Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
What part is the computer mouse? I've never seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah, here's the source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lingonkart/with/35817328212/

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Holy hell that neck beard is amazing, such an incredible amount of detail in such a small area, I love it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Sadly the rest of his creations has way too much anime stuff in it...

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

So you are saying its a self portrait.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
For a second I thought that was one of the internal rooms of the ninjago city block.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hopper posted:

Sadly the rest of his creations has way too much anime stuff in it...

They're really well made for what they are, at least. And his Doom Marine is fantastic. He also did Marina Liteyears, Mechazawa, XJ9, and a tiny Rathalos, which look great.

his original stuff is pretty neat too. A demon with frogs for ears, clever.

And, well, I can't see anything super discomforting in...oh...oh no

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
On the one hand, he's an amazing Lego designer. On the other, he's a brony.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was going to ask why he had a LEGO‐compatible pony figurine for the basement diorama, but of course he does.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Nice piss bottles

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Finally figured out that the rear compartment of the Scuttler can store the jet pack after watching the jangbricks review. I knew that empty space was meant for something, it just hadn’t occurred to me to take advantage of the fact that the jets are on a ball joint and can rotate ... outward? so it’s not too wide to fit. I hate it when they leave that kind of feature off the instructions. It makes the engine compartment look more finished, also, to have the jets and that grill and the disc with the round tile.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 18, 2017

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
Has anyone seen plans for a UCS Scuttler? It bothers me that the set is smaller than the movie one.

Metal beard's Sea Cow was understandable to make smaller, seems to me this could have been full size.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Oh, that room isn't a parody, its a self portrait

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
What reference am I missing with that room? Or is it just the detail that people are geeking out over?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Habibi posted:

What reference am I missing with that room? Or is it just the detail that people are geeking out over?

It's a perfect representation of a neckbeard basement room

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

lmao the phoneboobs

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 19, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

M'Lego.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao the phoneboobs

:master:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Rage posted:

Oh, that room isn't a parody, its a self portrait

It's a pretty big self-deprecating joke.

As high as he is on the cum-stained-jorts scale, at least the dude can laugh at himself.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Re: Bricklink finding stores for you. I was looking through my old bookmarks and I had one to a site that would look for stores with all the parts you want. So at least I'm not crazy and that didn't exist on bricklink at back when I last bought parts.

In any case, work continues on this monstrosity.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, Jangbricks looks nothing like I imagined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHNOUEF6U0

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Came across a couple of these mini sets in one of my CL bins, digging their simple design.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

tomapot posted:

Came across a couple of these mini sets in one of my CL bins, digging their simple design.

For the longest time, those orange rods in the podracers were the only way to have a trans-orange lightsaber blade.Those little sets ruled, the MTT especially.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

It's a pretty big self-deprecating joke.

As high as he is on the cum-stained-jorts scale, at least the dude can laugh at himself.

Yeah this is the internet, I'm not about to assume he's being on the nose about it and not super proud of his piss jugs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lego's rage inducing SDCC exclusive minifigs continue this year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wish I could find the unikitty one for a decent price.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have this lovely condition where I start getting all antsy when I know some Lego sets or CMFs get released early somewhere.

I think: oh poo poo my Target might have them and then I go and I see like 10 random bags from 3 series ago... :/

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Wish I could find the unikitty one for a decent price.

Same. I'd readily spend $20, maybe even $30, but it's still going for more than twice that on ebay. Though no one seems to be paying $200 any more; looks like they're all sub-$100.

Deadpool Duck's already selling for ~$240.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Are there any good instructions out there for a minifig scale Spitfire? There's a couple really nice custom kits but they're ridiculously expensive.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pyroclastic posted:

Same. I'd readily spend $20, maybe even $30, but it's still going for more than twice that on ebay. Though no one seems to be paying $200 any more; looks like they're all sub-$100.

Deadpool Duck's already selling for ~$240.

Sub 100? Haven't seen that.

------

Weird. GF is working on a set. It was NIB but the sticker sheet was missing. Hope Lego sends a new one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got a really good price from a nice goon on UCS Hoth and I just finished building it. I gotta say I really, really like this set. I get where the hate comes from. I even shat on it myself when it was announced, but it doesn't deserve it. It's really loving massive. The pics don't do it justice at all. Even at the unwieldy retail price tag I don't think it's a bad deal. The thing takes up half of my dinner table. Once I was finishing it up it started to look less like a Lego set and more like a Warhammer campaign set up on my table. It's definitely a play set through and through (with a lot of neat features) but I think with some strategic placement it will be a nice display piece as well. The individual builds are much cooler than the pics lead on. I really like the doorway and all of the snow is really well done. Also, a really fun and varied build.

It's far from perfect though. The lack of a Leia is really annoying. Especially considering that Hoth Leia is annoyingly pricey. Toryn Farr was a cute bit character to include, but the minifigure is terrible. Her only defining traits were those big headphones and big collar and the minifig includes neither. It's just a generic lego lady face and hair on top of a rebel trooper body. You could probably just cobble one together, and I couldn't have even told you what character that was supposed to be if the box hadn't said. The Wampa cave is super pointless since the theme is the battle. I like that they included the wampa itself, because I wanted one, but the cave was a total waste of parts. It could have been used to make the other rooms better or add an additional room, or god forbid make the generator look complete. The drat thing attaches to the interior of Echo base wtf. Also, I love all the Hoth rebel troops and there are about 7 of them, but I'd gladly have lost one for a medic droid. Should have had that with the medic bay instead of the Wampa stuff.

Lastly, I don't think there is a single exclusive part or print in the whole set. would have been a great opportunity to fix the wonky looking Snowspeeder canopy with either a new one or a new print like they gave the Y-Wing. Instead it's just the old X-wing canopy all over again.

:spergin: aside. It's still pretty drat awesome and paired with an AT-AT I think it's a great addition for anyone who is fond of that scene and doesn't own too many of the earlier Hoth sets, maybe even if you do.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The snowspeeder windscreen is really irritating because it's not remotely the right shape and they could easily make a proper one (or something a little more accurate) using hinges and the old-style car windscreen. I've been tempted by the UCS Hoth set, but I'm sure that's mostly because it's the only way to get that good Wedge and Janson. Last time I priced them on Bricklink they were ~$50 for the pair.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am on holiday in Sweden and went into town today. There is a shop that usually has older lego sets till, if at slightly higher prices than in Germany. He still had some older CMF bags. I managed to grab a banana dude and a corncob guy easily. There was also still at least 1 other banana guy and a rocket dude plus quite lot more bags I didn't feel up. Sometimes smaller retail stores are a treasure trove.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm holding off on building some sets right now because of lack of space and incoming renovations, but this Saturn V thing is sitting here looking very seductive. It's not that big, right?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Nah it's just massive. Imagine a big rocket, then add some inches and you are there. I ordered it and then saw it built in the Leicester Square Lego store and literally went "poo poo that's way larger than I thought, where am I going to place that"? to my buddy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's only a meter tall.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I must have this robot shark
https://brickset.com/article/29394/70656-garmadon-garmadon-garmadon!-revealed

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It occurs to me, after reading it repeatedly, that Garmadon is a really daft name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

It occurs to me, after reading it repeatedly, that Garmadon is a really daft name.

idgi, could you spell it out for me?

The robo shark is cool, but I'm more interested in that awesome hotdog cart.