Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Onmi posted:

You know there's more kinds of affection than romantic. And for the majority of DBZ that Gohan is 4.

No if someone feels a sense of friendship or loyalty toward someone else they're definitely gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

No if someone feels a sense of friendship or loyalty toward someone else they're definitely gay.
You don't say :allears:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Ridiculous; there are many gay goons. Or is this a thing where all A are B, but not all B are A?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Don't worry RealFoxy is just trolling because he's mad at everyone who likes Kale/Caulifla

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aurora posted:

Don't worry RealFoxy is just trolling because he's mad at everyone who likes Kale/Caulifla
I don't hate people who like Kale/Caulifa I just don't think in this anime genre where people are constantly awed by senpai that they're totally gay for each other. It's the Hiei/Kurama of this generation

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 30, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't know how you can be mad about Kale and Caufila being a thing. I mean, the entire DBZ Community might be mad about these characters,but almost all of them seem to accept that Kale is in romantic love with Caufila.

This is like those people who claim Korra and Asami getting together didn't have enough foreshadowing even though there was a ton of foreshadowing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kale is extremely gay for Caulifla though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also Jesus Christ Jiren have you heard of teamwork? Way to let half your team get murked dude what the gently caress

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

multijoe posted:

Also Jesus Christ Jiren have you heard of teamwork? Way to let half your team get murked dude what the gently caress

Toppo ordered him to conserve power, so he did so.

Covok posted:

Anyone else really loving annoyed that both Gohan and Goku have the same voice actor? Like I'm constantly confusing the two.

I mean they aren't the only ones. All of the Frieza's are voiced by the same dude too. Yajirobe and Krillin share a VA, In fact it's probably MORE shocking that Trunks wasn't voiced by Vegeta's VA.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Covok posted:

Kale is now a better Broly than Broly. She's in complete control for power. I wonder how much people are going to lose their poo poo about that.

"Better than Broly" is about the lowest bar you can clear in Dragon Ball.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

kale has to fight against heavily institutionalized hatred as the Canon Replacement Broly and you need to support her in her time of need while she keeps being a self-loathing demure shithead finally close to being Better Than Broccoli

and then you need to scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, when you realize she will be in Fusions 2 with the ol' Brole Role

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Weren't the universe rankings based on average or something, thus making them somewhat meaningless in regards to top 10 strength.

Also, lol at naming a character cocotte...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Piriwi posted:

Weren't the universe rankings based on average or something, thus making them somewhat meaningless in regards to top 10 strength.

Also, lol at naming a character cocotte...
I thought the Mortal Level was more about how developed mortal culture was than about people's fighting power. Like the top four universes had their poo poo together.

Why is Cocotte funny in particular

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nessus posted:

I thought the Mortal Level was more about how developed mortal culture was than about people's fighting power. Like the top four universes had their poo poo together.

Why is Cocotte funny in particular

While it can mean a type of oven, it also means prostitute.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, my opinion is this: 'I want senpai to notice me' is indeed better motivation than 'Baby next to me cried. A lot. For like, three hours', but not really much better.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Well, my opinion is this: 'I want senpai to notice me' is indeed better motivation than 'Baby next to me cried. A lot. For like, three hours', but not really much better.

But that baby cried so hard he blow up the planet!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Here's the thing about Caulifa and Kale, they're both great characters, but in the end it's a Japanese children's cartoon and Japan as far as I can tell doesn't even really talk about lgbt stuff. Caulifa also refers to Kale as her friend or protege constantly. You can ship them as much as you want but pretty sure there isn't a lesbian romance going on in the show that just passed the threshold of having female characters that might matter to the story but probably won't.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
A goon predicted weeks ago that Tien's new bullshit was going to be SHIN KIKOHO, and it looks like that was spot on lmao.

I hope somebody calls him out on it being just identical to the regular one. Maybe there's less feedback? :iiam:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Covok posted:

Yeah, not going to lie, that was a weak, kind of weird revelation to gain power.

Vegeta gained SSJ by throwing a temper tantrum because Goku had something he wanted but couldn't have. And no, that's not TFS revisionism.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

deadly_pudding posted:

A goon predicted weeks ago that Tien's new bullshit was going to be SHIN KIKOHO, and it looks like that was spot on lmao.

I hope somebody calls him out on it being just identical to the regular one. Maybe there's less feedback? :iiam:

Ten's been spamming that move since his 5 second Buu saga cameo.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nessus posted:

That Pride Trooper guy couldn't sense 'em either. I feel like they're going to have some kind of larger role in the end. Maybe the Angels are also Androids, or something similar? If #17 wasn't married he'd be the logical next GOD, really.

17 would be literally a perfect GoD candidate. Besides the basic fact that he's enormously strong and completely inexhaustible, he's also shown to be immensely dutiful(not wanting to leave his island unprotected even for a day even in the face of universal annihilation), results-minded(he's mostly concerned about how to win rather than how to have fun fighting), mostly uninterested in material rewards, and emotionally detached(willing to let his family get erased if that's what the universe wills). These are all really ideal traits for someone whose job is supposed to be evaluating what planets need to be pruned for the good of the universe.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, the Final Kamehameha is just Vegetto doing a kamehameha, so.

EDIT - well, I guess it has swirls in it.

Rudoku posted:

Ten's been spamming that move since his 5 second Buu saga cameo.

More than that. It's the same technique what he used on Imperfect Cell.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 30, 2017

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Here's the thing about Caulifa and Kale, they're both great characters, but in the end it's a Japanese children's cartoon and Japan as far as I can tell doesn't even really talk about lgbt stuff. Caulifa also refers to Kale as her friend or protege constantly. You can ship them as much as you want but pretty sure there isn't a lesbian romance going on in the show that just passed the threshold of having female characters that might matter to the story but probably won't.

OK, but Kale is very gay.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I really liked this episode, I think mostly for the fact half the episode wasn't shots of Beerus and Shin reacting to everything like every other episode so far

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Black August posted:

kale has to fight against heavily institutionalized hatred as the Canon Replacement Broly and you need to support her in her time of need while she keeps being a self-loathing demure shithead finally close to being Better Than Broccoli

and then you need to scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, when you realize she will be in Fusions 2 with the ol' Brole Role

I vote that we start calling Broly "Worse Kale".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Seconded.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was a good episode. kale was a lot better than when she was just broly, caulifla and the androids got some good scenes, and even tien got to be useful. not many interruptions from the sidelines either

I liked the beam struggle. felt like a callback to gohan vs cell

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Rhonne posted:

:agreed:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Anyone else really loving annoyed that both Gohan and Goku have the same voice actor? Like I'm constantly confusing the two.

It's never been an issue with me

Until this episode. That voice coming from off screen, I genuinely was confused and wondered what Goku was doing over there.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The one thing I was expecting that didn't happen was when that pride trooper barely stopped himself from going over the edge was for Frost to run over and nudge him over.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Last week's preview made me worried Caulifla was gonna get ringed out, glad she got saved by Goku's serial opponent-sparing problem.

Kale's whole resolution scene was a bit weird, but then again Vegeta also unlocked Super Saiyan by being a huge pissy crybaby so that's not the first time either.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Anime is full of subtextual or even textual lesbians though, and not just recently either. Sailor Moon back in the day was a kids' show but that didn't stop it from having several straight-up queer characters. No one's expecting a big ol' confession and/or kiss scene between them or whatever, this is still just a silly punchmans show, but Kale constantly power-blushing at Caulifla is pretty much asking the audience to come to a specific conclusion here.

Also Dragon Ball already had General Blue. It's not exactly stellar representation or anything but gay people aren't exactly a new and unheard thing in this franchise in the first place.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Kale is definitely in love with Caulifla but the show deliberately makes it unclear how much of it is romantic and how much of it is obsessive/possessive, as well as how Caulifla sees the whole thing (she seems to understand Kale... but she's also a Goku analogue so maybe she thinks of it differently than that because she's dumb as gently caress). Either way they're clearly supposed to be an item, and the show being a kid's cartoon, they'll probably take the safe way out of it by never resolving it in any meaningful way and letting people think what they want.

I'm a bit sad the Pride Troopers ended up jobbing as they did (especially their dropping their "pride" and trying to gank when they lost one of their guys). The army man in particular was hyped up for a bigger payoff than what we got. At least Ribrianne feels more like the kind of curveball character that ends up sweeping, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up for a Goku/Ribrianne/Hit/Jiren free-for-all finale.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I really like Kale and Caulifla, and I'm cool with them going SSJ, too.

But man, Vegeta's transformation into SSJ was still one of the coolest moments. He's alone, training on some god-forsaken planet (or moon), fighting against a gigantic meteor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22HCEaVBEE

Totally over-the-top dramatic scenes like this one and Future Trunks freaking out over dead Gohan were :discourse:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kale and Broly are both cool, I think. I know everyone here hates Broly for some reason, and I never really understood why. I know he is popular, but is that truly so bad?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Jedah posted:

I really like Kale and Caulifla, and I'm cool with them going SSJ, too.

But man, Vegeta's transformation into SSJ was still one of the coolest moments. He's alone, training on some god-forsaken planet (or moon), fighting against a gigantic meteor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22HCEaVBEE

Totally over-the-top dramatic scenes like this one and Future Trunks freaking out over dead Gohan were

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Kale and Broly are both cool, I think. I know everyone here hates Broly for some reason, and I never really understood why. I know he is popular, but is that truly so bad?

He's boring and the reason for his Berserker rage is dumb.

The same could also be said of Kale, but to a lesser extent on both counts - she at least has one or two character traits besides "is real mad about crying babies" and being in love with Caulifla is infinitely more understandable than having a monstrous, universe-destroying grudge over crying babies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Broly is a bad character from bad movies

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

When future Trunks went back to a different future, was Bulma still alive? Do they still have a time machine? I hope he comes back. Maybe he has a kid with Mai. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The whole ending to that arc felt like Trunks and Mai were retiring to a farm, so I don't think we'll ever be seeing them again.