Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Uh, hasn't he being doing that already at various points?

he means the red version from bog, not the blue one we've had since rof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

he means the red version from bog, not the blue one we've had since rof

If this is based off of a TV guide translation I'll bet its just a small inaccuracy, this happens a lot (ie, a lot of people thought Ribrianne and her friends would fuse, or that Krillin would be disqualified, based on similar mistakes), I don't really know what it could add if it was true, its like saying Goku will go Super Saiyan 3! What could this mean?!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

^The writer all but confirmed it wasnt a mistranslation. And posted a shirt of SSG Goku but with SS hair

Here's an explanation

Base -> SS -> SS2 -> SS3

Base -> Base w/ God Ki -> SSB

Base -> Base SSG -> ???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

uh, teaching caulifla how to use god ki obviously

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

They'll probably do the SSG ceremony while Goku is in Blue, that makes sense to me

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Carlosologist posted:

They'll probably do the SSG ceremony while Goku is in Blue, that makes sense to me

goku would never be satisfied at winning the tournament that way

I think Goku's got some new bullshit form he's been hiding away just for the ToP and he's gonna use it on his new boyfriend Jiren

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I was about to say there aren't 6 Sayians.

Then I remembered U6 lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

goku would never be satisfied at winning the tournament that way

I think Goku's got some new bullshit form he's been hiding away just for the ToP and he's gonna use it on his new boyfriend Jiren

Vegeta's response to that would be hilarious.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Vegeta's response to that would be hilarious.

Vegeta openly acknowledging that he's jealous that Goku is cheating on him with other fight rivals is always loving fantastic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kanos posted:

Vegeta openly acknowledging that he's jealous that Goku is cheating on him with other fight rivals is always loving fantastic.

Kakarot is a demon, he's a devil hes -- OH HE'S GONNA FIGHT ME AGAIN!

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
LOL there's no way the androids could cut off Freeza's arms and legs at this point. Even in fourth form he could one shot 18 at the very least, and i doubt 17 could beat him. Goddamn this thread is silly.

Anyway i saw a Youtube video of an interesting theory about the Tournament of Power, and how it's going to come down to Jiren vs Freeza and Goku. Freeza somehow becomes a God of Destruction and this is allowed for some reason, but it allows him to take on Jiren single-handedly. He still loses but it's a real close fight, but before he gets knocked off the platform he gives Goku a bit of Hakai enenergy, plus Jiren being tired and worn out a bit, helps Goku beat him.

Im skeptical because why would the gods and angels let Freeza become a GoD and STILL remain as a ningen contestant???? Im a total Freeza fangirl and frankly think almost every other character sucks (except Piccolo and a couple others), but come on!!!! But it would be cool if it happened. Im just not sure how it could.

Anyway, I hope in the long term, Freeza does become a GoD, then somehow finds a way to resurrect the Ginyu Force. Theyve probably reincarnated by this point, though. But I'm wondering if its possible to still resurrect them if you find their reincarnations??? Maybe kill the reincarnations and THEN resurrect them? Except that souls are supposedly "cleansed" and purified before each reincarnation, but who knows? Maybe people remembering their past lives is a thing in the Dragon Ball mythos? If so, then some aspect of their former identities is left intact and the soul still "remembers" these identities, maybe storing them within itself. And if thats true, they can just kill the reincarnations and "rewind" the souls to those of the Ginyu Force. Freeza would do that, surely.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Koalas March posted:

The only DBZ movie I've seen had like kid Gohan getting drunk/high and wandering around on some singing tree or something?

That was a looooong time ago.

The movie you were referring to is the dead zone. It's the first DBZ movie and it's villain is garlic jr.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I decided to check on dbm and, boy, is that fan comic Off the Mark. With the tournament of power story line, it's even more obvious now how much that comic it takes things too seriously and misses the nature of DBZ. It's basically american-dbz-fans-not-getting-it.cbz at this point.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Covok posted:

I decided to check on dbm and, boy, is that fan comic Off the Mark. With the tournament of power story line, it's even more obvious now how much that comic it takes things too seriously and misses the nature of DBZ. It's basically american-dbz-fans-not-getting-it.cbz at this point.

What are they doing currently?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

Its also way, way less fun. I havnt looked at it in a couple of years now, but i remember it being really unimaginative and kinda "obvious" in how it handled all the characters and fights. Like with Freeza, they just decided that of course Freeza never trains and so of course he's way underpowered compared to goku,vegeta, gohan, majin boo, vegetto, etc. Why is this the case? Because its just something everyone assumes about Freeza, i guess. Nothing is really unexpected. But DBS is doing cool things with Freeza and actually getting into his character. He's changing his habits (actually training and striving to be better), playing the long game, etc. But DMB is just like "Nah he's exactly like what everyone thinks he is, forever. He's not allowed to change".

On a completely unrelated note, i;m getting really tired of the term "rear end pull". See it a lot among insufferable people who think that any character doing anything they dont like is an "rear end pull".

"Oh, Freeza getting wicked strong after training? Total rear end pull. Even though the entire loving series has been about characters getting the Eye of the Tiger and surpassing their limits"

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 11, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Bee posted:

What are they doing currently?

They were doing a fight between the namekian who is just all the namekians fuse together and has no personality other than stoic and that villain from the FMV video game. Then Babidi unleashed all the villains under mind control with all of the heroes who can defeat them gone via magic teleportation.

Blue Star posted:

Its also way, way less fun. I havnt looked at it in a couple of years now, but i remember it being really unimaginative and kinda "obvious" in how it handled all the characters and fights. Like with Freeza, they just decided that of course Freeza never trains and so of course he's way underpowered compared to goku,vegeta, gohan, majin boo, vegetto, etc. Why is this the case? Because its just something everyone assumes about Freeza, i guess. Nothing is really unexpected. But DBS is doing cool things with Freeza and actually getting into his character. He's changing his habits (actually training and striving to be better), playing the long game, etc. But DMB is just like "Nah he's exactly like what everyone thinks he is, forever. He's not allowed to change".

On a completely unrelated note, i;m getting really tired of the term "rear end pull". See it a lot among insufferable people who think that any character doing anything they dont like is an "rear end pull".

"Oh, Freeza getting wicked strong after training? Total rear end pull. Even though the entire loving series has been about characters getting the Eye of the Tiger and surpassing their limits"

That's it. The entire fan comic takes no risks and, despite actually doing infinite universes instead of just 12, it actually has less variation and less original ideas because everything just assumes that the main series happen but one change occurred. With those changes being really boring and fanfiction-y. Like, what if all the namekians fused to beat freeza. Or, what if Vegito never unfused. It's all really lame.

Then compare it to Super which has used the universe concept to introduce dozens of new characters with unique new powers and personalities to challenge the heroes. It's introduced an entire Celestial bureaucracy to create a looming unbeatable threat. It took risks and gave new ideas and interesting new characters I don't just feel like fanfiction.

It's hilarious that the comments are full of people hating on super because it's not enough like a bad DBZ fanfiction.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Covok posted:

It's basically american-dbz-fans-not-getting-it.cbz at this point.

they're French tho

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Blue Star posted:

LOL there's no way the androids could cut off Freeza's arms and legs at this point. Even in fourth form he could one shot 18 at the very least, and i doubt 17 could beat him. Goddamn this thread is silly.
Krillin was able to get the tail of your husbando with a destructo disk. The androids just fought a guy who uses ki slash weapons for an attack. Put two and two together. :zoro:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The best change DBM came up with was Frieza winning because Krillin ignored Goku and beheaded Vegeta on Earth. That's at least a clever way to do that instead of, I dunno, Frieza just happening to overpower Super Saiyan Goku or whatever.

But yeah Super's ToP is way better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am so glad Super is killing it right now. Waiting for more Abridged stuff was driving me bonkers before the ToP really got started.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

They were doing a fight between the namekian who is just all the namekians fuse together and has no personality other than stoic and that villain from the FMV video game. Then Babidi unleashed all the villains under mind control with all of the heroes who can defeat them gone via magic teleportation.

That's it. The entire fan comic takes no risks and, despite actually doing infinite universes instead of just 12, it actually has less variation and less original ideas because everything just assumes that the main series happen but one change occurred. With those changes being really boring and fanfiction-y. Like, what if all the namekians fused to beat freeza. Or, what if Vegito never unfused. It's all really lame.

Then compare it to Super which has used the universe concept to introduce dozens of new characters with unique new powers and personalities to challenge the heroes. It's introduced an entire Celestial bureaucracy to create a looming unbeatable threat. It took risks and gave new ideas and interesting new characters I don't just feel like fanfiction.

Well DBM is doing classic alternate universes so of course they're all very similar, while in Super you could replace the word universe with galaxy or even planet and nothing of significance changes in the story.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 11, 2017

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

Krillin was able to get the tail of your husbando with a destructo disk. The androids just fought a guy who uses ki slash weapons for an attack. Put two and two together. :zoro:

Not saying it couldnt happen if they caught him by surprise, but i dont think that would happen at this point. Freeza is too good right now. And they definitely cant brute force him: 18 hasnt gotten any stronger since Androd Arc and even first form RoF Freeza was stronger than imperfect cell, semi-perfect cell, etc. Its hard to say how strong 17 is since he's only sparred with Goku and Goku was holding back a fair amount even given that he turned Super Saiyan Blue. Still, id put current 17 somewhere between first form Freeza and fourth form Freeza.

"Husbando" LOL. Freeza is beyond gender.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Frieza's gonna get knocked off the edge like a chump by Frost after he lets his guard down loving around

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Congratulations, you achieved an even more boring gimmick than sassassin

Caros
May 14, 2008

Wuxi posted:

I guess you could call it sassassin 2.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Wuxi posted:

What's my boring gimmick that's got you so worked up?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wuxi posted:

I thought the guy who pretended to be Zamasu was trying a bit too hard but here we are.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

THEORY TIME

[theory spoilered due to containing content mined from Toei's site regarding upcoming episodes]

So Goku's going redhead again. Only reason I can think of for him to do this is is SSJG is a more powerful form than SSJB.
Because of that, I'm pretty sure that this feller

Is Gohan in the new form the show has been hinting at.

My reasoning.
1) Goku reacquiring a powerful form that he had lost access to previously and then getting an EXTRA powerup on top of that seems like bad writing. While DBZ has never exactly been a magnum opus of incredible writing, this would be a lot more clunky than I'd expect of the standards they've set.
2) The writing team has been really good about responding to fan criticism. The show's added several prominent lady fighters. Master Roshi's perv angle seems like it's being explicitly written out of the show. Fans have wanted more Gohan for a while and the arc seems to be building towards a big moment for Gohan. In this image we can't see the fighter's face (although admittedly there's very little different between Gohan's face and Goku's face), and both Gohan and Goku are wearing the same clothes. It feels like this image is fully intended to make us assume it's Goku and then the show will blindside us with Gohan.
3) "But his hair's too long, how do you explain the hair?" Have you met SSJ3? Hair length is a non-issue.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you're on the money about this, that would be one hell of a swerve. I'd dig it.

It's not like the hair really resembles Goku's SSJ hair after all. And Gohan did say he was going to find his own path beyond Gods and SSJ

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

That doesnt look like Gohan at all to me but we'll see

Covok
May 27, 2013

I don't think you're right, but I'd be very happy if you were.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, one thing that KINDA helps it

When Gohan went SSJ2, he got way more hair than he actually had, and his hair style looked a lot like Goku's did when he first went SSJ, in certain shots anyways.

I doubt that it'll be a thing, but I hope with all my heart that it is

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's a cute idea and I like it a lot but it's based on a flat-out wrong assumption. Super Saiyan God is weaker than Blue. This isn't debatable, literally everything with both forms has said so.

Why Goku is using God again, and most importantly, how, I have no goddamn idea. I guess Toyotaro wasn't bullshitting when he had Goku use it in the manga after all, or maybe there's special circumstances at play, but that doesn't change that Blue is the strongest Super Saiyan level, at least to date (tied with Rosé but they're the same thing anyways, only recoloured due to Zamasu's aesthetics and status as a natural-born God).

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a cute idea and I like it a lot but it's based on a flat-out wrong assumption. Super Saiyan God is weaker than Blue. This isn't debatable, literally everything with both forms has said so.

Why Goku is using God again, and most importantly, how, I have no goddamn idea. I guess Toyotaro wasn't bullshitting when he had Goku use it in the manga after all, or maybe there's special circumstances at play, but that doesn't change that Blue is the strongest Super Saiyan level, at least to date (tied with Rosé but they're the same thing anyways, only recoloured due to Zamasu's aesthetics and status as a natural-born God).

Please show your work wrt the power level arithmetic used. Round to the nearest thousandth.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The manga clearly lays it out

I'm not sure the same is true for the anime. In the anime, Goku was nearly able to fight on even terms with Beerus, and was able to sense God Ki perfectly, when he was a SSJ God. After he lost the form, over time he lost the ability to sense God Ki to that level, which is part of why he was training with Vegeta and Whis to unlock SSJBlue.

Its drawback was the time limit, which SSJBlue doesn't have.

Maybe that's where they'll go with it. SSJ God is the real deal, makes a mortal on the level of a God, but only for a short time. SSJBlue is just SSJ using God Ki.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'd buy it given what we've been shown in the anime. Goku was able to do some funky rear end poo poo while SSG like instantly repair a gaping hole punched through his torso(that would have helped in RoF!) and punch Beerus so hard it was making universe-shattering shockwaves. Blue has never done anything quite that nuts on screen, with the closest thing to being that wacky being Blue Kaioken straight up no-selling Hit's gimmicks.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Not to mention the transformation sequence had some straight up Biblical poo poo going on in the sky when he got it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
God, I hope you guys are right. It'd make God feel truly amazing again, and to be honest I kind of really prefer the form to Blue.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

Frieza's gonna get knocked off the edge like a chump by Frost after he lets his guard down loving around

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, totally. What's CharlestonJew's problem? Now he's trying to troll by saying Frost will knock off Freeza??

As for this new theory about goku using SSG and Gohan being the one with a new power up: it could be true but that hair is seriously too long to be him, even with a transformation. Also its usually Goku that ends up shirtless, not Gohan. I guess we'll see.

I would prefer it to happen, though. I like the idea of Super Saiyan God being actually more powerful than SSB. SSB is just regular Super Saiyan but with God ki. Whereas Super Saiyan God is a whole new form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's pretty obviously goku with his hair standing up like he's about to go super saiyan