Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Could use the Green Monster as the backdrop behind the other buildings? Lot of green, lot of white at the bottom for signs, light banks at the top

Posting this just because it's cool:

This and the picture above are from the Boston Lego Discovery Center in Somerville. They do an adult night once a month.

You could also build a partially deflated football. :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Strife posted:

You could also build a partially deflated football. :downsrim:

Make sure you use all white minifigures.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
So Jang got hit with a DMCA over his reviews of The Last Jedi sets, from LEGO or maybe some related group.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He knows that he is breaking street date but says he did nothing wrong. "It's not my fault that I was able to buy this stuff."

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Waltzing Along posted:

He knows that he is breaking street date but says he did nothing wrong. "It's not my fault that I was able to buy this stuff."

He's right. He's legally done nothing wrong, and morally he's done nothing wrong either. Retailers that break the street date, sure, but Last Jedi sets have been on sale for weeks and weeks, even in some Lego stores.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There are a number of videos on how to fix yellowed bricks. This guy doesn't do lego but has tried a bunch of methods on doing the same to old computers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZYbchvSUDY

And it looks like he has made some advancements that would work well for Lego.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This week's American Ninja Warrior had their first branded/sponsored obstacle and it was the Ninjago Roll and it was a real beast

They gave everyone there tickets to the Ninjago movie too!

also

That Fenway Park is sweet

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Waltzing Along posted:

The store is breaking the street date, but since when is that something a customer is fault for?

New picture of the falcon. I'm mildly annoyed that Chewie has a studshooter crossbow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

N17R4M posted:

The store is breaking the street date, but since when is that something a customer is fault for?

Not his fault that he was able to get it. But it's disingenuous to just say, "not my fault, it's their fault for selling it to me!" The whole thing is stupid and I doubt Lego really cares.

Anyway, Lego need to do some more re-releases. The "legends" sets came out around 15 years ago. Seems like this would be a good time to do some more.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Strange request time... I'm trying to build a lego set for each of the world marathon majors, and there are architecture sets for 5/6 (Chicago, Berlin, NYC, Tokyo - imperial hotel, London - big ben), but there's nothing for Boston. Are there any sets out there that come close to representing Boston? I suppose I have the 10218 modular Pet Store and the brown townhouse next to the store could maybe fit the bill, but there's got to be something better.

If you're doing London, do Tower Bridge rather than Big Ben, the current marathon route actually goes over the bridge and it's still pretty drat iconic.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Waltzing Along posted:

There are a number of videos on how to fix yellowed bricks. This guy doesn't do lego but has tried a bunch of methods on doing the same to old computers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZYbchvSUDY

And it looks like he has made some advancements that would work well for Lego.

Yeah I've been a fan of the 8 Bit Guy for a while and seeing his technique change and him actually spending time experimenting with new techniques is rad.

I've got a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to retrobrite and I'm gonna try using my sous code to boil off some of the yellow.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

N17R4M posted:

New picture of the falcon. I'm mildly annoyed that Chewie has a studshooter crossbow.

I sure am tired of all these stud shooters.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7b1D5P4AuM

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
God drat...

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

get owned, k'nex.

EDIT: That sent me down an entire youtube rabbit hole of Lego funfair rides. There's some pretty cool work in the space, I guess that's why Lego has been releasing the official sets.

Jordanis fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 31, 2017

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

God drat...

Partial interior seems like the best method, plus it'll look cooler displayed with just a panel removed rather than flaps or something.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Eh I've seen bigger

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

oh nice, both the square and round dishes.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im going to spend 800 dollars to buy this

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I'm not, but it is an awesome set and I'm excited for those of you who will be getting it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Control Volume posted:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP9__H_NO0A

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
In non-Star Wars news, this is out in October:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Couldn't watch it with sound, but those false perspective corridor pieces were pretty cool.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

The_Doctor posted:

Dammit I thought they were going to stop with the TRU/Target exclusives.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Control Volume posted:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Control Volume posted:

Im going to spend 3800 aussie dollars to buy this

lol oz gonna get shafted

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh my god, porgs!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strife posted:

Dammit I thought they were going to stop with the TRU/Target exclusives.

I really bothers me that the sword hand is upside-down.

It shoudn't, but it does.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just going to put this out there, Hans kinda scares me.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Spookydonut posted:

lol oz gonna get shafted

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that price reveal.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DrChud posted:

You're trembling.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I usually go into the Lego Store for the funsies on release date, but if I were to want to order online for the Fishing Shack, that would be... Midnight... Pacific? Eastern?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

Is that batpope?

DrChud posted:

Both of those dudes are pretty awkward. *Adjusts jorts.*

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

It's good to see Dave Foley lost weight, but it's weird that he works as a graphic designer now.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Control Volume posted:

E: also

Groetgaffel posted:

My guess would be partial interior. Like you can open up a few hatches and/or sections of hull and have a bit of interior only at select spots, like the super star destroyer.

That way it wouldn't interfere with structural integrity.

Called it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I wonder what the deal is with the two bits of greebling that come off of the ends of the mandibles if you want to be in Episode V mode.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192

And there's the official page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
849€? Wtf lego gently caress you