Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
We can joke about Nappa being in the game, but you could easily put together a move list for him. Lightning aura, mouth cannon, his finger-thing he used to blow up the city. Give him Oozaru form if noone else has it. Saibaman summons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Napp's Giant Storm was literally one of the best moves in Xenoverse 1. So much that they had to nerf how energy attacks worked on the sequel.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Tae posted:

Napp's Giant Storm was literally one of the best moves in Xenoverse 1. So much that they had to nerf how energy attacks worked on the sequel.

Giant Storm and Explosive Demon Wave were all I ever used. The enemy AI didn't seem to know how to block them.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

1. Is there a way to make a fun moveset with them that isn't too much of a repeat? (Android 16 fits this bill, Duck Hunt dog and Phoenix Wright too) admittedly

This can result in having to be very creative if you hold solely to your source. A prime previous example is Yuda. Almost none of his attacks are him attacking. Yet is not a 'joke character'.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdjyg78vxSQ

Christ

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

We can joke about Nappa being in the game, but you could easily put together a move list for him. Lightning aura, mouth cannon, his finger-thing he used to blow up the city. Give him Oozaru form if noone else has it. Saibaman summons.

Yeah he was a legit answer. He'd be DBFZ Sentinel or something.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Half of Dracula posted:

We can joke about Nappa being in the game, but you could easily put together a move list for him. Lightning aura, mouth cannon, his finger-thing he used to blow up the city. Give him Oozaru form if noone else has it. Saibaman summons. Scoop Slam.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
^ Nice.

Considering 16 is in, I could see Nappa making it as well. Hell, if we want a main villain and minion from each saga (sorta like Cell and Androids), I could see Nappa repping the Saiyan Saga, Ginyu representing the Frieza saga, and Dabura or another Buu form repping the Buu saga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nappa is really boring though. I guess he's memorable due to killing like 3 people but there's so many people more interesting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's a fighting game.

There characters mean nothing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I could see Hit making it in just because he's got a super unique fighting style that is potentially visually amazing. I'm a huge sucker for his punch combos that do the energy flash thing through the enemy's body.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's a fighting game.

There characters mean nothing.

Something something functions.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tien and Yamcha will likely be tied together, they tend to be in games like this. If they're in at all.

Who the Assist and who the main fighter would be, who knows.

LIKELY Tien would be the main fighter since he's the more distinct one, with Yamcha's assist moves being stuff like Wolf Fang Fist and Spirit Ball.

But who knows really

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Goku Black and Bardock will both be in this game

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I think we're really overstating the assist and main fighter here. It'd really dilute, say, 18 and 17 if every other character put in had some sort of assistant gimmick. Especially for ones not historically paired to a literal extent like the Androids, or Black and Zamasu. Even then, in the latter I see Merged Zamasu being more likely.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Bee posted:

I think we're really overstating the assist and main fighter here. It'd really dilute, say, 18 and 17 if every other character put in had some sort of assistant gimmick. Especially for ones not historically paired to a literal extent like the Androids, or Black and Zamasu. Even then, in the latter I see Merged Zamasu being more likely.

Black + Zamasu, Goten + Trunks, Burter + Jeice are the only ones that would fit imo.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
That clip reminds me that they had a perfect chance to raise the stakes and just didn't.

Roshi is exhausted; he's eliminated like 3 people at this point, almost died. He's done all you could ask him to do.

I legitimately thought that Goku was taking Roshi to the edge of the Arena, and there was going to be a full heartfelt conversation where Roshi is like 'Carry on and make sure you win, not just for Earth but for the Turtle Style." and Goku is like "Okay, you can count on me." and then Roshi just steps out of the ring and lets himself be removed.

But I guess Invincible Universe 7 taking any loses outside of a sneak attack on Krillin just isn't allowed.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kild posted:

Black + Zamasu, Goten + Trunks, Burter + Jeice are the only ones that would fit imo.

In each of those cases I feel like there are better options, like Merged Zamasu, Gotenks, and Ginyu with the entire Force as temporarily called-in assists. Still agree that those are the best options for full-on teams, though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

In each of those cases I feel like there are better options, like Merged Zamasu, Gotenks, and Ginyu with the entire Force as temporarily called-in assists. Still agree that those are the best options for full-on teams, though.

Merged Zamasu is way lamer than a Black + Zamasu tag team

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

That clip reminds me that they had a perfect chance to raise the stakes and just didn't.

Roshi is exhausted; he's eliminated like 3 people at this point, almost died. He's done all you could ask him to do.

I legitimately thought that Goku was taking Roshi to the edge of the Arena, and there was going to be a full heartfelt conversation where Roshi is like 'Carry on and make sure you win, not just for Earth but for the Turtle Style." and Goku is like "Okay, you can count on me." and then Roshi just steps out of the ring and lets himself be removed.

But I guess Invincible Universe 7 taking any loses outside of a sneak attack on Krillin just isn't allowed.

It would be incredibly silly for Goku to toss Roshi off the edge for one reason

So long as they have ONE person in the ring, they can win.

If it comes down to the time limit, the more people they have still in the ring, the better. It doesn't matter if they can fight anymore or not. That's one reason why the two hidden guys are so dangerous, if they staid like that they'd have a huge advantage.

Now yes, Roshi SHOULD have been knocked off the stage. But don't blame the characters for not being THAT stupid.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah but on the other hand he fuckin died in the ring and had to be brought back. Unless they're aiming to DQ someone when they push him over and his heart stops again he's not gonna put up much of a challenge.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

yeah but on the other hand he fuckin died in the ring and had to be brought back. Unless they're aiming to DQ someone when they push him over and his heart stops again he's not gonna put up much of a challenge.

By that logic, Kale should be tossed out of the ring because she has to rest too.

That's ridiculous.

And yeah, actually, if some one is stupid enough to attack Roshi with the force to kill him, that just helps Universe 7.

There is no point in this where you can win the argument. Piccolo had to toss that one guy out for a reason- it doesn't matter what state they're in. If they're still alive and they're in the ring, it doesn't matter if they can fight or not. They count.

Roshi is still alive, tossing him over the edge is suicidal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Master Roshi got brought back with godly ki so he's gonna be even better than before.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Nappa is really boring though. I guess he's memorable due to killing like 3 people but there's so many people more interesting.

Nappa is one of the best adversaries our plucky heroes have faced to date.

Nappa rules.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I honestly don't think we're going to see any other tag team characters given that 17's animations are completely identical to 18's and that's a trick you can only get away with on those two. Plus it's her entire gimmick since she's otherwise an unremarkable rushdown character and they wouldn't dilute that by suddenly doing five more.

If we see Black or Zamasu in the game at all it'll be as Rose Black or Merged Zamasu. Gotenks is an absolute shoe-in and you can't really justify Goten and Trunks as separate characters since all of their fun gimmicks are tied up in Gotenks. Nappa isn't going to happen because he's Nappa.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 2, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nappa would be in if the game was just retelling DBZ's story arcs, but it's not, so his chances are kind of slim.

I'd like to see him though. There aren't a lot of huge dudes like him and 16 around for the roster to use.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nappa just has a cool move list. I was watching Kai recently, and at the start of Z there's a whole bunch of cool ki techniques that aren't "a laser". There's all sorts of weird crackling lightning auras and wavy lines and instant looking telekinetic attacks and internal explosions and stuff. Both Nappa's giant storm (or whatever it's called) and the "great cutting row" (I forget the name) where he swipes his hand and makes an explosion are great moves. Weird lightning aura that he then uses to dismember you.

His body type is also different than standard so he stands out. He had enough fight scenes for a goon heavy that you could conceivably make a full set of normals for that are unique.

Nappa rules.

E: Whoops, "great cutting row" was a Freeza thing. Nappa just used 2 different variations of "giant storm"

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 2, 2017

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They should have RECOOME to rep the Ginyu Force too

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
While looking up Nappa's moves, I always found it funny that Raditz has like "Vacation Delete", "Double Sunday", "Saturday Crash" and all that... pretty sure the first Budokai named his attacks.

After days of the

"weak"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

This is going to be one great big work of art once this whole tournament gets done.

EDIT: Wow, loved how he stopped all the footage and the timer when hit did a time skip. He's very dedicated.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So tonight we learn if Tien is just really, really hated by the people behind Super or not.

He's finally going to do poo poo. Will he get something like Roshi, or will he get Krillined

Never has the dread been thicker

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tien is probably going to be key to killing the sniper and either take the sniper down with him or get immediately jobbed by toppo to start building toward the Jiren fight

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I could see Merged Zamasu being a special character in Fighterz were he is only selectable if both Black and Zamasu on the team. And bringing him eliminates Black and Zamasu.

Then it's just fun imagining how the 3 of them would work. I would imagine with Zamasu that his HP constantly regenerates to show his immortality. Black Meanwhile got stronger as he took damage so I can imagine them doing that for him as well. Then the merged version has both abilities, but if you do enough damage to him. (Say the whole of what his original life bar would be if not for his regen. He mutates into that half corrupted form due to his incomplete immortality.

While it's unlikely they would actually work that way. I think that would be a cool way to represent him in game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It would be cool if fusion between characters who've fused was a think but I don't think it'll happen unless they allow Goku/Vegeta to be Vegito or Gogeta

Plus Gotenks is most likely by himself

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Burkion posted:

So tonight we learn if Tien is just really, really hated by the people behind Super or not.

He's finally going to do poo poo. Will he get something like Roshi, or will he get Krillined

Never has the dread been thicker

Tien gonna be the coolest and the loving strongest

Our time is now brothers!!!!!!!!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
He's gonna shin Kikoho somebody. Has to happen.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Goku Black and Zamasu as a team but Zamasu only shows up when Goku Black blocks to take the damage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
as a fun fact here's the top twenty dragonball characters from a book released in japan in 2005ish

quote:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Trunks
Piccolo
Goten
Krillin
Majin Buu
Frieza
Android 18
Mr. Satan
Korin
Master Roshi
Cell
Yamcha
Tien Shinhan
Bulma
Android 17
Yajirobe
Videl

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Squallege posted:

Goku Black and Zamasu as a team but Zamasu only shows up when Goku Black blocks to take the damage.

That and a taunt that's just him shouting "NINGEN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
His other taunt is hugging Goku Black

Evily