Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Gowasu was a lovely Kai who let Zamasu become a thing and I'm glad he's dead. No one cares about a U10 pewdiepie wannabe.

It's okay man you can cry with the rest of us, we all miss him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

http://youtubedoubler.com/lFJ4

:negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

http://youtubedoubler.com/lFJu

Fixed

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Maybe if Zamasu hadn't killed that Pterodactyl man he would have had descendants strong enough for U10 to survive

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It would have been neat to somehow have a heroic Babarian on the team to stick it to Zamasu but their race is a bit young to have god-level fighters I guess.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

:smith:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
drat it even has a really cool name...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

smashing the mf dislike on diary 31

:smith:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that is loving brutal

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The 0 views really sells it. :smith:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I do kinda wish Zamasu was around so we'd get an "I TOLD YOU SO" scene, cause Goku being the cause of this tournament is begging for it.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

If Dragon Ball Super was around ten years ago, Android 17 probably would have ended up being one of my favorite characters like, in general. Honestly, I wish DBS was around that long ago for a lot of reasons. Younger obsessed-with-dragon-ball me deserved something like Super. Now that I'm a cynical adult watching a children's cartoon, it's just not the same.

Android 17 is still cool, though.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Momomo posted:

I do kinda wish Zamasu was around so we'd get an "I TOLD YOU SO" scene, cause Goku being the cause of this tournament is begging for it.

goku literally saved billions of lives by having the tournament

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
also i wish that the fighters on u7 at least would take some degree of appreciable damage. u can take character models from now or the beginning of the fight and i'd have no idea which is which. its like they just been hanging

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

While we're on the topic of Zamasu, I just had a thought. If this tournament ends with U7 winning and using the super dragon balls to wish back all the other universes and people who were erased, do you think there's a chance of accidentally bringing him back too?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hope SSG ends up being the strongest form. It's way cooler than SSB.

Does anyone have a link to the shirt that was mentioned featuring the red SSG hair color, but the spiky SSJ hair?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gohan just punched a fat guy off his feet, I'unno why you all talking poo poo.

Also lol at the idea that the supposed tactical mind in U7 had a strategy to defeat a gimmick that boiled down to "get hit and hit back". Gohan is more of a brute than Goku, this is the second time in Super he goes "what if I just hit back harder?".

Oh, and apparently that thing is real. I wonder exactly what explanation we're gonna get for it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I mean, we already know Rosè is the next level. Goku going red seems like it could be the first step toward that. Meanwhile Gohan pursues a power not of the Gods, and Kale is right there.

extra row of teeth posted:

This was a great episode. The character development of Gohan was on full display but subtle at the same time. The locket scene and Gohan's reaction showed that he still cared about his opponent's fate, but had the balls to press on and continue fighting to protect his own family. I appreciate how Super has many moments like these that are subtle and don't try to hit you over the head with symbolism.

I liked how there was no mention of Videl or Pan. They actually trust the audience to fill in that gap on their own. We know Gohan is thinking of them without needing to be told.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Marathoned Super over the past few weeks and I'm surprised I like the series as much as I do. I thought it'd be just nostalgia baiting.

The Goku Black was my favourite arc, though. That level of smugness between both versions of Zamasu was something else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rosé is just Blue for Black, no?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Rosé is just Blue for Black, no?

Yes, Black even says as much IIRC.

Looking it up he even refers to Super Saiyan Blue as "what happens when someone surpasses a Super Saiyan God" which makes the SSB/SSG thing even more convoluted.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

tbp posted:

goku literally saved billions of lives by having the tournament

Everyone else still blamed Goku, and do you really think he'd shrug and go "that's just how it is" when Goku's team was directly responsible for them losing?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean, we already know Rosè is the next level. Goku going red seems like it could be the first step toward that. Meanwhile Gohan pursues a power not of the Gods, and Kale is right there.

I liked how there was no mention of Videl or Pan. They actually trust the audience to fill in that gap on their own. We know Gohan is thinking of them without needing to be told.

I thought they were seriously going to beat us over the head in the form of dialogue over that, but Gohan just sighing at the locket and having a moment of silence really surprised me.

Also, sorry, but Gowasu screwed up on Zamasu, and he sucks. I'm glad his godtube is gone, i said it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

tbh Universe 10 really missed a trick by not bringing back Fused Zamasu like Universe 7 brought back Frieza

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to miss pink elephant man.

Noticed rat guy was smiling when they got erased. All the other GoDs had sweat drops and looked disturbed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

multijoe posted:

tbh Universe 10 really missed a trick by not bringing back Fused Zamasu like Universe 7 brought back Frieza

They couldn't. Beyond not having Dragon Balls (Zamasu had no idea what they were), there's just nothing left of Fused Zamasu to bring back, he was completely erased and in another timeline at that. He's super dead.

Besides, even if Gowasu did that somehow, as far as I can see, gods are not allowed in the tournament.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

They couldn't. Beyond not having Dragon Balls (Zamasu had no idea what they were), there's just nothing left of Fused Zamasu to bring back, he was completely erased and in another timeline at that. He's super dead.

Besides, even if Gowasu did that somehow, as far as I can see, gods are not allowed in the tournament.

Now if he got Goku Black, that'd work.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Godtube wasn't the same anymore anyway, it got taken over by sellouts, jerks that stole other people's martial arts tournaments and just added lovely commentary over them, and crazy teenagers who wouldn't stop talking about killing all the ningen

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's nothing but reaction videos by the other kais.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Pewdiekai is pretty popular, though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's nothing but reaction videos by the other kais.

This is extremely on point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Pewdiekai

nice

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I guess U11 is gonna be down to just Jiren and Toppo after next episode.

I guess at least Dypso and the other guy are going to put some wounds on Hit and be taken down by Goku in a 'new'ish form but still a pretty disappointing showing so far for what felt like it was supposed to be the actual antagonist group of the section of the show

Also with the Yardrat's elimination this episode, Universe 2 is now the group with the third most Eliminations in the entire tournament at 2, behind 7, 6, (I have no idea what these are even at, 7 is well over 10 and 6 is probably close to 10) and directly above 9 with 1.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 13, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Universe 2 is cooler and has far more character to its members even though we've only really seen half of them, so I guess we know what thing Toei makes that they like more.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stallion Cabana posted:

I guess U11 is gonna be down to just Jiren and Toppo after next episode.

I guess at least Dypso and the other guy are going to put some wounds on Hit and be taken down by Goku in a 'new'ish form but still a pretty disappointing showing so far for what felt like it was supposed to be the actual antagonist group of the section of the show

Also with the Yardrat's elimination this episode, Universe 2 is now the group with the third most Eliminations in the entire tournament at 2, behind 7, 6, (I have no idea what these are even at, 7 is well over 10 and 6 is probably close to 10) and directly above 9 with 1.

Jiren and Toppo have been pretty much the only Pride Troopers who the show has been trying to sell as a threat for any real length of time, so it doesn't really surprise me that the rest of them are getting dunked.

I actually want Jiren to do something besides fold his arms and stare menacingly and maybe throw a single energy ball before loving off, because right now he's just a way less interesting and cool Hit to me. I care a lot more about Toppo because we got to see Toppo have a whole cool fight with his own unique fighting style back in the U9 vs U7 tournament, but Jiren hasn't made me care yet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder who's gonna fight toppo at the end

maybe gohan? freeza or vegeta are probably gonna job to jiren but I don't think toppo needs to beat anyone to prove he's a threat at this point

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also with the Yardrat's elimination this episode

Did I miss this? I thought he was still in?

EDIT: n/m im an idiot. The elimination he performed. Duh.

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 13, 2017

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait who did he eliminate? I actually missed this. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A U10 jobber, which lead to the Gohan fight.