Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's how far above Gohan is compared to others.

Gohan let himself get pummeled as hard as the strongest warrior of Warrior 10 could pummel him until he exhausted himself- and was completely fine!

Gohan literally let the guy beat the poo poo out of him Homer Simpson style.

Universe 7 is a nightmare universe

And never forget, one of the strongest and greatest of their universe sat the tournament out because he wanted to take a goddamn nap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Burkion posted:

Gohan let himself get pummeled as hard as the strongest warrior of Warrior 10 could pummel him until he exhausted himself- and was completely fine!

And never forget, one of the strongest and greatest of their universe sat the tournament out because he wanted to take a goddamn nap

This may be true and it may even be logical but that doesn't always make for thrilling television.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Stallion Cabana posted:

This may be true and it may even be logical but that doesn't always make for thrilling television.

At the same time, Universe 7 not getting to fight and win a lot is equally disappointing of an idea. This is the wave of mooks for cool fights, and soon we'll get to the heavy duty stakes.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If every other universe has their own story, then everyone's been fighting off the Krillin equivalents so far. For the most part they're not fighting the other Krillins though, or trying to take on multiple people like idiots.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For better or for worse, we will never know how much stronger than the competition Krillin is.

I do wonder if the voice actress's commitment to One Piece meant they could only dedicate so much time to DBS, though.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Cus becoming heartbroken is the saddest thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

"average persons power level is 3,000" factoid actualy just statistical error. average persons power level is 0. Son Goku, who lives in a chamber & has over 10,000 fights each day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Can you imagine how insane Buu being in the tournament and just absorbing everyone would be?

Oh they're not dead I'll just eat them all steal their power and then eliminate myself and every other universe at the same time.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The Bee posted:

At the same time, Universe 7 not getting to fight and win a lot is equally disappointing of an idea. This is the wave of mooks for cool fights, and soon we'll get to the heavy duty stakes.

Not really, you'd expect Universe 7 to have to struggle against a huge amount of tough opponents and only come out on top by the skin of their teeth, that's dramatic. Instead they just end up curb-stomping all-comers and the very concept of the arc feels like a bit of a waste if the only particularly dangerous opponents end up being Jiren, Hit (if even) and Kale.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

khwarezm posted:

Not really, you'd expect Universe 7 to have to struggle against a huge amount of tough opponents and only come out on top by the skin of their teeth, that's dramatic. Instead they just end up curb-stomping all-comers and the very concept of the arc feels like a bit of a waste if the only particularly dangerous opponents end up being Jiren, Hit (if even) and Kale.

But it's only been like 15 minutes right? Not yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can only speak for myself but yeah, I got way less interested in the actual ToP once it became clear that Universe 7 is going to spend most of the runtime clowning on the other universes.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Universe 7 needed everyone to shine somewhat because they are the main characters and everyone wants to see their favorites do *something*. The eliminations will probably start in a couple of weeks, and probably quickly after they begin. This is basically the prelims and round 1s of the Budokai.

Same reason that Winnie the Pooh is the only character eliminated from his universe so far.

It probably is going to end like the end credits show. Goku and Gohan vs. an assortment of the top rest from other universes, with them as underdogs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shinjobi posted:

I do wonder if the voice actress's commitment to One Piece meant they could only dedicate so much time to DBS, though.

Considering both are Toei shows and likely recorded in the same place, I doubt it.

Krillin was KOed first and fast because he's Krillin, his job is to suffer for our amusement.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering both are Toei shows and likely recorded in the same place, I doubt it.

Krillin was KOed first and fast because he's Krillin, his job is to suffer for our amusement.

The best part was the episode is named, Show them Krillin's True Power.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darko posted:

Universe 7 needed everyone to shine somewhat because they are the main characters and everyone wants to see their favorites do *something*. The eliminations will probably start in a couple of weeks, and probably quickly after they begin. This is basically the prelims and round 1s of the Budokai.

Same reason that Winnie the Pooh is the only character eliminated from his universe so far.

Yeah we're in the "fight a bunch of dumb mooks to show everyone's coolness off" part. Basically everyone who has been eliminated so far from the other universes has been a total nobody or a C-list fighter who nobody expected to accomplish anything like the Trio de Dangers. They've been pretty studiously avoiding really conclusive fights between U6 and U7, have kept Ribrianne from really fighting anyone yet, Jiren and Toppo are still jerking off somewhere "saving their power" and not doing poo poo all yet, U4 hasn't really done anything yet despite its GoD apparently really hating Beerus, etc.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Like the Grand Priest said a couple episodes ago, most of the riffraff have been cleared out. Just because everyone in this tournament is the 10 strongest fighters of that universe doesn't mean there can't be huge gaps in power between those who have already been knocked out and those still in. U7 is a great example, the power gap between Tien and Goku is just ridiculous, I imagine it's the same for other universes, like how Botamo is nowhere close to Hit's or Kale's level.

A lot of the stronger fighters are also being pretty smart and just holding back and letting the dumbasses from U7 and 6 knock out most of the fighters and tire themselves out. I imagine all of the fighting Goku has done thus far is gonna start biting him since we've still got over 30 mins left to go and he doesn't seem like he's stopping to let others fight any time soon. Like Goku's gonna be in SSG before the tournament is not even 25% done, I think he's fighting too much and powering up too quickly, especially against fighters he should be letting other members of his team fight so he can go all out against the really strong guys.

I also imagine things are gonna get a lot more intense and desperate as the time runs down and the number of fighters dwindle, we might start seeing some real last minute attacks and forms as victory for a universe is in reach.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Any bets on which universes bite it next? My Money is on 3 or 4.

tbh, I can see almost all of these universes getting erased, but I can't see them erasing 6. We've had too much investment in them I think?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Does Goku have some kind of plan based around demonstrating he can't keep his guard up, but he's secretly become super observant? Or is he really stupid? Both?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I think he's lost his fight sense, if he ever had it. He hasn't been properly challenged in years, and that was Cell, which he handed off. Gold Frieza he was able to out-power. with added reset. Whis has been training him but not fighting him-we've seen him resort to biting, the last he did that was Buu, and before again back in Dragon Ball. Goku's got absurd power and reserves, but he doesn't understand pacing himself anymore. Then again, given the nature of his fights, he's always had to give everything because it's all on the line, and such.

Everyone's telling him the same thing, but he keeps going along, figuring it'll work out and/or someone else will work out what needs doing so he can do it, or help out. Well, that's the nature of Monkey, I guess. Irrepressible fight-loving. Anyone who's willing to literally get themselves killed to figure out someone's trick...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

OB_Juan posted:

Does Goku have some kind of plan based around demonstrating he can't keep his guard up, but he's secretly become super observant? Or is he really stupid? Both?

He's always been the same. He's too relaxed and constantly lets his guard down.

He's really stupid, basically. Whis called him out on it, but he didn't listen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku is on the final stretch of his long con to kill the gods for Justice.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bloodly posted:

I think he's lost his fight sense, if he ever had it. He hasn't been properly challenged in years, and that was Cell, which he handed off. Gold Frieza he was able to out-power. with added reset. Whis has been training him but not fighting him-we've seen him resort to biting, the last he did that was Buu, and before again back in Dragon Ball. Goku's got absurd power and reserves, but he doesn't understand pacing himself anymore. Then again, given the nature of his fights, he's always had to give everything because it's all on the line, and such.

Everyone's telling him the same thing, but he keeps going along, figuring it'll work out and/or someone else will work out what needs doing so he can do it, or help out. Well, that's the nature of Monkey, I guess. Irrepressible fight-loving. Anyone who's willing to literally get themselves killed to figure out someone's trick...

I think a big part of Super is showing that Goku is getting that fight sense back. Back when Whis was training him he said the most important part was being able to move your body without thinking, and we've had a few episodes of Goku training and succeeding to do just that.

I think everyone telling him to keep his guard up might be a translation thing? Like everyone's giving a generic "hey do your best, watch your back out there, etc." and it just keeps getting translated as "keep your guard up!"

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kithkar posted:

Any bets on which universes bite it next? My Money is on 3 or 4.

tbh, I can see almost all of these universes getting erased, but I can't see them erasing 6. We've had too much investment in them I think?

3, Robot universe doesn't seem to have much personality and their two main guys seem to already be gone (though Paparoni could put up a fight). Additionally its hard to get emotionally connected to a team of bolt buckets whose Kai is an arrogant prick and GoD needs a translator.

After that 4, Quitela seems to have lots of dirty tricks still up his sleeves, but dirty tricks never win and there's no way that a character who's that much of a dick will make it to the end.

I think if there isn't some swerve to resurrect all of the other universes that it will come down to the pairings of 11 and 2, as well as 6 and 7. 11 have had it rough recently so they'll play it safe, I'm not sure what will happen to Dyspo but I think the other pride trooper seen in the next episode will go down before him. I think if they were done with universe 2 they would have just eliminated Rozie and Ribrianne this episode, but I'd say they're being kept around to strut their stuff for later. 2 also seems much more positive and heroic than most of the other universes, what with the constant appeals to love and harmony, and they've been on the backfoot in recent episodes(before Jimeze teleported Ribrianne and Rozie away Goku and 17 really felt like villain characters about to finish off the heroes) but are still mostly intact so I'll guess they'll go to the end and be a part of the final showdown. Whatever happens 6 and 7 are guaranteed to survive this, or at least their team will.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
All the jobber universes will get erased, then we get our big showdown with Goku and Jiren before the tournament goes off the rails, and then everyone turns against Zen-oh/Grand Priest.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My guess it will come down to 6 and 7, and Jiren as the lone U11 rep. I have a feeling no one else from 7 is gonna get knocked out for awhile because they've been reusing the animations of U7 shots with Beerus, Whis, Old Kai, Shin and Krillin, and don't want to reanimate someone else in there :v:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
But what difference would it make if they turned on Zen-Oh/Grand Priest? Angels can turn back time, so as long as one of them doesn't get killed, they could just rewind time back to safety. Then Zen-Oh could just erase any troublemakers on the spot, before they even had the opportunity to start throwing punches. They're in a checkmate situation.

Goku using the Super Dragon Balls to wish back the deleted universes seems like the most likely ending.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am 100% convinced that Goku is going to bring back the universes with the wish and he's going to convince Zen-Oh that he should let them stay around as this will allow for more fights in the future. This will keep Goku and Zen-Oh entertained.

Goku's fight boner will come full circle and save the multiverse.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think it'll come down to Gohan as the last U7 guy. They've been hyping up him as team leader and his alternate powerup path beyond Super Saiyan. It'll be something he and Piccolo unlocked and kept under wraps.

And yeah, all those destroyed Universes are either going to be fused into one or brought back. There are too many cool characters introduced (basically all of U6, the Pride Troopers, Gowasu) to just wipe them out.

A Fancy Hat fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 14, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Jedah posted:

But what difference would it make if they turned on Zen-Oh/Grand Priest? Angels can turn back time, so as long as one of them doesn't get killed, they could just rewind time back to safety. Then Zen-Oh could just erase any troublemakers on the spot, before they even had the opportunity to start throwing punches. They're in a checkmate situation.

Goku using the Super Dragon Balls to wish back the deleted universes seems like the most likely ending.

Who's to say that the Angels don't join in on the rebellion? We've seen at least one distraught over the erasure of their universe.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is everyone overlooking that wishing back the erased universes and merging them into one is 2 wishes?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

My hope is u6 wins and Champa wishes back u7 as a payback to his big bro burning his wish on him earlier :kimchi:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Monaghan posted:

I am 100% convinced that Goku is going to bring back the universes with the wish and he's going to convince Zen-Oh that he should let them stay around as this will allow for more fights in the future. This will keep Goku and Zen-Oh entertained.

Goku's fight boner will come full circle and save the multiverse.

It's 100% going to be U7 wins and then not even getting to the dragon balls, Zeno(s) will be like "we can't wait for the next one!" and then as soon as anyone is like "But you deleted all the universes" he just claps his hands and brings them all back.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bloodly posted:

Did you miss his fights with Hit? Both of those fights tested his ability to read and adapt to an opponent more than almost any fight he ever had, and the only way he was able to even match Hit in the U6 vs U7 tournament was to break out an untested powerup that could have killed him if he hosed it up.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kithkar posted:

It's 100% going to be U7 wins and then not even getting to the dragon balls, Zeno(s) will be like "we can't wait for the next one!" and then as soon as anyone is like "But you deleted all the universes" he just claps his hands and brings them all back.

This would be the worst. I'm banking on it being more like the other theory, that Zeno is just shunting everybody into a single clusterfuck universe to clear space in his God Closet, and he's maintaining the kayfabe of killing everybody because he's a horrible child who thinks it will be a fun surprise.

Then Toei can recycle a bunch of weird ideas from the DBZ MMO in this new hosed up super universe where like 8 different planet earths are mashed together and the Saiyan homeworld still exists.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think it'll come down to Gohan as the last U7 guy. They've been hyping up him as team leader and his alternate powerup path beyond Super Saiyan. It'll be something he and Piccolo unlocked and kept under wraps.

And yeah, all those destroyed Universes are either going to be fused into one or brought back. There are too many cool characters introduced (basically all of U6, the Pride Troopers, Gowasu) to just wipe them out.

Gohan is not going to outshine Goku. I'd be surprised if he outshines Vegeta.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I do kinda feel we're a bit overdue for another U7 ring-out just to raise the stakes again now that half the contestants are gone. Who was next on the OP theory elimination order again?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't think "people fight the literal God of Everything that obliterates realities with a thought but is also a 5-year-old child" is what DBS is gonna pull off, but I'm kinda feeling a schism between angels happening. I'm not sure if they're gonna go for anything there either, but there was a VAST difference between how furry universe and U10's angels reacted to their dudes getting erased from reality. Plus the angels feel a bit more realistic as overpowered enemies and not just audience stand-ins (I still think Zeno is basically the average kid watching Super and doesn't give a gently caress about implications because he just wants to see their pal Goku punch random jobbers).

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Neo_Crimson posted:

Who's to say that the Angels don't join in on the rebellion? We've seen at least one distraught over the erasure of their universe.

If all the Angels rebelled together, they'd have much more of a fighting chance, yeah. Still, Whis seems loyal to his dad and counter-part angels above his own universe (even though he loves Earth food).

And this also makes me wonder if Zen-Oh can even receive damage. He's probably a gimmick character who would just bounce around off the walls and go "yay! I'm having fun!" Plus, now there's two of them. Unless you defeat both of them simultaneously, the other one will just insta-delete any rebels.

Super Dragon Balls are definitely the best way to fix the situation.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm guessing that the Great Priest is gonna be the big bad at the end, given that he seems to be the one actively suggesting that the universes gotta go. Zen-oh is more or less just along for the ride and doing what he thinks is fun.

Plus he's actually theoretically beatable, unlike Zen-Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodly posted:

He wasnt able to overpower Golden Freeza. Freeza was smacking him around easily in RoF. Only once Freeza started running out of juice did the tide turn, but when both were at 100% max, Goku was simply outmatched. And since then Freeza has taken care of his lack of stamina and has likely gotten a tad bit stronger too.

And apart from Freeza, Goku's been challenged by Beerus, Hit, Goku Black, etc. Guys that really made him give it his all and apply everything he's learned.