Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
SS4 turns you into a big muscly monkey man with cool yellow eyes and it turns your Kamehameha red, the 2nd coolest energy beam color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The dumbest thing is how Goku becomes an adult again when he's a Super Saiyan 4 and swaps between being 8 year old size and 50 year old between frames.

If you're going to make Goku a kid again, which was really dumb, at least commit properly to that.

idk I think the open chest hair shirt was dumber than that

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Monaghan posted:

Everything about ss4 looks like garbage.

IcePhoenix posted:

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The dumbest thing is how Goku becomes an adult again when he's a Super Saiyan 4 and swaps between being 8 year old size and 50 year old between frames.

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk I think the open chest hair shirt was dumber than that

All these things are true and even when I was a dumb 13 year old kid I knew GT was genuinely bad.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Manatee Cannon posted:

it is a new line of forms. it's just that red is weaker than blue rather than the other way around

oh yeah but its 2 lines instead of 3 like ppl were speculating.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestonJew posted:

SS4 ... turns your Kamehameha red, the 2nd coolest energy beam color

A fair point but it's replacing the first coolest color so it still sucks

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How is it replacing purple?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

HGH posted:

How is it replacing purple?

What a weird way to spell "Legendary SSJ radioactive green".

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

pik_d posted:

What a weird way to spell "Legendary SSJ radioactive green".

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

IcePhoenix posted:

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

I like the tail and the fur make saiyans at least a little alien how ssj4 came about is dumb but the oozaru like saiyan is cool as a concept. Iwould also make U6 and U7 saiyans different somehow

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Saiyans with tails are basically Riker without a beard at this point. You rewatch the first season, go "oh right that happened," and then move past it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It's a little messed up that Buu still looks like Shin's old boss. If Shin wanted to wish his Supreme Kai friends out of Buu, would Goku be like, "Nah, we like Buu now?"

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I dont think you could make that wish on regular dragon balls they would need to be Super ones in which case it's not really just up to Goku. And even when it is... well look at King Kai.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I did like what effectively amounted to: "watch out for his technique!" I DONT GIVE A FUUUUUCK IM BLUE!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kithkar posted:

I did like what effectively amounted to: "watch out for his technique!" I DONT GIVE A FUUUUUCK IM BLUE!

It was a perfect defense against a rational actor.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Professor Wayne posted:

It's a little messed up that Buu still looks like Shin's old boss. If Shin wanted to wish his Supreme Kai friends out of Buu, would Goku be like, "Nah, we like Buu now?"

I think a funny twist would be that Shin gets killed in front of the main cast by some new enemy and Beerus thinks his time is up, but nothing happens because his life link is actually to Buu since Buu absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai but technically didn't kill him.

Bonus points for Beerus realizing he came horrifyingly close to accidentally committing suicide when fighting Buu back during the pudding incident.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

khwarezm posted:

I think a funny twist would be that Shin gets killed in front of the main cast by some new enemy and Beerus thinks his time is up, but nothing happens because his life link is actually to Buu since Buu absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai but technically didn't kill him.

Bonus points for Beerus realizing he came horrifyingly close to accidentally committing suicide when fighting Buu back during the pudding incident.

Now Whis's comments to goku about "Hey wanna be a GoD?" make sense, he figures beerus is going to murk himself and is preparing to groom a replacement.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

OB_Juan posted:

It was a perfect defense against a rational actor.

Like, jump over it though?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Or shoot him, which he did...but only after running through the minefield and surely wasting energy tanking all of it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

khwarezm posted:

There's still always Old Kai, if the link could transfer back as some kind of fail-safe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kithkar posted:

yo listen up here's the story
about a little guy who has a little blue form
and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue like him

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Did Goku tank the minefield of energy because he had a chi barrier up during Blue? I guess he (technically) didn't make his classic mistake of letting his guard down this time, he just brute forced his way in. Very Goku.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Goku did it, because it was cool. And i think that about sums up this episode

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Jedah posted:

Did Goku tank the minefield of energy because he had a chi barrier up during Blue? I guess he (technically) didn't make his classic mistake of letting his guard down this time, he just brute forced his way in. Very Goku.

Either that he was outracing it. Which would be dumb given that Hit couldn't timeskip past it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

HitTheTargets posted:

Either that he was outracing it. Which would be dumb given that Hit couldn't timeskip past it.

Hit: *uses a calculated and cool looking technique to bypass the minefield altogether*

Goku: IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! :downs: *flies at u*

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can't stun the Son. He just comes at you.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why didnt goku just use teleportation on spiderman

that would have made him look very smart and good

Caros
May 14, 2008

Well that chapter at least made the pecking order in the manga clear. Even with mastered Blue, Beerus just completely bodies Vegeta the moment he gets serious.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm hoping Goku's new form thing is explicitly not a 'super saiyan' something, and is instead maybe a form other species can achieve too. just to give everybody something to aim for

but the odds of that are probably pretty low

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Caros posted:

Well that chapter at least made the pecking order in the manga clear. Even with mastered Blue, Beerus just completely bodies Vegeta the moment he gets serious.

That may be less pecking order and more it being someone who isn't Goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no it's probably just that beerus is still way stronger than either of them and will be for the foreseeable future despite this thread's bizarre insistence on thinking otherwise

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm hoping Goku's new form thing is explicitly not a 'super saiyan' something, and is instead maybe a form other species can achieve too. just to give everybody something to aim for

but the odds of that are probably pretty low

I'm thinking it might have to do with controlling Energy of Destruction. They made a pretty big point of Frieza being able to manipulate it and Goku attempting to, and GoD seems to be the next "bar" to pass for fighters around their level.

If that's true, then anyone from Saiyans to Androids to Magical Girls could potentially attain it. Which would be awesome!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HitTheTargets posted:

Like, jump over it though?

No see Goku did EXACTLY what he had to

By racing through the wires, he unnerved and freaked out the Pride Trooper just enough to send him into a panic, leaving him open for a possible defeat

Using a burst of Blue was a calculation to achieve that and have enough for the follow up to knock him senseless, and it drat well worked

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

no it's probably just that beerus is still way stronger than either of them and will be for the foreseeable future despite this thread's bizarre insistence on thinking otherwise

Your insistence that Beerus cannot be surpassed when he's shown constant panic over Goku's ever growing power (and had Whis outright say "There is an example of a mortal stronger than Destroyers HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT oh is that parfait") is equally as strange, especially in a show where even the opening title talks about 'breaking walls' and limits while on the cosmic stage

Goku is stronger or going to be stronger than Beerus and to me that is an entirely foregone conclusion and the point of this whole dumb goddamn punchshow

Caros
May 14, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

That may be less pecking order and more it being someone who isn't Goku.

The chapter very explicitly points out that Vegeta is on par with Goku before Beerus wrecks his poo poo.

Black August posted:

Your insistence that Beerus cannot be surpassed when he's shown constant panic over Goku's ever growing power (and had Whis outright say "There is an example of a mortal stronger than Destroyers HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT oh is that parfait") is equally as strange, especially in a show where even the opening title talks about 'breaking walls' and limits while on the cosmic stage

Goku is stronger or going to be stronger than Beerus and to me that is an entirely foregone conclusion and the point of this whole dumb goddamn punchshow

The newest chapter has Whis hammering home the "You need to move your body without thinking" thing that they've been talking about since RoF, and points out that it is something even Beerus hasn't mastered. Presumably the Z crew will surpass Beerus when one of them (probably Goku tbh) eventually figures out how to do this.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/x9rsB

the chapter btw

Tho its hard to say he's on par when Goku still has Kaioken which at least doubles his power even if for some reason times ten doesn't actually mean times ten.

Kild fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 22, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

http://imgur.com/a/x9rsB

the chapter btw

Tho its hard to say he's on par when Goku still has Kaioken at least doubles his power even if for some reason times ten doesn't actually mean times ten.

In the manga he hasn't used the Kaio-Ken. Which sucks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

In the manga he hasn't used the Kaio-Ken. Which sucks.

oh yeah thats right lmfao.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Black August posted:

"Is going to be," sure, unless it's abruptly cancelled or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Black August posted:

I never said it's never going to happen, just that it isn't any time soon, and the thread seems disproportionately obsessed with it

I'm sure Goku will beat Beerus in a fight! Just like in the very last episode.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 22, 2017