Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Covok posted:

Tien needs an episode like Krillin where he fights the Yardat from U2 and defeats them by using his superior fighting tactics.

Only if he gets suckerpunched by Frost too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Yes, there are justifications both in-universe and in-production.

My question was "are you entertained?" Does this endear you to noble Son Goku, The Doom-Bringer, scourge of galaxies, harbinger of death?

You are an annoying idiot who claimed you stopped watching the show, so there's no particular reason for you to still be posting about watching it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rhjamiz posted:

I imagine he's more of a Dr. Gero than he is a medical doctor.

That'd be Paparoni from U3 though...who isn't actually called Doctor.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Super does little emotional beats really well, Gohan looking at the locket was a really good character moment

still though, Gowasu :smith:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

That'd be Paparoni from U3 though...who isn't actually called Doctor.

I mean that he's probably some sort of engineer or scientist and not a medical professional. When has anyone called Doctor in Dragon Ball ever actually been a medical doctor?

Edit: I mean with a name like "Rotor", he's probably an android.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Carlosologist posted:

Super does little emotional beats really well, Gohan looking at the locket was a really good character moment

still though, Gowasu :smith:

It's just so sad how he goes from being an acceptance of his death to finding a reason to live again to crushing despair and then agreeing again that he's going to die today. That mixed with his Angel also being sad made that more tragic than Universe 9. Especially since Universe 9 had no prior characterization while Gowasu was our favorite Godtuber.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Fuego Fish posted:

The future existed in potentia only. The past, present and future of a universe exists as long as the universe exists, but erasing it removes them all. Think of it as a video file on your computer. It is twenty minutes long. You are two minutes in. You skip ahead to ten minutes in, then back to where you were previously. Then you delete the file. Deleting the file has removed the entire video, so even though you experienced what it was like at ten minutes, that does not mean the video will ever progress there naturally. Because it's gone now. Forever. Just like all the videos on Gowasu's channel. Like, comment, and subscribe no more.

Not quite. Time in DBZ works more like multiple copies of the same file. Delete one and you still have the others. We saw that during the Goku Black arc.

We also know Zen-O cannot, or at least does not, erase universes across timelines. So while, yes, that future was only a potential one, it was still what 10,000 years forward in a future wherein Goku didn't start the tournament would look like.

If Goku had not had Zen-O start the tournament, either there would have been at least 10,000 years before he backspaced all universes, or universe 10 would have gotten their mortal level high enough to not be deleted. Either way you slice it, Goku's actions are responsible for the destruction of U10. Without him, it would still be there.

EDIT: So basically what I'm saying is, best case scenario, Goku breaks even for number of universes destroyed (assuming Zen-O in that timeline wiped out the other 7, unlikely given that U11 and 2 both had higher mortal levels than 10) while accelerating the the deadline.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 13, 2017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
But what happens if you use King Crimson in response to the universal deletion:thunk:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheHan posted:

I would be very surprised if Freeza doesn't take on the U6 saiyans, probably Cabba. He will of course lose because he is Freeza.
As far as everyone else maybe Jiren will get off his rear end and just body half the team.

Real talk: i wouldnt be surprised if Cabba fought Freeza and Freeza just beats the gently caress out of him while Vegeta watches. Vegeta wants to jump in and help Cabba but knows he shouldn't because theyre on different teams and Freeza is on his own team, but drat its hard to watch for him. Or maybe he does jump in and Freeza will laugh and say something about Saiyan sentimentality.

Then maybe Frost sneaks in and knocks Vegeta off the edge while he's distracted with Freeza. Freeza's like "oh how unfortunate LOL", then knocks Cabba off the edge.

Honestly not being antagonistic: i honestly think that'd be a good twist. Now Vegeta's gone and it's only Goku and Gohan and Freeza, and who the gently caress knows what Freeza's going to do next?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

You are an annoying idiot who claimed you stopped watching the show, so there's no particular reason for you to still be posting about watching it.

chill out

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

I did stop watching it.

But I'll dip back in when reviews are especially good.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Covok posted:

I too enjoy, as google auto-translate calls it, "[Part 2] Dragon Ball Gaiden The matter which was Yamcha when I was incarnated"

Edit: Oh, so Chaotzu is another incarnation and finally takes logical advantage of his psyhic powers. Holy hell, this is the shlockest self-insert fanfiction I've ever seen officially endorsed and I've read the Aeneid.

The ending of this is awesome.

And of course they tie it to Dokkan Battle, and Beerus/Champa having a dispute/game.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Blue Star posted:

Real talk: i wouldnt be surprised if Cabba fought Freeza and Freeza just beats the gently caress out of him while Vegeta watches. Vegeta wants to jump in and help Cabba but knows he shouldn't because theyre on different teams and Freeza is on his own team, but drat its hard to watch for him. Or maybe he does jump in and Freeza will laugh and say something about Saiyan sentimentality.

Then maybe Frost sneaks in and knocks Vegeta off the edge while he's distracted with Freeza. Freeza's like "oh how unfortunate LOL", then knocks Cabba off the edge.

Honestly not being antagonistic: i honestly think that'd be a good twist. Now Vegeta's gone and it's only Goku and Gohan and Freeza, and who the gently caress knows what Freeza's going to do next?

I can't see this happening for two reasons: one is that Freeza's whole reason for living is being beyond overconfident and then getting absolutely owned by the last person he expects. Plus Cabba is overdue for his big moment.

The second reason is that it'd be pretty much Videl vs Spopvich and nobody wants to retread that ground.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It'd be more like...well, like Goku VS Frieza before he turned Super Saiyan.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Adder Moray posted:

No. He moved Zen-O's timeline up from "some point in the future, at least 10,000 years from now if I remember." To "2 days and 48 minutes from now."

We know it was at least 10,000 years because we saw 10,000 years into U10's future. If not for Goku, Obuni's daughter's great great great great, dozens of times over, grandchildren would have had a chance to grow up and live a full life.

And that's assuming the objective was "destroy the bottom 8 universes" and not "destroy any universe below a 7." Because if it was the latter, Goku may have gotten MORE universes destroyed than would otherwise have been.

Of course, I still suspect the universes are just being merged.

universe 10 just won the tournament in that future

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tbp posted:

universe 10 just won the tournament in that future

Makes Sense. Goku wouldn't have been that strong without facing Zamasu.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
With Botamo out, who's going to cover Magetta's ears? :ohdear:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

It'd be more like...well, like Goku VS Frieza before he turned Super Saiyan.

I think it'd be a bit more like Vegeta VS Freeza

"Remember. Like a bitch."

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheHan posted:

I can't see this happening for two reasons: one is that Freeza's whole reason for living is being beyond overconfident and then getting absolutely owned by the last person he expects. Plus Cabba is overdue for his big moment.

The second reason is that it'd be pretty much Videl vs Spopvich and nobody wants to retread that ground.

Freeza's been learning and changing, though. Originally he was secure in his knowledge that he was the most powerful being in the universe, save for Beerus, so he didn't train or feel like he had to train. But then he got beat by Goku. When he got resurrected, he learned the lesson that he needed to actually train and put in the work to acquire true power, but he got overconfident again and didn't take the time to master his new level of power. But now he has learned to control his power and pace himself, and now has a much higher level of control and finesse. Notice how he can now stay in his fourth form, even though his fourth form is, like, 10,000x stronger than it was before. He probably will never need to go back to his first form ever again.

So we definitely see that Freeza-sama is learning. He doesn't keep making the same mistakes. He despises Goku but damnit he's been taking Goku's advice. So while he's still arrogant he isn't as stupidly overconfident as he was before. That doesn't mean he can't still get owned but he's been playing it very carefully so far. And frankly I dont think Cabba could own Freeza. Even in fourth form, Freeza is likely stronger than Cabba and Caulifaa as super saiyans. Maybe Caulifaa can hold her own against him if she learns super saiyan 3 (and learns how to control it and pace herself, it wouldnt surprise me if she learned how to use it better than Goku did or Gotenks did). But True Golden Freeza? Nah, only Kale and Hit could challenge him if he went golden.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I caught up with dragonball super and I'm all for our new antihero goku

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think someone asked for one of these a page or two ago

I think solo elims are one point, team ups divide the point equally, and saves are worth half a point, in his scoring.

The portrait numbers are someone's "place" they finished at when they were eliminated. So Krillin finished 65th because there were 64 people left when he was knocked off.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 14, 2017

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Namtab posted:

I caught up with dragonball super and I'm all for our new antihero goku

They even had goku do that scene they always do where the villain walks menacingly towards whoever they just knocked down.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Adder Moray posted:

Not quite. Time in DBZ works more like multiple copies of the same file. Delete one and you still have the others. We saw that during the Goku Black arc.

We also know Zen-O cannot, or at least does not, erase universes across timelines. So while, yes, that future was only a potential one, it was still what 10,000 years forward in a future wherein Goku didn't start the tournament would look like.

Careless time travel causes splinter timelines. In the box of time rings there were additional rings for each alternate timeline that had been created through irresponsible time travel. Gowasu stressed that it was meddling that caused fractured timelines, and a responsible kai could travel through time without causing problems.

Zamasu, as Black, used one of the alternate timeline rings to travel to the Future Trunks timeline to meet his parallel self, as the alternate Universe 10 had basically progressed exactly the same way except the Zamasu there had never met Goku since he was super dead at the time. Both of them had still arrived to the conclusion that filthy ningen must be destroyed, though.

(Black's possession of the alternate time ring is also why he hadn't ceased to be after Beerus nuked his past self.)

There's no reason to believe that Gowasu taking a brief jaunt to the future would create an entirely new timeline, especially after the whole "this doesn't create a new timeline" speech he gave immediately before doing it. Nor does Zamasu blowing up a future guy create a new timeline. That's the future, not the past. The events have not been written until they happen.

So the future Universe 10 we saw was, yes, technically a future where the tournament didn't happen. But it was also a future where it was going to be erased without the tournament happening, not in 10,000 years time but in whatever time frame Zen-O decided. Because, again, the erasure of the universe is not an event that happens within the universe itself. When you delete a file, even a copy of a file, you can't fast-forward to the point in the file where it's deleted.

Don't make me draw a Zybourne Clock diagram of how this works.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Careless time travel causes splinter timelines. In the box of time rings there were additional rings for each alternate timeline that had been created through irresponsible time travel. Gowasu stressed that it was meddling that caused fractured timelines, and a responsible kai could travel through time without causing problems.

Zamasu, as Black, used one of the alternate timeline rings to travel to the Future Trunks timeline to meet his parallel self, as the alternate Universe 10 had basically progressed exactly the same way except the Zamasu there had never met Goku since he was super dead at the time. Both of them had still arrived to the conclusion that filthy ningen must be destroyed, though.

(Black's possession of the alternate time ring is also why he hadn't ceased to be after Beerus nuked his past self.)

There's no reason to believe that Gowasu taking a brief jaunt to the future would create an entirely new timeline, especially after the whole "this doesn't create a new timeline" speech he gave immediately before doing it. Nor does Zamasu blowing up a future guy create a new timeline. That's the future, not the past. The events have not been written until they happen.

So the future Universe 10 we saw was, yes, technically a future where the tournament didn't happen. But it was also a future where it was going to be erased without the tournament happening, not in 10,000 years time but in whatever time frame Zen-O decided. Because, again, the erasure of the universe is not an event that happens within the universe itself. When you delete a file, even a copy of a file, you can't fast-forward to the point in the file where it's deleted.

Don't make me draw a Zybourne Clock diagram of how this works.

Imagine four dragonballs on the edge of a cliff.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm calling it now, this Tournament gets hijacked by dark zeno

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I just realized, where or who is U1?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

JDRockefeller posted:

They're one of the high-quality universes and are not participating in the tournament

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JDRockefeller posted:

It's the one with the furby GoD and the kai that is basically pink Shin. It has the highest mortal level and is exempt.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I got a more or less interesting question: where the hell is Tien?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He defeated THE PREECHO with Roshi. Roshi is fighting a U4 member episode after next (in what sounds like it could be kind of a cringey episode), so he'll probably be around then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Probably got knocked out without anyone noticing or caring.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably with Master Roshi, I mean he did Kiohogofuckyourself someone off the stage and then bounced back into the background with him.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm telling you guys, he's off playing cards with 18, Frost and the other Off Screen Regulars.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

IcePhoenix posted:

I think someone asked for one of these a page or two ago

I think solo elims are one point, team ups divide the point equally, and saves are worth half a point, in his scoring.

The portrait numbers are someone's "place" they finished at when they were eliminated. So Krillin finished 65th because there were 64 people left when he was knocked off.

lol 23 Eliminations by Universe 10.

I knew it was skewed by not that skewed.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Tien and the rest established a designated smoking area and are just hanging out

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tien is in the corner listening to "jumper" on his ipod

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roshi should fight one of the piccolos

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stallion Cabana posted:

lol 23 Eliminations by Universe 10.

I knew it was skewed by not that skewed.

From a narrative standpoint it sort of makes sense, as they're clearly being targeted by the other universes because "this is Goku's fault."

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star posted:

Freeza's been learning and changing, though. Originally he was secure in his knowledge that he was the most powerful being in the universe, save for Beerus, so he didn't train or feel like he had to train. But then he got beat by Goku. When he got resurrected, he learned the lesson that he needed to actually train and put in the work to acquire true power, but he got overconfident again and didn't take the time to master his new level of power. But now he has learned to control his power and pace himself, and now has a much higher level of control and finesse. Notice how he can now stay in his fourth form, even though his fourth form is, like, 10,000x stronger than it was before. He probably will never need to go back to his first form ever again.

So we definitely see that Freeza-sama is learning. He doesn't keep making the same mistakes. He despises Goku but damnit he's been taking Goku's advice. So while he's still arrogant he isn't as stupidly overconfident as he was before. That doesn't mean he can't still get owned but he's been playing it very carefully so far. And frankly I dont think Cabba could own Freeza. Even in fourth form, Freeza is likely stronger than Cabba and Caulifaa as super saiyans. Maybe Caulifaa can hold her own against him if she learns super saiyan 3 (and learns how to control it and pace herself, it wouldnt surprise me if she learned how to use it better than Goku did or Gotenks did). But True Golden Freeza? Nah, only Kale and Hit could challenge him if he went golden.

Frieza stayed in first form before to hide his power because he never needed more. It wasn't to control it. It was more of an intimidation thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

IcePhoenix posted:

From a narrative standpoint it sort of makes sense, as they're clearly being targeted by the other universes because "this is Goku's fault."

Also it's been made painfully clear that U7's general fighting power is miles ahead of the the general fighting power of the vast majority of the other universes. Goku and Vegeta fought almost the entirety of U9 on their own and pretty much stomped on them with minimal effort, not even needing to bust out their actual tricks to dunk them all. The Androids have spent the last several episodes demonstrating pretty much effortless superiority, Freeza's only appearances so far have been showing off how he's so far ahead of most of the competition that he can intimidate them into submission without even using Golden form, and that's not even touching on whatever Gohan's been cooking up. Hell, Piccolo is probably way ahead of most of these guys, since he singlehandedly beat one of the last remaining fighters from U10 nearly instantly.