Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
When it showed that big crowd shot as she transformed Frieza didn't seem like he was concerned at all (if they were even supposed to be reacting to her anyway, nobody was really panicking), and he's still equal or above SSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think that Zeno Sama is a bad character.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zeno is a good character, if only because he puts so much fear into everyone else around him

My favorite character right now is definitely Caulifla, I hope she gets good fights and masters all the Super Saiyan forms despite only turning SSJ like, six hours ago

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Blue Star posted:

There are way too many drat purple characters. Hit should be some color other than purple.

If he was green people would realize he was just recolored Piccolo.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jiren has the Frieza ear holes, true antagonist just like Hit and Cell and Buu

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Recently I learned that the Pride Troopers are all named after kitchen appliances.

Jiren = "Renji" (stove)
Dyspo = (garbage) "Disposal"
Toppo = "Pot"
Kahseral = "Casserole" (dish)
Cocotte = "Cocotte" (AKA Dutch Oven)

Obviously, this means that Freeza is going to join the Pride Troopers at the end of this arc. Can't have a kitchen without a fridge!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Justin_Brett posted:

When it showed that big crowd shot as she transformed Frieza didn't seem like he was concerned at all (if they were even supposed to be reacting to her anyway, nobody was really panicking), and he's still equal or above SSB.

Freeza: :smugbert:

Toppo: :wal:

17: :catstare:

Cocotte: :mad:

Dyspo: :raise:

Murichim: :aaa:

Jiren: :mediocre:

Caulifla: :thurman:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Endorph posted:

i havent watched super in months but as a lesbian it is my expert, irrefutable opinion that that one girl is gay as gently caress

:same:

The cherry on top is seeing the Powerlevel fanatics go apeshit over the gay monkeys.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dragon Ball Super owns and is the second best sequel to a classic 90's show on television right now that makes people real mad.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 24, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

I like how in every reaction video everyone goes apeshit crazy with glee when Kale owns Goku and then go "loving Goku!" when he crashes the potential Hit vs Jiren fight.

Makes me happy to see so many people on board of the "Not Goku's Show"

...but then you have so many other's butthurt people whining over Kale overpowering SSB's Kamehameha, and it's those idiots that generally end up getting listened to by Toei or Toyotaro.

you have to understand that the english dragonball fandom and japanese dragonball fandom could not possibly be more different and Toei only cares about one of them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Dragon Ball Super owns and is the second best sequel to a classic 90's show on television right now that makes people real mad.

what's in first

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's in first
Twin Peaks.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'd like to see the Spirit Bomb job one last time, however unlikely that is. Like a multigalaxy one to one up the previous one from GT except Zeno or someone just pops it.

Aurora posted:

We've never seen the Legendary Super Saiyan lose to anything other than the Sun

And weird bullshit ki punches I guess?
I never realized the Sun had a kill score of 2. Well maybe Cooler doesn't really count.
Honestly I kinda remember these movies pretty poorly. Did the aforementioned punch launch Broly into space or did it really bloodily mess up his chest long enough for the planet they're on to explode? Cause I remember blood at least.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Covok posted:

Perhaps. I mean, can we un-erase a universe? Is that a thing? Like, Universe 9 was wiped out.

You know, while most of them sucked, I did kind of Bergamo.

We've seen that Whis has a pocket universe inside his staff that he can arbitrarily send people to like when he sent Goku and Vegeta to train, so it's entirely possible that instead of deleting everyone from U9 the Grand Priest just kind of shuffled them off somewhere for the time being while having all of the angels smug out and look super evil and self-satisfied to encourage everyone remaining to fight even harder for Zeno's amusement because HOLY poo poo THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUS. If everyone knew that they and everyone they knew or loved would survive the ordeal, win or lose, they might not put their all into it; hell, the U9 people called their own universe a trash dump so they probably would have jobbed on purpose! Keeping everyone alive would also make sense because it would make sure Zeno has a large supply of fighters to fight it out for his amusement in the future. Also, it would be sort of weird to put an absolute no killing rule in place in a tournament where every team who loses is worse than dead.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If he was green people would realize he was just recolored Piccolo.

I didnt say he had to be green. Maybe he could have been...blue? Orange? Yellow?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
a dark blue would have worked perhaps, but orange would have gone against his character design or something I think.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Every time someone mentions then teleporting universe 9 somewhere I feel the need to mention that Future Trunks no longer has a universe because of Zeno. I don't think they'd show us that he plays for keeps like that, just to have him pretend to do it later.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Momomo posted:

Every time someone mentions then teleporting universe 9 somewhere I feel the need to mention that Future Trunks no longer has a universe because of Zeno. I don't think they'd show us that he plays for keeps like that, just to have him pretend to do it later.

Future Trunks's universe was a hosed, dying wasteland with pretty much no one actually left alive and no hope or future. It was also infested at its most elemental level by an insane genocidal manchild god, who was so powerful that he was beginning to bleed over into other timelines and realities to gently caress them up too; remember that the U7 folks in the present day started seeing crazy laughing Zamasu faces.

It's a little different.

Caros
May 14, 2008

HGH posted:

I'd like to see the Spirit Bomb job one last time, however unlikely that is. Like a multigalaxy one to one up the previous one from GT except Zeno or someone just pops it.

I never realized the Sun had a kill score of 2. Well maybe Cooler doesn't really count.
Honestly I kinda remember these movies pretty poorly. Did the aforementioned punch launch Broly into space or did it really bloodily mess up his chest long enough for the planet they're on to explode? Cause I remember blood at least.

He punched him in the stab wound King Vegeta gave him, which wounded him severely enough that Goku and co could get off planet before a meteor took it out.

Somehow Broly fell into a pod and ended up on earth.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
You kind of hit that problem with erasure that comes up with cloning or Star Trek teleporting or anything else that obliterates a person. If you use the Dragon balls to recreate the erased universes, is it really even them? Or is it just like it sounds, a recreation? All the people that were erased will still be erased and you'd just have Dragon created copies of them after that. It's not like the Dragon Ball afterlife where you're basically going to and from your body. Erased is erased, and anything you do to try and fix that is just a new existence. Which would never be brought up if that is how this is remedied, because it's not that kind of show. I'm hoping this is all just a ruse.

Actually, there might be another way to undo it. Grand Priest is no doubt more powerful than any of the angels so he might have an even better time rewind. If he can go back as far as 45 minutes and it works anything like Whis', it would undo the damage and keep everyone's memories of the events.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 24, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
You guys saw the new manga chapter, right?

Dragon Ball Super 26

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

uhhhhh that future-Pilaf tease thing didn't seem like it was just a joke. Is that our first peek at something beyond the universe survival arc?

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Hah, they took away Trunks' healing powers as quick as they gave them to him.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It might be a hint that Pilaff is going to do something later, or she was just talking about how he got killed in her Future.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Covok posted:

I think that Zeno Sama is a bad character.

Jesus man stfu, you gonna get us all erased???

e: mods!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Burkion posted:

It might be a hint that Pilaff is going to do something later, or she was just talking about how he got killed in her Future.

it seemed like something more than "you died", like she was hinting that he becomes something or does something important

you dont have stuff like that teased without it being a big deal, i think

i bet he finally becomes emperor of earth

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

And his first evil act is wishing Goku back into a kid and-

You know, that wish always bothered me. It's not like Pilaf could deal with kid Goku either, so it was a wish that wouldn't have helped him at all anyway.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Momomo posted:

You know, that wish always bothered me. It's not like Pilaf could deal with kid Goku either, so it was a wish that wouldn't have helped him at all anyway.

It's because Pilaf never had the guts to kill somebody. I bet even his stupid pinball dungeon had safeties built in.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

it seemed like something more than "you died", like she was hinting that he becomes something or does something important

you dont have stuff like that teased without it being a big deal, i think

i bet he finally becomes emperor of earth

Ironically now that he is corrupted by Goku and friendship, I doubt anyone would care if he did. He'd probably end up being good.

Then for laughs he finds out being emperor sucks and quits.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Momomo posted:

Come to think of it, has Pilaf ever been anything resembling a threat even in the original Dragon Ball? As far as I can remember he's always been kind of a joke villain.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't know how whatever Pilaf does in Trunks' timeline could possibly still happen in the current timeline

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has Pilaf ever been anything resembling a threat even in the original Dragon Ball? As far as I can remember he's always been kind of a joke villain.

He found King Piccolo so that was kind of a bad thing for him to do even if it wasn't on purpose

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Immortan Pilaf, warlord of the Diablo Desert.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

He found King Piccolo so that was kind of a bad thing for him to do even if it wasn't on purpose

True. Actually, for that matter did Pilaf show up in DBZ at all? He's appeared in every other season at least.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Momomo posted:

Him wishing Goku back into a kid was an accident, though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

He didn't make that wish intentionally, he was just saying that he wanted to give Goku a good old spanking.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's kinda amazing to which degree Toyotaro needs to dump on Vegeta. Having him paralyzed with fear and having Shin of all people save his bacon is just sad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

He didn't make that wish intentionally, he was just saying that he wanted to give Goku a good old spanking.

Yeah I know, it just struck me as strange he thought that at all. Do you guys think maybe Pilaf is a little... lacking in his quest for world conquest?

As far as the future holds, it seems like the three of them are fine just helping Bulma around the house with stuff. It's kind of a cute end for them since they have all the food they could ever want.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Larryb posted:

When Pilaf has everyone trapped in the cage with the glass ceiling they only break out because Goku sees the moon and transforms. That's kind of threatening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Pilaf turns out to be a forgotten son of the High Priest, but never realized his truly god-like power because he never got his hands dirty.