Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the beginning of this arc began with an explanation by Whis that power isn't just physical strength the way Goku has interpreted it his whole life, but this tournament is just that. I'm waiting to see where they take that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am still $10 down with no reservations that by the end of this Goku will be punching the Grand Priest and likely the exempt Destroyers and some angels, but not that it'll end in Zen-chan crumpled like a soda can, it's clear he's literally a child with no clear grasp idea of the consequences and will probably be shuffled aside to even allow anyone to fight without ultraerasure

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The reason I can't see Goku fighting the Grand Priest is because it makes no sense with the other things we've been told.

They don't want Goku surpassing Beerus, at least openly; that's been clear a bunch of times that while Vegito might be stronger then Beerus or whatever, neither Goku and Vegeta are going to be ending up stronger then Beerus or Whis anytime soon. And if they aren't going to be stronger then Whis, how could they be stronger then his Dad, who is noted to be even stronger then Whis is.

It's entirely possible they're changing that, admittedly, so that may stop being relevant, but it seems they want to at least slightly draw out Goku inevitably surpassing the Grand Priest or whatever; since there's been talk about how there are mortals that are stronger then their GoDs.

But maybe it'll just end with Beerus going 'oh poo poo Goku's stronger then me now I guess I have to train again' after the Tournament.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

But maybe it'll just end with Beerus going 'oh poo poo Goku's stronger then me now I guess I have to train again' after the Tournament.

it's this and you drat well know it, this is dragon ball of course Goku has already surpassed Beerus with the *endless* comments of "wow is he stronger than a GoD" [Beerus throws cat poo poo in screaming denial]

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No I seriously think he hasn't.

I think Beerus is mad at people thinking Goku is on his level because he doesn't want people to think he's that weak. We're talking about a guy whose reaction to every Goku power-up has been getting mad Goku never used it against him. He's not worried. He's not afraid. He's just upset at getting disrespected and teased.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It would be pretty believable at this point to think that Goku is on par with Beerus or even beyond him. Goku managed a fairly decent punch up with Beerus when he had just achieved SSG for the very first time; Beerus was very clearly sandbagging, but Goku continually surprised him with his resilience and adaptability. Since then, Goku has trained with Beerus's personal trainer for extended periods of time, fought a ton of incredibly strong dudes including a literally immortal rogue god who corrupted an entire universe, and has developed a lot of new techniques and refinements. While Goku's been doing all of this stuff, Beerus has been sleeping, eating, or sitting on his rear end and complaining.

We've already had an instance of a mortal shrugging off Hakai, so we know it's possible to not get instantly deleted by a GoD if you're simply strong enough.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is there anyone in the field with body control abilities or anything like that? I mean the ultimate punk would be to have Frieza think he's doing some wacky poo poo, then execute some complicated maneuver like "Hit stops time, Goku ITs someone else to the area, someone else pulls some shenanigans and wish-jacks Frieza."

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Goku should he get some new form or whatever will be on Beerus's level I think.
When he turned SSBKK10 (what an acronym) in the zen exhibition match surprised people he got that far, power to rival gods but not surpass. So I can see him getting close or equal to the weaker GoD's at the end of the arc.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Zedd posted:

When he turned SSBKK10 (what an acronym)

Uh actually it's SSGSSKKx10

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

JU

BAI

DA

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Also we should clarify the difference between the Anime and Manga here because Goku in the Manga is absurdly stronger then Goku in the Anime has appeared to be.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also we should clarify the difference between the Anime and Manga here because Goku in the Manga is absurdly stronger then Goku in the Anime has appeared to be.

Uh Goku in the anime is shown stronger than Vegito so you better check yourself.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kild posted:

Uh Goku in the anime is shown stronger than Vegito so you better check yourself.

Shut up Rutibex

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Tempers running hot in the DBZ thread. I'm ready for my dude Vegeta to get KO'd by Ribrianne.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Vegeta isn't in this episode then Brianne will have frightened him off for more than half a month.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Justin_Brett posted:

If Vegeta isn't in this episode then Brianne will have frightened him off for more than half a month.

the memory of Arale still echoes in his mind

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Or, as expressed in Namekian Time Dilation, 3 minutes.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Champa with a vuvezela is loving hilarious

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hit loving owns

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Good episode, but I wish they explained how Goku can just go SSG now. Also, it seems SSB is stronger, but SSG is faster. Or maybe not because going Blue gave him a burst of speed? So maybe its just less intensive. Actually, yeah, it's probably just less intensive since Whis says its faster than SS but takes less stamina than Blue. So, SSG big benefit is being faster and stronger than SS but takes less energy and is worse than SSB.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I just like how this episode went straight up JoJos. You have time powers, here's a bunch of threads you can't touch so you can't get me.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Covok posted:

Good episode, but I wish they explained how Goku can just go SSG now. Also, it seems SSB is stronger, but SSG is faster. Or maybe not because going Blue gave him a burst of speed? So maybe its just less intensive. Actually, yeah, it's probably just less intensive since Whis says its faster than SS but takes less stamina than Blue. So, SSG big benefit is being faster and stronger than SS but takes less energy and is worse than SSB.

You've got it. SSG doesn't have as much stamina waste as Blue while still being faster and stronger than just going SSJ is what was stated. Then use Blue as a kaioken type burst.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Kinda disappointed that this means SSG is still basically just an intermediary form. I feel like Blue and Kaio-Ken could've achieved that without raising so many questions.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Bee posted:

Kinda disappointed that this means SSG is still basically just an intermediary form. I feel like Blue and Kaio-Ken could've achieved that without raising so many questions.

But it generated a lot of hype that made people interested in the episode. So it served its purpose.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This episode: Goku and Hit vs The Flash and Spider-Man.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TrilliontonNixon posted:

This episode: Goku and Hit vs The Flash and Spider-Man.

You mean The Flash and Kaikoyen/Joseph.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol at this point i feel like the anime is intentionally throwing curveballs at toyotaro. wasn't ssg supposed to be stronger than ssb in the manga? oops

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Condiv posted:

lol at this point i feel like the anime is intentionally throwing curveballs at toyotaro. wasn't ssg supposed to be stronger than ssb in the manga? oops

I don't think so

In fact the manga used it exactly as it was used in this episode, as a speed boost that conserved energy

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Goku's technique here of using SSG and switching to Blue for contact is straight out of the manga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is roshi gonna get dq'd next episode or what

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bring me my vuvuzela!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY&t=15s

Edit: Also did they just tease the Mafuba? I need to see someone get stuck in a bottle.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Darko posted:

I just like how this episode went straight up JoJos. You have time powers, here's a bunch of threads you can't touch so you can't get me.
Dyspo kinda riffed on the "the next thing you're going to say is..." bit too.

Could be a coincidence but it felt like there were some nods.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

This episode was pretty good even if at the end it ended up 'I'm so strong that I can't be affected by your power' followed by 'Lol you thought you were going to accomplish anything'

Next episode is I guess Master Roshi taking out 3 or 4 people by himself to further cement just how out of everyone else's league U7 is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah this whole ep was jojo as gently caress.

And it turns out....the...the manga was right? Holy poo poo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I thought you had to do the 5 saiyan ritual to activate SSG even if you've done it once. Guess not! I was hoping for a Vegeta / Gohan / Cabba / Kale / Caulifa ritual, but alas...

Next episode has the potential to be really bad. That or we could get a new Namu / Ranfan battle :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I thought you had to do the 5 saiyan ritual to activate SSG even if you've done it once. Guess not! I was hoping for a Vegeta / Gohan / Cabba / Kale / Caulifa ritual, but alas...

Theres still time for Caulifla to ask Goku "So how do I do the red hair thing?"

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Champa sighed as he unsheathed his vuvuzela...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was pretty much a Hit episode and I"m fine with that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Azathoth256 posted:

Champa sighed as he unsheathed his vuvuzela...
Champa signs as he unsheathes his vuvuzela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Theres still time for Caulifla to ask Goku "So how do I do the red hair thing?"

Every time Goku does something new, I want Caulifla to find him and bug him about how to do it. I don't care if he's busy fighting zombie ghosts in Universe 12, she'll find him.