Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Caidin posted:

Yeah but everyone devotes about a 80 to 100% of thier man power to fighting universe 7 so it still works to being outnumbered.

Now the real question is how the sniper jerks found time to set up a rather delicate retinue when the entire ring is constantly exploding.

The rest of their team helpfully drew almost everyone's attention a little while earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Goku and Vegeta parts were great, I agree. I think Dragon Ball shines best when those two guys are working together.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yamcha did good in this episode

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
I was extremely disappointed Tien didn't get to have a hand-to-hand fight, and now he'll never get one.
I mean, there was a lot they could have done with him before his pathetic exit, but whatever.
Looking forward to Roshi's defeat in two weeks!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
lmao Tien.

Krillin saved a powerful and valuable teammate from a surprise attack and then kicked the poo poo out of several opponents before getting sucker punched off the side by Frost and getting yelled at for letting his guard down by everyone. Tien's contribution was to get shot in the face several times by running in a straight line towards a sniper, shooting said sniper with a Kikoho, then walking into melee range and entirely letting his guard down and letting his opponent blow him up and only barely succeeding at managing a double KO, and despite his loss being entirely his own idiot fault, everyone compliments him for trying his best, including loving Beerus.

Tien is the worst character, christ.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What was with all the naruto running in this episode.

Maybe now we can get more Tien, even if it's just talking on the sidelines ala Krillin?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I thought it was funny that Beerus praised Tien after berating Krillin. Krillin eliminated like two or three guys right? I'm pretty sure Beerus just doesn't like him. He can't even remember his name after all. Pretty boring episode though. I hope Dr. Rotor comes back in some future story so we can see his incredible ability.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I thought it was funny that Beerus praised Tien after berating Krillin. Krillin eliminated like two or three guys right? I'm pretty sure Beerus just doesn't like him. He can't even remember his name after all. Pretty boring episode though. I hope Dr. Rotor comes back in some future story so we can see his incredible ability.

I'm very sorry for your name, for the record.

Must feel bad to always have defeat looming in your future

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the worst part is Tien coulda just left a clone in the ring and been fine.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Burkion posted:

I'm very sorry for your name, for the record.

Must feel bad to always have defeat looming in your future

Goku yelling for like 5 min straight is cool I don't care if the outcome isn't.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Raxivace posted:

I dunno about that. Consider Dr. Rota for example, and his amazing ability of-

he motorboated that guy's moobs

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's pretty clear what Dr. Rota's ability is, he has the insanely deadly FRONTAL FULL NELSON, clearly stolen from Goku! The perfect wrestling technique!
EDIT: I wanna see one of those lovely internet ads going "You'll never guess this character's ability! Doctors hate him!" with Dr. Rota on it now.

Have Namekians been depicted as having particularly fragile limbs in the past?

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 3, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everyone Hates Tien

Good to see Gohan looking like the scrub he has always been.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I remember reading a number of weeks ago a thinkpiece about how one or two people, possibly the two fighters we hadn't been shown, were special assassin type fighters, and that Tien would get his time to shine by countering their assassin style with his own savvy Crane learnings but his post-Crane honor.

It was weird watching that odd theory start to come true before Tien just faceplanted into a dude and ringed himself out instead.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

seiferguy posted:

The Goku and Vegeta parts were great, I agree. I think Dragon Ball shines best when those two guys are working together.

It'll sure suck when Vegeta is the next to be eliminated then.

Seriously unless Roshi goes out next week that theory is 2 for 2 so far, and Vegeta's sharing a screen with Krillin and Tien.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.
What's not to like about Goku and Vegeta throwing giant rocks at their opponents? That was extremely good.

Why didn't Tien or anybody else use Taiyōken on the sniper guy or the reflecting blob man? Just because the move failed on a blind fighter doesn't mean it's an invalid technique, this would've been the perfect episode for it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zamasu posted:

What's not to like about Goku and Vegeta throwing giant rocks at their opponents? That was extremely good.

They could have just zipped up and punched him. Like, someone please throw a loving punch in this punchman show.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They're trying to be clever but instead they have become dumb

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yeah, not gonna lie, this was a pretty lovely episode.

Also lol at the sneaky sniper shouting "REFLECTION" at the top of his lungs every shot

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So the orbs sense body heat, and the sniper goes after targets based on that.

So why did the sniper shoot that random rock that Piccolo threw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

So the orbs sense body heat, and the sniper goes after targets based on that.

So why did the sniper shoot that random rock that Piccolo threw

the smaller orbs on the ground did the heat sensing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just waiting until the real poo poo goes down at this point. The recent episodes are fine but seeing Base Goku and Vegeta fake being in peril is getting old. They really should've scaled this down a bit or something so it doesn't drag as much. What if it was 6 fighters from each universe. Frieza, Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and maybe Buu or 17.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I sure hope Vegeta doesn't get knocked out next. Before Roshi? C'mon

Pretty sure Tien is going to disappear from all future plots entirely now, not sure why they did this to him the last time he could probably be relevant

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RBX posted:

I'm just waiting until the real poo poo goes down at this point. The recent episodes are fine but seeing Base Goku and Vegeta fake being in peril is getting old. They really should've scaled this down a bit or something so it doesn't drag as much. What if it was 6 fighters from each universe. Frieza, Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and maybe Buu or 17.

Then it'd be the exact same poo poo it is every other time.

17, 18, and Roshi actually getting to go out and do things is great

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

They could have just zipped up and punched him. Like, someone please throw a loving punch in this punchman show.

That sounds like something Tenshinhan would do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RBX posted:

It would still be the same padded, one-sided demolition only maybe worse because who are you going to chump out from that list?

Petiso posted:

That sounds like something Tenshinhan would do.

Based on the last episode it's absolutely not something Tien would ever consider doing the goddamn moron.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

It would still be the same padded, one-sided demolition only maybe worse because who are you going to chump out from that list?

Piccolo, Vegeta and Gohan have much experience in jobbing

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
So glad that Dr. Rota got taken out. His ability was far too powerful.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/myanimewaifu/status/904199823661793280

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Piccolo in this episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJ2rFgO2UE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys but Tien is stronger hurr durr he scuffed cell's shoes that one time hurr durr

I'm riding high today, fellas. It's Kriller Time.:smugdog:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Shinjobi posted:

Guys but Tien is stronger hurr durr he scuffed cell's shoes that one time hurr durr

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shinjobi posted:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I mean, could krillin really have done any better in that situation?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Man, I like Tien a lot. This episode was disappointing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Shinjobi posted:

Krillin likes Taco's, what is Tien's stance on those.... :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, could krillin really have done any better in that situation?

Yeah, solar flare, not using the multi-form technique like a complete chode, actually just taking the guy out instead of giving him a moment to fight back.

Krillin's been explicitly set up throughout the ToP arc as 'The one that actually fights pretty smart.' Keeping up with SSB Goku with trickery and smart technique. If anyone could have handled that fight from U7 it was him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Krillin went out before Tien and was only saved by his cool wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

Krillin went out before Tien and was only saved by his cool wife

Yeah Tien isn't even considered important enough to be worth saving by anybody