Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I actually thought that bit with Toga comforting Twice and helping cover up his face was legit cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/frecuenciankn/status/893587166051291136

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I lol'ed at Twice randomly asking Toga to marry him. I love twice.

Yeah I think it's the translation that made that last part confusing but they're purposefully angering Mimic('s possible clone?) so he goes Berserk on everyone for some reason. Also Nighteye doesn't gently caress around and I loved how Deku immediately figured out it was Toga back there at the exam.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deku not being an idiot has always been a nice change of pace from your average shonen protagonist

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The VA is totally intending to sabotage the hell out of these losers, first by getting the floormaster to snap and get himself caught. You know if Overhaul just exists to give contrast to the new Shigaraki who has learnt of the power of evil friendship and evil trust i'd be ok with that I think.

This arc better end with Shigaraki disintegrating Overhaul, it kinda feels like the most appropriate thing.

I wonder if he'll try to trick Overhaul is fixing Compress's arm first.

I wonder if it's possible for him to bring Magne back too. That guy Fatgum fought talked about how Overhaul could blow him into pieces and bring him back over and over.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Where's the best place to read Illegals?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

kissmanga probably

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Manatee Cannon posted:

deku not being an idiot has always been a nice change of pace from your average shonen protagonist

So much so that I think it's his quirk, lol 😂

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Officially on Viz's website in two days.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I actually thought that bit with Toga comforting Twice and helping cover up his face was legit cute

This chapter has made it really seem like the VA actually genuinely like each other. Even goddamn Shigaraki seems like he likes the rest of the VA. Little guy's growing up and learning that having friends is cool and good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cool and good at being evil!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Villains Alliance may be the most dangerous villains in all of Shonen. They understand and believe in the power of friendship.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gyges posted:

The Villains Alliance may be the most dangerous villains in all of Shonen. They understand and believe in the power of friendship.

They'll have to compete with half the enemy crews in One Piece, but it definitely puts them up there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Countblanc posted:

They'll have to compete with half the enemy crews in One Piece, but it definitely puts them up there.

I don't think any of the bad dude crews have actually understood friendship until after Luffy decks them. They usually have a limited and rudimentary understanding that is rather selfish.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Slime posted:

This chapter has made it really seem like the VA actually genuinely like each other. Even goddamn Shigaraki seems like he likes the rest of the VA. Little guy's growing up and learning that having friends is cool and good.

I think we'll look back on this arc with this in mind--it was less about the Yakuza, more about further character building for the VA (and to expand our view of the heroing world a little). There's been lots of neat bits in this arc, exciting new information, character building and so on. It just hasn't felt that cohesive/compelling when we're doing it week-by-week, which is a shame.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blackheart posted:

I lol'ed at Twice randomly asking Toga to marry him. I love twice.

Yeah I think it's the translation that made that last part confusing but they're purposefully angering Mimic('s possible clone?) so he goes Berserk on everyone for some reason. Also Nighteye doesn't gently caress around and I loved how Deku immediately figured out it was Toga back there at the exam.

re-reading from the start deku's character growth is incredible

remember how he used to be a tiny crybaby

e: also they foreshadow shoot style with gran torino way earlier(deku looks like he's about to tag gran with a kick but bounces off the ceiling and tries to use his arms instead which lets gran dodge it)

this is a p. good manga

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 5, 2017

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yinlock posted:

remember how he used to be a tiny crybaby

One thing I admit I miss is the great lil' gags like Deku crying so hard he buries into the ground or Uraraka's parents running like baboons at her but I'll bet we'll get more if the next mini arc is more lighthearted.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thankfully we still have Toga and Twice with us

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The official translation is out and it's understandably much better, most importantly is how Twice refers to Irinaka and Rappa. He doesn't say "Irinaka's/Rappa's Brother" he says "Big Bro Irinaka/Rappa", so even though the Rappa was a clone that doesn't necessarily mean Irinaka is. Also to burst some bubble's Twice doesn't say "let's go out" he says "let's stick together" and then later says "..my soulmate" not "be my wife".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Specifically he's calling Irinaka and Rappa "aniki" which means big brother but can be used in the yakuza to refer to an immediate senior or superior, so my guess is Twice is using it in a mocking way since he's "playing yakuza"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

For Chris, now that we're into the second season, how has your understanding of All Might as a character grown, and how do you feel about him now that you've been performing him for a while.

Sabat: It's funny. I felt that I really came to understand All Might at the end of the first season. For the first half of the second season, All Might hasn't had a lot of participation, but I've gotten a lot out of the lighter, more delicate conversations that he's had. His lines have a lot of foreboding to them. Something is happening, I don't even know exactly what yet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EmmyOk posted:

The official translation is out and it's understandably much better, most importantly is how Twice refers to Irinaka and Rappa. He doesn't say "Irinaka's/Rappa's Brother" he says "Big Bro Irinaka/Rappa", so even though the Rappa was a clone that doesn't necessarily mean Irinaka is. Also to burst some bubble's Twice doesn't say "let's go out" he says "let's stick together" and then later says "..my soulmate" not "be my wife".
Twice is borrowing a yakuza affect, which apparently doesn't come off in the Mangastream translation. FA is behind right now- I think they said they were waiting until today or even further into this week to release their version of the chapter.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So much fan art...

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Say Nothing posted:

So much fan art...

:perfect:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How the heck is he even holding up Todoroki like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One for All crushing grip

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

How the heck is he even holding up Todoroki like that.

He got really cold and is stuck to his hand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Ochaco made him float and he is holding him down.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

That makes a ton of sense.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

MonsterEnvy posted:

She did the same thing to Kirishima. She's a terror!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That first one was done by Horikoshi I thought.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it wasn't, that's the best fan art I've ever seen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Quick reminder that the official translation of Vigilantes is now free to read on Viz's site with weekly chapters until they catch up.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia-vigilantes

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Best part is best boy Tokoyami just enjoying that slide.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

gently caress yeah!

Content not available.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can read it. Guess it's US only.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's in Ireland too!

I like that the three of them make up All Might's power basically.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

EmmyOk posted:

It's in Ireland too!

I like that the three of them make up All Might's power basically.

How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I can read it. Guess it's US only.

I'm in the US and I can't read it.