Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's Piccolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Frost is definitely gonna turn into alt-colors Cooler, revealing that he doesn't like this form because it's too much hassle to be the strongest being in the universe, right?

I would also accept it if he botches a fusion dance with Frieza and they turn into Fat Froza.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Andrast posted:

It's Piccolo

"Who's that Z Fighter?!"

IT'S PICCOLO!

"It's Yajirobe!"

GOD DAMMIT AUUUUUGHH

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Andrast posted:

It's Piccolo
PIccolo is empowered by whiteness?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blue Star posted:

Yeah, totally. What's CharlestonJew's problem? Now he's trying to troll by saying Frost will knock off Freeza??

As for this new theory about goku using SSG and Gohan being the one with a new power up: it could be true but that hair is seriously too long to be him, even with a transformation. Also its usually Goku that ends up shirtless, not Gohan. I guess we'll see.

I would prefer it to happen, though. I like the idea of Super Saiyan God being actually more powerful than SSB. SSB is just regular Super Saiyan but with God ki. Whereas Super Saiyan God is a whole new form.

gohans a man now so hes gonna lose his shirt

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gohan will lose his shirt, and then the fight because he's Gohan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think Goku's using super saiyan god because he's still mainly saving blue for Jiren

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I think Goku's using super saiyan god because he's still mainly saving blue for Jiren

wouldn't he have done that for the last couple times he went blue then

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if SSG retains its healing factor then i guess Goku will be using it to get a boost for his stamina/ki

aka he's cheating!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All this time I was under the impression that SSB was SSJ in SSG mode. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Is that not correct?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's what I thought it was too but I guess we'll find out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SSB is Fire Flower, SSG is Invincibility Star

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

All this time I was under the impression that SSB was SSJ in SSG mode. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Is that not correct?

In the manga, it's implied that's the case I think

In the movie, SSJGod is a mystical thing that can only be achieved through ritual

SSJBlue is what happens when you go SSJ using God Ki.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Burkion posted:

In the manga, it's implied that's the case I think

In the movie, SSJGod is a mystical thing that can only be achieved through ritual

SSJBlue is what happens when you go SSJ using God Ki.

That makes a lot more sense. In the anime at least, there's no way Super Saiyan God is somehow weaker or lower than SSB. Like another poster said, Goku straight up healed from a fatal wound and didn't seem to have a stamina issue. He's an actual god and not just using god ki as a mortal.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so super sayian god super saiyan is not going super saiyan while super saiyan god

like, looking back it kinda fits since vegeta just went straight to blue which was a little weird but not really touched on but christ way to make a stupid naming convention even stupider

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We all know how Goku works. He never goes straight to his strongest form. Not ever. He would have been using KaioKen against Buu if it didn't wreck his body so badly.

If SSJGod was something he could do whenever, you should absolutely believe he'd use that to fight against Hit before going SSJBlue.

So yeah, I think it's just the manga being stupid.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Burkion posted:

So yeah, I think it's just the manga being stupid.

Both versions are incredibly stupid.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

super saiyan god super saiyan was just a one-off joke and was pretty funny

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New form is what happens when a Super Saiyan God goes Super Saiyan God

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You might have to do the ritual everytime to achieve SSG hence why we haven't seen it again. And it seems to have a timer on it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Perhaps Goku has finally learned to make the power his own. He'll go SSG at-will like he does in the manga and will be able to be a real-deal God at will. Then, he gets jobbed and Gohan goes Super Sayian Ultimate Max Alpha Turbo 3 and defeat Zeno-sama in one punch.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Gohan is half human and there's at least 5 humans if we include the Androids. What if they use a human version of the food ritual to beef Gohan up to god form too?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

But Goku promised Vegeta next time there would be a ritual to give someone god power that he would be the one that got it.

He promised!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

This was four pages ago but I haven't gotten the chance to bask in its radiance yet.

Zamasu was wrong, we are worth saving. :unsmith:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

RBX posted:

You might have to do the ritual everytime to achieve SSG hence why we haven't seen it again. And it seems to have a timer on it.

You know, this means Super Saiyan God Cabba/Caulifla/Kale is on the table.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

I thought the guy who pretended to be Zamasu was trying a bit too hard but here we are.

Zamasu guy is cool.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

StrifeHira posted:

You know, this means Super Saiyan God Cabba/Caulifla/Kale is on the table.

The idea of a Legendary Super Saiyan God scares me a bit.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

Zamasu guy is cool.
Zamasu has always been cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

The idea of a Legendary Super Saiyan God scares me a bit.

Already done

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So how did Frieza train anyway? all i saw was RoF. Did he go to an la fitness?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

He beat the poo poo out of Tagoma repeatedly

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fargin Icehole posted:

So how did Frieza train anyway? all i saw was RoF. Did he go to an la fitness?

Push ups, sit ups, plenty of juice.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Does anyone have that tiny comic with Frieza working out in a sweatshirt? I was going to post it but apparently I've lost it

e: a bonus image from the same folder in good faith

Mr.Acula fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 12, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If it turns out that the Goku in that poster is actually Gohan, then Super is the best Dragon Ball ever and everyone loses their right to complain about anything in Super for ever.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
thats def not gohan

i dont think SSG will end up being stronger than SSB mainly because that'd be such a dramatically different story beat difference btwn the manga and anime. like ofc there have been differences, yeah, but nothing that huge.

also when did goku heal the wound in SSG? i only watched the movie and skipped a lot of the anime episodes, but i might not be remembering even if it happened in the movie lol

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

tbp posted:

thats def not gohan

i dont think SSG will end up being stronger than SSB mainly because that'd be such a dramatically different story beat difference btwn the manga and anime. like ofc there have been differences, yeah, but nothing that huge.

also when did goku heal the wound in SSG? i only watched the movie and skipped a lot of the anime episodes, but i might not be remembering even if it happened in the movie lol

Manga could just directly skip to whatever new form Goku is cooking up, because lets be honest there'll totally be one.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in the BoG adaptation in Super, Beerus put a hole in Goku that was explicitly shown to heal as Goku tapped more and more into the power

but now that someone suggested that Gohan was the one getting the power up I refuse to believe otherwise until proven wrong by the anime

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tbp posted:

thats def not gohan

In the Super adaptation, at one point Beerus gets bored with Goku because Goku isn't putting up enough of a fight, so he punches a hole in Goku's torso and sends him plummeting into the ocean from orbit. Goku muses internally about how excited he is that there's someone as insanely strong as Beerus out there and how something inside him is refusing to let him give up, the wound is covered in his red/gold flame aura and vanishes(with the hole in his gi still there so you can clearly see that the wound is gone), then Goku recovers and bursts out of the ocean and flies back up to orbit in an instant to continue fighting. Beerus is impressed.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Red God is def stronger than Blue.

If the Goku in the Goku poster turns out to be Goku, his "new" transformation will def be a perfected version of what he used in his last minutes of fight with Beerus, the "You have absorbed God's red and made it your own" thingy Beerus said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have a download link to episode 58 and 59 of Dragon Ball Z Adbridged. They are not on Youtube anymore and I can't find a way download the episodes from their website.