Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dogen posted:

This is not up to date and I have other stuff in my office and The Simpsons sets in the living room, and a bunch of sets in tubs in my storage shed.

Sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

We have very similar collections.

Yours is bigger though :sterv:

My wife is very tolerant. Also in return our living and dining room have a lot of pop vinyls and framed art that she picked out.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is pretty much all I have out, plus the rocket shelf I posted a few days ago.

Big advantage to a closed cabinet is it needs wayyyy less dusting. Plus it keeps the cats out of it. Also I don't want my house to have lego on every horizontal surface, which I could do if I wanted to. :spergin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EvilJoven posted:

While I whole heartedly agree, I wish I could trust delivery guys to put a little more effort into making sure my poo poo doesn't get stolen.

By doing stuff like, oh, I don't know, actually getting signatures when a signature is required.
without getting into it too much, thanks to technological advances, delivery drivers for many shipping companies are tracked by GPS and are watched constantly. If they fall behind schedule they are called up and yelled at, sometimes due to no fault of their own. It's the dystopian future idea of "pure efficiency or else", they've got a dude on their rear end if they're not operating at maximum efficiency. Not to excuse not waiting for a signature/not dropping off the package and leaving a slip instead, but it wouldn't surprise me with how companies like UPS have been squeezing their employees harder instead of hiring more, that they'd be in a huge rush.

Dogen posted:

This is not up to date and I have other stuff in my office and The Simpsons sets in the living room, and a bunch of sets in tubs in my storage shed.
college degrees? nah my legos take center stage ;)

for me I'm not going to be displaying my Lego sets much until I finagle a stacked Detolf layout since the Message Intercept Base(and its box) won't fit inside a normal upright Detolf. I plan on laying three of them on their sides, stacked, and building a wood/metal framework to prevent them from falling over. It'll allow me to fit the majority of large Lego sets inside it proper without any shenanigans.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I think I'll just report it to lego customer service, they already sent me the droid offer from may after I politely complained that their website showed it as still available after I made my order.
The couriers in Australia are mostly subcontractors of Australia post and are mostly poo poo, probably because of the deadlines and lack of care.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Captain Invictus posted:

college degrees? nah my legos take center stage ;)

My law degree and law license are still in their envelopes, haha.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Spookydonut posted:

I politely complained that their website showed it as still available after I made my order.

Just did the same. What's up lego? First the free shipping hike, now no free trinkets?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Whats this?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ineptitude posted:

Whats this?

It’s the Mormon generation ship Nauvoo in The Expanse.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So piece counts and prices for the Last Jedi sets have been posted on a german retailer site:

quote:

75187 UCS BB-8 - 1016 pieces - €99.99
Oooh, I can get my UCS R2-D2 a friend? Sweet.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

It’s the Mormon generation ship Nauvoo in The Expanse.

If you haven't yet started watching this show start watching this show.

Also I want a UCS Roscinante.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was posted over at reddit and it's awesome to see, esp. if you have the older ship.

Of course someone had to chime in that ACTUALLY ITS 7CM OFF!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Meh, this is the worst they could have done, the comic relief/children gimmick of a mediocre movie. Might as well have done a UCS JarJar Binks head...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hopper posted:

Meh, this is the worst they could have done, the comic relief/children gimmick of a mediocre movie. Might as well have done a UCS JarJar Binks head...

:allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopper posted:

What is it like being dead inside.

Also, UCS Jar Jar would be amazing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm kind of with them - I have a huge bias for ship/vehicles and any UCS that isn't a ship/vehicle is a wasted UCS.

On the other hand, any UCS that isn't a ship is money saved.

Vintersorg posted:

I think it'd be hilarious. Wonder if it would be better or worse received then the UCS hoth.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Has lego ever done a stock car set?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

What is it like being dead inside.

That feeling when UCS R2D2 and UCS Falcon were in your dark ages? That's what it feels like.

And you know what I would legit buy in a heartbeat? Lego UCS Helmets from the OG trilogy Vader, Boba, Stromtrooper. There's an ideas project that would never get through because its based on a license.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"The prequels were made just to sell toys," says man playing with remote controlled BB-8

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Vintersorg posted:

This was posted over at reddit and it's awesome to see, esp. if you have the older ship.

Of course someone had to chime in that ACTUALLY ITS 7CM OFF!

Honestly considering the usual scale differences between similar lego sets that's amazingly close.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I just recently finished the Lepin WALL-E. Thoughts:

The model itself is fantastic. It's a pretty adorable representation of WALL-E himself, the build is interesting with a lot of differently structured parts coming together, and it's got so much articulation it's practically an action figure. The Lego version of this would be a solid 10/10.

As with the only other Lepin model I've done, the Blockade Runner, the bricks were almost indistinguishable from Lego quality. There were a couple plates I had to give a couple tries to stick flat, and the 3x2 plates are the wrong color (they're yellow instead of the yellow-orange of the rest of the model), but the latter are all hidden in the finished model.

Like the Blockade Runner, though, the Technic parts are where you can tell this isn't the real thing. There weren't many connections this time that were too tight (the treads don't move too readily, but I'm not sure if that's because the wheel axles are tight, or the treads have no traction), but there were a fair number that were really loose. WALL-E's head in particular has a tendency to topple forward, due to the ratcheted joint at the base of his neck slipping (not to be confused with the other head issue the original Lego set had, which is fixed in Lepin). It's not a model-breaking issue, but since WALL-E's head is front-heavy to begin with, it does mean that it has to be held far enough back to balance over the neck joint, or the lower neck joint has to be leaning all the way forwards, which limits his poses. The thumbs are also really loose, though they stay in place, and the hoses at the back of the head slide right out of their end cones. I could probably easily Bricklink those parts to fix them, though. Since a lot of the strength of this model comes from its articulation, it is kind of unfortunate that Lepin isn't great in that area, but a lot of the connections (eyes, arms, fingers, door) work really nicely too.

Overall a good purchase. You can tell it's a bootleg if you look close, but it's a very good bootleg.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 14, 2017

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DrChud; we got your package in the mail and my daughter flipped out over the unicorn girl mini-fig and the extra Batwing polybag rocked. She is a massive fan of Batman and absolutely loves playing with those Legos, thanks again man that was wonderful and my daughter loves it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The official Wall E treads don't roll very well either. The only way to get them to roll easily is over textured carpet that can grab the treads. I really want to bricklink some parts to color swap my WallE though.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rythe posted:

DrChud; we got your package in the mail and my daughter flipped out over the unicorn girl mini-fig and the extra Batwing polybag rocked. She is a massive fan of Batman and absolutely loves playing with those Legos, thanks again man that was wonderful and my daughter loves it.

Your very welcome, glad to hear it got there!

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
I was perfectly okay with not getting the Saturn V rocket, but my dad dropped some pretty heavy hints about it for Father's Day. It looks like it's unavailable online and it's being gouged heavily on Amazon/eBay. I'm planning on running to the Lego store today, but my odds are pretty slim at this point, eh?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Call first? :confused:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

Call first? :confused:

If you call ahead and they have one will they hold it for you?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Usually, yeah.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ideas-Apollo-Saturn-Building/dp/B01MUANC80

1 left (at retail, sold by Amazon) which is probably gone by the time you read this post...

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
The Saturn V was my Father's Day present to myself. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble three days before release, and it has been murder walking by the box every day since, but not as murderous as if I had waited and then not been able to find it. Two more days until my kids and I dig into it. Can't wait.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SuperSpiff posted:

I was perfectly okay with not getting the Saturn V rocket, but my dad dropped some pretty heavy hints about it for Father's Day. It looks like it's unavailable online and it's being gouged heavily on Amazon/eBay. I'm planning on running to the Lego store today, but my odds are pretty slim at this point, eh?

You could just get him a card and say "I'll get you the saturn V when it's available again."

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Print out the "backordered" receipt

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ChesterJT posted:

If you call ahead and they have one will they hold it for you?

Actually, probably not. But oftentimes they DO answer the phone before they open. (like half an hour maybe?) and at least you won't be driving for a definite "no".

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
it is literally available on Amazon RIGHT NOW you silly goons

Edit: It keeps switching back and forth from "5 available" to not in stock, thanks Bezos

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
All I see is scalpers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zedd posted:

It really is plastic crack isn't it? :ohdear:
Ever since ordering the set I am tempted to bury out this badboy that I have in storage (I have all my Lego in storage for my kids/nostalgia)

Being Impatient for the Saturn V I went digging:

Inside the box, bit messy and I don't remember the base being a sled...

Seems I made a MOC back as a kid. :v:

I also remembered I had this kickass 80's Miami Vice/Baywatch thing. :pcgaming:

Edit: Formatted post, let me know if the images are too big and ill timg them all.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You don't have to worry about image size, as the page will scale them to fit the viewer's browser window.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

xzzy posted:

You don't have to worry about image size, as the page will scale them to fit the viewer's browser window.

People still bitch about it because they’re running Mosaic or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

JUST GOT MY RECEIPT FOR THE SATURN V FROM LEGO
:peanut:
This was my father's day present to myself, too.