

Salad still has a chance to avoid her family's brain problems. She unlocked her first eye hack by being genuinely happy about her life.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Augus posted:

Salad still has a chance to avoid her family's brain problems. She unlocked her first eye hack by being genuinely happy about her life.

Her sharingan first activated in the Sarada gaiden when she thought her dad was a huge piece of poo poo who cheated on Sakura.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Begemot posted:

Her sharingan first activated in the Sarada gaiden when she thought her dad was a huge piece of poo poo who cheated on Sakura.

iirc, she awakened it out of pure excitement to see her dad.
then she actually met him and he didn't recognize her and threatened to murder her :laffo:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then your left with Sasuke wannabe Bort.

Ninja world is a depressing world.

Sasuke wannabe, with a side order of Danzo (even if Boruto might not know about Danzo). Boruto wants to be that top ninja who goes out on the dangerous, can't tell anyone about it missions and do the things the hokage can't or won't do.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Boruto turning into Danzo would be loving awesome. Starts injecting himself with Hashirama cells to power up his weird rear end hybrid eyehax and sprouting eyeballs all over while brainwashing children on loan from Kabuto. Maybe he could get some puntastic catchphrases like I SEE WHAT THE HOKAGE DOES NOT while his 17 eyeballs all open to start at his opponent.

Boruto will not be that interesting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well I mean Donzo wasn't interesting either do it'd a lateral move.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
GodDAMN it's been a long rear end time since I've been in this thread

can someone explain to me why the Serial Experiments Lain guy is writing the anime for this?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because they wanted the anime to be good to keep the franchise going, presumably. god knows the manga isn't going to suffice.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

sasuke really didnt do THAT much evil poo poo in naruto. like if u just list off his accomplishments its a lot of killing guys the leaf otherwise also wanted dead, and then bringing the hokages to save the world, and then directly fighting madara/the rabbit lady to save the world.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
We're talking about a series that people are choosing to read/watch after the prior series ended with the final boss being the author's misogyny made manifest out of nowhere.
Like, the bar for how bad something can be and still get an audience seems to be pretty low here.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Race Realists posted:

can someone explain to me why the Serial Experiments Lain guy is writing the anime for this?

Wait what

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

We're talking about a series that people are choosing to read/watch after the prior series ended with the final boss being the author's misogyny made manifest out of nowhere.
Like, the bar for how bad something can be and still get an audience seems to be pretty low here.

i still cannot fully wrap my head around how that was considered an even remotely appropriate ending. like, for all its faults, madara was perfectly set up to be the final boss and yet

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Augus posted:

Wait what

noriyuke abe

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kishi wrote himself into a corner with madara, who had gotten so ridiculous that kishi couldn't think up a way for him to be beaten. then he was encouraged to stretch it out a bit longer, so in comes a mute moon lady out of nowhere. i mind the moon lady a lot less than i do obito's 20 consecutive heroic sacrifices, though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

To be fair I haven't read the ending but that does sound strangely fitting.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Race Realists posted:

noriyuke abe

I don't think he worked on Lain at all?
And here I was getting my hopes up thinking you meant Chiaki Konaka.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I thought the Boruto dude was Ikemoto something.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair I haven't read the ending but that does sound strangely fitting.

I readily admit for me that Naruto is something I read because I love trainwrecks. It filled a Dominic Deegan shaped hole in my heart. The ending was truly one of the most amazingly awful things I've ever seen.
I loved every second.

Seriously, read it. It is oddly fitting. Like, she's not even allowed to trash talk and has to have a man do even that for her. Like I know we joke about Kishi's issues with women, but Jesus Christ the ending is like a cry for help.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He's not even a man. Well, he's male, but he's a black blob, and I'm not sure what he's a metaphor for, but a carrion eating blob was the big bad behind the series. I was flipping through the wiki while trying to figure out some crap from Boruto that doesn't make sense and he was even loving with the sage of six paths' sons.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean Donzo wasn't interesting either do it'd a lateral move.
Disagree, Danzo had some interesting stuff at work. That crazy body horror stuff being injected in Boruto would be novel.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Before Kaguya was thought up, what do you suppose Black Zetsu's original reason for existing was?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga ended with naruto punching some (but not all) of the rear end in a top hat out of sasuke. kaguya happened, and she sucked, but that wasn't the end of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mraagvpeine posted:

Before Kaguya was thought up, what do you suppose Black Zetsu's original reason for existing was?

Zetsu was a dude who could spy on people for the Akatsuki and had a weird appearance and a novel split personality thing going on

• Locked thread