Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

A literal kai is directly involved in the technology universes creation of a fighting robot, thing gets jobbed almost instantly.

Random guy in a random universe with a low mortal level that isn't especially advanced: is the most intelligent mortal in the multiverse capable of creating multiple androids that are more powerful than most of the multiverse

The only thing he can't do is keep a pair of moody teenagers from betraying him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

The only thing he can't do is keep a pair of moody teenagers from betraying him.

I believe you'll find that Power Rangers confirmed that Teenagers With Attitude are the most powerful force in the universe.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

seiferguy posted:

TRUNKS, AWWWW YEAH.

HAHA, GOKU!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The monkey's paw curls a digit as

"Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair"

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-new-original-female-character-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

e:
scans have been put up

She looks like an even bigger nerd than Towa.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Please let her be Gero's daughter. Wife would be too drat creepy.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gero's daughter's wife

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

what if gero was just really handsome when he was young

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Negrostrike posted:

It could work as his wife if they mention her design was based on her younger self.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

HAHA, GOKU!
Hmph, Piccolo.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gero's daughter's wife

This would be ideal

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd prefer if it were Doctor Gero himself. Turns out that the Doctor Gero we saw in the Android Arc wasnt the real one, but an assistant of his that stole his identity and turned himself into a cyborg, deliberately making his new cyborg body look identical to his master. He almost got away with it too, until No. 17 did him in. But the real Gero has been hanging back, observing everyone from afar, and finally he's designed the perfect body for himself. You see, Gero has been transgender this whole time and finally has the technology to design the perfect vessel for her genius mind, superior in every way to what came before. Now full of confidence, she is ready to exact revenge on Goku and his friends!!!!!!

Or maybe instead of some random assistant, it's a clone of Dr. Gero who runs amok? Gero tried to duplicate her genius with biotech but this clone thought he was the REAL Gero and tried to usurp her (she gene-edited the transgenderism out of him), turning himself into a cyborg and then subsequently designing No. 19. No. 16, 17, and 18 are legit creations of the real Gero, though. Thats why they're way more advanced than No. 19 and No. 20, because they were designed and built by the glamorous Gero, while No. 19 was built by the lovely cis-male version of Gero and No. 20 was that lovely cis-male Gero turned into a cyborg, the procedure performed by No. 19. But 16, 17, 18, and Cell himself come from the real deal, spawning Pallas-like by Lady Gero's incredible beautiful mind.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 16, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kashuno posted:

A literal kai is directly involved in the technology universes creation of a fighting robot, thing gets jobbed almost instantly.

Random guy in a random universe with a low mortal level that isn't especially advanced: is the most intelligent mortal in the multiverse capable of creating multiple androids that are more powerful than most of the multiverse

Remind me. Didn't Bulma say straight out that Gero was one of the greats of science? Like Gero was famous for his skills?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope she's just Dr. Gero who copied her brain into a new robot and finally decided to live her life as the beautiful woman she felt like inside the whole time.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope she's just Dr. Gero who copied her brain into a new robot and finally decided to live her life as the beautiful woman she felt like inside the whole time.

LOL Beat you to it. But its a good sign that you had this idea too. Great minds think alike, friend. :)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

I mean, have you seen Bulma's mom?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Remind me. Didn't Bulma say straight out that Gero was one of the greats of science? Like Gero was famous for his skills?

she mentioned it but idk if it was dub only.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
And here I thought we got rid of WickedHate.

A21's design fits with the 17/18 style, it's more early 90's fashion. I'd say "older sister" too, but the scans probably have some stupid blurb about her. Anyway, I hope they take this new character and give her some non-DBZ visuals just to counterbalance the "bigass beam" aesthetic of the game so far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just never want to read the phrase 'sexy older-sister type' again. :negative:

why is that phrase so common

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They should have unironically went that way with Bison in Street Fighter. Like the majority of his clone bodies he was trying to transfer himself to were female but then they introduced one or two that are male so I guess he's just not picky.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TenCentFang posted:

They should have unironically went that way with Bison in Street Fighter. Like the majority of his clone bodies he was trying to transfer himself to were female but then they introduced one or two that are male so I guess he's just not picky.
It seemed like having a big chest/rear end helps you with Psycho Power.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Zore posted:

I just never want to read the phrase 'sexy older-sister type' again. :negative:

why is that phrase so common

I'm not really sure but I'm almost sure it's a mistranslation of sorts. "Oneesan" means both older sister and young lady.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TenCentFang posted:

I agree but I am insulted you thought I was being ironic in any way about supporting Dr. Gero's new life as a trans woman.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nessus posted:

It seemed like having a big chest/rear end helps you with Psycho Power.

I can't wait for Street Fighter x Keijo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Negrostrike posted:

I'm not really sure but I'm almost sure it's a mistranslation of sorts. "Oneesan" means both older sister and young lady.
Idiomatically it seems more like "hot librarian" or something.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

High hopes for these guys to make it in now

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

21 is my wife and I shan't let anyone call her Gero's wife

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

A21's design fits with the 17/18 style, it's more early 90's fashion.

You remember a different 90s to me. She's more 60s than anything imo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

21 is my wife and I shan't let anyone call her Gero's wife

homewrecker

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

dr.acula posted:

High hopes for these guys to make it in now

Second one looks like a Chill Penguin reject

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyway, my money is on Gero's wife, because she's got what's probably a wedding ring and seems to be wearing a lab coat in the screenshots.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

A21's design fits with the 17/18 style, it's more early 90's fashion. I'd say "older sister" too, but the scans probably have some stupid blurb about her.

It doesn't. Here.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Apparently when Lucca goes SSJ3 her hair turns from purple to orange. Neat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vegeta: And do I hear NINE?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Vegeta: And do I hear NINE?

Vegeta: Oh great a dryer to go with the washing mach*crunch*-owWWWW

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

It doesn't. Here.

I'm sorry, I know we're all excited about the right-hand side of that page with the hot new waifu bait, but can we talk for a moment about the fact that Yamcha is apparently faster than Tien? And equal in Technique? Does Japan really hate Tien?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm sorry, I know we're all excited about the right-hand side of that page with the hot new waifu bait, but can we talk for a moment about the fact that Yamcha is apparently faster than Tien? And equal in Technique? Does Japan really hate Tien?

He's Chinese, so yeah, probably.

but nevermind that noise, it's the TRUE WOLF FANG FIST, motherfuckers!

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized that Android 21, assuming she was human to begin with, is kinda like an evil version of Bulma.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blue Star posted:

I just realized that Android 21, assuming she was human to begin with, is kinda like an evil version of Bulma.

So she stronger then Zeno.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I find it kinda funny how Tien's the only character to show up in his Super design.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Caught up just in time for tonight's ep.

Lol Tien. Although I suppose he's contributed more than Freeza has so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Yamcha is usually characterized as a fragile speedster in games, so it's unsurprising that he has a high speed stat here.

The technique thing is weird though, you'd think Tenshinhan would be higher. The weirder thing is that Yamcha has lower power and equal energy when he's usually the easily- broken melee guy to Tenshinhan's suicidal Ki guy.