Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

as the Guy With Weird Opinions, I thought Omega's first two arcs were pretty great.

The third made me drop it entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Android 17.... is cool

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like in the new episode the moment where Vegeta realises he's fighting a comedy character and switches tactics. The Arale episode mattered!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
This episode was amazing. :allears:

Toppo knows that it's unjust to interrupt transformation sequences. 17 was still one of the best parts of the episode.

Also two more cool gay friends.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

If I have to say what to watch...watch the original (or read the manga, both have their pros and cons, like the anime removing the ridiculous "EVERYONE IS MITSUMASA KIDO'S SON" bit but also removing important backstory moments)

I've never read the manga, but I know they didn't take this out of the anime. Or does he have more kids than the Bronze Saints?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RBX posted:

This is excellent and everything's on Crunchyroll too. Thanks

You're welcome!

Shindragon posted:

Oh man I never thought I would see someone else likes Saint Seyia, good post man I pretty much agree with all this actually.

Ask any 20-something (and likely 30-something) from Latin America and you will more likely than not get someone who likes Saint Seiya. It's a bit more divisive than Dragon Ball, but it was still one of the biggest series for us.

TFRazorsaw posted:

as the Guy With Weird Opinions, I thought Omega's first two arcs were pretty great.

The third made me drop it entirely.

I really liked Omega when it hit the Gold Saints, much like the original. Character writing was, to an extent, better, and at least the new Gold Saints being lame in comparison to the originals (with few exceptions like Genbu, Amor and especially Harbinger, by far the best Taurus) had an actual explanation. Everything leading to that was...not great, beyond a few episodes.

And then we hit the New Cloth Arc and everything goes straight to hell, with enemies that just refuse to get killed despite being nothing but fodder and nearly all of the main cast becoming heavily unimportant to shill the original five Saints. At least the high-ranking Pallasites were cool, and we got more Harbinger out of it.

Harbinger is the best Taurus.

Rudoku posted:

I've never read the manga, but I know they didn't take this out of the anime. Or does he have more kids than the Bronze Saints?

In the anime, everyone in the orphanage are his adoptive children. In the manga, he had 100 biological children, this includes every "orphan" he took.

It's never explained how he managed to impregnate ~98 women (as we know of four full siblings, Ikki/Shun and Seiya/Seika), it's never said that he is Zeus or something (which would explain a lot) and it's incredibly dumb.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 6, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd never seen Saint Seiya before Omega so, my opinions come from a very different context. I loved all the characters and I was already a fan of Umakoshi's designs in other shows so it all just really worked for me. I was super invested in Kouga's arc and while I enjoyed the Gold Saints, he, Yuna, and the Mars family were my primary interest.

Then the third arc turned Haruto into a rock star and it lost me forever.

So yeah, Omega sure did only run for four cours and nothing else.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I liked parts of this episode, but it doesn't really help tension when you spend that long on a comedy bit, and then the other half on a fight the antagonist can't really do anything in.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its a warm up, we are apparently only 10 minutes in after all.

I swear to god if Universe 2 gets erased... :bahgawd:

17 has gotten a lot of spotlight recently so I'll guess he'll be next to go down, probably courtesy of Ribrianne.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Its a warm up, we are apparently only 10 minutes in after all.

I swear to god if Universe 2 gets erased... :bahgawd:

17 has gotten a lot of spotlight recently so I'll guess he'll be next to go down, probably courtesy of Ribrianne.

my bet on the next out is Piccolo to help motivate Gohan next episode.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah flags are totally raising for him.

Great ep and goddamn it Vegeta had me laughing with him bailing out at the last second. Toppo was great.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Just for the record, this is the final arc for DBS right? After this they close the curtains on the series ya?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Just for the record, this is the final arc for DBS right? After this they close the curtains on the series ya?

They have not said anything of the sort. As of the moment there's no info on how long they plan DBS to go.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

5min in:
Miltank used rollout. :allears:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

ImpAtom posted:

my bet on the next out is Piccolo to help motivate Gohan next episode.

The way I think Dragonball works, the more someone who isn't Goku gets good screentime and cool fights, the harder they go down in a short time frame to try and ratchet up tension and big up the next opponent or transformation. Piccolo manhandles second form Frieza and then gets put down by his third form after about minute, Vegeta fights semi-perfect Cell and kicks his rear end but Perfect Cell backhands him, Gotenks and Gohan kick Buu's rear end for a while but both ultimately don't have enough to beat him, Vegeta defeats Frost, Magetta and Cabba and then gets downed by Hit practically immediately, Krillin takes down two fighters in short succession, so of course he slapped off the ring by Frost, heck even Basil got a bunch of work in during the first episode of this arc and lo and behold him and the rest of the Trio get obliterated one episode later.

In other words, 17 has kicked tons of rear end in the last two episodes so alarm horns are wailing at the moment. Its also why I think they'll have Piccolo hang around for a bit longer, he still needs to do something cool and at least meet his Universe 6 bros.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Man, it's cool to see the androids live up to some potential. They never really got much of a chance in the cell arc, so it's cool to see them kicking some rear end

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I guess I never grew out of thinking 17 was cool as hell because I loved basically everything about that dude this episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm glad 17 came back because he's been great every time they've let him do anything

nothing tops his stupid dad joke with marron tho

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Somebody on the Dragonball Super writing staff loves me, it's like they're making up for years of 17 not being around. I just hope next episode isn't gonna be all Gohan does this tournament, cause a showdown with universe 10 is about as low stakes as you can get (Gohan why are you targeting universe 10? Gowasu doesn't deserve this).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
17 continues to be amazing and it's going to suck when he gets knocked out of the ring by Jiren or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheHan posted:

Somebody on the Dragonball Super writing staff loves me, it's like they're making up for years of 17 not being around. I just hope next episode isn't gonna be all Gohan does this tournament, cause a showdown with universe 10 is about as low stakes as you can get (Gohan why are you targeting universe 10? Gowasu doesn't deserve this).

yea I feel like universe 10 should be tien or roshi's big moment, not gohan's

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope 16, 17, and 18 make it into Dragon Ball Fighterz.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ask any 20-something (and likely 30-something) from Latin America and you will more likely than not get someone who likes Saint Seiya. It's a bit more divisive than Dragon Ball, but it was still one of the biggest series for us.

This is true. My feed exploded with Saint Seiya CGI news 2 days ago.

My only wish is that while I am grateful to Kurumada for creating a show that I love, I want him nothing to do with the production of the Netflix adaptation. Not even as a consultant.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sadly, from what I've seen, at least fans from Argentina are the insufferable "NO BUT DRAGON BALL IS SERIOUS" crowd mostly, so they hate everything BoG and onwards.

Sadly, this is also true. Most Argentinians prefer the manga adaptation of Super where Goku are winning again, even in the arc that is called Future Trunks arc.

Now on this episode: this episode was great.

The comedy part was great.

Toppo getting super disgusted at 17's interrupting Transformation is a Free Action was great.

Vegeta hauling rear end rather than face another gag character was great.

17 is still proving to be a very tacticful warrior and baited his opponent into lowering her guard while also being smart and going for the medic first, so he was great.

Zen'o is a murdering little poo poo, but also sticks to the rule of cool and allows cool poo poo to happen, so he is great too.

Piccolo is going down next episode to push Gohan into Mystic God Mode or something. Piccolo can't catch a break. Always the sacrificial lion

Also Gowasu is gonna go next episode :( Sweet dreams and may your erasure get a lot of views.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I feel like universe 10 should be tien or roshi's big moment, not gohan's

Could be both, 10's on death's door, I wonder if they really will be erased.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super really put me over from "Android 17 is kind of boring" to "Android 17 owns."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why is everyone sayin Arale is the reason he back off? In the subs I'm watching, it sounds like he was grossed out. Maybe the crunchyroll subs translated it differently?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
17 was great this episode. He'll probably get knocked out in the next episode or two, but at least he's had an impressive showing to this point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

They have not said anything of the sort. As of the moment there's no info on how long they plan DBS to go.

I think something like 300 episodes was said. But take that with a grain of salt.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I mean, there will definitely be another arc with Freeza being the villain...again.

Then, there will be the Sun Wukong arc where Goku leads an army of demons against the gods as a response to being spurred by them.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Episode was great. I really wish that after 17 got chewed out and they restarted the transformation sequence, that Freeza shot them next, and it keeps happening

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

I mean, there will definitely be another arc with Freeza being the villain...again.

Then, there will be the Sun Wukong arc where Goku leads an army of demons against the gods as a response to being spurred by them.

a bunch of gods are literally his very good friends.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parrotine posted:

On the one hand this definitely has a last arc sort of feel to it, I mean the stakes are so high right now that anything else would be a letdown. On the other hand, they've just introduced a bunch of really good new characters and it would be a waste not to use them some more.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
17 had this slightly... puppet like?... feel to some of his movements that really nail the killer robot vibe, I love it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's still 39 minutes left in this tournament.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Man there were really getting mileage out of that Helles animation.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Caidin posted:

17 had this slightly... puppet like?... feel to some of his movements that really nail the killer robot vibe, I love it.
The bit of him sitting up was great. VA doing great work, animators doing great work, just great stuff.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Man there were really getting mileage out of that Helles animation.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Like, "okay, guys, this is literally the tenth time you used that shot."

Oh well, if you're going to cut costs, might as well do it without ruining the fight cinematography.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TFRazorsaw posted:

a bunch of gods are literally his very good friends.
I suspect if Goku leads some kind of anti-god rebellion it will be against the machinations of Evil Super Freeza and/or Most of The Angels/The High Priest, rather than Goku grimly murdering every entity other than himself and Vegeta with god ki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Covok posted:

Finally, Dabura gets his time to shine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Archenteron posted:

Episode was great. I really wish that after 17 got chewed out and they restarted the transformation sequence, that Freeza shot them next, and it keeps happening

Freeza's a dick, but he won't stop a long-winded transformation before he let's his out.