Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I really wanted Frieza to die by the end of Namek and not because he was a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sassassin posted:

I really wanted Frieza to die by the end of Namek and not because he was a bad person.

Hey, it's Sassassin again. Resurrected from the dead like his pal Frieza!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I didn't die I just stopped watching the show when Buu got fat again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sassassin posted:

I didn't die I just stopped watching the show when Buu got fat again.

The new arc is really fun, you should catch up if you haven't already.

Also revived Frieza done properly is clearly a better choice than BUUUUUUUUUUU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And Jesus Christ has he been done properly so far

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

The new arc is really fun, you should catch up if you haven't already.

Also revived Frieza done properly is clearly a better choice than BUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm so surprised at how much I enjoy ally Freeza. I was thinking I wanted ally Cell, but it would have honestly been pretty much the exact same thing as what is going on now, so I'm good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
so Unless leaks are wrong, Goku goes Super Saiyan God during the ToP So that's a thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Onmi posted:

so Unless leaks are wrong, Goku goes Super Saiyan God during the ToP So that's a thing.

I mean, there's 5 other super saiyans there, so it's plausible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Could be legit or could be wrong. it wouldn't be the first time one of those TV guide episode summaries hosed up a detail. We've had wrong universe numbers a couple of times by now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think it would have been.

Cell was never as much fun as Freeza. Cell was super serious most of the time, unless he was Imperfect Cell at which point he was a creepy monster. It's easy to think of the Abridged Cell, but he's way more of an exaggeration than Abridged Freeza was.

I can't honestly think of one fun thing Cell did after he achieved his perfect form, beyond holding the tournament to prove he was superior.

Well okay

OH poo poo is pretty fun

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I love Goku as much as the next person, but sometimes I wish he'd resign himself as some eternal punch deity that just trains other characters.

And he has his own little planet with a tractor on it.

Flying away comically with the tractor is the first test to pass in his training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTIeaPgDM0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

I love Goku as much as the next person, but sometimes I wish he'd resign himself as some eternal punch deity that just trains other characters.

And he has his own little planet with a tractor on it.

Flying away comically with the tractor is the first test to pass in his training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTIeaPgDM0

I mean if you take the ending of DBZ into account that's basically what happened. (and if you take GT into account it's also basically what happens.)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The only DBZ movie I've seen had like kid Gohan getting drunk/high and wandering around on some singing tree or something?

That was a looooong time ago.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

ImpAtom posted:

I mean if you take the ending of DBZ into account that's basically what happened. (and if you take GT into account it's also basically what happens.)

Well if you take the beginning of DBS into account that's basically what did not happen. (and if you take GT into account gowasu have mercy on your soul.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Well if you take the beginning of DBS into account that's basically what did not happen. (and if you take GT into account gowasu have mercy on your soul.)

Dragonball Super is set between Buu Saga and the end of Z. Like they literally have a conversation in Super about Uub.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Koalas March posted:

The only DBZ movie I've seen had like kid Gohan getting drunk/high and wandering around on some singing tree or something?

That was a looooong time ago.

The Super Android 13 movie was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ln6PaC1Jk&t=114s

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

graham cracker posted:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Shaolin Einstein would be a great indie movie. Yahoo Serious I'm looking at you!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Burkion posted:

I don't think it would have been.

Cell was never as much fun as Freeza. Cell was super serious most of the time, unless he was Imperfect Cell at which point he was a creepy monster. It's easy to think of the Abridged Cell, but he's way more of an exaggeration than Abridged Freeza was.

I can't honestly think of one fun thing Cell did after he achieved his perfect form, beyond holding the tournament to prove he was superior.

Well okay

OH poo poo is pretty fun

Cell was awesome because he did ALL of the bullshit the heroes did...to the heroes. Running away and hiding power levels, powering up ridiculously in a short time, letting people get away and power up to fight him, etc. He didn't have as much personality as Freeza, but he was still fun.

A lot of how Cell's personality *could be* if revived comes from having him as your trainer in Xenoverse, and he's one of the best trainers because he's so hilarious. He would be a little different than Freeza since he's less of a dick, but he's also more egotistical, somehow, which has the poetential to be hilarious.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Darko posted:

Cell was awesome because he did ALL of the bullshit the heroes did...to the heroes. Running away and hiding power levels, powering up ridiculously in a short time, letting people get away and power up to fight him, etc. He didn't have as much personality as Freeza, but he was still fun.

A lot of how Cell's personality *could be* if revived comes from having him as your trainer in Xenoverse, and he's one of the best trainers because he's so hilarious. He would be a little different than Freeza since he's less of a dick, but he's also more egotistical, somehow, which has the poetential to be hilarious.

Xenoverse Cell was basically Abridged Cell with Damien Clarke dialing up the smug to 11.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I would totally hug you if that was something I did!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Abridged's take on all of the movies are better than the actual movies.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

dr.acula posted:

What I would give to see a movie about the time-line Goku showed up to fight Freeza and his Dad

freeza seemed drastically underpowered but you can maybe assume king cold didn't get to do all his stages and poo poo? cuz trunks just loving killed him before he had a chance. it'd be funny if goku let him go to some ultra form and they had a long rear end fight as always

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The one thing that surprised me that they never did was have a dbz game where the player character is the reincarnation of Cell, and that's the excuse given on how they are so strong and can copy other people's moves

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never bought that Freeza was stronger than he was on Namek as CyberFreeza anyways.

Mostly because we know what Freeza at 100% power looked like at that point, and it wasn't super slim.

But Freeza being strong enough to fight Goku as a SSJ for a short time was an anime only thing, so who knows. That may just be a consequence of the anime being more faithful in one instance, while being less faithful in the other.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Onmi posted:

whats the point of this? ssb is stronger

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

It might not be what we are used to.

EDIT To clarify The full rumor is that Goku might master SSJ God, gaining SSJ hair but the God style. So red hair and eyes, that funky aura, that kind of thing. At the very least, there is merch showing SSJGod Goku with SSJ hair.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

finally, lord slug was proven right

tbp posted:

the funniest reason would be that he does the ritual to teach the u6 saiyans how to do it. jumpcut to 20 years in the future and every u6 saiyan has red or blue hair

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

tbp posted:

Theory is that SSBlue is stacking SSJ on top of blue instead of actually going SSJ with God ki itself. Who knows.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

tbp posted:

clearly its to mess with the manga writers

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This is a definite, deliberate troll from Toriyama and/or Toei to get nerds arguing about God Ki and transformations, and it's glorious.

I don't think anybody in the writer's room knows or cares about like,

Darko posted:

Theory is that SSBlue is stacking SSJ on top of blue instead of actually going SSJ with God ki itself. Who knows.

They know that the Shonen Battle genre will work itself out as long as somebody pulls a new power out of their rear end at the last possible second, and Vegeta also knows this because he's cracked the fourth wall like Deadpool.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

theory: Goku will use Kaioken, then use Blue, somehow creating Red

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So is he going to stack God on top of Blue?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

So is he going to stack God on top of Blue?

A Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God if you will.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Red Goku and Blue Vegeta need to fuse because I really want Purple Vegito

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Watch it be that he only figures it out because Caulifla got him thinking about back tingles and he reverse engineered their reverse engineering.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

They know that the Shonen Battle genre will work itself out as long as somebody pulls a new power out of their rear end at the last possible second, and Vegeta also knows this because he's cracked the fourth wall like Deadpool.

vegeta is working on unlocking the true next evolution of super saiyan using the greatest power he knows: gag ki

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it'll just be TRUE SUPER SAIYAN GOD

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it will be incredibly bad rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Onmi posted:

Uh, hasn't he being doing that already at various points?