Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/boku-no-hero-academia/en/0/151/page/1

chpater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Mirio is way too drat cool, and I don't know why I wasn't expecting Overhaul to use his quirk that way but holy poo poo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't see how Mirio gets shot considering how telegraphed this all was.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I wonder if Eri is literally not Overhaul's daughter and he made her with his quirk or something. His quirk is basically blatantly like FMA style alchemy, so making a homunculus of sorts would seem like the kind of thing he could do with it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive been thinking the thrust of this arc might be "mirio was a perfectly valid candidate for ofa but that doesnt make midoriya getting it the wrong thing either"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tollymain posted:

ive been thinking the thrust of this arc might be "mirio was a perfectly valid candidate for ofa but that doesnt make midoriya getting it the wrong thing either"

That would support the theme that's been going on of having a single hero be some symbol is a bad idea, and that the world needs more that one person to do the job. Giving Mirio One For All, how much would that actually boost him up? He'd be able to punch real hard but he already prefers finesse to pure power. He'd be better, but not by much. Certainly much less of a boost than it is for Deku. Better to have two real strong heroes than a single stronger one.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This fight has been a little easier to follow that some of the ones beforehand with incredibly busy chapters. Also Mirio is great and capes are cool, screw The Incredibles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be very surprised if Fallout Boy dies but I think the manga and horikoshi as a whole would benefit from it happening.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Fabricated posted:

I don't see how Mirio gets shot considering how telegraphed this all was.

Prediction: either Eri is going to jump in front of the bullet or it's going to hit Overhaul.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

fractalairduct posted:

Prediction: either Eri is going to jump in front of the bullet or it's going to hit Overhaul.

The framing of that last page makes me suspect the same.

This was an incredibly cool fight scene, glad others think it's cool too.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
...what happens if Mirio deactivates his quirk while something is inside of him, as opposed to when he's inside something else? I'm actually assuming that when he gets shot out of an object it's because the mass of the object is high compared to him, so an object with small mass might get shot out of him.

What I'm saying is, maybe he can fire the bullet back if he times it right.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Slime posted:

...what happens if Mirio deactivates his quirk while something is inside of him, as opposed to when he's inside something else? I'm actually assuming that when he gets shot out of an object it's because the mass of the object is high compared to him, so an object with small mass might get shot out of him.

What I'm saying is, maybe he can fire the bullet back if he times it right.

I assume anything inside him counts are part of him. Otherwise he'd be spilling undigested food around. Ew!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

that overhole guy is no good! :ohdear:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He's bad people.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Guys I think Underhole might be the villain???

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd be very surprised if Fallout Boy dies but I think the manga and horikoshi as a whole would benefit from it happening.
Same really.

E: I'm just thinking it won't happen because how badly it'd gently caress Eri up, having hope for the first time and having it utterly dashed

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man that is a really sweet power Shigaraki is going to jack

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wondering how hosed up his mouth is.

Or maybe he's just hiding his funny cartoon lips.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Wondering how hosed up his mouth is.

Or maybe he's just hiding his funny cartoon lips.

he's got those huge rear end anime lips and it ruins his cool guy aesthetic

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
he's not going to die but i think he's going to lose his quirk

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

fractalairduct posted:

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm leaning more towards the first possibility, from the continual shots to her watching Mirio fight for her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I could see that happening since it'd force mirio into a really bad situation

I don't see him dying tho. he could lose his quirk temporarily like suneater did, but at the end I think mirio and deku are gonna save eri together

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think that bullet is laced with serum that can permenantly "destroy" a quirk and it's going to hit Mirio

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it's totally the Qurik smashing bullet why is no one mentioning that, whoever is hit with it won't die. Hitting Eri would be great tbh

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah it's totally the Qurik smashing bullet why is no one mentioning that, whoever is hit with it won't die. Hitting Eri would be great tbh

Yeah that's exactly why I think she's gonna go for it. She clearly hates her Quirk and doesn't wanna see Mirio get hurt.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, poo poo.

What if it hits her, permanently destroys her quirk, and then Overhaul just immediately stops caring about her? "Fine. Take her. She's no use to me now." Then Mirio technically "wins" but loses in every way that matters.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo.

What if it hits her, permanently destroys her quirk, and then Overhaul just immediately stops caring about her? "Fine. Take her. She's no use to me now." Then Mirio technically "wins" but loses in every way that matters.
Then it solves the anti-quirk master-plan and the heroes win by default! :v:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Those remaining bullets will become much more important and ominous, then.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo.

in what sense? in that scenario he'd gotten her out of there like he promised.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wonder if overhaul could fix someone's quirk if they got hit with one of those bullets

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo.

What? That would literally be a perfect victory for Mirio. He'd have saved Eri, gotten away safely from Overhaul while simultaneously completely destroying the villainous plan. Shigaraki kills Overhaul later. All loose ends tied up (except Shigaraki has FMA powers now too).

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

if the quirk smashing bullet is made from eri's quirk can it actually remove hers? it's gone through some refinement process but if it's still hers at the end of the day I'm not even sure it'll do anything to her

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Pretty sure chronos isn't even aiming at mirio. He's aiming at eri. Hit her with one of the temp bullets - it still kills her, but mirio loses his reason to fight.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Pretty sure chronos isn't even aiming at mirio. He's aiming at eri. Hit her with one of the temp bullets - it still kills her, but mirio loses his reason to fight.

well if he's aiming at eri then it'd force mirio to take the bullet instead of letting it phase through him, so that'd be kinda clever actually

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shigaraki doesn't have AFO yet so if he kills Overhaul (the person) he can't take Overhaul (the quirk).

That said I also expect Overhaul to die to Shigaraki, without any attempt made to take his quirk even.

And yeah, Eri is really in danger here because, as we've seen more than once in this chapter, Overhaul is perfectly willing to hurt her, because then Mirio has to choose between letting her die (or stay dead, since he can revive people apparently) and not stopping Overhaul, and I'm pretty sure Overhaul is counting on him doing the latter to save Eri (or just being so stunned that he is left open and gets killed immediately afterward).

Also, clearly Overhaul's not an FMA character, because he's been pretty casually performing human transmutation without consequences. Or he has a philosopher's stone, I guess.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

well if he's aiming at eri then it'd force mirio to take the bullet instead of letting it phase through him, so that'd be kinda clever actually

Sickbrains me didn't even think of that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

He'll take the bullet and then phase it through him in some other direction.

Dude's amazing but he's not bullet dodging fast yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Kurono was kicked away. It's Nemoto the truth teller guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

He'll take the bullet and then phase it through him in some other direction.

Dude's amazing but he's not bullet dodging fast yet.

if it's a quirk disabling bullet, he can't do that either. he'll just get shot full stop

redirecting a bullet that's inside of you seems like it'd need even faster reaction time as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The catch with Mirio getting dequirked is that Deku and Co have to catch up because Overhaul can't be officially seen there for his alibi. Overhaul can't let Mirio live, even if he gets permanently dequirked and his remaining goon KOs him.