Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's voice lines, his actual voice is just evil Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's still not Goku though. Was Ginyu in Goku's body evil Goku?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think ginyoku had ginyu's va in english. no clue what they did in japanese

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

His Japanese voice is literally just Goku's va but using a lower pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fQtJR1R1M

Him being Zamasu doesn't change the voice of the body.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

His Japanese voice is literally just Goku but slightly lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fQtJR1R1M

Him being Zamasu doesn't change the voice of the body.

Goku Black doesn't talk like "Evil Goku"

Evil Goku would sound like, basically, the first voice they did in Xenvoerse 2. The gravely growl voice.

Goku Black talks like a smarmy prep fuckoff, which they nail with SSJRose

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You guys keep confusing words with sound. Goku Black Dubs voice should be just Goku's va is what i'm saying. Why would he suddenly turn British?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RBX posted:

You guys keep confusing words with sound. Goku Black Dubs voice should be just Goku's va is what i'm saying. Why would he suddenly turn British?

If Zamasu pronounced words with an English accent, that wouldn't suddenly change because he has Goku's vocal cords. Tone/timbre would sound like Goku but actual speech patterns should be the same as Zamasu.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Gonna try and do a little Parallels playtest tonight at 11pm local time (6pm Eastern for Americans). Nothing major, just putting together characters and a short adventure. It'll be on the Traditional Games discord server so be there if you wanna take part or listen in.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

RBX posted:

It is his va, his voice is literally just British Goku when he's rose.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

RBX posted:

That's voice lines, his actual voice is just evil Goku.

There's more to the sound than just "evil Goku". Going for "smug rear end in a top hat god" would be closer to it. And that would still not be quite descriptive enough of what they did in Japanese. Aside from being a smug rear end in a top hat God Zamasu was also an idealist that spoke to mortals with contempt moreso than malice or angry hatred in his voice. There is nuance to it that is not entirely captured by "evil Goku".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RBX posted:

Yeah it's weird that Sean Schemmel suddenly becomes a British citizen when he voices goku black, doesn't he know he can only ever sound american

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We'll just have to wait til the actual dub comes out. I'd just prefer something more than generic fake British voice or growly angry voice.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Goku Black has a PHD in dueling.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In the dub he will speak exclusively in Ebonics

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Accents and mannerisms are a mental thing, not a physical thing. zamasu in gokus body would still act and speak like zamasu, just with Goku's body and voice

Black Goku in English is still voiced by Sean Schemmel. It's the same person's voice just acting in a distinctly non-Goku manner, which is how Nozawa handled it. It's just very rough because, again, Bamco gave the voice actors literally no direction or context for their lines

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I wonder how much of it was an ADR going OTT in telling him to sound more subdued.

What adr, the voice actors are just given lines to read in their homes and send it back. That's why all the lines are totally out of synch with the actual game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anyone else think it's weird Champa keeps rooting for U7 to get annihilated? Like I know they're rivals but I feel like Champa wishing for his brother's complete destruction is a bit much

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CharlestonJew posted:

Anyone else think it's weird Champa keeps rooting for U7 to get annihilated? Like I know they're rivals but I feel like Champa wishing for his brother's complete destruction is a bit much

The alternative is his own destruction. And he's an rear end in a top hat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

Whis and Vados found a box of two kittens and decided "hey, you know what'd be funny?" and the rest is history.

Now one doesn't eat enough and the other needs exercise and they are trying so hard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember the first time I saw Dragon Ball it was on syndication on one of my local TV channels. I watched it every week, then they showed the episode where they break out of Pilaf's castle and Goku went back to train with Master Roshi. The next week, out of nowhere they showed the first episode of Dragon Ball Z, and I never saw Dragon Ball on air again. I had to figure out who the hell Krillin and Piccolo were.

After the Radditz saga, I turned it on during the usual time and there was some paid programming on. My mom had to flip through TV Guide to find out they changed the time slot. Halfway through the Namek saga they stopped syndication and turned it over to Cartoon Network, which my local cable provider didn't have :smith: thankfully like a year later we switched to DirecTV.

Nowadays I'm streaming it the same day it comes out in Japan, and if I want to watch old DBZ episodes I can get a funimation account. I still wish one of the streaming services would get DBZ Kai though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Whis and Vados found a box of two kittens and decided "hey, you know what'd be funny?" and the rest is history.

canon

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dragon ball is a surprisingly good metric for when you want to measure how insane our access to content and on demand entertainment has become, compared to the prior 20 years we grew up in

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
It's a good show!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Black August posted:

dragon ball is a surprisingly good metric for when you want to measure how insane our access to content and on demand entertainment has become, compared to the prior 20 years we grew up in

Anime in general is loving wild right now. We get simulcast subtitles of like very popular show the same day they air in Japan. loving funi is doing simul-dubs of My Hero Academia.

The future sucks, but at least the anime flows freely.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Anime in general is loving wild right now. We get simulcast subtitles of like very popular show the same day they air in Japan. loving funi is doing simul-dubs of My Hero Academia.

One of the few nice things about the cyberpunk dystopia we live in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

well they were but I think there was a break on the dub and now the subs are like 2 episodes ahead

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This is cute until you think about the body toll Beerus has accumulated. I don't think we've seen Champa kill anyone, but I can't imagine he's much different than Beerus!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

seiferguy posted:

This is cute until you think about the body toll Beerus has accumulated. I don't think we've seen Champa kill anyone, but I can't imagine he's much different than Beerus!
Well the difference, as someone pointed out a while back, is that Champa has never found food he didn't like

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

seiferguy posted:

Those were necessary for the good of the universe!

Supposedly!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

seiferguy posted:

Well probably not though considering the fact that universe 6 is apparently way higher rated than 7.

He must be doing something right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RBX posted:

smh if you don't have an evil British voice

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

khwarezm posted:

Well probably not though considering the fact that universe 6 is apparently way higher rated than 7.

It isn't. U6 is literally one position above U7. It's the third-worst universe.

Having good Saiyans and a Freeza that at least tries to look good to the rest of the universe despite still being a monster probably helped a lot.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Schemmel should just voice black with his ssj3/4 voice but use fancy words.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

khwarezm posted:

Was it supposed to be way higher? I just assumed it was right above universe 7.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

People are surprised that in an arc that's going to feature a new powerup, the old powerup is shown as obsolete.

But Super Saiyan Blue has always been obsolete.

Stairmaster posted:

Schemmel should just voice black with his ssj3/4 voice but use fancy words.

I thought this was the direction he was going to go with it, to be honest.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Momomo posted:

Was it supposed to be way higher? I just assumed it was right above universe 7.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It isn't. U6 is literally one position above U7. It's the third-worst universe.

Having good Saiyans and a Freeza that at least tries to look good to the rest of the universe despite still being a monster probably helped a lot.

I thought they mentioned that on the universal goodness scale or whatever Universe 6 scored like twice as high as 7?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Just doing his job, homie, just doing his job.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

seiferguy posted:

He threatened to murder his team.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Obviously he wants to have a win against Beerus because its 2-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Covok posted:

The alternative is his own destruction. And he's an rear end in a top hat.

I do wonder how Beerus will react when Champa is erased. Probably like an rear end in a top hat.