Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*granny goku voice* DADADADADADADADADADADA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raserys posted:

*granny goku voice* DADADADADADADADADADADA

*granny gohan voice* DADADADADADADADADADADA

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Waku waku

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Granny Bardock sounds ridiculous

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't like Frieza's English yells. It kinda sounds like a bad Kenshiro and feels a bit jarring.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Manatee Cannon posted:

like who? the sub has had way more people that don't fit to me at least (like all of the gokus)

Satan and Goku seem to be okay. Vegeta, Krillin and Buu on the other hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgPxo0S44iM

This English Frieza is the best.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm not sure what about those voices don't fit tbh, they all p good to me. Japanese Buu is p weird though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Japanese Buu doesn't make my ears want to die like his english performance

bondster
May 6, 2007

Shards of Fate posted:

The crossover is happening.

Apparently its just that One Piece and Super are getting one hour specials that will air a week apart from each other in October: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-08-24/one-piece-dragon-ball-super-anime-both-get-1-hour-specials-in-october/.120492

Although awesome it does make it sound like Super will be on break when the One Piece special airs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

Satan and Goku seem to be okay. Vegeta, Krillin and Buu on the other hand...

... are all really good? vegeta especially

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Both Vegeta voices are great. He's really the only one that both got perfect. Buu's Japanese voice is wonderful and his English one is in a long line of annoying sounding characters that I wonder why they give them that voice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Carlosologist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBCzSatnrk

Behold, another example of the amazing dub. I can't wait until it gets to the Tournament of Power, that will be great

man I almost forgot how bad this show used to look

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Japanese Beerus, Champa, Vados and Whis all feel very fitting and good.

Universe 9 did way too much snickering, it got pretty old quickly. Don't miss Trio De Dangers one bit.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I kind of like what the dub does with Beerus, where he's kind of regal and snooty until something upsets him even a little and then he's just a dude flying off the handle.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jedah posted:

Japanese Beerus, Champa, Vados and Whis all feel very fitting and good.

Universe 9 did way too much snickering, it got pretty old quickly. Don't miss Trio De Dangers one bit.

No one in the show missed them either. Their angel was glad to be free of the burden

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I think Sean it's really good at handling the goofy parts of super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKxZoe9pknk

Also he's really good at con panels and has funny stories.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

— Were there any jobs you did directly for the “DB” anime?
Toriyama: In cases where characters appeared in the anime before they were shown in color in the manga, I sent a response to the animators at Toei through my editor. After that, I listened to the voice actor audition tapes, and decided on the casting. When I decided on Goku’s voice, I listened to the voices of five or six candidates, and out of those I decided on Masako Nozawa-san.

— What were your impressions on hearing Goku’s voice during the actual broadcast?
Toriyama: I went “Goku has this sort of voice, doesn’t he”. From then on, when I was drawing the manga, the characters’ voices would somehow drift up into my mind. Whenever that happened, Goku’s voice would be just like Nozawa-san‘s, and I’d think “Geez, she’s good”. Now it’s impossible to separate Goku from Nozawa-san.

Even Toriyama recognises that Granny Goku is Goku.
Real recognises real.

I guess this One Piece thing also would lead us to believe that the tourney's ending on October 8

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sean/Nozawa is one of the cases where both are legitimately equal

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku was a kid when that casting was done

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the first time toriyama would have heard granny goku is when goku was a kid in og dragonball

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I guess this One Piece thing also would lead us to believe that the tourney's ending on October 8

It would end sooner than I'd expect, then...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_inconsistencies

this is shorter than i thought it would be to be honest

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Augus posted:

Goku was a kid when that casting was done

Goku is still a kid.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The color of Bulma's panties change three times during the General Blue Saga which took place all in one day giving her no chance to change her underwear let alone her clothes. Her underwear is plain white in the episode "Kame House: Found!". Her underwear is shown again inside the Pirate Cave in "The Trap is Sprung" where they are white but with strawberries on them and, the final time, in "The Pirate Treasure" when she strips down to them to swim where they are completely red.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Huh, didn't realize DB Super Vegeta was struggling to train at 150x Earth's gravity, but I do remember DBZ Vegeta handling 400x gravity. Didn't he break his training machine in DBZ because he demanded too much from it?

Also, I miss your old Jojo avatar.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kild posted:

The color of Bulma's panties change three times during the General Blue Saga which took place all in one day giving her no chance to change her underwear let alone her clothes. Her underwear is plain white in the episode "Kame House: Found!". Her underwear is shown again inside the Pirate Cave in "The Trap is Sprung" where they are white but with strawberries on them and, the final time, in "The Pirate Treasure" when she strips down to them to swim where they are completely red.

Dragonball is magical realism. The panties are metaphor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the dragon balls getting used 3 times in 2 years is because they only use one wish and send shenron away, isn't it? that's not an inconsistency

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jedah posted:

Huh, didn't realize DB Super Vegeta was struggling to train at 150x Earth's gravity, but I do remember DBZ Vegeta handling 400x gravity. Didn't he break his training machine in DBZ because he demanded too much from it?

Also, I miss your old Jojo avatar.

MMO players don't understand my facetious ways it is what it is

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Darko posted:

Goku is still a kid.

his mindset has nothing to do with his vocal chords

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Augus posted:

true of real people, but not fictional characters cast to fit their personality :eng101:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

He's a space alien with a tail who turns into a gorilla when the moon is out. Arguing that the dude's vocal chords have to work a certain way is a lost cause,

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

grandma goku is bad

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Y'all tripping. Grandma Goku is fun and good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

He's a space alien with a tail who turns into a gorilla when the moon is out. Arguing that the dude's vocal chords have to work a certain way is a lost cause,

I mean I've never seen an space alien who turns into a monkey on the full moon before so i dont really know how that would work if one existed, so sure I could believe whatever dragon ball tells me about that
but I sure as hell know how my own vocal chords work and it's not like that!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Andrast posted:

grandma goku is badass

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Grandma Goku Black is perfection and Sean will hopefully do as good of a job

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not only are we missing a week for one piece but apparently there's no new episode on the tenth (ninth in the US) of September so uh...I don't think the tournament is ending before the special.

Also I hope the special is Trunks/Goten/Marron defending the island.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why would you ever want that.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

I hope the special has the U6 characters visit Earth, and everybody enjoys the best food.

Hit uses Time Skip to steal the last shish kabob from Buu (who has become fat once again).

Knowing Caulifla and Kale can't defeat Goku and Vegeta in combat, they instead challenge them to an eating contest. After falling behind thanks to Goku's gluttony, Kale transforms into Berserker SSJ and eats limitless amounts of food.

Dr. Brief and Bulma study Magetta, and decide to have a robot sparring match using the latest Capsule Corp tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Turns out Luffy stretched himself into the shape of one of the other ToP fighters and has been hiding in plain sight the whole time!