Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
I had Kyle Ren's TIE and the AT AT Assault Walker in my hands and Walmart refused to sell them to me.

"Restricted Item, please set aside and continue scanning other items"

Damnit don't put them out on the top shelf of you don't want to sell them. Both were marked well below retail too, I had the sporting goods lady price check them since they didn't have shelf tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

CommanderApaul posted:

I had Kyle Ren's TIE and the AT AT Assault Walker in my hands and Walmart refused to sell them to me.

"Restricted Item, please set aside and continue scanning other items"

Damnit don't put them out on the top shelf of you don't want to sell them. Both were marked well below retail too, I had the sporting goods lady price check them since they didn't have shelf tags.

I was just at my Walmart and it let me go through the transaction but the AT-AT was coming up as 149.99...

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
So if you want some idea of how large Ninjago City is - here's a couple of pictures of the box inners:

Hope you like stickers!

Boxes within boxes?

3 Manuals? (For reference each of these is probably the same thickness as the Saturn V manual)

I haven't even started building this thing yet. And I have no idea where to put it...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Looks like the next big 3D printer thing will be giant Lego?

https://i.imgur.com/06ZzPDP.gifv

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I'm pretty sure that's a regular model just being held really close to the camera.
The 3D printed lego is the tiny model on top of that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

~Coxy posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a regular model just being held really close to the camera.

Your depth perception is shocking mate.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

~Coxy posted:

I'm 100% sure that you have that completely reversed.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

~Coxy posted:

Then that dude has smaller hands than Donald Trump

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm confused at what Peter Stormare and King Joffrey are showing off here..

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lego just teased the MF again and the box has freakin wheels on it because it's too big to fit in the giant yellow store bags.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Lego just teased the MF again and the box has freakin wheels on it because it's too big to fit in the giant yellow store bags.

LOLink please?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
From facebook

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/posts/10154981926898403

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
How 'ultimate' will this one be? Like, in ten years or so can we expect another, even bigger UCS MF, with a box that has to hover along on a built-in magnetic field?

e: heh, and was the cost of the wheeled box figured into the MSRP?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's great and I hope it is real but I doubt it. It's just too stupid to be real.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I'd buy it just for the loving box with wheels on it.

They had to give me like 2 extra straps when i bought the Ghost Busters Firehouse and they still didn't hold up.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Strange request time... I'm trying to build a lego set for each of the world marathon majors, and there are architecture sets for 5/6 (Chicago, Berlin, NYC, Tokyo - imperial hotel, London - big ben), but there's nothing for Boston. Are there any sets out there that come close to representing Boston? I suppose I have the 10218 modular Pet Store and the brown townhouse next to the store could maybe fit the bill, but there's got to be something better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Boston isn't known for its architecture. The Fishing Store has the feeling of the NE, though. Maybe that? Or one of the lighthouse sets.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Chris Knight posted:

Looks like the next big 3D printer thing will be giant Lego?

https://i.imgur.com/06ZzPDP.gifv

~Coxy posted:

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5mfNsmfqPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDz1jJxER-I

To be honest I feel oddly disappointed he didn't print it big enough for his kid to ride.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Andy Dufresne posted:

Strange request time... I'm trying to build a lego set for each of the world marathon majors, and there are architecture sets for 5/6 (Chicago, Berlin, NYC, Tokyo - imperial hotel, London - big ben), but there's nothing for Boston. Are there any sets out there that come close to representing Boston? I suppose I have the 10218 modular Pet Store and the brown townhouse next to the store could maybe fit the bill, but there's got to be something better.

Maybe a pressure cooker?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe a pressure cooker?

Dude, no.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
The disappointment isn't just that it isn't built to kid scale, but that he didn't first build in some sort of Lego pedaling mechanism.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Boston isn't known for its architecture. The Fishing Store has the feeling of the NE, though. Maybe that? Or one of the lighthouse sets.

There's a bit of pretty famous architecture in Boston, but I agree with this suggestion.

Or make your own Tea Party with a pirate ship and some indians

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Bloop posted:

Or make your own Tea Party with a pirate ship and some indians TRAITORS

:colbert:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hot Tip, apparently Toys R Us has all collectible minifigs priced at 2 for $5 until 9/2. Finished out my Ninjago Movie series on the cheap. I initially only bought a few of to help populate the Ninjago City set, but once you have like half of them and the rest go on sale, you might as well finish it out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sure, sure.

I've got some lego tricorn hats and muskets. I'm pretty sure I have a red ballcap too, to really sell it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Luminaflare posted:

To be honest I feel oddly disappointed he didn't print it big enough for his kid to ride.

When he started printing it was probably kid sized. Then four years passed.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Andy Dufresne posted:

Giant vat of molasses?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Waltzing Along posted:

Here's some Lego Boston buildings.

I probably could have gotten a better angle on this. I was feeling kind of overwhelmed.

You could also just do a giant Citgo sign.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah...don't recognize any of those.

Not like Empire State Building, Sears Tower, Space Needle, Golden Gate Bridge or Transamerica building. Big Ben. Arc D triumph/Eiffel Tower. Independence Hall.

Not dissing Boston. Just don't know of any famous buildings.

E: Oh wait. Cheers. That's a famous Boston place. Fenway is famous on the inside, but the outside isn't remarkable. I guess you could build a big green wall. Just a bunch of green bricks stacked on each other.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Waltzing Along posted:

Not like Empire State Building, Sears Tower, Space Needle, Golden Gate Bridge or Transamerica building. Big Ben. Arc D triumph/Eiffel Tower. Independence Hall.

E: Oh wait. Cheers. That's a famous Boston place. Fenway is famous on the inside, but the outside isn't remarkable. I guess you could build a big green wall. Just a bunch of green bricks stacked on each other.

There's the old State House where the Boston Massacre occurred, and the modern one with its giant gold dome. Plus there's the Old North Church where you could hang a couple of lanterns. Also the USS Constitution.

And that bridge up there is pretty drat famous.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
you're all forgetting Boston's crowning jewel:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Brutalist architecture is the loving woooooorst

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Waltzing Along posted:

Our most elaborate building is a rectangle with a smaller rectangle on top. The second is just a large black rectangle.

That's why we're so into that Citgo sign.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Colonial Air Force posted:

There's the old State House where the Boston Massacre occurred, and the modern one with its giant gold dome. Plus there's the Old North Church where you could hang a couple of lanterns. Also the USS Constitution.

And that bridge up there is pretty drat famous.

Bridge doesn't look familiar. I know of the Old Church but couldn't have told you what city it is in. Also I don' t think the Constitution really counts as a building/architecture.

Fenway Park is about all I could tell you.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Honestly the Citgo sign is a fantastic idra, I'm going to roll with that. Thanks thread!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone have a 10040 that they purchased new? If so, I have a question or three.

Does the triangle sail say Lego Group on it?
Does it come with a 125 cm medium string?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Waltzing Along posted:

Does the triangle sail say Lego Group on it?

google image search says yes

quote:

Does it come with a 125 cm medium string?

Peeron says yes (158L = ~126cm).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah..I saw that on Peeron, just wanted to verify with someone who actually has the set. For some reason BL just lists 3 medium string. Doesn't have length. Kinda odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Could use the Green Monster as the backdrop behind the other buildings? Lot of green, lot of white at the bottom for signs, light banks at the top