Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The best part was that this got so popular you had people cosplaying that guy photobombing homestuck photoshoots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku has a father drat it

He has a dad!!!!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Shinjobi posted:

He has a dad!!!!

Yeah, and his name is Toshinori Yagi

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am your dad now. you can call me daddy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Getting saved by All Might is just a thing that happens. Getting saved by Toshinori is something special.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

a.lo posted:

i am your dad now. you can call me daddy

Whenever I read your posts I like to imagine it's Ochako saying your post with that expression on her face. That made this post in particular quite funny.

That is all.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

He has a dad!!!!

It's my understanding that Deku's father's name roughly translates to, "Sir Not Appearing In This Story."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
People said the same goddamn thing about Ging's dad from HxH, but he did eventually show up (also would have been a good time to end the series tbqh)

I hope Deku's dad shows up at some point, but that it serves a purpose.

I also hope he is a huge loveable geek.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mordaedil posted:

People says the same goddamn thing about Ging's dad from HxH, but he did eventually show up (also would have been a good time to end the series tbqh)

Ging isn't a good comparison at all because Gon's story was literally about finding him. Deku's father, meanwhile, has no real relevance to... Anything in Deku's life, as far as we've seen, and has been mentioned all of once in the story so far.

Also the current HxH arc is great, even if that particular moment did work well as a series stopping point (and was the stopping point for the anime).

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He's more like Jotaro's dad than Ging.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair I didn't mean to draw a comparison directly, also I haven't seen JoJo yet.

I just meant it as a dad showing up later in an anime and I actually can't think of a single other anime where that happened.

Disclaimer that I might not have seen that anime you're thinking of that totally has a dad show up.

And then I thought of Full Metal Alchemist fml

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Cool, didn't know All Might was a member of the Straw Hat pirates.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mordaedil posted:

People said the same goddamn thing about Ging's dad from HxH, but he did eventually show up (also would have been a good time to end the series tbqh)

I'm pretty sure Ging's dad hasn't appeared in HxH. He's probably chilling somewhere alongside his best friend, Dycedarg's elder brother.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Deku's father will turn out to have used an overseas business trip as an excuse to collect a fuckton of western comic book merchandise. Hundreds of Spiderman figurines, Venom figurines, the works.

that's right

deku's father is the author

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordaedil posted:

Just making sure you mean Gon? Reading HxH right now and it would be the funniest poo poo if Gon is hunting his father who is actually hunting his father.

Also I feel Ging shows up pretty early, like 2 arcs in. I mean Gon doesn't see him, but we see him riding a monster that's riding an even bigger monster.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Deku's dad will show up in a dragon costume, because he's both a nerd AND a hero.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ill be your dad, deku

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

a.lo posted:

ill be your dad, deku

Viridiant posted:

Whenever I read your posts I like to imagine it's Ochako saying your post with that expression on her face.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Deku's dad is breathes fire, I bet he's pretty cool.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vonnie posted:

Deku's dad is breathes fire, I bet he's pretty cool.

Endeavor isn't cool.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Holy poo poo endeavor has two families and deku is his son

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He's actually a fry cook secretly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

He's actually a fry cook secretly.

http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Lunch-Rush

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

JahRoo posted:

Holy poo poo endeavor has two families and deku is his son

Three families, because Dabi.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dabi is just a reject and doesn't necessarily have a different mother. It's unlikely Endeavour started his homegrown eugenics project until he found a woman with an ice quirk.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Well, I gotta say Mirio at least got to accomplish more than I expected before he inevitably gets defeated, if not outright killed, by Chisaki.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The manga's about Deku, so he'll be the one to show up at the last minute and take the bullet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seems more like deku and nighteye will show up at the end of next chapter after mirio is put in a bad position

maybe deku arrives by himself because nighteye gets tied up with something else and deku/mirio save eri together

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its gonna turn out that nighteye foresaw mirio dying but didnt say anything because he thought it would be the ultimate heroic demonstration

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I still don't know how the perfected bullet is going to hit Mirio given it's been massively telegraphed.

Uh, unless it's SO destructive to quirks or something that it defeats any and all defenses? Like it can hit Mirio even when he's impermeable?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I still don't know how the perfected bullet is going to hit Mirio given it's been massively telegraphed.

Uh, unless it's SO destructive to quirks or something that it defeats any and all defenses? Like it can hit Mirio even when he's impermeable?

The problem with Mirio's quirk is that he can become intangible... but he can't make others that way. So if a bullet is aimed at someone else, say the little girl he's currently trying to protect, he can't really do anything about it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I believe in Mirio

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Terper posted:

The problem with Mirio's quirk is that he can become intangible... but he can't make others that way. So if a bullet is aimed at someone else, say the little girl he's currently trying to protect, he can't really do anything about it.

Mhmm. His quirk is a great way for him to defend himself but it's useless when it comes to acting as a defense for others. Our good pal Red Riot can armour up and block with his body, Fatgum can do the same, Concrete guy can put up walls to protect people. Mirio can't do anything like that.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Kild posted:

Endeavor isn't cool.

Endeavor doesn't breathe fire.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He LIVES it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

shoot at eri so mirio has to get in the way and take the bullet, boom problem solved

even if it hits eri, who cares overhaul is right there and would fix it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The bullet is going to just barely break one of eri's horns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
OST for season 2 is dropping. Putting this here since it might be spoiler material for the anime-only people.

When the gently caress will THIS play? Are we getting the mall confrontation I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuTwBgKpUVQ