Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Shindragon posted:

Wait who did he eliminate? I actually missed this. :v:

Some jobber from U10.

e: f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Well I mean, it shouldn't be possible to do that at all is what I'm saying. Then again, Botamo's gimmick is boring so who cares.

It works fine. Incoming overly long explanation:

The reason Gohan's punches managed to lift him off the ground, he had nothing to brace against to keep himself grounded. Tnis is also why the Kamehameha gave him the final push out of the ring.

That's why you see Gohan change the angle of his punches. Straight on and most of the kinetic energy is absorbed, all of the damage is negated, and what little force that actually gets applied is less than the force of Botamo's feet pushing against the ground. So he doesn't move. Punching at an upwards angle still has most of the kinetic energy negated (which is why he doesn't just go flying) but there's nothing for him to push against to stay on the ground. So his feet come off the ground. Once his feet are off the ground they can't push against the ground to keep him in place. And he couldn't hit Gohan with his ki blasts because he was too close in.

Ithought it was actually a pretty clever physics loophole the writers found in Botamo's powers and really does make Gohan look smart.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I wonder who's gonna fight toppo at the end

maybe gohan? freeza or vegeta are probably gonna job to jiren but I don't think toppo needs to beat anyone to prove he's a threat at this point

Gohan, if only for the Champion of Justice pose-off.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gohan v Toppo is gonna make Toppo realize that Goku isn't evil since his son is the symbol of justice for U7

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Has there been a new chart of who's eliminated and who's still in the ToP?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No joke, if Gohan produces the Sayiaman suit to fight Toppo

This will be the best arc ever

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Gohan v Toppo is gonna make Toppo realize that Goku isn't evil since his son is the symbol of justice for U7

The same son who put a frown on Cus' face and killed the bestest boy :colbert:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I am definitely feeling the Gohan V Toppo. They've got way too much similarity in their roles as 'not the strongest but counting as team leader' and their general stances on things for it to not feel like they're intentionally setting up a fight between them.

The thing is that Universe 7's top roster is loving stacked between Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Frezia, so the amount of people there actually are for them to fight seems super small, especially since it becomes more and more clear that the majority of universes are of a level of 'Goku could beat all of their fighters at once with his hand tied behind his back'. There must be a secret contender somewhere to go up against them but it may just end up being Goku V Jiren, Gohan V Toppo and then a bunch of repeat U6 v U7 fights.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Now I will be sorely disappointed if this does not happen.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if one of the universe 6 Namekians are a healer, would be nice for a team to have a medic

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The same son who put a frown on Cus' face and killed the bestest boy :colbert:

If Gohan survives this he is going to go home immediately and hug his wife and daughter and never stop crying for like hours. Nerd Dad is not happy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

he'll pull it out and get disqualified instantly for using tools

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480028958400

A new chapter of the Yamcha manga thing is out.
Not translated yet but here's raws.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

he'll pull it out and get disqualified instantly for using tools

The "If Zen'o thinks it's cool then it's ok" rule still applies as we saw last week's episode, and nothing is cooler than Great Saiyaman vs Pride Trooper Toppo

Plus it barely counts as a tool and more like a change of clothes. The Kamikaze Fireballs got one. Gohan just needs to pass it off as a transformation.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

tbp posted:

goku literally saved billions of lives by having the tournament

No. He moved Zen-O's timeline up from "some point in the future, at least 10,000 years from now if I remember." To "2 days and 48 minutes from now."

We know it was at least 10,000 years because we saw 10,000 years into U10's future. If not for Goku, Obuni's daughter's great great great great, dozens of times over, grandchildren would have had a chance to grow up and live a full life.

And that's assuming the objective was "destroy the bottom 8 universes" and not "destroy any universe below a 7." Because if it was the latter, Goku may have gotten MORE universes destroyed than would otherwise have been.

Of course, I still suspect the universes are just being merged.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm surprised the Hellzone Grenade actually worked, usually moves that result in large dust clouds are legally required to be shrugged off like nothing.

If the tournament does go off the rails eventually and the last couple contestants challenge the High Priest, I wonder if Gohan's gonna be the main instigator. So far he's the only one who showed a level of remorse for playing a part in annihilating countless lives when everyone else only displayed shock and disbelief.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm surprised the Hellzone Grenade actually worked, usually moves that result in large dust clouds are legally required to be shrugged off like nothing.

If the tournament does go off the rails eventually and the last couple contestants challenge the High Priest, I wonder if Gohan's gonna be the main instigator. So far he's the only one who showed a level of remorse for playing a part in annihilating countless lives when everyone else only displayed shock and disbelief.

I was 100% sure Piccolo would get faked out and hurt after his Hellzone Grenade too. Dragon Ball: we're surprised when non-Saiyan attacks work.

Also Goku keeps getting hosed in every single fight. Almost got squeezed outta the ring, almost got tornado'd to death and now almost ate a budget Hellzone Grenade.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dias posted:

I was 100% sure Piccolo would get faked out and hurt after his Hellzone Grenade too. Dragon Ball: we're surprised when non-Saiyan attacks work.

Also Goku keeps getting hosed in every single fight. Almost got squeezed outta the ring, almost got tornado'd to death and now almost ate a budget Hellzone Grenade.

I thought he was going to instant transmission out of the hellzone grenade, rather than 17 pulling off a repeat of his android barrier. Its nice that these things are unpredictable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pik_d posted:

I thought he was going to instant transmission out of the hellzone grenade, rather than 17 pulling off a repeat of his android barrier. Its nice that these things are unpredictable.

Me too, it felt like the obvious solution. Then it turns out he was just gonna take it because he's Goku and gently caress, I'll tank that poo poo for fun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If Goku actually got knocked out for real because he was phoning it in in base form I would laugh forever.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

multijoe posted:

If Goku actually got knocked out for real because he was phoning it in in base form I would laugh forever.

It would be the best ending of a show in history.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

The "If Zen'o thinks it's cool then it's ok" rule still applies as we saw last week's episode, and nothing is cooler than Great Saiyaman vs Pride Trooper Toppo

Plus it barely counts as a tool and more like a change of clothes. The Kamikaze Fireballs got one. Gohan just needs to pass it off as a transformation.

it was a joke

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Likewise good sir.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Does anyone actually enjoy watching Goku not fight properly in order to (in-universe) pad things out? 17 seems to be getting a lot of credit lately for doing the opposite so maybe it's not just me who finds it really annoying.

I watched the last two episodes but missed a big chunk before that , so maybe I'm wrong but this tournament seems ridiculously uneven with our team overwhelmingly superior (except baby Krillin). Goku needs to start fighting the heavens sooner rather than later to make things interesting. Maybe he'd even have to go super saiyan to do it!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

sassassin posted:

Does anyone actually enjoy watching Goku not fight properly in order to (in-universe) pad things out? 17 seems to be getting a lot of credit lately for doing the opposite so maybe it's not just me who finds it really annoying.

I watched the last two episodes but missed a big chunk before that , so maybe I'm wrong but this tournament seems ridiculously uneven with our team overwhelmingly superior (except baby Krillin). Goku needs to start fighting the heavens sooner rather than later to make things interesting. Maybe he'd even have to go super saiyan to do it!

You seemed to have missed the Goku and Vegeta vs the whole Universe 9 episode.

Or SSB Goku vs Berserk Kale episode.

You can probably get a lot of material to whine about from those 2 episodes if you are a power level kind of guy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sass come on man.

They literally discussed this. WE discussed this. If they wear themselves out going max power against everyone all the time, the really strong guys like Jiren who are doing poo poo all will roll them when the real fight comes.

The Androids explicitly call out why they can go ham 24/7

THey're loving cyborgs with infinite stamina and energy. They can always go ham

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480028958400

A new chapter of the Yamcha manga thing is out.
Not translated yet but here's raws.

I too enjoy, as google auto-translate calls it, "[Part 2] Dragon Ball Gaiden The matter which was Yamcha when I was incarnated"

Edit: Oh, so Chaotzu is another incarnation and finally takes logical advantage of his psyhic powers. Holy hell, this is the shlockest self-insert fanfiction I've ever seen officially endorsed and I've read the Aeneid.

Covok fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 13, 2017

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Is that the last issue? :qq:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am definitely feeling the Gohan V Toppo. They've got way too much similarity in their roles as 'not the strongest but counting as team leader' and their general stances on things for it to not feel like they're intentionally setting up a fight between them.

The thing is that Universe 7's top roster is loving stacked between Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Frezia, so the amount of people there actually are for them to fight seems super small, especially since it becomes more and more clear that the majority of universes are of a level of 'Goku could beat all of their fighters at once with his hand tied behind his back'. There must be a secret contender somewhere to go up against them but it may just end up being Goku V Jiren, Gohan V Toppo and then a bunch of repeat U6 v U7 fights.
I expect Universe 4 to get something. Ratboy felt a lot more insidious than all the other GoDs and he's gotten more attention than say, U2 or 3.
But also it's the only universe that doesn't have all its fighters revealed yet for some reason.

Dias posted:

Don't forget everyone repeating "HEY GOKU DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN" approximately 10 times now.
I almost hope he beats someone, depowers and gets hit again just so the entire rest of the cast can get pissed off at him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I would be very surprised if Freeza doesn't take on the U6 saiyans, probably Cabba. He will of course lose because he is Freeza.
As far as everyone else maybe Jiren will get off his rear end and just body half the team.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Adder Moray posted:

We know it was at least 10,000 years because we saw 10,000 years into U10's future.

The future existed in potentia only. The past, present and future of a universe exists as long as the universe exists, but erasing it removes them all. Think of it as a video file on your computer. It is twenty minutes long. You are two minutes in. You skip ahead to ten minutes in, then back to where you were previously. Then you delete the file. Deleting the file has removed the entire video, so even though you experienced what it was like at ten minutes, that does not mean the video will ever progress there naturally. Because it's gone now. Forever. Just like all the videos on Gowasu's channel. Like, comment, and subscribe no more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Burkion posted:

Sass come on man.

They literally discussed this. WE discussed this. If they wear themselves out going max power against everyone all the time, the really strong guys like Jiren who are doing poo poo all will roll them when the real fight comes.

The Androids explicitly call out why they can go ham 24/7

THey're loving cyborgs with infinite stamina and energy. They can always go ham

Yes, there are justifications both in-universe and in-production.

My question was "are you entertained?" Does this endear you to noble Son Goku, The Doom-Bringer, scourge of galaxies, harbinger of death?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ekusukariba posted:

I wonder if one of the universe 6 Namekians are a healer, would be nice for a team to have a medic

Doesn't Universe 6 have a guy who literally has Doctor in his name?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

a cartoon duck posted:

I'd honestly be shocked if Gohan didn't do this. I think the bigger question is, will Goku fulfill his earlier promise and rebel against the Gods, or will he be too into the idea of fighting strong fighters in the tournament to want to derail it?

It would definitely make the Pride Troopers more antagonistic if they sided with the Gods against Goku/Hit/Gohan etc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It would definitely make the Pride Troopers more antagonistic if they sided with the Gods against Goku/Hit/Gohan etc.

Is that justice?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Yes, there are justifications both in-universe and in-production.

My question was "are you entertained?" Does this endear you to noble Son Goku, The Doom-Bringer, scourge of galaxies, harbinger of death?

I'm fairly entertained

Especially by my mental image of Tien just watching all of these gently caress off God level super threats going down, and just thanking his lucky stars that he's not Krillin and thus a huge target

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Burkion posted:

I'm fairly entertained

Especially by my mental image of Tien just watching all of these gently caress off God level super threats going down, and just thanking his lucky stars that he's not Krillin and thus a huge target

Tien needs an episode like Krillin where he fights the Yardat from U2 and defeats them by using his superior fighting tactics.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rirse posted:

Doesn't Universe 6 have a guy who literally has Doctor in his name?

Yeah, Dr Rota/Rotor

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

multijoe posted:

That already sorta happened when he lost to Frost in the first tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, Dr Rota/Rotor

I imagine he's more of a Dr. Gero than he is a medical doctor.