Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"No, no, don't step on-ARGH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

What did Vegeta have to say when Gohan turned SS2 again? I know he gained alot of a respect as he was really sad he got so weak during the Dabura fight.

As far as I remember, he literally did not have words. He was just blown away

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly I always thought Gohan flipping out over 16 made perfect sense

This guy basically pops up out of nowhere to tell Gohan it's okay, and that he's got this, and that he can whoop Cell's rear end easy if he uses his power... and then Cell just goes "heh, NERD" and splatters his head

It makes total sense that Gohan would go from "eh I don't know about this" to "gently caress THIS CELL GUY I'M GONNA BEAT THE poo poo OUT OF HIM" in response to this

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I just want the flying golden bird to come back when Gohan uses his new power-up in the Tournament of Power. Hell, bring back the original song, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebyKpo6A9s&t=15s

Maybe Jiren can have Cell's look of complete disbelief. Gotta throw in Piccolo saying "Gohan!" for good measure.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly I always thought Gohan flipping out over 16 made perfect sense

This guy basically pops up out of nowhere to tell Gohan it's okay, and that he's got this, and that he can whoop Cell's rear end easy if he uses his power... and then Cell just goes "heh, NERD" and splatters his head

It makes total sense that Gohan would go from "eh I don't know about this" to "gently caress THIS CELL GUY I'M GONNA BEAT THE poo poo OUT OF HIM" in response to this

Yeah Android 16 is the only one that directly addresses gohan's concerns. He goes "hey it's not wrong to fight for the right cause. I know you don't want to hurt people but you have to let go and power up. You have to protect everyone"

Then cell immediately crushes 16's head. Of course gohan would go nuts.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking of that whole fight, wonder if TFS will power though the whole thing to cells defeat in episode 60? With Freeza they cliffhangered right before Goku transformed; they gotta get through Cell vs ssj1 gohan, plus the cell jrs, to reach the equivalent point. Dunno if that's enough to stand on its own for a dbza episode, but otherwise 60 is gonna be long, even by season finale standards.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

Speaking of that whole fight, wonder if TFS will power though the whole thing to cells defeat in episode 60? With Freeza they cliffhangered right before Goku transformed; they gotta get through Cell vs ssj1 gohan, plus the cell jrs, to reach the equivalent point. Dunno if that's enough to stand on its own for a dbza episode, but otherwise 60 is gonna be long, even by season finale standards.

No way.

Episode 60 will likely end with Gohan going SSJ2, 61 will end with Goku sacrificing himself, and 62 is the death of Cell

I would bet on that unless 61 is a super three parter.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Enourmo posted:

Episode "30" was three episodes totaling roughly 32 minutes so...yeah they could do it all in episode 60.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Jesus Christ Goten looks like a creepy horror movie puppet in that clip.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

IcePhoenix posted:

Episode "30" was three episodes totaling roughly 32 minutes so...yeah they could do it all in episode 60.

Though I think they said they aren't doing it that way.

Not like it matters they have kind of shelved 60 for a while do to that dub they are making and some other mystery projects.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Can I skip the first few Super episodes if I saw Battle of the Gods and Revival of F? How's that work?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A good show would have Worf'd Hit instead of just having our "heroes" stomp all-comers into the dirt after some technobabble.

I really, really, really want Goku to get eliminated soon and in an embarrassing way that he never emotionally recovers from.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you should stop watching this show if you hate it so much

Firstborn posted:

Can I skip the first few Super episodes if I saw Battle of the Gods and Revival of F? How's that work?

you can entirely skip the first two arcs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Firstborn posted:

You could probably start at episode 28. That's when the U6/U7 tournament starts.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, why is Sonny Strait doing the voices of Chi-Chi, 18 and Marron? Was it that they were too lazy to grab their regular VAs?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he was voicing them because krillin was telling goku and vegeta what they were saying in the flashback. it was just a joke

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

seiferguy posted:

Also, why is Sonny Strait doing the voices of Chi-Chi, 18 and Marron? Was it that they were too lazy to grab their regular VAs?

It's Krillen telling his story through a flashback with him imitating their voices during it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks guys. I actually don't remember poo poo from Revival of F now that I think about it.. Gonna start at 15. Thanks for the quick reply
Wait that's not it. Wiki episode list is wrong

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

seiferguy posted:

It was supposed to be funny. It's Krillin recollecting what Chi-Chi and 18 told him. So Sonny did all the voices for a lark.

"I'm a Good Husband and Father!" and "Goku never takes me anywhere!" wasn't in the original japanese script, if I recall correctly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ahh got it. I forgot about that detail.

Firstborn posted:

Thanks guys. I actually don't remember poo poo from Revival of F now that I think about it.. Gonna start at 15. Thanks for the quick reply
Wait that's not it. Wiki episode list is wrong

Super brings back a very good character in the RoF arc that wasn't in the movie so it's worth it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Firstborn posted:

You should watch the original Super eps that take place before BoG, and inbetween it and RoF though. You're doing a disservice to yourself by not watching Vegeta Family Vacation.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Vegeta vs. egg

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Momomo posted:

You're doing a disservice to yourself by not watching Vegeta Family Vacation.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I can't wait for 16 to bond with Gohan over their mutual desire to kill Son Goku

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Super Dub is so amazingly good that I don't think I can really rewatch the old Japanese episodes now.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBCzSatnrk

Behold, another example of the amazing dub. I can't wait until it gets to the Tournament of Power, that will be great

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Won't anyone please just let the Narrator do his job in peace?!

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope the Zamasu voice actor in the dub, whoever it is, really goes for it on the "SON GOKU" line. But probably more just like Goookuuuuuuu.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gazaar posted:

I hope the Zamasu voice actor in the dub, whoever it is, really goes for it on the "SON GOKU" line. But probably more just like Goookuuuuuuu.

James Marsters

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

The crossover is happening.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hasn't it happened two or three times already?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The dub is enjoyable. On the one hand, some of the voices just don't match that well, but on the flipside, they're just having so much fun with this that it's infectious.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Skinty McEdger posted:

The Super Dub is so amazingly good that I don't think I can really rewatch the old Japanese episodes now.

The dub has been incredible. Not only are they well done from a technical standpoint, the dialogue has also been great. Episodes which I felt extremely meh about in Japanese, like parts of RoF, have been given such a good treatment with the dub that it almost makes up for the content.

The last episode this week is a great example. It is one of the few DBS episodes I would qualify as total, 100% filler. It may be the worst episode in the entire show, at least IMO. But the the Funimation VAs did as much as they could to salvage it and it honest to god worked. Krillin's terrible imitations and Goku and the narrator getting into a 4th wall bantering session, along with Vegeta throwing around words like "babe" and "honey" have been hysterical.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

The dub is enjoyable. On the one hand, some of the voices just don't match that well, but on the flipside, they're just having so much fun with this that it's infectious.

like who? the sub has had way more people that don't fit to me at least (like all of the gokus)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Japanese Goku works, Japanese Gohan doesn't, Goten doesn't matter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really really disagree that japanese goku works

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really really disagree that japanese goku works

This admittedly may be Stockholm syndrome.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I got used to Japanese Goku. Sometimes a cartoon character has a weird voice :shrug:

I think English Piccolo is the superior Piccolo, though. He always sounds like he's having such a bad time :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I got used to granny goku as well but that doesn't mean I think the voice fits the character. the actual acting isn't the problem I have with it (except when goku is punching someone a lot because drat that gets annoying)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Granny Goku is best during comedic scenes where Goku has to yell "WAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH" while being thrown around or something.