Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

Goku Black is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be exact how that leak says it works.

You can alt pick Goku as SSB Goku or Vegeta as SSB Vegeta. The two have diffrent moves as they are diffrent characters.

When picking 18 you can alternately pick 17 with 18 as support.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If FighterZ gives us Kale I will pay whatever the DLC costs

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can you play as the most important Android, Eighter?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

If FighterZ gives us Kale I will pay whatever the DLC costs

I'd rather Caulifla with Kale as support but I'll take either of them to any degree, honestly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kale with broly support

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

why would they have 17 in the game but not king kai's pet monkey

Caros
May 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

kale with broly support

Broly with Bio-Broly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think Kale could add a very neat fighting style to the game that no one else really can. Namely, she could start in her base form, weak and panicking, until you get enough Ki and then turn (at the player's command) into her Berserk state and just become insanely powerful and unflinching until Ki burns out, then you're back to base Kale and getting beaten up.

My main inspiration in that is Gabranth in Dissidia, so something like that. That said, I doubt anyone from the ToP will be in the beginning cast, hell, I'm crossing my fingers for Black and/or Zamasu, anything later than that is probably impossible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

From the leaks it's suppose to work like that. Same deal with SS Goku vs SSB Goku/Vegeta.

this is hilariously made-up bullshit

truly anonymous internet man got exclusive information from the dev team nobody else did

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Blockhouse posted:

truly anonymous internet man got exclusive information from the dev team nobody else did

What if his uncle worked at arc systems. You ever think about that???

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Genocyber posted:

I'm a bit late to the villain chat but this point here is why I really like Black and Zamasu as a villain pair, even if as individuals they're a bit bland. Teamwork is something you rarely see period in Dragon Ball, let alone the villains doing it. Basically:

A little late as well, but one aspect I really liked about Zamasu was how he started out weak and had to be sneaky and underhanded to get his objectives done like Imperfect Cell. And that he used the things the protagonists did against them like using the Dragon Balls, Zenkai boosts, bullshit new forms and even fusion.

I wonder if they can add Bulma as a playable character? Give her a jetpack to jump and fly around, have her summon Trunks, Goten and maybe the Pilaf crew for her attacks and supers. And if she gets knocked out and you have Vegeta in your team, he'd go Super Saiyan MY BULMA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

it almost definitely is fake but it wouldn't be the first time leaks have happened on 4chan and proven accurate.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's obviously fake because of "super Sayian season pass" and trying to place when the story happens as if anyone put that much thought into it. The towa stuff could be true as they keep pushing them into everything, the multi timeline stuff, and the enemies look possessed by her. On the other hand those characters suck.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it almost definitely is fake but it wouldn't be the first time leaks have happened on 4chan and proven accurate.

Oh, totally. This one just isn't in any way from the content to the conditions of how it happened. I've got an actual real source that has talked to the devs and they didn't say poo poo about new characters to him so I doubt 4chan rando somehow said the secret combination of words that gives all the information.

RBX posted:

That's obviously fake because of "super Sayian season pass" and trying to place when the story happens as if anyone put that much thought into it. The towa stuff could be true as they keep pushing them into everything, the multi timeline stuff, and the enemies look possessed by her. On the other hand those characters suck.

the bad guys are android clones which really isn't towa's thing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh they are? Ok thank god.

That second leak posted was the one I saw too and came out around the time the MVC Full roster leak happened.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

17 all he did was get wrecked by piccolo lmao

Never happened.

It's funny that 90% of Piccolo's movelist is techniques that didn't work. Hellzone grenade is scrub-tier poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Techniques that don't work are infinitely cooler than techniques that do.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I could see Towa making it in just to have another lady fighter if they don't want to dig too deep into recent Super stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kanos posted:

I could see Towa making it in just to have another lady fighter if they don't want to dig too deep into recent Super stuff.

No garbage characters from lovely games please

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Guys. Guys.

We have no guarantee that Whis didn't just take Trunks and Mai out into the backyard and killed them for committing time travel crimes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Andrast posted:

The Xenoverse games are really good fun if you're not looking for a balanced, competitive fighting game and you're not an OCD completionist who has to grind out every lovely move.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Speaking of fighting game rosters, I wonder if Caulifla and Kale are gonna become shoe-ins a year or two from now just because of how starved this franchise is of female fighters.

Imagine the next big Dragon Ball fighting game that's mostly rehashing Z all over again, but also Caulifla and Kale are there for good measure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yes Caulifla and Kale will be in every game forever and I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to be part of the main plot a lot more in future arcs

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TFRazorsaw posted:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Can't believe they make an adult Goten figure before he even grows an inch in super. :shepface:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Andrast posted:

Dragon Ball Heroes is good

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Aurora posted:

Dragon Ball Heroes is good

The trailers are pretty bad though. They always just play that stupid song.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Those trailers could be the only part of Dragonball Heroes that actually exists and it would still be the best DB game in at least a decade.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

The trailers are pretty bad though. They always just play that stupid song.

The trailers are also good

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kanos posted:

The Xenoverse games are really good fun if you're not looking for a balanced, competitive fighting game and you're not an OCD completionist who has to grind out every lovely move.

Xenoverse games are terribly boring and grindy as gently caress and I thank god every day that Dragon ball fighter z is coming out.

Praise Arc sys.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's a good thing Xenoverse does something completely different from FighterZ

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Aurora posted:

It's a good thing Xenoverse does something completely different from FighterZ

I'm fine with different types of games, but I want the game to be good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Monaghan posted:

I'm fine with different types of games, but I want the game to be good.

It is good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Xenoverse is goofy and I hope they keep improving for 3

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Creating your own sangokuu is the reticent wish of all who watch Doragon Bōru Zetto ドラゴンボールZ
if you thought that's all there is to that game, then it's just according to keikaku

*TN: keikaku means plan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haha epic my dude

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
17 being an assist is pretty logical. Your aim as arcsys is to get as many visually distinct and popular characters in the game. But it's also to have a roster of fighters with plausibly different fighting styles. 17 and 18 are really similar both visually and from a fighting style perspective. Add to that the optics of Android 18 as a woman losing a spot to 17 and the decision makes a bunch of sense.

Someone put out a case against 16 in favour of 17, but 16's inclusion is obvious because from a gameplay perspective his Moveset makes him plausible as a command grab character which the game lacked until his inclusion.

What's interesting is that there are no strong oki characters in the game yet, so it would be interesting to see yamcha in the game using the spirit ball for that niche.

Caros
May 14, 2008

An amusing shot from a one off jump celebration booklet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Love it