Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kild posted:

he teleported back on the stage but it wasn't really emphasized.
Makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

.......................I REALLY want to see if they bust out something crazy for Gohan in this. And I know that by stating such, I have officially set myself up for colossal disappointment.

he and goku are focused on in the ending. I'd be kinda surprised if he didn't have some big moment coming up. honestly I expect him to outlast everyone except maybe goku

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Poor Krillin. Even 18 was making GBS threads on him after he got knocked out.

Justin_Brett posted:

The only thing I didn't like was Nigrisshi getting tossed out like he was fodder after getting a whole scene to himself. Even if he's weaker than Vegeta I expected him to fight someone else, or at least throw a punch. I guess he was a red herring, but he didn't do anything to be that.

The scene with Nigrisshi was just to introduce Universe 3. Since they already went over the robots' lame survival tactics it would have been boring to play it straight during the tournament of power. So we just skipped directly to the "Martial Artist's Superior Tactics Trounce Nerd's poo poo" portion.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Gero built machines way better than anything from the robot universe in a cave in the middle of nowhere.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Dr. Gero built machines way better than anything from the robot universe in a cave in the middle of nowhere.

That's just because he stole all his designs from Dr.Slump.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rhonne posted:

He also built that fat clown thing, so it all evens out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Could Krillin have beaten Gero and/or the fat clown? What about Tien?

Where do those androids from the one movie in the arctic fit into the hierarchy?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My thoughts on this episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0crR7cPZU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The scene with Nigrisshi was just to introduce Universe 3. Since they already went over the robots' lame survival tactics it would have been boring to play it straight during the tournament of power. So we just skipped directly to the "Martial Artist's Superior Tactics Trounce Nerd's poo poo" portion.

I love how U3's nerd poo poo amounts to an amalgamation of "you can't defeat an enemy that does that!" bullshit tactics that collapse the moment they're placed on a real arena against real, seasoned opponents.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
U3 is that kid on the playground who thought the windmill arm spinning tactic was foolproof.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Poor Krillin. Even 18 was making GBS threads on him after he got knocked out.

I got sad because 18 would have gotten knocked out almost immediately last episode without Krillin to save her so I was hoping that she'd yell at 17 to shut up and focus on his own fight instead of talking poo poo alongside him. :smith:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Latin nerd legend Adrian Barba did a thing again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80flKplgwMo

Just wanna say the thing he did is good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

YF-23 posted:

I love how U3's nerd poo poo amounts to an amalgamation of "you can't defeat an enemy that does that!" bullshit tactics that collapse the moment they're placed on a real arena against real, seasoned opponents.
I didn't really think about this until just now, you're right. That's pretty amazing.

Kale is amazing and gay. Caulifla is amazing and looks weird all buffed up. Cabba has the seed of a good character somewhere inside him, but right now is still pretty milquetoast. Hit is always amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

U3 Kai seems to have built his God of Destruction so I don't know why he didn't just make some more of those.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
For real, though, when's my Universe 6 spinoff going live?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

YF-23 posted:

None of the other universe can compete on the level of 6,7 and 11. Most of them probably haven't even seen something on the level of King Piccolo. They were always going to fail to the actual stars of this chapter and its just sad.

Also whether or not Kale is gay for that Cailiflua or not, I want that poor girl to get out of her emotional damage and fight for herself too like her Big Sis probably wants. Right now all she probably views her Berserker power as is something that her boss would find useful, but she's hopefully more than that.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Whole lot of people on the internet making excuses for Goku for why he got his rear end beat. I'm particularly partial to "he wasn't really trying."

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

"gokus not owned! gokus not owned!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Junpei Hyde posted:

"gokus not owned! gokus not owned!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a senzu bean

Small adjustment for thematic purposes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They really, REALLY do not want to admit that she's the legendary SSJ over on the wiki

It's kind of sad how often "it's pretty identical to Broly BUT IT'S NOT" comes up

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
To be fair, the insistence on their differences helps us distance Kale from the bad character she was based on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

shes better than a Legendary Super Saiyan, she is the True Form Saiyan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

They really, REALLY do not want to admit that she's the legendary SSJ over on the wiki

It's kind of sad how often "it's pretty identical to Broly BUT IT'S NOT" comes up
They're the kind of people who diligently maintain the Dragonball Wiki, including a very thorough summary of every single episode. Are you really surprised at the level of grog?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Goku needs to divorce chichi to marry lady Goku and then someone needs to make a show based on that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The Gohans can be neglected and make nervous expositions about how strong the people the Gokus fight are.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

drilldo squirt posted:

Goku needs to divorce chichi to marry lady Goku and then someone needs to make a show based on that.

"ChiChi, if you want me to stay on earth, we gotta have a threesome with my new lady friend, Caulifla."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Crabtree posted:

"ChiChi, if you want me to stay on earth, we gotta have a threesome with my new lady friend, Caulifla."

"Also, put on this blonde, spiky wig."

Skinty McEdger posted:

Whole lot of people on the internet making excuses for Goku for why he got his rear end beat. I'm particularly partial to "he wasn't really trying."

Burkion posted:

I wonder if, since the Manga is basically the Goku show, it will weaken Kale's moment of glory so Goku fans can get a hardon. Almost instantly, the manga will become "true Dragonball" to all these fans and proof that "Girls are icky and bad at fights and my fat, shut-in rear end can win in a battle against any girl and excuse me while I take my ashtma medicine then pound down four triple baconators with bacon fries and a 167 oz coke."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Uhh.. Caulifla is very likely a teenager, fellas. She even calls Goku an "old man." Let's not be weird.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
she can marry the lame goku, goten

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Goku is like 40 which is loving ancient in shonen years

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku with a beard

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'm really hoping Kale mastering her power makes her more confident because as much as I like Kale, I really loving hate that stuttering, simpering personality that tends to show up in anime.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Kale and Caulifia both grow as people and as warriors: Kale masters the Legendary Super Sayian State and surpasses Broly. Caulifia achieves Super Sayian Blue.

Then, they are both erased from existence.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, c'mon, Goku's pals with Zen-Oh and it's been implied for a while now that the chief angel is Not A Good Guy, if there isn't some "deleting the universes serves the angels' secret plan so we have to un-delete them", I will eat a hat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

Kale and Caulifia both grow as people and as warriors: Kale masters the Legendary Super Sayian State and surpasses Broly. Caulifia achieves Super Sayian Blue.

Then, they are both erased from existence.

It'd be consistent with the lessons learned until now.

No amount of effort, no amount of growth, matters in the face of awful deities.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Fun A+ episode, hope Cauli feels like a piece of poo poo and equally hope Kale grows the gently caress up in a hurry

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, c'mon, Goku's pals with Zen-Oh and it's been implied for a while now that the chief angel is Not A Good Guy, if there isn't some "deleting the universes serves the angels' secret plan so we have to un-delete them", I will eat a hat.

$10 says that someone wishes the universes back, Zen-chans go "ok cool we're fine with that this was so fun" and then the Grand Angel loses his loving mind, cue Angel Saga

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm really hoping Kale mastering her power makes her more confident because as much as I like Kale, I really loving hate that stuttering, simpering personality that tends to show up in anime.

Yeah, between Kale's super anxious behavior, Cabba taking on the role of student and insisting on Vegeta being his master/senpai, and all three of the U6 Saiyajins being rail-thin and fairly small, that's why I'd guess they're between 16-19 years old. With the exception being Kale in her Berserker form.

I mean, the Saiyajin race doesn't age anything like humans, so who knows. Vegeta and Goku are apparently "old men" but look like they're in their prime physical condition, and the same could be said for Future Trunks, who was, what? About thirty years old?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jedah posted:

I mean, the Saiyajin race doesn't age anything like humans, so who knows. Vegeta and Goku are apparently "old men" but look like they're in their prime physical condition, and the same could be said for Future Trunks, who was, what? About thirty years old?

Andrast posted:

Goku is like 40 which is loving ancient in shonen years

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Caulifla is the child Goku always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goku is 43/44 years old right now, since he was born in 736 (Jaco retcon) or 737 (original date).

By shonen standards, he's really old.