Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shindragon posted:

I rather she not get SSJ3 cuz then we know she's gonna job :v:
SSJ3 never wins. Just skip SSJ3. Make a new form like SSJ 2.5 or something haha. Or hell a better version of SSJ3.

if she does get it, the only vindication is if she immediately realizes it sucks and switches back to 2

wonder what she'll think of gohan's super form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

if she does get it, the only vindication is if she immediately realizes it sucks and switches back to 2

wonder what she'll think of gohan's super form

"wait how did he do that ooh he had to sit down for hours you just have to make your BUTT tingly!"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

khwarezm posted:

Man I hate how SSJ3 looks.

P much, I think SSJ4 is silly but is way better looking than SSJ3. Not to mention, anyone who gets SSJ3, they almost all look the same (no eyebrows etc, one bang etc)

edit: Also, I think you guys probably realized but I didn't see anyone comment it but I like how Goku even confirmed the back tingly feel. He was yeah something like that. HAH

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dias posted:

"wait how did he do that ooh he had to sit down for hours you just have to make your BUTT tingly!"

"Kale! Get over here! I need your help with something!"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kale is loving terrible. Caluflia and Cabba are awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shindragon posted:

P much, I think SSJ4 is silly but is way better looking than SSJ3. Not to mention, anyone who gets SSJ3, they almost all look the same (no eyebrows etc, one bang etc)

this is all true but caulifla in particular would probably look better in ss3 than 4

she's kind of a noodle. swole caulifla was weird

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Counterpoint: Kale is cool and good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

What exactly makes Cabba anything like Vegeta? I mean, even as foil/mirror I don't think any personality traits really stick or match up.

Cabba is literally mirror Vegeta. He's softspoken and polite and basically the opposite of all of Vegeta's traits. His special moves are Gallick Cannon and Big Bang Cannon even.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Kale is good, Universe 3 is turbo hosed and I've decided that Jirens eyes not being solid black is wierd to me.

Also people getting ripped makes me want Roshi to get a fight soon.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I dont' really care about what the net thinks or reddit because whatever but it is so Goku to be excited that he found a potentially interesting opponent. I mean this is the guy who went to Space Adolf Hitler and said man if you weren't so evil you be a kick rear end training partner.

I rather she not get SSJ3 cuz then we know she's gonna job :v:
SSJ3 never wins. Just skip SSJ3. Make a new form like SSJ 2.5 or something haha. Or hell a better version of SSJ3.

Hey now, SSJ3 won (its only fight in super?) against future Trunks!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

Hey now, SSJ3 won (its only fight in super?) against future Trunks!

...well, yeah. It's Future Trunks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Congratulations you have defeated Cool Yamcha

Because let's all be super loving honest

That's Trunks. Trunks is Cool Yamcha.

Only where Yamcha cannot win a fight to save his life, literally, Trunks just has everything lovely ever happen to him forever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That was easily the best episode of this arc

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
SSJ3 isn't a previous villain, how could Trunks beat it

KR_Serenade
Apr 27, 2015

8-Bit Mischief Maker

I'm getting Avengers Flashbacks here.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The real trick to Trunks is that he can only do things that OTHER CHARACTERS CAN ALREADY DO.

Cyber Freeza? Goku could have taken care of him.

Dabura? Gohan or Buu already did that.

Semi Perfect Cell? His dad kicked his rear end all over the place.

The Androids? Again, his dad.

Trunks cannot win his own fight unless it is a fight that some other character could have won at that time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can understand completely why this episode and arc has pissed alot of fans off.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Such a good episode. Krillin wasting that training equipment money :allears:

Have goku and vegeta ever met broly in canon? Why were they surprised by kale becoming a green super saiyan?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

KR_Serenade posted:

Pretty sure it was an intentional shout out since the motions are exactly the same

edit: I youtubed that scene just to make sure, and holy poo poo the quality I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZjnrHR8EA

what a time to be alive :allears:

Billzasilver posted:

Have goku and vegeta ever met broly in canon? Why were they surprised by kale becoming a green super saiyan?

They haven't. Broly is non-canon, which pisses Youtube and r/dbz even more

KR_Serenade
Apr 27, 2015

8-Bit Mischief Maker

lezard_valeth posted:

Pretty sure it was an intentional shout out since the motions are exactly the same

The biggest shame is that he's not SSGSS during that moment. "Puny God Son Goku" indeed.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

quote:

Nope, Broly has never been canon which makes this great. Well they were surprised because the legends were saying that the True SSJ went on a rampage, lo and behold Kale does that.

Also they never seen green. (Pink and Blue so far)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Billzasilver posted:

Such a good episode. Krillin wasting that training equipment money :allears:

Broly is non-canon which means they can also boost Fem-Broly's Ultimate SSJ level to that of Super Saiyan Blue. According to canon lore, it was just pure, unstoppable rage and since U6 Saiyan apparently have never had to be exposed to strong emotions it was reached pretty quickly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it isn't like Broly didn't get absurdly strong absurdly quickly too.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Hahaha that makes it even better

And I really love that the U6 legendary super saiyan can only say goku's earth name.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really need Kale to appear in a game yesterday, just to have an entire stage of her and Broly screaming Goku's name. "KAKAROTTO! SON! GOKUUUUU!".

Have another mission where Kale teams up with Zamasu instead. "SON GOKUUUU"s everywhere.

Also Caulifla is cool and it says something about her that Goku's convinced she can get Super Saiyan 3 in the tournament. He was shocked that Gotenks got it, because it took him years of training while dead (thus having limitless Ki) to get it while they got it in a much shorter amount of time, without ever hitting SS2, and while completely alive. Caulifla got Super Saiyan literally hours ago, Super Saiyan 2 minutes after the first, and is on the fast track to 3. Which I hope she doesn't get, because SS3 is a loser's form, and I can't imagine it wouldn't look weird as poo poo on her.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ImpAtom posted:

I mean it isn't like Broly didn't get absurdly strong absurdly quickly too.

Yeah but the games and movies never seemed to put Broly above SSJ2 so people Who Really Care About Power Levels filed LSSJ at exactly .3563769 as strong as SSB.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kale being similar to Gohan is on purpose, so I don't understand why this is an argument. And Caulifla is U6 Goku, and Cabba is funhouse mirror Vegeta, and Hit is purple Piccolo. Their gods are fat Beerus and fat Shin and girl Whis. Frost is literally blue Frieza. This is Universe 6's theme.

gently caress, I was coming in to point this out.

So, instead, I'm going to go and say that Magetta is a play on how all of their villains were androids for a while and Botamo is meant to be reminiscent of Majin Buu.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I think SSJ3 looks loving awesome

I love it, and wish that it wasn't just jobber mode

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really need Kale to appear in a game yesterday, just to have an entire stage of her and Broly screaming Goku's name. "KAKAROTTO! SON! GOKUUUUU!".

Have another mission where Kale teams up with Zamasu instead. "SON GOKUUUU"s everywhere.

this gif but with kale and broly

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Caulifla is cool and it says something about her that Goku's convinced she can get Super Saiyan 3 in the tournament. He was shocked that Gotenks got it, because it took him years of training while dead (thus having limitless Ki) to get it while they got it in a much shorter amount of time, without ever hitting SS2, and while completely alive. Caulifla got Super Saiyan literally hours ago, Super Saiyan 2 minutes after the first, and is on the fast track to 3. Which I hope she doesn't get, because SS3 is a loser's form, and I can't imagine it wouldn't look weird as poo poo on her.
It kind of implies that U6 is just much more naturally powerful initially but none of them have the stubborness that U7 have. Like, Goku could have easily over-powered Hit but was so dumb/stubborn and wanted a better fight he would intentionally let him keep powering up so he could overcome it. Same with the SSJ trio, they're all naturally stronger than regular Saiyans in U7 but not nearly as stubborn.

It's even paralleled in Frost/Frieza where Frost is pretty strong but just takes shortcuts because he doesn't really care while Freiza is lazy but extremely stubborn.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

caulifla should just skip 3 because you know she's gonna lose the second she uses it

nobody ever wins in ss3
Clearly this is Goku's master plan at work, beat your enemies by making them too strong for their own good.

KR_Serenade posted:

Also wow animation smear Goku looks great there.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Manatee Cannon posted:

this gif but with kale and broly

YOU SON GOKU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shindragon posted:

edit: Also, I think you guys probably realized but I didn't see anyone comment it but I like how Goku even confirmed the back tingly feel. He was yeah something like that. HAH

What if they show Caulifila looking slightly different when she goes SSJ3 to imply that it doesn't look 100% the same with everyone?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Everything about that episode was great. Especially Good Teammate Hit.

Judging from the preview, next episode Kaulifa sacrifices herself to protect Kale. Hopefully then she learns to control herself a little and manages to do something useful.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aw, no one recognized Kale's form as Broly, which means Broly is now confirmed non-canon. I mean, that was probably going to be the case but there was a bit of hope for us Broly Heads until now. At least he is now stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There was absolutely no way in hell Broly would be acknowledged as canon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Oh, also, looks like they have officially named Kale's transformation "Super Sayian Berserker."

Sindai posted:

Everything about that episode was great. Especially Good Teammate Hit.

Judging from the preview, next episode Kaulifa sacrifices herself to protect Kale. Hopefully then she learns to control herself a little and manages to do something useful.

Funny you should say that as it looks like they're planning on having Kale gain control of her power and obtain a new form. Presumably, it'd have all the power SSJBK (SSJBE? How do you do an acronym for this considering Super Sayian Blue has the same one!) but without the loss of control.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My friends Kale and Caulifla are going to win the Tournament of Power and then travel to an alternate timeline and kill Broly while barely exuding any effort, because he is much weaker than them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

Oh, also, looks like they have officially named Kale's transformation "Super Sayian Berserker."

No, that's only how the DB wiki decided to call it because accepting it's the Legendary Super Saiyan form was too much for those weirdoes. They aren't exactly lying about them making the name up either, the article itself has "[unofficial title]" written under its name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, that's only how the DB wiki decided to call it because accepting it's the Legendary Super Saiyan form was too much for those weirdoes. They aren't exactly lying about them making the name up either, the article itself has "[unofficial title]" written under its name.

Oh, I didn't catch that since I just saw it on Kale's page. So, are they ignoring Vegeta saying "this is a Sayian's true form" then?