Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was pretty impressed with Toga because I'm pretty sure that's the first time we've actually seen someone outmaneuver Eraserhead 1 V 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I was pretty impressed with Toga because I'm pretty sure that's the first time we've actually seen someone outmaneuver Eraserhead 1 V 1.

She's one of those people with quirks that can't do direct damage like him, so it's no wonder she's had to learn to fight like a normal just like he has.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm curious how she got good enough to do that since she's not in hero school or whatever, she's just a high school drop out that stabs people in alleys.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Slime posted:

She's one of those people with quirks that can't do direct damage like him, so it's no wonder she's had to learn to fight like a normal just like he has.

Yeah for sure!

Radish posted:

I'm curious how she got good enough to do that since she's not in hero school or whatever, she's just a high school drop out that stabs people in alleys.

I'm really curious where she learned all her hiding skills considering it's not her Quirk.

On a reread the very first panel she's shown in she's licking blood off a knife in a nice bit of foreshadowing. She's also similar to Stain in that she imbibes blood for her Quirk to work.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Radish posted:

Most of those people would have had superpowers, that would be pretty good practice.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Radish posted:

Practice makes perfect. Don't look down on autodidacts!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Is it still against the rules if you're doxxing yourself?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ah, the ol' "War is like a chess game" trope.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

I'm really curious where she learned all her hiding skills considering it's not her Quirk.

Probably from hiding and running from the police and heroes, which she appears to have got quite good at considering they never caught her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably from hiding and running from the police and heroes, which she appears to have got quite good at considering they never caught her.

Sure but it feels like there's more to them than just being slippery or smart about it. I definitely feel like she has someone who taught her all this kind of thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah there's hiding from authorities and then there's going toe to toe with a high level pro hero that focuses on martial arts.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Radish posted:

In a world where almost everyone has super powers, you'd have to get real good at fighting to stab people in alleys.

Twice is really getting into his role, huh :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope they don't get caught here. They're too useful and fun to be wasted on a scheme like this

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Fabricated posted:

I hope they don't get caught here. They're too useful and fun to be wasted on a scheme like this

I was going to say that they could both be Twice clones, but 1) I'm pretty sure Twice has a 'never again' policy on cloning himself, and 2) The math doesn't actually work out--Toga *has* to be physically present, you can't have two Togaclones at once.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Doesn't mean much but I guess this at least confirms that is actually Toga's real form and not a stolen look if someone had that doubt.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the moving walls ability is perfect for letting them escape

I don't think twice would get caught here at all since he'd just go to jail. they built up his character too much to throw him away this early so I figure he's gonna get out of this fine. toga tho, she could get taken in. she's a minor so she wouldn't just go to prison and shonen loves to recruit bad guys. tho on the other hand, she could pretend to lose/leave, take out a hero and replace them

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think what's going on is Toga is shapeshifting, then Twice clones Toga-in-disguise. Repeat with different blood each time, and you could give the appearance of the entire villain alliance being there.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Radish posted:

Yeah there's hiding from authorities and then there's going toe to toe with a high level pro hero that focuses on martial arts.

She's also been with the VA for a little while now so it's possible she's been getting training from more experienced villains. Like, a villain school. Raising up fresh new villains just like the hero schools raise heroes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shigaraki just stated in this chapter that both Toga and Twice are important to his plans.

Manatee Cannon posted:

she's a minor so she wouldn't just go to prison and shonen loves to recruit bad guys.

I think she would go to a facility of some kind. She is a serial killer and this world is kind of realistic with the law.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think if any villain gets some form of redemption, it's going to be Twice; he's probably the only one I could see actually going for it (mmmmaybe Spinner, but we haven't seen much of him). I mean, he'd still go to jail, but I can see him getting a reduced sentence in exchange for being brought out from time to time to clone a hero for some kind of big operation like this one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Toga is probably not being recruited by the good guys before she gets like an actual fight with Uraraka or before she gets to use Deku's blood or before she gets to actually like do anything for the VA. Or probably ever since she is a crazy murderer and is kinda being pushed as one of the central members of the villains. Also as the chapter says the current villain alliance values their members and I think that's probably reciprocated at least from the more outwardly friendly people like Twice or Toga.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I like Toga a lot, actually. Mostly because she looks batshit insane, hurts people she loves and seems to be pretty complex as a character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Toga's cool. In general I like the VA dudes and I want to see more of them interacting and stuff.

It's going to be cool when Overhaul tries to use this internship to teach Shigaraki to treat his team more like disposable pawns and Shigaraki instead kills him and learns the opposite.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think if any villain gets some form of redemption, it's going to be Twice; he's probably the only one I could see actually going for it (mmmmaybe Spinner, but we haven't seen much of him). I mean, he'd still go to jail, but I can see him getting a reduced sentence in exchange for being brought out from time to time to clone a hero for some kind of big operation like this one.
Spinner is such a strict Stain adherent he almost seems destined to either get beaten by Iida, or get killed by Shigaraki or someone else in the VA when it inevitably becomes clear that Shiggy was never advocating Stain's ideals. Spinner threw a knife at Magne to protect Deku because Stain deemed him "worthy"- that poo poo won't fly at some point.

Twice either gets sorta redeemed, or he gets some really insanely sad death scene where he gets mortally wounded and is genuinely happy as he's dying because it means he was real.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Mordaedil posted:

I like Toga a lot, actually. Mostly because she looks batshit insane, hurts people she loves and seems to be pretty complex as a character.

This post makes you seem like a terrible person. (I am not calling you a terrible person or implying it, just saying your choice of words were a bit shocking.)

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I really want Twice's character arc to end with him realizing one of his clones actually escaped the clone massacre and became an entirely separate individual or something. Just really want them to take the existential crisis that come with that quirk up to eleven.

Hopeford fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 28, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Toga is good because she has a great smile! :sun:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I hope Deku gets the hint that Toga was at the license exam and tells someone now that he has seen Toga shape-shift in front of him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So does Toga pick up combat really fast? She couldn't cut Uraraka very deep with a full-on surprise attack and gets subdued with basic CQC. Just now she man-handled Aizawa and punked the B-lister pro.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clearly Uraraka is just better and stronger than these two.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Uraraka had like, an entire week with the pro hero Gunhead, so clearly she's also an expert in CQC now, and thus narrowly losing to her is no great shame for fellow martial arts master Toga.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Isn't the implication Aiwaza and the rest of the group are exhausted from trying to survive fighting the crushing room guy?

Also he may have been surprised she is so quickly capable of getting over her quirk being nulled. I feel like there was a point in the one arc about how a lot of his foes are just so baffled when their quirks stop working they're easy prey.

She, on the other hand, appears to give no fucks about being suddenly naked and powerless.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Spiderdrake posted:

She, on the other hand, appears to give no fucks about being suddenly naked and powerless.
Am I going to have to kinkshame a fictional shapeshifter

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Lock rock's power is trash, how was he selected to join this mission? Also what was his point in the story other than to just be ammo for the transforming girl?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sharktamer posted:

Lock rock's power is trash, how was he selected to join this mission? Also what was his point in the story other than to just be ammo for the transforming girl?

He's kinda been an rear end in a top hat the entire time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

sharktamer posted:

To be the grumpy one who voices his discontent with the plan.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yo don't diss his power. Locking an object in place can be extremely useful for containment, crime prevention, rescues, making barriers, etc. Anything that could use an instant wall, floor or barricade is fair game, dude just needs whatever materials are on hand.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

sharktamer posted:

He can immobilize folks by locking their clothing. Wonder if he's thought of it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Kyte posted:

Yo don't diss his power. Locking an object in place can be extremely useful for containment, crime prevention, rescues, making barriers, etc. Anything that could use an instant wall, floor or barricade is fair game, dude just needs whatever materials are on hand.

I wonder if he can store kinetic energy in locked objects. That's what all the cool kids are doing.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

To be the grumpy one who voices his discontent with the plan.

So far he's just a one-note grump though so I'm glad he's currently unconscious. Now he can't whine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's kind of a silly power since non-living things that you can touch usually aren't moving around that much anyway, but it's also really cool IMO. Being able to freeze weapons would have been useful had he been more of a major character rather than Toga fodder, and I imagine he could bring things with him to freeze too. I just wonder what the limitations are. If you freeze a cloth in air, could you stand on it? It would break normally, would that count as moving? If it wouldn't, would that make it bulletproof? It'd make for a good platforming game power I suppose.