Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TheKingofSprings posted:

What happens if the fusions fuse

This is what really led to the big bang happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

:five:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nessus posted:

Or what if two dance fusions fuse with the Potara earrings?

Two punches ends Zen-chan

The resulting warrior however is trapped in a state of mad divine zen and murderous intent as they boil with the minds of four warriors raging for a way to expend all that multiplied quadratic fusion energy

Probably ending in universal destruction

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, aiming for the Steven Universe crowd.

Who would say it's just a cheap tactic?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I thought I may well die without seeing this. You have made these salty old bones very happy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Frieza's face lmao

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TheKingofSprings posted:

What happens if the fusions fuse

Nessus posted:

Or what if two dance fusions fuse with the Potara earrings?

:eng101: Dragon Ball Fusions uses a combined form of the two fusion methods and 1. fusions don't run out 2. if 5 people who fused by this method all dance fusion together they turn into some massive bullshit powerful but short lived form that basically decimates everything.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What happens if Ginyu switches bodies with a fusion and then it unfuses.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhonne posted:

What happens if Ginyu switches bodies with a fusion and then it unfuses.

Then you get Posi-Ginyu and Nega-Ginyu, like in Darkwing Duck.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Covok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PrLgzXnWHE

Did you know Lord Slugh was title "Super Saya-jin Goku" in Japan and released ten days before Super Saya-jin premiered in the manga. That the entire movie was a rush to get Super Sayian out before it premiered in the manga to drive sales, but, due to Toriyama not having a final design, having to guess at what it might look at and even doing a cope out by having King Kai sound confused if it is super sayian.

Turns out fake super sayian was an attempt by Toei animation to beat Toriyama to release with a super sayian form to drive sales of a pretty boring movie.

I just recently learned of this, I've never actually watched the Lord Slug movie. It's a pretty neat bit of trivia for sure.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mogomra posted:

I just recently learned of this, I've never actually watched the Lord Slug movie. It's a pretty neat bit of trivia for sure.

The movie is dumb, the only good thing about it is Gohan's whistle song trolling Piccolo, just watch that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Darko posted:

The movie is dumb, the only good thing about it is Gohan's whistle song trolling Piccolo, just watch that.

Vegeta getting trolled is the new Piccolo getting trolled, which is to say that Piccolo getting trolled is very good. Lord Slug is dumb as hell, though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The sad truth is that most of the DBZ movie villains kind of suck, and the better parts of those original 13 movies mostly have nothing to do with them.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They're generally better in DBZA format, except when they come up with side jokes that don't really improve the main jokes.

I mean Slug is ridiculous and their take on it just accentuates that element.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The major problem with DBZ movie villains is that almost to a man they're Budget Knockoff versions of existing and better-done characters and storylines and while that's okay for a 2-hour well-animated fight it doesn't actually give them anything meaningful to do. They actually rely on "oh, it's Evil Goku/Piccolo Again/Frieza Again/Androids again/etc" to fill in the blanks and because it's a film there's no development or growth or change in characters. It's why BotG/RoF (even with RoF's problems) stand out because they do actually advance and change things, even if it's in a minor way, though obviously Super somewhat replaces that and it becomes "do I want the nicely animated coherent version or the bloated one with more buildup."

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
BoG movie is better, RoF series is better. Gotta go with the version where Ginyu makes an appearance.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

The major problem with DBZ movie villains is that almost to a man they're Budget Knockoff versions of existing and better-done characters and storylines and while that's okay for a 2-hour well-animated fight it doesn't actually give them anything meaningful to do. They actually rely on "oh, it's Evil Goku/Piccolo Again/Frieza Again/Androids again/etc" to fill in the blanks and because it's a film there's no development or growth or change in characters. It's why BotG/RoF (even with RoF's problems) stand out because they do actually advance and change things, even if it's in a minor way, though obviously Super somewhat replaces that and it becomes "do I want the nicely animated coherent version or the bloated one with more buildup."

To be fair ROF fits the old movie definition better than it does BOG

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair ROF fits the old movie definition better than it does BOG

RoF is absolutely closer but at least introduces a For Real New Super Saiyan Form that ends up continuing to be a thing compared to the other films which just have people relearning the stuff they knew already except maybe Vegeta and Goku doing the fusion dance.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Funnily enough most of the movie villains are so aggressively uninteresting that they're easily beat by Hildegarn/Janemba, who don't have any personality at all, just cool designs.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

RoF is absolutely closer but at least introduces a For Real New Super Saiyan Form that ends up continuing to be a thing compared to the other films which just have people relearning the stuff they knew already except maybe Vegeta and Goku doing the fusion dance.

It also fits in continuity, which is only really true for movie 9 and kinda-sorta movie 5.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well yea it fits, the beginning of super is just bog and rof without a budget

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair Super ROF is just ROF but better. Because ROF doesn't really work as a movie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rof is better as a movie than what we got.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Yah, ROF basically just promised a cool fight with a popular returning villain, and the series hosed up the rather important cool fight part.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I still think the first half of rof is really really good but everything from the cow vs piccolo on is kinda lame

the super version sucks as well but the animation also sucks

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Nah. I think RoF was cool. I was craving that rematch between Goku and Frieza that we got denied right on the beginning of the android saga

Battle of the Gods is the best movie of them all though.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

What I would give to see a movie about the time-line Goku showed up to fight Freeza and his Dad

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

dr.acula posted:

What I would give to see a movie about the time-line Goku showed up to fight Freeza and his Dad
This but only if it's actually the first episode of an OVA that's an expansion of the History of Trunks story and has Imperfect Cell killing Future Trunks as a twist ending, and ends with an extended shot of Cell growing down into bug form so he can fit into the time machine, activating it, and then vanishing into the aether.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

This but only if it's actually the first episode of an OVA that's an expansion of the History of Trunks story and has Imperfect Cell killing Future Trunks as a twist ending, and ends with an extended shot of Cell growing down into bug form so he can fit into the time machine, activating it, and then vanishing into the aether.

Say didn't like 6 of them fit in the same time machine in the Goku Black arc? How the gently caress could one vaguely humanoid being not fit inside, even accounting for wings and tail?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Enourmo posted:

Say didn't like 6 of them fit in the same time machine in the Goku Black arc? How the gently caress could one vaguely humanoid being not fit inside, even accounting for wings and tail?

Didn't Bulma modify it so multiple people could fit inside?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Cell is a being of class, and as such would not force himself to be cramped on his way to perfection.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Trunks isn't THAT much smaller than Imperfect Cell, and he wasn't exactly crammed in there with no room whatsoever. It was just a Toriyama story beat, so don't think on it too hard.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I always assumed the reason was "poo poo I'm beat from overpowering a Super Saiyan and going through time, I think I'll take advantage by going back so far I can just burrow and power up slowly until a safe time for surprise" I had no idea it was sapce issues

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Imperfect Cell is real tall and he wants to be able to sit comfortably.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I demand to have the music that was playing when 17 kicked those two's asses

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The thing that frustrates me about the Dragon Ball movies is Gohan's stupid little dragon friend who just stops showing up and is never mentioned again in the movie universe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fargin Icehole posted:

Nah. I think RoF was cool. I was craving that rematch between Goku and Frieza that we got denied right on the beginning of the android saga

dr.acula posted:

We'd just had 80 episodes of Goku fighting Frieza, people really wanted to see it again?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

dr.acula posted:

That's a timeline that doesn't have Trunk's kickass '80s time traveler theme and thus completely inferior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

sassassin posted:

We'd just had 80 episodes of Goku fighting Frieza, people really wanted to see it again?

There are 2 Cooler movies, and Cooler is just a palette swapped Freeza at the end of the day. Plus Freeza is probably the most popular villain of the entire series, and I doubt that's just because it's been decades since he first appeared, so I'm going with "yes."