Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku threw his fight against Majin Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tbp posted:

there was no way he could do that in front of the grand priest and nigh omnipotent god kids

God kids need an app to watch a fast fight.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

As if using SSJ3 wouldn't have led to a loss

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Trunks split the timeline when he went back in time, leading to Beerus killing Zamasu.

That is a separate split

sassassin posted:

you are avoiding the part about the best fighter in this timeline

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

As if using SSJ3 wouldn't have led to a loss

he would have won the fight, then disappeared before he could teach the kids the fusion dance. then buu would have destroyed the world

even when you win, you still lose with ss3

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kashuno posted:

That is a separate split

Beerus is not a timetraveller so how can he create new timelines?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sassassin posted:

And the strongest fighters underestimating weaker fighters is the most DB thing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sassassin posted:

Whis rewound time right before Beerus did his thing. I imagine that doing things differently from how they played out pre-winding caused a timeline split.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Grand Priest spends his time carefully controlling two all powerful immortal children and has personally trained all his kids to manage cosmically destructive egomaniacs and train THEM.

He'd know if Goku threw the fight because understanding powerful people is literally his job.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

When a God kills a God, the timelines are impacted. This is explicit

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If Bergamo could convince Zen'o of not destroying everything if he won, then Zen-chan's best friend Son Goku could do it as well.

Instead he remained silent, grinned evilly (and that was one hell of an evil grin), and decided to taunt literally everyone because fighting is the most important thing for universal genocidal monster Son Goku.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

If Bergamo could convince Zen'o of not destroying everything if he won, then Zen-chan's best friend Son Goku could do it as well.

Instead he remained silent, grinned evilly (and that was one hell of an evil grin), and decided to taunt literally everyone because fighting is the most important thing for universal genocidal monster Son Goku.

you mean the thing whis and beerus also told him not to try?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one should ever listen to Beerus.

He is kind of dumb.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kild posted:

you mean the thing whis and beerus also told him not to try?

No, Beerus and Whis warned him against telling Zen'o to cancel the tournament, which Goku wouldn't have done anyways because he's Goku. He could've easily taken the same path as Bergamo, and he would've been successful at that, because Present Zen-chan genuinely likes him and has the mentality of a child, while Future Zen-chan is interested in him and fights in general.

I'm pretty sure all of this will end with Goku convincing the Zen'os that fighting is super cool and so they should bring everyone back so they can keep getting cool fights, but still, he could've saved everyone the heart attacks. He of all people should know how those feel!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

sassassin posted:

vegeta also realized this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If goku had gone SSJ3 right then and there vegeta probably would have tried to copy him.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
If Goku wins and doesn't wish back all the universes it will just be more evidence of his horrible evil. If he does wish back all the universes then the show won't have any consequences or tension. drat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kashuno posted:

When a God kills a God, the timelines are impacted. This is explicit

But killing Zamasu had no effect on the other timeline. Beerus only thought it would.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah he was kind of immediately proven wrong when they went back to the Future. The gods don't know poo poo.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Whis rewound time right before Beerus did his thing. I imagine that doing things differently from how they played out pre-winding caused a timeline split.

But stopping Freeza from blowing up Earth didn't create a time split? Like, don't all the extra time rings line up with how many different timelines Trunks created?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Beerus ended the prospect of a third Zamasu but that's it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Saagonsa posted:

But stopping Freeza from blowing up Earth didn't create a time split? Like, don't all the extra time rings line up with how many different timelines Trunks created?

Trunks and Cell created a whole bunch of new timelines. I'm sure I've seen diagrams trying to map it all out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought they explained zamasu sticking around by saying the time ring saved him from it or w/e

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
no universes have been erased, the angels are all in on it. the universe 9 angel is a bad actor while the universe 10 angel is real good at it

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why are all the angels stronger than the gods? What stopping any of the GoDs from training and getting stronger than their attendant angels and eventually the high priest?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

khwarezm posted:

If Goku wins and doesn't wish back all the universes it will just be more evidence of his horrible evil. If he does wish back all the universes then the show won't have any consequences or tension. drat.

Dragon Ball hasn't had tension in the long-term since Krillin was first resurrected.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Genocyber posted:

Dragon Ball hasn't had tension in the long-term since Krillin was first resurrected.

The Namek saga was non-stop tension, always thinking the next episode might reset back to Raditz.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

But killing Zamasu had no effect on the other timeline. Beerus only thought it would.

There are 7 time lines total. There is a future where Zamasu died (current) and a future where Zamasu didn't die (original), and a future where no one knew anything (Black)

Again, time travel and timelines in DBS are confusing and pretty messy

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

sassassin posted:

The Namek saga was non-stop tension, always thinking the next episode might reset back to Raditz.

Okay, yeah, the Endless Five Minutes arc was pretty tense I'll admit.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought they explained zamasu sticking around by saying the time ring saved him from it or w/e

I think that was just a fan theory going around when Beerus insisted he could totally destroy people across timelines, when the simple answer is that he doesn't know poo poo and Trunks himself is more of an authority on time travel shenanigans, as Beerus himself later admits. The future Trunks is returning to at the end also still had a Zamasu they had to deal with, and he didn't have any time ring powers at that point.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, Beerus and Whis warned him against telling Zen'o to cancel the tournament, which Goku wouldn't have done anyways because he's Goku. He could've easily taken the same path as Bergamo, and he would've been successful at that, because Present Zen-chan genuinely likes him and has the mentality of a child, while Future Zen-chan is interested in him and fights in general.

I'm pretty sure all of this will end with Goku convincing the Zen'os that fighting is super cool and so they should bring everyone back so they can keep getting cool fights, but still, he could've saved everyone the heart attacks. He of all people should know how those feel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ab7KN1tVpI

No Whis warns him against it here.

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 31, 2017

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

a cartoon duck posted:

I think that was just a fan theory going around when Beerus insisted he could totally destroy people across timelines, when the simple answer is that he doesn't know poo poo and Trunks himself is more of an authority on time travel shenanigans, as Beerus himself later admits. The future Trunks is returning to at the end also still had a Zamasu they had to deal with, and he didn't have any time ring powers at that point.

No actually they stated it in the loving show. They ask Goku Black why he's still around and he says "time ring idiots"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah my bad, the characters themselves were busy enough throwing random guesses around that it's easy to lose track afterwards.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Goku Black is a result of the time ring. I'm not kidding when I say Time travel in this show is hosed up. again, Goku Black's mere existence is a hosed up loop that relies on Future Trunks coming back in time to escape from Goku Black that drags him to the past that creates the visit to Zamasu/Gowasu that creates Goku Black via the use of the time ring.

Goku Black's existence is the result of Goku Black's existence, which is the result of Goku Black's existence!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I still couldn't quite figure out how Goku Black existed but the best I can come up with is "time rings" and call it a day.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's implied all these timelines already exist by (I think) Black who stated he traveled endless realities searching for the right one.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I just realized something, if one zeno can count to 5 and the other to 8 doesn't that make up the whole 13 universes?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Goku Black is dumb. Zamasu is an okay villain but Goku Black is dumb.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku Black is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kashuno posted:

Yeah Goku Black is a result of the time ring. I'm not kidding when I say Time travel in this show is hosed up. again, Goku Black's mere existence is a hosed up loop that relies on Future Trunks coming back in time to escape from Goku Black that drags him to the past that creates the visit to Zamasu/Gowasu that creates Goku Black via the use of the time ring.

Goku Black's existence is the result of Goku Black's existence, which is the result of Goku Black's existence!

The Android Saga is dependent on Trunks already having succeeded. Funny loops are par for the course.