Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Does 'pure spirits' mean that the people's spirits are pure, or that most of them are disembodied ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pureauthor posted:

Does 'pure spirits' mean that the people's spirits are pure, or that most of them are disembodied ghosts?

:iiam:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

loving told you

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

I read it fast the first time and thought it could only be the latter, which would make for a very unusual universe.

Reading it more calmly, it's likely the former. It's an Universe where everyone is immune to the Devilmite Beam.

...Which isn't neccesarily good, since people with Pure Hearts include Zamasu, Kid Buu and Goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if anything it's another hosed up/funny aspect of dragon ball cosmology

the entire divine bureaucracy apparatus exists only to keep a nebulously defined "quality" of mortals up to an arbitrary standard to appease...well, no one because Zeno doesn't really seem to care so it must just be The Way Things Are.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

if anything it's another hosed up/funny aspect of dragon ball cosmology

the entire divine bureaucracy apparatus exists only to keep a nebulously defined "quality" of mortals up to an arbitrary standard to appease...well, no one because Zeno doesn't really seem to care so it must just be The Way Things Are.

I hope/believe that before the end of the series we're going to be introduced to Zeno's doting mom.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Also calling it. When someone from 7 inevitably wins, one of them wishes for 10 million zeni, they mishear it as 10 million zeno

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

It's probably all based on some grand concept of divine balance/karma that even the highest of gods are beholden to. A lot of Eastern settings are based around this.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 18, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pureauthor posted:

I hope/believe that before the end of the series we're going to be introduced to Zeno's doting mom.
There's gonna be somewhere where the universes come from. I would not be shocked if it turns out that all this fightbeefery is fueling the creation of new universes, somehow.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nessus posted:

There's gonna be somewhere where the universes come from. I would not be shocked if it turns out that all this fightbeefery is fueling the creation of new universes, somehow.

theres a gachapon in zenos room

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
zenos is real deep into dokkan battle

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pureauthor posted:

Nah, it'll be his lazy dad, who put the kid in charge so he wouldn't have to work. Good ol' Toribot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

Herms is translating a bunch of stuff on twitter tonight including the new manga chapter, which is Vegeta focused

also in case anyone thinks mortal level still has to do with power level the WSJ scans have blurbs on the universes exempt from the tournament, saying U1's level is so high because most of its population are pure spirits, while U8 (the fox god of destruction's universe) actively destroys anything that might lower its level

Tear it all down.

Come on, Goku, kill all these gods.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

StrifeHira posted:

Nah, it'll be his lazy dad, who put the kid in charge so he wouldn't have to work. Good ol' Toribot.

Sorta this, but instead it's the dad or an older brother who wanted to take a vacations because he's been doing this for thousands of millennia and he deserves a break every now and then. He left Zeno in charge because he'll be gone 2000 years tops, how much damage could he do in that time? He'll come back right after a universe that made something he really likes is erased, and straighten everything out. The High Priest is the royal vizier wanting to usurp the throne, and this was his way of shaping the universe in his image. As an added twist, he'll be the type of laid-back guy that gets along with Goku really well, but does have enough responsibility to realize what is and isn't a good idea.

Blockhouse posted:

Herms is translating a bunch of stuff on twitter tonight including the new manga chapter, which is Vegeta focused

also in case anyone thinks mortal level still has to do with power level the WSJ scans have blurbs on the universes exempt from the tournament, saying U1's level is so high because most of its population are pure spirits, while U8 (the fox god of destruction's universe) actively destroys anything that might lower its level

I'm really happy about this, because I want some of the higher mortal level universes to be filled with people who ain't worth poo poo in a fight. Just give me a universe full of weak nerds who can't make anything to protect themselves from danger. But it's okay, our GoD will eliminate anything that could become a danger.

And to tie it into the above point, this meddling is actually lowering the ranking of the universe in the Above-Zeno guy's eye because he wanted the mortals to evolve how to overcome challenges on their own.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Does Super Saiyan Black Goku have cat eyes? He actually looks evil as gently caress.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TheHan posted:

Does Super Saiyan Black Goku have cat eyes? He actually looks evil as gently caress.

Goku is infected by Zamasu!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

goku's final form is the night man

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

the terror we must all confront is realizing that for more than 20 years, Goku has been looking us in the eye with that goddamn smile and saying with no lie

"This isn't even my final form."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sassassin posted:

Tear it all down.

Come on, Goku, kill all these gods.

There is roughly a zero percent chance of this happening.

I will be stunned if this doesn't end with Goku just teaching Zeno not to erase universes anymore and then we move onto another villain-focused arc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta will look better in that form than Goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like the new form is basically a revision of Goku's classic maxed-out Kaio-Ken look from his battles with Vegeta and Frieza which imo is his best look after the classic Super Saiyan debut with the angular dark-gold hair. I'm curious if he's been sitting on it the whole time though or it's a breakthrough at a desperate moment, if it turns out he could have done it the whole time I'm expecting him still to job pretty hard by the end.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Considering his shirt is gone, this has to be a desperation thing.

He's only lost his shirt like this in his most dire of fights, with Vegeta and Freezer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Blockhouse posted:

I will be stunned if this doesn't end with Goku just teaching Zeno not to erase universes anymore and then we move onto another villain-focused arc.
I suspect it'll be more complex than that, but I doubt Zen-chan is gonna be the bad guy Goku punches while grimly swearing to bring down the heavens.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Burkion posted:

Considering his shirt is gone, this has to be a desperation thing.

He's only lost his shirt like this in his most dire of fights, with Vegeta and Freezer.

Ill actually spoilertag things for people who don't want to be spoiled yet:
Nah, they will just do one of the few things DBZ hasn't done often for anime: Your transformation ripping off your clothes

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pureauthor posted:

It means they all sit around and sing koobahyah while smoking weed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

I'm not so sure.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
goku vs the gods will be amazing. its such a callback to the journey to the west roots.

count me in in loving the new "form" - ripped shirt goku always looks sick cuz it's when hes been pushed incredibly far, one thing i dont really like about super is how pristine they all look at all times

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wukong's rampage against the heavens ended with Buddha slapping his poo poo, lest we forget.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe they'll pull a Nobunaga the Fool and it'll turn out Goku's soul is actually a reincarnated Son Wukong from Journey to the West, and now he's seeking revenge now that memories of his past life have returned.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i dunno why people think it's a given u7 wins. gokes and friends couldn't even beat zamasu

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Condiv posted:

i dunno why people think it's a given u7 wins. gokes and friends couldn't even beat zamasu

cause u7 isn't gonna win.

Lets go u6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair, they couldn't beat zamasu because he was a) literally immortal and b) goku

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The problem I see with Goku killing the gods is that the king of the Gods is a four-year-old child. Having Goku curb stomp a kid until the kid's skull is in pieces on the floor is a bit much for the series.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

The problem I see with Goku killing the gods is that the king of the Gods is a four-year-old child. Having Goku curb stomp a kid until the kid's skull is in pieces on the floor is a bit much for the series.

that's why frieza is going to use the super dragon balls to wish that he was the King Of Everything instead of the zeno twins

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Covok posted:

Recoome.webm

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Or the multiple other times that child Gohan got the piss kicked out of him.

That said, Zeno hasn't been portrayed as actively malicious, just a naive child who doesn't really get what he's doing. I doubt that's the kind of dude Goku would want to punch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kanos posted:

That said, Zeno hasn't been portrayed as actively malicious, just a naive child who doesn't really get what he's doing. I doubt that's the kind of dude Goku would want to punch.

Yeah this is my point.

Zeno is at best Fat Buu levels of evil. He'll be befriended and talked down. That's it. Anyone expecting some dramatic rage against the heavens has forgotten what show they're watching.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah this is my point.

Zeno is at best Fat Buu levels of evil. He'll be befriended and talked down. That's it. Anyone expecting some dramatic rage against the heavens has forgotten what show they're watching.

I dunno, I could see a fight against the Grand Priest or some other part of the divine bureaucracy status quo in the offing. There's been a whole lot of hints dropped that Goku isn't terribly happy with the proverbial Sword of Damocles dangling over everyone's head that it would actually feel kind of weird if nothing of the sort happened.

Definitely not going to have Goku punt Zeno's head like a football, though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kanos posted:

The important thing to remember is that those were all done by villains. It would be too much for a hero to do that.

And, if you bring up Vegeta, he kneed Gohan's face when he was an anti-hero, not a hero-hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's also the fact that Super is straight up not allowed to be as violent as Z ever was. Remember when it was a big deal that Vegeta got stabbed by Black because there was blood?