Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
RIP to U6'S MVP

a cartoon duck posted:

I find it kinda funny how Tien's the only character to show up in his Super design.

Yamcha has his Super hair with his old gi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Given Android 21's red hair and giant obvious wedding ring I'm betting she's a fully robotic android based on Gero's wife to go with 16 being a fully robotic android based on Gero's son

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What if she's not based on anyone and she's just the wife Gero made for himself

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

That crazy hair gives me a bride of android 8 vibe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

I find it kinda funny how Tien's the only character to show up in his Super design.

Trunks Super design shows up in one of the emotes. I am guessing lots of them will have their super outfits as skins.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goku and Vegeta are also in their Super design since Super decided they just wear their Cell Saga outfits now, Yamcha's hair is long again in Super, and we've already seen 18 in her Super clothes in the story trailer.

Basically the only outlier is Trunks and this game's clearly going to involve time travel

e: Boy tonight's DBS is a whole lot of nothing

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 17, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Goku and Vegeta are also in their Super design since Super decided they just wear their Cell Saga outfits now, Yamcha's hair is long again in Super, and we've already seen 18 in her Super clothes in the story trailer.

Basically the only outlier is Trunks and this game's clearly going to involve time travel

e: Boy tonight's DBS is a whole lot of nothing

I was hoping Frost would have actually eliminated Vegeta there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gotta fake it out so that they can get you later when it looks like a fake out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gotta spin those wheels for another week so you can make the Jiren fight line-up with the special

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Christ what a lovely episode. And the preview for the next one doesn't look any better;

Instead of making actual challenges for Universes 6 and 7 in other universes the only challenge comes from infighting apparently, so rather then giving Gohan and Frezia a fight from someone from another Universe let's have them fight Each Other instead? What the gently caress. This tournament is so pointless.

The Jiren part was good though I suppose.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 17, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tonight's episode was good. Beerus realizing that U4 had two "missing" fighters finally was excellent. The Frost/Roshi/Vegeta stuff was neat. Vegeta finally getting rid of Magetta was funny.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I actually liked this episode; I thought it was old school DBZ dramatic. I knew we were getting nothing but Roshi/Frost/Vegeta this ep and was surprised at the two eliminations that did happen.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
With Magetta gone I don't really like anyone else on U6, but they all have plot armor for now. I should stop getting hyped for people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought the scheming and reversals going on with Roshi/Frost/Vegeta/Maggetta was fun.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I really, really, liked that episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only problem was roshi falling for the incredibly obvious provocation from frost but that's pretty minor. overall it was good, tho it doesn't do anything to help the other universes not look like chumps

idk how I feel about the next episode preview tho. they better sell gohan attacking freeza early because it seems like a dumb idea at this point. yea, he's evil, but it's not like we didn't already know this, gohan. also hoping it spells out how freeza and frost working together even works when one of them is getting deleted at the end according to the rules. a gohan vs freeza fight could be cool tho and that's what's most important

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that episode was great

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Episode was good, coulda been great if dead weight Vegeta was finally cast aside like the trash he is. I guess they are saving his elimination for Jiren to look like hot poo poo or something

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I got to play the Fighter Z beta tonight and it was frustrating at first. I might just be DarkSydePhil level incompetent but I don't think the game actually tells you how to play. After being trashed by enough high tier players I was finally paired with someone as lovely as I was and we learned together. I got to transform into Golden Freeza I got to shoot a SSJ3 kamehameha and dodge a super as 18 and do one of my own. The game's pretty fun once you learn it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The next episode is going to be the stupidest loving thing of the entire tournament and i hope goku steps in and slaps gohan like "you dumb idiot we know he's bad stop it. Because Gohan getting reprimanded by Goku for hitting Frieza would make it not as bad

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Squallege posted:

I got to play the Fighter Z beta tonight and it was frustrating at first. I might just be DarkSydePhil level incompetent but I don't think the game actually tells you how to play. After being trashed by enough high tier players I was finally paired with someone as lovely as I was and we learned together. I got to transform into Golden Freeza I got to shoot a SSJ3 kamehameha and dodge a super as 18 and do one of my own. The game's pretty fun once you learn it

Was it online multiplayer only? Arc Systems Works games usually have the best tutorials around.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I liked that episode, but at this point Vegeta refusing to admit he wants to save the rest/his universe is out of character.
In "normal" stakes it's fine for him to be standoffish but as a warrior in a fight for survival he should appreciate every man standing on his side. It would make perfect sense for his prince of all saiyans/warriors shtick.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Beerus really starting to warm up to the people that live in his universe.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Enjoyed 107, some drat fine animation helped with the escalation of the drama and more Roshi was loving aces.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
That was a great episode. Frost-Magetta teamwork, Roshi-Vegeta teamwork, Beerus showing Roshi some respect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

roshi stole yamchas move!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Come on Frieza, ice Frost in golden form and make the Zen-O's okay death as long as its done in a cool way!

Evil Canadian posted:

Episode was good, coulda been great if dead weight Vegeta was finally cast aside like the trash he is. I guess they are saving his elimination for Jiren to look like hot poo poo or something

They didn't want to play into the theory that eliminations follow the end credits showing of characters.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I was hoping Frost would have actually eliminated Vegeta there.

It would have been more dramatic/interesting if Frost had succeeded, but was driven off with bottle-Vegeta in tow. Then there's a minor scramble to get him back in the game/perma-eliminate. This would get others in the mix also.

I'm kinda surprised Frost was able to work out how to reflect the Wave from first principles, though. Like, Piccolo did it, but he had his Demon King Piccolo's memories to work with....unless I'm misremembering who reflected it.

I'm going to say 'Jiren is possibly Raoh' now.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Well, he's a frieza race, aren't they incredibly durable? He could probably tear him limb from limb, throw the pieces off the side and they're still alive in a pile beside Champa, right?

Bloodthirsty Zeno-chan would probably clap and whistle with glee! It's so cool you're not dead Frost!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It would have been interesting if Frost had kept Vegeta in the bottle and vanished with him in hand

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bloodly posted:

It would have been more dramatic/interesting if Frost had succeeded, but was driven off with bottle-Vegeta in tow. Then there's a minor scramble to get him back in the game/perma-eliminate. This would get others in the mix also.

I'm kinda surprised Frost was able to work out how to reflect the Wave from first principles, though. Like, Piccolo did it, but he had his Demon King Piccolo's memories to work with....unless I'm misremembering who reflected it.

I'm going to say 'Jiren is possibly Raoh' now.

It was good to have some actual flavor added to Jiren in that the force coming from the punch itself, not the actual impact of his fist, that knocked out goo Baby robot. You need more of this to define Jiren's actual strength other than IS STRONG, but can punch so goddamn hard he can ring you out with wind from the punch is a good start in delving into his power and control.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan you are a tool.
Roshi you are cool when you aren't going too far with the character quirk

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Man, U6 is really showing up U7 in the team coordination department, huh?

I guess this episode and part of the next one are supposed to be happening at the same time, but I can't help but think that Goku went all "ROSHI!", tried to rush over, and completely forgot about him because he's got a strong opponent in front of him.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 17, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Who he inexplicably doesn't go Super Saiyan immediately for when he saw Vegeta doing just that and not really getting anywhere.

Kind of a diss on both of them really.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Man, I like how they keep pressing down HARD on the unspoken hint that getting Mafuba'd is apparently a loving horrifying experience

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think they're saying the experience of being Mafuba'd is horrifying, it's making a point that regardless of your power level, there are techniques that weaklings can do that regardless of who you are, can easily defeat you and that realisation fucks those dudes up.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

No, no it totally is, look at what happens every single time someone gets caught in it

They end up screaming, panicking, and if they get out or survive, they're left gasping for air on their hands and knees looking mortified

No other tech really ends up with the same reaction as I've noticed when people get turned into a goddamn mountain dew containment wave flavor additive, but you're right in that it's neat it works on anyone

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah and Goku did it to Turtle like five thousand times

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah and Goku did it to Turtle like five thousand times

yeah and turtle is a tough fucker, are you telling me he's not :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I want to watch an alt-universe version of Dragon Ball Z where, instead of training Gohan, Piccolo perfects the Mafuba and uses it to defeat every enemy from Nappa onwards.