Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

So this basically confirms Kale learning to control the form later. Curious as to who she gets a cool fight with tho.

I hope Frieza, cause I want big baby Frieza to get his rear end handed by a legendary monkey and try to blow the arena up

e: Which reminds me, where was Frieza in all of this??? Surely he would have had a smug comment about "drat MONKEYS" during Kale's frenzy rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

lezard_valeth posted:

In her defense, haven't you ever had an insecure friend that's asking you every 2 minutes "Hey, I'm not being a bother am I?"

You're assuming goons have friends.

Caulifla was just too focused on having a good fight because she's fem!Goku, that poo poo just happened to trigger the LSSJ form (the L stands for lesbian). She's actually closer to early DBZ Gohan than she is to Broly, really. I don't think she was there to job to Jiren either, I think Jiren got a good shot in on what was basically a Goku hate machine. DBS has been all about how fighting smart can defeat power levels, and Kale is the epitome of not fighting smart.

Caulifla going "THERE'S A SUPER SAIYAN THREE????" was dope.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody in super is even remotely similar to early dbz gohan

I don't think kale existed purely to lose to jiren either, tho this fight was entirely set up to make him seem strong

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I hope Frieza, cause I want big baby Frieza to get his rear end handed by a legendary monkey and try to blow the arena up

e: Which reminds me, where was Frieza in all of this??? Surely he would have had a smug comment about "drat MONKEYS" during Kale's frenzy rage

I completely forgot Frieza in all of this, him witnessing yet another stupid monkey transformation and being owned would be a good end for his role in this arc.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

but I don't understand why it's ok when kale does this stuff but not ok when broly does the exact same thing; why is he lame but she isn't?

Broly's form and fighting are very very very cool, it's everything else about him that sucks. It just so happens those first two things are the only thing they really share.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

nobody in super is even remotely similar to early dbz gohan

Kale is a timid motherfucker that gets really strong and mad when her big strong pal is threatened.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
There's no way Universe 6 is suffering permanent erasure after that showcase. That body toss energy blast combo is gonna sell a whole game on its own one day.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she's timid; gohan was too scared to fight. that's different

Saagonsa posted:

Broly's form and fighting are very very very cool, it's everything else about him that sucks. It just so happens those first two things are the only thing they really share.

that's the exact opposite of every single thing I have ever seen about broly fighting before

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Broly had a hate-boner for one person, Kale has a hate-boner for like anyone that looks like it's gonna take Caulifla away from her, figuratively or literally speaking.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

timidness is being afraid to do poo poo dumbass

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's the exact opposite of every single thing I have ever seen about broly fighting before

I mean, I can't speak for anyone else. That's just how I've always felt.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dias posted:

kale is literally fighting people when not hulking out. she's not like gohan, who would literally just stand there and act scared until he got mad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

kale is literally fighting people when not hulking out. she's not like gohan, who would literally just stand there and act scared until he got mad

kale was getting punched in the belly repeatedly while doing weak-rear end lemme go strikes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so? she was still fighting. not being very good at it doesn't change anything

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dias posted:

Kale is a timid motherfucker that gets really strong and mad when her big strong pal is threatened.

"pal"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

they just gals being pals

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Saagonsa posted:

Seriously, Broly's actual problems were his terrible motivation (Crying infant!) and near total lack of characterization. I won't argue Kale's insecurity and jealousy of people getting between her and Caulifla are high art or anything but its a darn sight more understandable and relatable than anything Broly had, not to mention we've mostly seen Kale in her normal form up to this point and gotten to know her as an actual character.

Her letting loose was honestly pretty spectacular from a fight point of view, but they were clearly trying to hammer home the fact that what she was doing was almost the worst possible thing for that moment and seriously jeopardized herself and her team, so its not like the show or characters are all going 'She's so drat cool!' which was another Broly problem.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dias posted:

Gohan doesn't have a timid personality at his core. He's a pretty normal kid early on. He's reluctant to be the ultimate Saiyan battle warrior and poo poo, even if he kind of has to be because the world's in danger, but he was a driving force in the early Namek stuff.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The cousins, Kale and Caulifla.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kale being similar to Gohan is on purpose, so I don't understand why this is an argument. And Caulifla is U6 Goku, and Cabba is funhouse mirror Vegeta, and Hit is purple Piccolo. Their gods are fat Beerus and fat Shin and girl Whis. Frost is literally blue Frieza. This is Universe 6's theme.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

y'all, Caulifla calling Goku an old man was pretty funny

also the return of the ultra super saiyan was funny too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she's literally broly. that's her mirror

Nessus posted:

Gohan doesn't have a timid personality at his core. He's a pretty normal kid early on. He's reluctant to be the ultimate Saiyan battle warrior and poo poo, even if he kind of has to be because the world's in danger, but he was a driving force in the early Namek stuff.

gohan's afraid to fight
kale's afraid of other people

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Almost was afraid that Hit was gonna job right there. I can't hate Kaufilla she's basicaly fem goku. Just the gleam in her eyes when she reacted there was SSJ3. What can else be said, that was a pretty great episode. And I"m one of the Broly haters , so yeah a little of me eye rolled a little the Broly form being stupid strong (nothing with Kale, I love the take on Broly with her) Granted it was done much better in more of uh hey maybe her going HULK was not a good idea instead of the usual wank Broly gets.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 23, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God

Could you guys imagine

Gohan getting so pissed off that he goes LSSJ?

How has that never been a thing in Xenoverse

Just random Sayians going berserk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nessus posted:

He was still timid early on, but basically because he was like, 5? I just think other than her form, Broly is pretty far from what Kale ACTUALLY is. Kale doesn't hate ONE person, she hates anyone that wants to take Caulifla away from her. She's not held back by exterior forces, she's just not an actual fighter unless she's real mad. The whole "insane potential but can't tap into it willingly" just adds to me thinking Gohan too. I don't think she's gonna be a direct equivalent, but she's kinda past just being fem!Broly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What exactly makes Cabba anything like Vegeta? I mean, even as foil/mirror I don't think any personality traits really stick or match up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

Oh God

Could you guys imagine

Gohan getting so pissed off that he goes LSSJ?

Gohan is not a lesbian and as we've established L stands for lesbian. :colbert:

(although I wouldn't be surprised if we get a berserk Gohan moment. Hell, Trunks basically went all white eyes way stronger than usual during the Zamasu arc)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Her motivation is inverse Broly in that she loves someone a wee bit too much.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dias posted:

Gohan is not a lesbian and as we've established L stands for lesbian. :colbert:

Allow me to show you my trans headcanon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Junpei Hyde posted:

Her motivation is inverse Broly in that she loves someone a wee bit too much.

Better than being fueld by baby tears.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

What exactly makes Cabba anything like Vegeta? I mean, even as foil/mirror I don't think any personality traits really stick or match up.

Playing off of him, his relation to Frost before Frost's secret came out, his position opposite Kale and Caulifla, who are Gohan and Goku respectively.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dias posted:

He was still timid early on, but basically because he was like, 5? I just think other than her form, Broly is pretty far from what Kale ACTUALLY is. Kale doesn't hate ONE person, she hates anyone that wants to take Caulifla away from her. She's not held back by exterior forces, she's just not an actual fighter unless she's real mad. The whole "insane potential but can't tap into it willingly" just adds to me thinking Gohan too. I don't think she's gonna be a direct equivalent, but she's kinda past just being fem!Broly.
Sure, he was 5 years old and bright enough to realize he should probably not be doing this, it's like if Phil in Promised Neverland had to fight alien musclemen to save the world.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Better than being fueld by baby tears.

Oh, absolutely. For one it's completely believable, Caulifla owns, of course kale wants her all to herself.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kale's alright, but Caulifla owns and I hope she gets past Super Saiyan 2 before the tournament's up. I also loving love that all the reasons R/Dragong Ball dorks are going to hate her are the exact same reasons Goku was having a loving blast fighting her. Seriously, I love how impressed he is with how easily she transforms. "Wait, wow, you figured out SSJ2 just like that! Oh wow that's rad! Think you can make it to three?"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kale's alright, but Caulifla owns and I hope she gets past Super Saiyan 2 before the tournament's up. I also loving love that all the reasons R/Dragong Ball dorks are going to hate her are the exact same reasons Goku was having a loving blast fighting her. Seriously, I love how impressed he is with how easily she transforms. "Wait, wow, you figured out SSJ2 just like that! Oh wow that's rad! Think you can make it to three?"

The only thing that could make them rage more is when she figures out SSJ4 all by herself before this tournament is over.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

caulifla should just skip 3 because you know she's gonna lose the second she uses it

nobody ever wins in ss3

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spiritus Nox posted:

Again, Caulifla going "THERE'S A THIRD ONE???" was fuckin' dope and I hope she does it before she gets rung out. The whole Trunks fake SSJ2 form thing was cool too. She's the daughter Goku always wanted to have.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I dont' really care about what the net thinks or reddit because whatever but it is so Goku to be excited that he found a potentially interesting opponent. I mean this is the guy who went to Space Adolf Hitler and said man if you weren't so evil you be a kick rear end training partner.

I rather she not get SSJ3 cuz then we know she's gonna job :v:
SSJ3 never wins. Just skip SSJ3. Make a new form like SSJ 2.5 or something haha. Or hell a better version of SSJ3.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Exactly what I was thinking. All of the other top fighters knock each other out, Frieza steps up thinking that the super dragon balls are his, then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Man I hate how SSJ3 looks.