Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I'm genuinely unsure if this is fake or not

The best part was when they redid scenes from the beginning of the anime they made them bigger too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

sassassin posted:

No Dragonball characters look alike that's for sure.

No Toriyama has admitted he's just straight up bad at drawing women and girls whereas Oda can draw women differently but doesn't want to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Toriyama has also TRIED to draw different looking women

Oda doesn't care

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
It's odd because Amazon Lily had a lot of interesting and different designs.

Meanwhile, the ToP has a lot of great new designs in general, but the women in particular stand out because of how atypically diverse they are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

unfortunate content of that episode aside, universe 4 and it's dragon quest as hell designs were cool and it's a shame caway the princess looking one was just there for a poo poo joke

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kild posted:

The best part was when they redid scenes from the beginning of the anime they made them bigger too.

This always makes me laugh:

Cran posted:

It's odd because Amazon Lily had a lot of interesting and different designs.

That's the most frustrating part, outside of Amazon Lily every female character falls into the hourglass-shaped supermodel (Nami, Robin, Rebecca, etc...) or monster of the abyss (Miss Merrychristmas, Dadan, Big Mom, etc...) categories, yet he has proven he can draw non-standard pretty and non-attractive-but-not-repulsive women.

As for DB women, I never got that "samey" impression. Maybe personality-wise. Toriyama explained in an author blurb in Dr.Slump that he hates drawing romantic scenes because he gets itchy all over, and that's why most of his girls are tomboys and characters marry each other so suddenly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
people who draw manga are loving weirdos, news at a11

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

unfortunate content of that episode aside, universe 4 and it's dragon quest as hell designs were cool and it's a shame caway the princess looking one was just there for a poo poo joke

Wait, what? What was this?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TenCentFang posted:

Wait, what? What was this?

he's talking about when Roshi defeated that U4 girl with the power of implied rape

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The worst part of shonen are the stupid love interests, so I support Toriyama's way of handling that issue.

Also he does draw the same characters over and over, but he draws the same characters in OTHER IPs, even if his art style is same-facey and the body types for women are basically the same most DBZ characters (Son family line aside) are very distinct and easily recognizable.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Petiso posted:

This always makes me laugh:

I am so mad.

quote:

As for DB women, I never got that "samey" impression. Maybe personality-wise. Toriyama explained in an author blurb in Dr.Slump that he hates drawing romantic scenes because he gets itchy all over, and that's why most of his girls are tomboys and characters marry each other so suddenly.

I mean, I can appreciate that Toriyama explicitly doesn't like making stereotypical women, but it's also kinda weird.

Zzulu posted:

people who draw manga are loving weirdos, news at a11

Toriyama is like legit autistic or something, though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CharlestonJew posted:

he's talking about when Roshi defeated that U4 girl with the power of expressed intention to rape

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

gently caress these tittiea are making me so ANGRY!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Savage For The Winjun posted:

naw mate I mean like mad with great big anime tiddy lust, shjt lemme post about this on my semi-unironic facebook shitposting group

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

IT'S 👏 CALLED 👏 HENTAI 👏 YOU 👏 PHILISTINE 👏

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nothing grinds my gears like a rude pair of titties.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there Super this weekend?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bowmore posted:

Is there Super this weekend?

Nope.

Do we get new Super next week?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
For two weeks, then another break, then the special.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Special's gonna be Trunks and Goten on the island, cant wait.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh I get it now,

So this episode about the sniper and Tien being awful was a carefully crafted, intentionally lovely episode, so that'd we'd welcome a change of pace and see Trunks and Goten fight poachers.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
lul if you don't think the Poachers are going to be more of a challenge to Goten and Trunks then the ToP has been to Goku and friends.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
we already know the special is goku vs jiren this joke is dumb

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i hope they kiss

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Two saiyans discover the only thing they love more than fighting, is each other.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What they're hyping up as a Jiren/Goku match will actually end up being a team up when Jiren learns that goku didn't start this tournament to destroy universes but just to fight strong people and Jiren will be like "wow fighting strong opponents IS fun" and then they will team up in a 2v2 against Frost and Frieza

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Stallion Cabana posted:

lul if you don't think the Poachers are going to be more of a challenge to Goten and Trunks then the ToP has been to Goku and friends.

The poachers will have them generally on the ropes, then they fuse, go SSJ3, and hit all their classic moves to ringout poachers by the handful.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Forget Goten and Trunks, what I want to know is if Krillin and 18 taught Marron how to fight. Is she going to Destructo Disc some tanks and Solar Flare some fools?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If Marron inherited her mother's NANOMACHINE nature or whatever the gently caress 18 is then as her and Krillin's kid, she should logically be able to tirelessly throw dozens of discs nonstop

The Super cast keep having horrifically template-stacked ultrachildren

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

amigolupus posted:

Forget Goten and Trunks, what I want to know is if Krillin and 18 taught Marron how to fight. Is she going to Destructo Disc some tanks and Solar Flare some fools?

i want to see this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I hope no more children are forced into life or death combat situations, regardless of their bloodlines.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

sassassin posted:

I hope no more children are forced into life or death combat situations, regardless of their bloodlines.

Turned out well for Gohan. Married rich and has a cool green alien dad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sassassin posted:

Haven't you called for the death of Zeno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Rhonne posted:

Turned out well for Gohan. Married rich and has a cool green alien dad.

hell it worked out great for Goku. Dude can be revived at will if anything ever messes with him, he's made friends with literal gods and beings beyond even them, was able to marry someone and have multiple kids that maintain an okay lifestyle and put up with his poo poo, and has explored more of the multiverse than most mortals know existed. The man did alright

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Raxivace posted:

thats not a life or death scenario, just death

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Marron removes both her forearms to reveal two guns underneath.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp3tZ3XFyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

I hope no more children are forced into life or death combat situations, regardless of their bloodlines, unless their playtime is responsible for the deaths of trillions

no gods no masters.