Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Boat does not float"

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
drat, that's amazing.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The detail shots are great

https://brickset.com/sets/70620-1?more-images

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm that looks pretty dope.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
drat, ninjago killing it lately. Between that set, the Saturn and the fishing shack, my wallets going to be hurting.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That ninjago design team is just killing it. They need to put some of those guys on the marvel superheroes line to make better playsets.

veni veni veni posted:

They really retired those 2 of those 3 $25 dollar SW sets (hoth attack, Droid escape) abnormally quick. Kind of annoying I actually want to pick at least the hoth one up now and it's already months gone. They couldn't have even been on the shelf for a year.

The old droid escape set hung around a long time, that's kinda weird. The new one is nice and adds play value to the sandcrawler. You can still get it with a not horrible markup on amazon.

The Hoth set is kind of meh, but if you have no other Hoth stuff it's handy for your AT-AT to attack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lego needs to start up a rocket ship line and keep making more space dicks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, and today I just discovered a friend of a friend is a Lego store manager. :toot:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Heh, one of the figures in that set is wearing a Galidor T-shirt.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

pzy posted:

holy moley

As someone who generally gives no fucks about Ninjago, I am so in for this. This is brilliant.

[edit] How big a BOOKLET will the stickers make up? My vote is 10 pages. LOL

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 21, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that real? Holy crap.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Yeah not a huge fan of what looks like a ton of stickers.... but god drat everything else about it is amazing

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

veni veni veni posted:

Is that real? Holy crap.

Yes. Release date 1 September.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/NINJAGO-City-70620?CMP=SOC-NinjagoCityAnnouncement&p=70620

ivantod fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 21, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kinda nuts it's the same price as Assembly Square. I mean, I get it... but wow.

And yes, I don't mind stickers that much, but this will be a fuckload of them.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

That water. My fingers hurt just thinking about pushing all of those on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's honestly one of the coolest sets I've ever seen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wonder if it will connect with other modulars?

Holy hell it is beautiful. $300 isn't even that bad.

Between ToA, the Boat, and this thing, I'd have to say that Ninjago is running away with it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I do like how they give you what appears to be a bog standard grey baseplate, then instantly put two layers of plates on top of it to dress it up.

Like that better than the old "print an island on a baseplate" stuff they used to do.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dang. I never gave Ninjago so much as a glance but between this and the Airjitzu temple...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah honestly that's one of the best sets I've ever seen. There's so much personality crammed in there. And I don't even care about Ninjago.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Waltzing Along posted:

I wonder if it will connect with other modulars?

Holy hell it is beautiful. $300 isn't even that bad.

Between ToA, the Boat, and this thing, I'd have to say that Ninjago is running away with it.

Seems like it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it September 1st yet? gently caress I can't wait. Feel kinda bad for the kids, though. That's a very pricey set that any Ninjago kids are going to die for.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

It's a little too toy-like for my tastes :(

Am I doing it wrong?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Modular connection seems kinda weird cause you get the Ninjago's water at the same level as the other houses' pavement and it generally feels out of scale, but whatever works.

If you went to a lot of effort, though, you could modify your modulars to be more cyberpunk, with water at the street level and a retrofitted promenade/new entrances at first floor. That could be a really cool aesthetic. Old houses, repurposed for the future.

... I have to stop giving myself ideas that I'm not equipped to carry out in terms of either skill or finance.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo... you just gave me the idea of ideas.

Modular street. Modernized future billboards. Future track waving above the street. Wipeout racing craft flying by.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feenix posted:

Holy poo poo... you just gave me the idea of ideas.

Modular street. Modernized future billboards. Future track waving above the street. Wipeout racing craft flying by.

Yes, I want to see that. Do it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/dystopian_lego_cyberpunk_city_is_straight_out_of_blade_runner

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, I want to see that. Do it.

Guy, I own like ONE modular. Oh I'll do it. It'll probably take a few years! ;)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

pzy posted:

holy moley

LEGO TOKYO IS ABOUT TO E-X-P-L-O-D-E!!!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Oh what the gently caress?!
God drat, ninjago! Why?!

Now I have to rebuild all my modulars as cyberpunk

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always have all the intentions of buying the really big sets and puss out, but I really think I'm going to have to kiss $300 goodbye on that one. The cyberpunk/kowloon walled city style just makes it the coolest modular to me and it looks unbelievably fun to build. The amount of variety is ridiculous.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

See this makes me even happier this exists because I always see stuff like that custom you linked and think, oh, wow, that's awesome, too bad Lego would never go for that (*).

Then Lego goes ahead and makes a set that, while not exactly on the level of the stuff madmen can do with MoC, definitely more than nails a burning desire to make a NEO TOKYO-TO version of our city block.

(*) TBF, I thought the same thing about the GBHQ when the custom builder made one, and here we are!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Great, now I have to get that.

Between this, the ToA, maybe that boat, and the fishing shack, this is going to be an expensive year. And never mind the regular stuff like new modular, creator car, and the rumored UCS Millenium Falcon.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I wonder.....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...04-e6b11e022e1c

You're kidding me...

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Wow, I wonder if Lego can do more to nail them down now? I mean the studs on those photos clearly have the LEGO logo on them. I guess the answer is no and these jokers are an acceptable trade off to cheap as gently caress manufacturing in China.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mitochondritom posted:

Wow, I wonder if Lego can do more to nail them down now? I mean the studs on those photos clearly have the LEGO logo on them. I guess the answer is no and these jokers are an acceptable trade off to cheap as gently caress manufacturing in China.

That's cause they just grabbed the photos Lego released and threw their badge on it. Once Lepin starts actually making the set and they'll have new pictures that they own and they'll be back in the clear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lego Ninjago Bagged Minifigs!

Those are some heckin sweet accessories.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/877889003067850752

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh god I need those bowls and the corn flake box

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are those the new CMFs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Feenix posted:

Are those the new CMFs?

Yes!