Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Namekian biology makes no goddamn sense since picollo was nearly killed by a finger sized hole in his body but he can regenerate 90% of his body?

King piccolo died from a hole in his chest. Maybe They just have a weak point in their chest area!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I'm almost positive the whole "Namekians can regenerate from their heads" thing is a retcon brought upon by the reason any plot hole in DB happens: Toriyama Forgot.

Right along him eating all the time in Super even to the point where ChiChi makes him do chores to pay for the food he's eating when he specifically used to point out he only needs to drink water.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The head is the necessary regen Organ. But they can get killed if hurt badly enough and can't focus their energy to regenerate.

The Combo of Freeza's more or less indestructibility and ability to survive in pretty much any state, along with Piccolo's regeneration was why Cell's regeneration was a problem.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

socialsecurity posted:

Right along him eating all the time in Super even to the point where ChiChi makes him do chores to pay for the food he's eating when he specifically used to point out he only needs to drink water.

You could probably explain that by Gohan always inviting his dad over for dinner so he got used to eating food. And I thought Piccoyo helps Chi-Chi do chores as a favor to Gohan/to help her buy things for their granddaughter.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dad Piccolo is an inspiration for us all

Also I dig Namekians and their weird inconsistent biology, since they're basically space demon wizard slugs with wish magiks and hosed up fight techs, and it's kind of a crime they're passed over so much

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wait, where in Super has Piccolo ate food? I remember one of the ending credits showing Piccolo with a glass of juice, that was it. I know Namekian biology is that they only need to drink water according to Dende.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Wait, where in Super has Piccolo ate food? I remember one of the ending credits showing Piccolo with a glass of juice, that was it. I know Namekian biology is that they only need to drink water according to Dende.

King Piccolo ate, or at least it was implied that he did. Piano (little minion with pterodactyl head) forced people to cook a huge feast for him when he took over the palace. We never see him actually eating, though.

I wonder if evil Namekians eat but the good ones don't? It would make sense for the good Namekians to eschew food as part of some pacifist vaguely Buddhist-esque choice to abstain from worldly pleasures while the evil Namekians are all about chowing down on decadent sumptuous feasts.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blue Star posted:

King Piccolo ate, or at least it was implied that he did. Piano (little minion with pterodactyl head) forced people to cook a huge feast for him when he took over the palace. We never see him actually eating, though.

I wonder if evil Namekians eat but the good ones don't? It would make sense for the good Namekians to eschew food as part of some pacifist vaguely Buddhist-esque choice to abstain from worldly pleasures while the evil Namekians are all about chowing down on decadent sumptuous feasts.

Nah, forcing locals to use up all their food in a massive banquet that you devour alone even thought you don't even need food is like, perfectly evil.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

that's just multi-form technique

Piccolo does the multi-form technique in a much grosser and more mundane way than everyone else.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Both times Piccolo was worn out when he nearly died so he probably just had the regen beaten out of him

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Basically he was out of mana, is what I'm hearing.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://twitter.com/DAIROCKETTO/status/908102021403746304

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DBFZ's replay system runs through Gowasu's TV

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

instantaneous #1 most used/popular emoticon for the entire game's lifespan, preview now to heat death

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Black August posted:

instantaneous #1 most used/popular emoticon for the entire game's lifespan, preview now to heat death

Don't be hasty. We could get dead Yamcha.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Bee posted:

god dammit, you destroyed me in a single blow

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The Bee posted:

Give me Whis giving a catty HO HO HO laugh, Goku stuffing his face and I'll have all I need to communicate with any player.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

what about nose bleed roshi?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Black August posted:

I cant get over how silly the animation for Trunks looks in this picture. Like they just took his standing sprite, turned it sideways and called it a day.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild posted:

what about nose bleed roshi?

addendum: the android 16 face

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/898290729423970305

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

seiferguy posted:

It was in the latest dub ep, where they're going to the Universe 6 tournament. Chichi starts cooking and they show Piccolo holding a plate of food and chopsticks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

It was in the latest dub ep, where they're going to the Universe 6 tournament. Chichi starts cooking and they show Piccolo holding a plate of food and chopsticks.

he was just being polite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

bring him back!
bring him back!
bring him back!

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I'm pretty sure the deal with Namekians and food is supposed to be that they CAN eat but can survive with just water if they choose. Since Namekian society is really chill and probably not too big on unnecessary waste, people on Namek probably subsist on only water by default for that reason.

Namek didn't seem to have good food potential, anyway. Unless nebulously canon giant crabs taste any good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zinkraptor posted:

I'm pretty sure the deal with Namekians and food is supposed to be that they CAN eat but can survive with just water if they choose. Since Namekian society is really chill and probably not too big on unnecessary waste, people on Namek probably subsist on only water by default for that reason.

Namek didn't seem to have good food potential, anyway. Unless nebulously canon giant crabs taste any good.

It's probably like Superman. Guy doesn't need to eat, but he can, and he sure loves Ma Kent's...I dunno...what do white people eat, meatloaf?

This is so loving good, goddamn. I'll be sad if this isn't actually an option in the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

what do white people eat, meatloaf?

food

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Piccolo/Kami probably didn't even know they could only live on water until they discovered they weren't demons.

E: And white people like cheese.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

With the destruction of Gowasu's universe, Zeno destroyed the servers for GodTube.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

White people eat the suffering of everyone else.

So meatloaf, yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

White people eat the suffering of everyone else.

So meatloaf, yeah.

I thought that was mayo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's a southern boy from a poor farm from Kansas

Superman grew up on fried chicken, egg sandwiches and lots of potatoes

Meatloaf Mondays were a rare thing.

EDIT: like, we joke about this, but don't forget that Clark is himself an illegal alien immigrant that two lower class chronically ill people found and gave a home to. Save the privilege jokes for Batman please. Batman's the motherfucker that had all the mayo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont forget that depending when Pa Kent dies in your superman origin its a single parent household.

Batman is rich enough that he has achieved a level beyond aioli, he calls it aioli 2

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Superman's canonical favorite dish is Beef Bourbignon. However, the revised origin presented in the story Birthright casts him as a vegetarian. This is why reboots happen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drat, thats the perfect dish for superman.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

With ketchup, I should add.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Superman's favourite dish is dog poo poo, which represents his character as a concept.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Superman's favourite dish is dog poo poo, which represents his character as a concept.

that would be cannibalism

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

that's fine

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Whatever happened to dog people on Dragon Ball Earth anyway, you don't see them around anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Then a lot of other characters are dog poo poo, you realize?