Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I get some of the other Universes being losers, but you'd think some of the ten strongest members of an organization that keeps the peace Universe-wide could pose more of a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/aD8YB8Z.mp4

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This thread is such a privilege sometimes :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
This episode was good and cool. Caulifla and Kale are great together, 17 and 18 are great, and Roshi and Tien defeated Not-Cell.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This just becomes more accurate every episode.

Seriously, does Jiren give a poo poo about anything? The one time he cared enough to do something, he didn't even get a ring out.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'll be running another Dragon Ball Parallels playtest, tonight (Sunday), once again at 11pm local time (6pm Eastern for Americans). We'll be putting together characters and going on a brief adventure for 'bout 2 hours or so. As before, it'll be on the Traditional Games discord server so be there if you wanna take part or listen in.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hahaha, Kale's Ultra Super Brolly power comes from upper thigh tingles.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's funny that the guy implied to be U10's Ace was easily taken out just like the guy implied to be U3's. Counterparts in another way.

Also preview confirmed that the Yardrat teleported back on stage before being ringed out. Meaning U6 and U2 are the only universes that have not lost any fighters.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Episode owned, 18 is ice cold. :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel like the battle between U7 and U2 is going to have the most losses on both sides, and Vegeta may job

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

Episode owned, 18 is ice cold. :allears:

Seriously. 18 is the best.

That and I was hoping for a "I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me!" from Cauli"

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Eh, some fun character stuff in that episode, but compared to last week it felt like they were just spinning their wheels and it was overall sort of boring.

Also, its kind of annoying me the way most of the eliminations have come from U7. Obviously they're the main characters but it wouldn't hurt to have some no-name fighters being thrown out by other universes to show they aren't standing doing nothing when the camera isn't on them, also I think that U7 could do with a cull soon since almost all of the other universes are getting pretty pared down in comparison.

I just hope Ribrianne and her gals kick some actual rear end next week and don't just job after one episode, wouldn't mind her throwing out Vegeta just for the laughs personally.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MY CUTE GAY FRIENDS

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

but yeah the girls kicking U11's collective rear end was excellent, I want a U6 Cauli and Kale spinoff, or at the very least an OVA after the tournament

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

but yeah the girls kicking U11's collective rear end was excellent, I want a U6 Cauli and Kale spinoff, or at the very least an OVA after the tournament

They'll probably come back after they move a shitload of merch

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Also, its kind of annoying me the way most of the eliminations have come from U7. Obviously they're the main characters but it wouldn't hurt to have some no-name fighters being thrown out by other universes to show they aren't standing doing nothing when the camera isn't on them, also I think that U7 could do with a cull soon since almost all of the other universes are getting pretty pared down in comparison.

Yeah there's still a lot of cannon fodder fighters and I'm kinda disappointed there hasn't been more shots of other universes duking it out. The closest we've gotten was Basil knocking out the butterfly girl and a few short scenes of Freeza torturing/eliminating random dudes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lesbians confirmed for going beyond super saiyan and reaching ULTRA SUPER saiyan power, I'm very proud of them

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yo this Vegeta hate will stop RIGHT NOW

It makes sense U7 would be doing as well as it is, everyone knows everybody pretty much, especially the way they split. They also have 5 really strong fighters.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked that episode. It was good.

Only thing I was hoping for was that 17 + 18 would fight together and have more callbacks to how they used to battle in sync with each other.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RBX posted:

It makes sense U7 would be doing as well as it is, everyone knows everybody pretty much, especially the way they split. They also have 5 really strong fighters.

Well, presumably the other universes are meant to be in the same boat, they are entire universes to pull tough, experienced fighters from after all, and clearly some like the Pride Troopers or the Kamikaze Fireballs work specifically as a group.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I liked that episode. It was good.

Only thing I was hoping for was that 17 + 18 would fight together and have more callbacks to how they used to battle in sync with each other.

I mean, there's still time for that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

RBX posted:

Seriously what the gently caress stop hating Vegeta. What the hell he do? Dude's a loving father, you should be loving rooting Goku getting kicked. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like how they're depicting most universes on an even-ish power scale, where there's a couple of outstanding individuals and the others are just real good at doing their single thing/working in tandem with others. The Pride Troopers are strong, but mostly because they work really well together and have Jiren/Toppo to sweep things up, otherwise they still get destroyed by sheer power..

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Well, presumably the other universes are meant to be in the same boat, they are entire universes to pull tough, experienced fighters from after all, and clearly some like the Pride Troopers or the Kamikaze Fireballs work specifically as a group.

Yeah but as we've seen few of them are as strong as even 17 & 18. Vegeta, Frieza, and Goku at full try hard mode are prolly stronger than everybody but Jiren. Unless the next ep shows different.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Caulifla and Kale confirmed for best characters in the show.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also it turns out Saiyans are really weak against getting hugged from behind. Please, Goku, that's twice already.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Dias posted:

Also it turns out Saiyans are really weak against getting hugged from behind. Please, Goku, that's twice already.

Whis grabbed Goku from behind and Goku bit him. Why can't he remember to do that? It might not have worked on Tupper, but it probably would've worked on Nink.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope Gohan sacrifices himself to save Piccolo

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RBX posted:

Yeah but as we've seen few of them are as strong as even 17 & 18. Vegeta, Frieza, and Goku at full try hard mode are prolly stronger than everybody but Jiren. Unless the next ep shows different.

Well that's kind of the issue for me, with the exception of Jiren, Toppo, Kale and Hit the top half of the Universe 7 fighters seem to be way more powerful than everyone else. Its a bit disappointing when they hyped this up tournament about pulling in the strongest fighters from all across the Multiverse, where Goku's universe is considered second from the bottom I might add, but then when it actually happens it looks like someone like Android 18, middle tier for Universe 7, can easily defeat the vast majority of people there. I kind of wish the other Universes were more of threat.

But maybe things will turn soon and Universe 7's comparatively smooth ride will come to an end. Hopefully.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Tupper and the tiny tornado guy are totally gay for each other.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This best thing about this arc is the rapid fire variety of villains They just finished fighting Power Ranger knock-offs and now they're fighting the Sailor Scouts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Covok posted:

This best thing about this arc is the rapid fire variety of villains They just finished fighting Power Ranger knock-offs and now they're fighting the Sailor Scouts.

One day we'll get to the Eva-inspired group and some poo poo is gonna go down.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also, I can't believe Tien did a thing finally.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still like how Goku's reaction to gow strong Caulifla and Kale have gotten so fast is basically "Oh wow you two are prodigies! I can't wait to fight that!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kale is now a better Broly than Broly. She's in complete control for power. I wonder how much people are going to lose their poo poo about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I appreciate Caulifla and Kale time but I am super disappointed with how badly the Pride Troopers have jobbed so far. they were seriously built up as the biggest threat, it felt like, with Goku uncertain of even beating Toppo and Jiren said to be even stronger then that, but then this stuff happens. I didn't really find it enjoyable at all and I would have preferred Caulifla and Kale discovering the power of love against literally anyone else. Like the entire thing feels like the U6 and U7 show; they're getting all the ring outs and all the focus, when they've already had a bunch of time. Is this going to end with a callback to Nappa and Vegeta where Toppo takes out like 7 members of U7 all on his own before Goku takes him out and has to go onto Jiren? If each episode of the tournament is just Goku + One or Two Pals defeating the majority or all of a universe the entire concept of the tournament seems kind of hamfisted and unnecessary at that point.