Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I got like 3 boxes and a couple of knick knacks and the game told my my penthouse was full. I have not bothered to look at housing since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Inspector 34 posted:

I got like 3 boxes and a couple of knick knacks and the game told my my penthouse was full. I have not bothered to look at housing since then.

One of us, one of us.

I've been in a player house twice ever. Once to figure out Homestead was dumb and I was an idiot for buying Mournoth Keep, and twice to dump all my thrones into a big pile so they wouldn't be in my inventory.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I feel so sorry for you (me), you're both missing out on so much (pain).

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
Since crowns are 40% off, I was wondering if it's worth getting the DLC upgrade for 5500 crowns to get Black Bros, Thieves, Orsinium and Imperial City. The monthly subscription is a good deal, especially with the infinite crafting bag, but if all future Orsinium-sized PVE packs are going to be full-priced expansions like Morrowind, I'm not particularly interested paying a monthly fee for new dungeons and poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grabbed ESO for ten bucks. :toot:

Should I expect Breton Battlemage (or the equivalent) to be easy mode like it always is? :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 22, 2017

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I've been waiting for this to go on sale.

Haven't played since the open beta.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Kinda, yeah! Bretons make good magic users. I will always suggest Magic Templar, because they're super fun and easy.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Should I expect Breton Battlemage (or the equivalent) to be easy mode like it always is? :v:

Let's be honest for a moment. It's not like the Elder Scrolls series is particularly hard. People have, on occasion, called Wood Elf stealth bow, Nord melee or Dark Elf magic easy mode. In short, the sole difficulty of TES games consists of loving yourself over in Oblivion by leveling via social skills and, without any combat skills, immediately facing dreugh and atronachs the moment you leave the Imperial City. Alternatively, trying to avoid crashing to desktop in Daggerfall.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Kryopsis posted:

Since crowns are 40% off, I was wondering if it's worth getting the DLC upgrade for 5500 crowns to get Black Bros, Thieves, Orsinium and Imperial City. The monthly subscription is a good deal, especially with the infinite crafting bag, but if all future Orsinium-sized PVE packs are going to be full-priced expansions like Morrowind, I'm not particularly interested paying a monthly fee for new dungeons and poo poo.

Yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hi! I saw the game was 10 dollars and so I impulse bought it from Steam. I downloaded the 70-ish gigs from steam, launched the game, and now the launcher is telling me I need another 80 gigs freed, and I'd rather not have to delete poo poo if I don't have to.

Is it just not locating my game files correctly, or do I seriously need about 150 gigs free to download this game?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

dmboogie posted:

Hi! I saw the game was 10 dollars and so I impulse bought it from Steam. I downloaded the 70-ish gigs from steam, launched the game, and now the launcher is telling me I need another 80 gigs freed, and I'd rather not have to delete poo poo if I don't have to.

Is it just not locating my game files correctly, or do I seriously need about 150 gigs free to download this game?

You shouldn't, no.

Here is my Zenimax folder on my SSD:

57.8 GB (62,110,625,792 bytes)

Unless the game stashes a poo poo-pile of files elsewhere...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
iirc the steam download is pretty old and so it has to download basically the whole drat game again

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

dmboogie posted:

corn in the bible posted:

iirc the steam download is pretty old and so it has to download basically the whole drat game again

You only have to download the game once but you do indeed need another 70 GB of free space for the Zenimax launcher to stop freaking out. Can you move the downloaded files to another drive?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I think I'm going to try this game out. Is that newbie's Spellblade build with a nightblade still viable? It looked really cool to me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there anything in particular I really need to know starting out or is it all pretty straightforward? I don't plan on buying premium or extra crowns or anything.

e: Or is the OP still up to date

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 23, 2017

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there anything in particular I really need to know starting out or is it all pretty straightforward? I don't plan on buying premium or extra crowns or anything.

e: Or is the OP still up to date

It's hard to really gently caress yourself over with character advancement, so mostly you'll be just fine figuring it all out on your own. If you don't want to premium, I would just ignore crafting entirely and never loot the many baskets, crates, and barrels you'll encounter in the world. Without the premium crafting bag you'll just fill your normal bag up with barley and melons and poo poo that are worthless if you don't craft. Probably the worst part of the game is inventory juggling, even with the crafting bag, and having to interrupt the fun questing and combat to go sell and deconstruct poo poo.

Maybe look into mods at esoui.com if you'd like to add some convenience features. The mod that marks all the skyshards on your map is pretty crucial, at the very least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cool, thanks. It sounds a lot like LOTRO where you can just screw around and do whatever then. And LOTRO was great.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

So I've been trying to actually get into battlegrounds lately and oh man is it hard and I die a lot.
I feel like I'm missing some fundamental stuff about PVP in this game - other people seem to always be in control of the fight and I get murked.
Mostly I play a Magblade but all my characters get blapped pretty badly. Any general PVP advice or skill bar recommendations? Help me be less Horrible :<

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All PvP is immoral. It causes hurt feelings, bad attitudes, and encourages anti authority sentiment.

(Play BGs with goons, and use vox in Discord.)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

42 gb download through the launcher after downloading 60 something on steam. Pretty dope

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Kryopsis posted:

You only have to download the game once but you do indeed need another 70 GB of free space for the Zenimax launcher to stop freaking out. Can you move the downloaded files to another drive?

I was able to trick it by deleting all the .dat files from the depot directory, as well as the French and German voice files. This freed up enough space for the launcher to download the 'rest' of the game, then I ran a repair to replace the stuff I'd deleted with the correct versions.

Bit of a palaver but it worked.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

thinking of returning. where are nightblades at for pve dps in vet dungeons - still trash or has it improved?

polio king fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 24, 2017

Kudaros
Jun 23, 2006
Picked this up on sale after a long time considering it. Could I get an invite? @Kudaros

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can I really not have more than 4 hotkeys at once? I already can learn like twenty as a sorcerer in the mage's guild. What should I focus on then? Right now I have crystal fragments, soul trap, summon clannfear, daedric curse, and mage's fury.

e: Also should I just go ahead and buy this 500 crown starter kit? I'm not going to buy any more of the currency.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 24, 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

When you hit level 15 you can equip a second weapon and get access to another 5 ability slots + 2nd ultimate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Berke Negri posted:

When you hit level 15 you can equip a second weapon and get access to another 5 ability slots + 2nd ultimate.

Oh, I see. I thought maybe it was going to be more focused on constantly hotswapping or only keeping a handful to care about.

Also I love how open this is. I've already gone over to Daggerfall, joined the Mage's guild, now I'm poking around doing whatever. Getting a lot of crafting skills I'll never use though. :v:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh, I see. I thought maybe it was going to be more focused on constantly hotswapping or only keeping a handful to care about.

Also I love how open this is. I've already gone over to Daggerfall, joined the Mage's guild, now I'm poking around doing whatever. Getting a lot of crafting skills I'll never use though. :v:

Also, as a sorcerer you can use the overload ultimate, when you are in overload mode you get a specific hotbar setup for it, you can pop the ultimate and setup the bar ahead of time (you can go in/out of overload without losing ultimate)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MF_James posted:

Also, as a sorcerer you can use the overload ultimate, when you are in overload mode you get a specific hotbar setup for it, you can pop the ultimate and setup the bar ahead of time (you can go in/out of overload without losing ultimate)

That was the one I was going to use so that's good to know as well!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RBA Starblade posted:

That was the one I was going to use so that's good to know as well!

It's not quite as good as it used to be, but having that extra bar is helpful if you need to drop a few lesser used/oh poo poo/whatever skills onto that bar.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's sort of annoying that respawn timers are so low that by the time I cleared out a ten room dungeon all ten rooms respawned. Then I died because the door's locked until they're all dead. Oh well.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
How's this games community on the PS4? My computer couldn't handle this game, but I'm a bit curious. Also, how is this game for Elder Scrolls lore nerds?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

thank for your responses all, got the game downloaded without too much more trouble and I've been having fun thus far; though I'm still on the tutorial island. I'm still not used to seeing a shitload of other people running around in what's otherwise a pretty standard Elder Scrolls experience.

The only thing that's bothering me is how inflated all the numbers are. My newbie gear shouldn't have values in the thousands!!!!!!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

They tried smaller numbers at launch but it didn't work for MATH REASONS

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Played for 3 hours today and it's been pretty fun so far.

The combat is a nice change from the WoW style.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hiro Protagonist posted:

How's this games community on the PS4?

the other five people are VERY NICE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Can I really not have more than 4 hotkeys at once? I already can learn like twenty as a sorcerer in the mage's guild. What should I focus on then? Right now I have crystal fragments, soul trap, summon clannfear, daedric curse, and mage's fury.

e: Also should I just go ahead and buy this 500 crown starter kit? I'm not going to buy any more of the currency.

your skills level up based on what's in the hotkey bar when you get experience, and that's why it's not very big. that's maybe a stupid thing but there you go that's the reason

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Hiro Protagonist posted:

How's this games community on the PS4? My computer couldn't handle this game, but I'm a bit curious. Also, how is this game for Elder Scrolls lore nerds?

More populated and active than PC. I honestly recommend this version if you don't mind forking out for PS+.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

corn in the bible posted:

your skills level up based on what's in the hotkey bar when you get experience, and that's why it's not very big. that's maybe a stupid thing but there you go that's the reason

Yeah, that's kind of annoying but oh well.

The game got loads better when I got off Tutorial Island, got to Daggerfall, and went on my epic quest to go rent a studio apartment. On the way I stole a crown (sorry servant it was cursed but it was meant for your master), saved a village from bandits, joined some guilds, punched crocodiles, didn't realize you can buy a horse already so Ive been walking this whole loving way, and pissed a dremora off. Also I learned punchomancy which made the game a billion times better. My armor will never not suck but I'll never reach endgame so who cares, I'm glad I'm not crafting poo poo for once.

quote:

More populated and active than PC. I honestly recommend this version if you don't mind forking out for PS+.

That's really surprising. I wonder why?

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
The population on the PC servers is fine. It's not surprising that there are more console players since ESO is the first AAA MMO optimized for consoles and there are A LOT more console gamers.

I'd get the PC version just for the UI addons. The default UI is horrible imho. Without addons you probably spend 5-10% of your playing time fiddling in the UI handling storage, itemization or skillsets, selling items. With addons I can swap from DD to Heal to Tank setup with 2 button presses. Moreover, if you intend to do crafting you'll probably save 5-10 hours of gametime and a lot of nerves while maxing woodworking, clothing and blacksmithing to 50.

Most importantly, you'll have a minimap and the regular map will actually display useful stuff (new Wayshrines, missed Skyshards) instead of houses you can buy with real moeny.

iFriend fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Anything considered a most buy from the Crown Store like the Rocket Pack is over in SWTOR?