Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Oh, also, looks like they have officially named Kale's transformation "Super Sayian Berserker."

Funny you should say that as it looks like they're planning on having Kale gain control of her power and obtain a new form. Presumably, it'd have all the power SSJBK (SSJBE? How do you do an acronym for this considering Super Sayian Blue has the same one!) but without the loss of control.

Nah my bet is that she won't lose control in this form but will be nowhere as strong as her berserker form. Kinda like the Kaiser transformation in the Breath of Fire series.

Otherwise there is no drawback to the Berserker form if she then gets a new form that has the same strength and she doesn't go ape poo poo.

Alternatively they can go the SF's Ryu route in which calming down and becoming one with the universe or sth unleashes her ultimate form that is even stronger than Berserker. But who knows :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah my bet is that she won't lose control in this form but will be nowhere as strong as her berserker form. Kinda like the Kaiser transformation in the Breath of Fire series.

Otherwise there is no drawback to the Berserker form if she then gets a new form that has the same strength and she doesn't go ape poo poo.

I mean, that's basically super sayian 2 vs those weird in-between forms. There is literally no reason to ever bulk up your muscles with your super sayian power if you can go SSJ2. So, it's not outside the series to say "you learned to control your power so now you get a better form with all the benefits and none of those old, pesky drawbacks."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Covok posted:

Oh, I didn't catch that since I just saw it on Kale's page. So, are they ignoring Vegeta saying "this is a Sayian's true form" then?
Who are you gonna believe about Saiyan poo poo, some short-stack with a receding hairline or r/dbz

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Universe 6 sucks. Anyway I want to see Freeza fight some pride troopers. Also want to see him kill Frost.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am extremely hype for my boy Cabba's continuing second banana adventures but I worry that if he is mirror Vegeta he will be extremely single.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Frieza is off somewhere probably torturing a universe 3 robot if the damage Hit did to that one guy was any indication about their durability. He likes playing with his food.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
A missed joke opportunity this episode was actually showing Reptile Pride Trooper being tossed off.

When Kale grabbed him and then the scene switched to Zen'o tapping on his icon I thought it was gonna be a joke like "yeah, he is so hosed, let's count him as ringed out already".

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Barudak posted:

I am extremely hype for my boy Cabba's continuing second banana adventures but I worry that if he is mirror Vegeta he will be extremely single.

good, keep him that way. Don't put him within a mile of hooking up with the super saiyan gal pals.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I mean, Kale and Caulifa are in some kind of romantic relationship, right? Or atleast have feelings eluding to such, right? Like, maybe I'm reading into that, but they do seem close, no?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's implied kale is way into caulifla but anything more than that is wishful thinking at this point

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Covok posted:

So, are they ignoring Vegeta saying "this is a Sayian's true form" then?

I dunno about anything else, but the translation I read (crunchy's) said "That might be the Saiyan's true form" which I would assume means Kale's specific true form, not the true form of all Saiyan.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, it's subtext and only ever gonna be subtext. But it'd be unfortunate if they abandoned even that to push either of them with Cabba.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

lezard_valeth posted:

When Kale grabbed him and then the scene switched to Zen'o tapping on his icon I thought it was gonna be a joke like "yeah, he is so hosed, let's count him as ringed out already".

I legit thought she punched him inside out and was wondering why she didn't get disqualified.

Universe 10 is definitely on its way out next. They're down to 5 or 6 fighters and every single one of them have jobbed out.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's implied kale is way into caulifla but anything more than that is wishful thinking at this point

I mean, Caulifla is pretty protective of Kale and has a lot of pride in her as her protege. Not to mention Kale freaking out when she thought Caulifla and Cabba were flirting. While it took Cabba to notice, Caulifla seemed to realize where Kale was taking it when she talked Kale down.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

I mean, Caulifla is pretty protective of Kale and has a lot of pride in her as her protege. Not to mention Kale freaking out when she thought Caulifla and Cabba were flirting. While it took Cabba to notice, Caulifla seemed to realize where Kale was taking it when she talked Kale down.

well yea she's proud of her protege. you explained that one right away. and kale was really upset but caulifla talking her down doesn't mean she's actually into kale. it's all subtext and doesn't mean anything until they get explicit

I totally get why people would be sure that's the way it's gonna go but it's not there yet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Covok posted:

I mean, Kale and Caulifa are in some kind of romantic relationship, right? Or atleast have feelings eluding to such, right? Like, maybe I'm reading into that, but they do seem close, no?
Kale looks up to Califa and that's it. Let's not go full reddit here

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There's at least some very obvious implications of at least a one-sided romance in their interactions, especially considering the reasons that Kale blew up at Cabba for. To deny that is to be dense as hell. Whether it actually amounts to anything in the show itself, who knows.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I thought all the people speculating about their relationship was bad but this is worse

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RealFoxy posted:

Kale is super gay for Caulifa tho.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At the moment yeah, it's super one sided.

The Gohan Goku parallels continue directly to that, to poor Kale's detriment. She's treated more like a kid than an equal

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the joke is kale is extremely gay for caulifa but caluifa is too dense to notice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Haven't you goons ever met people outside because having a friend that is jealous you spend more time with someone else is pretty common without gay subtext

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haha yeah wanting gay relationships is definitely goony/reddit/whatever the gently caress

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

well yea she's proud of her protege. you explained that one right away. and kale was really upset but caulifla talking her down doesn't mean she's actually into kale. it's all subtext and doesn't mean anything until they get explicit

I totally get why people would be sure that's the way it's gonna go but it's not there yet

I hope it doesn't turn out to be subtext the whole time, but we'll see. I can definitely get, though, why people making Goku/Gohan parallels find this discussion off, but I also don't personally see Kale as alt-u Gohan.

RealFoxy posted:

Haven't you goons ever met people outside because having a friend that is jealous you spend more time with someone else is pretty common without gay subtext

Of course. However, Caulifia's exact words were "what? you'd think I'd fall for a guy like that?" to try to calm Kale down. It's pretty explicit why Kale is mad that Caulifia and Cabba were "flirting," from Kale's certain point of view.

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 23, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

"I wouldn't fall for someone like Cabba" is pretty explicit, dude.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

we're not talking about people, we're talking about fictional characters that are written broadly and a character trait like 'becomes real mad and jealous if they don't get attention from one specific person' almost always connects to romantic love in the audience's minds

she gay

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm not even particularly interested in romantic subplots in dragon ball but lol if your response to people talking about relationships is "ugh...Goons again!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
RealFoxy, yah, they are just gals being pals, you're completely right. Just a weirdly jealous blushing berserk gal being a pal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Aurora posted:

I'm not even particularly interested in romantic subplots in dragon ball but lol if your response to people talking about relationships is "ugh...Goons again!"
Where I'm from girls getting jealous their best friend is talking to someone else besides them is pretty common though

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm glad that you are the sole arbiter of determining whether girls can or can not be into other girls

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RealFoxy posted:

Where I'm from girls getting jealous their best friend is talking to someone else besides them is pretty common though

Do they also want to gently caress them? Like Kale does

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Is "Sis" some weird pet name then or some weird honorific.

I was in board with Kale having romantic feelings until she started calling her "Sis" which I'm pretty sure she used the word for sister.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 23, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In Japan, girls refer to other girls who are either older or they look up to in such a manner, it doesn't necessary imply actual relation or a familial relationship, or that Kale sees her as an honorary relative.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kazy posted:

I was in board with Kale having romantic feelings until she started calling her "Sis" which I'm pretty sure she used the word for sister.

In Japan its apparently a normal informal address for close friends, especially in gang culture for superiors.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kazy posted:

I took it as how some people say "brah" and "bro" over here. Yes, I know only douchebags say that here, but still.

RealFoxy posted:

Do they often calm the other person down by saying they're not falling for/dating that person? I mean, I get people getting jealous friends are hanging out with someone else more than you. It happens to everyone, especially in High School, but, usually, you say "I know I'm dating X or like hanging out with X, but that doesn't mean I don't also have time for you" or some poo poo like that. You don't say "what? I'm not falling in love with them!" as a way of calming them down if it's just jealously over hanging out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"that nerd isn't good enough for you" is a pretty fair response to cabba imo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kazy posted:

should've translated it as kale calling her 'boss' imo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caulifa is Lady Goku and thus is incapable of really understanding any relationship that isn't friendship or punchmans. Kale is gay as hell for Caulifla. It's not really complex.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Why has no one mentioned the closeup shot of Caulifa boobs bulking up in her transformation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Caulifa is Lady Goku and thus is incapable of really understanding any relationship that isn't friendship or punchmans. Kale is gay as hell for Caulifla. It's not really complex.

I dunno, reassuring Kale that she'd never hook up with Cabba and that Kale doesn't have to worry shows at least moderate more awareness.