Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The actual elimination order is from most bald to least. Next is Freeza, then Vegeta, Gohan, the Androids and Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hjalmar posted:

I want to watch an alt-universe version of Dragon Ball Z where, instead of training Gohan, Piccolo perfects the Mafuba and uses it to defeat every enemy from Nappa onwards.

If Dragon Ball had that kind of humor going, you could easily chop up a 15 minute joke special of Piccolo solving the series with thousands of little sealed jars and Goku trying to go villain from how bored he is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Mafuba still takes a ton of stamina to use, can miss, and can be redirected to hit someone else if they know its coming.

It's far from a flawless technique.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Black August posted:

yeah and turtle is a tough fucker, are you telling me he's not :mad:

I'm telling you Goku saw the look of unimaginable horror on Turtle's face after one mafuba and felt nothing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm telling you Goku saw the look of unimaginable horror on Turtle's face after one mafuba and felt nothing.

Oh. I mean, yeah? OK? It's Goku, of course he didn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheHan posted:

The actual elimination order is from most bald to least. Next is Freeza, then Vegeta, Gohan, the Androids and Goku.

The purple thing on Frieza's head is his hair and it's full bodied. Gohan has more hair than the androids who are almost rivalling Vegeta's receding hairline.

Vegeta > Androids > Gohan > Frieza > Goku.

http://puu.sh/xBLWo/420eab779c.webm
right click it to enable looping and just watch it for a hour or ten

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That is the gait/stance of someone who is used to floating, to be sure.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza has perfected the most profane of the dark, lost, forbidden arts

JAZZ FEET

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I quite enjoyed that episode, godspeed Roshi.

The animation seemed particularly good.

Also does this mean the various stupid theories about who gets thrown out when based on the outro and intro have been put to rest?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yes, shockingly, they didn't spoil it with their intro/outro.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Episode was good! I liked the fake outs and Roshi was still able to provide one more assist before going out.

Is there a new episode next week or are we waiting until October?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anyone else really like the noise that freezers make when they walk?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Loved that episode. Beerus warming up to everybody, Roshi and Vegeta. Magenta being the best.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Man, Vegeta and Roshi interacting feels WEIRD, even weirder that watching Goku and 18 having a normal conversation months ago.

That was some amazing animation in the brief battle between Vegeta and Magetta/Frost, Magetta acting like the Tank while Frost being the DPS was really cool.

Black August posted:

Man, I like how they keep pressing down HARD on the unspoken hint that getting Mafuba'd is apparently a loving horrifying experience

Feels like a mistake to me. King Piccolo spent centuries trapped in a I have no mouth and I must scream situation because of it, so it feels justified for him to be traumatized by it, and I guess you could argue that Zamasu, who was super-confident in his immortality, would poo poo himself upon realizing there was still a way to deal with him, but it seems they're just making everyone ape Piccolo's reaction without giving it much thought.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Junpei Hyde posted:

I really, really, liked that episode.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
If Piccolo had started using the Mafuba to solve all their problems, Gero would come out with two to nine Evil Containment Wave variation androids who could dump the whole planet into a mini fridge.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

mabels big day posted:

Anyone else really like the noise that freezers make when they walk?

:yeah: I've always loved that noise.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Petiso posted:

Feels like a mistake to me. King Piccolo spent centuries trapped in a I have no mouth and I must scream situation because of it, so it feels justified for him to be traumatized by it, and I guess you could argue that Zamasu, who was super-confident in his immortality, would poo poo himself upon realizing there was still a way to deal with him, but it seems they're just making everyone ape Piccolo's reaction without giving it much thought.

I saw it more as them being surprised someone so weak was able to completely dominate them, and not so much what the experience was actually like.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that episode was really good, it showed just how strong and how much more ahead Jiren is; he picked up on where Maji Kayo was coming before Dyspo even realized it.

Also Vegeta and Master Roshi gaining a mutual respect was pretty drat cool too

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, that was a character dynamic we don't get to see much of.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I'd watch The Continuing Adventures of Vegeta and Master Roshi

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Give me the wish of a 5 second silent clip in a future episode, where Vegeta actually sits down to dinner with his family, and ol' Roshi is there in a suit, invited over for the night

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

that episode was really good, it showed just how strong and how much more ahead Jiren is; he picked up on where Maji Kayo was coming before Dyspo even realized it.

Also Vegeta and Master Roshi gaining a mutual respect was pretty drat cool too

There's probably some strange gimmick to Jiren other than him being Sayytama (as /a/ put it) but hopefully he's interesting when he finally goes out.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's probably some strange gimmick to Jiren other than him being Sayytama (as /a/ put it) but hopefully he's interesting when he finally goes out.

Since Hit had the power of The World, Jiren obviously has the power of Bites the Dust.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Black August posted:

Give me the wish of a 5 second silent clip in a future episode, where Vegeta actually sits down to dinner with his family, and ol' Roshi is there in a suit, invited over for the night

so uh, did anyone tell you about the time I tried to watch your wife poop?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

This is what goes through his head over and over until he finally gets enough self control to just blurt out "GOKU", and there he goes, safe, Vegeta is off on another six hour rant

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

wait, you don't open the conversation at dinner parties with this????

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Half of Dracula posted:

If Piccolo had started using the Mafuba to solve all their problems, Gero would come out with two to nine Evil Containment Wave variation androids who could dump the whole planet into a mini fridge.

Wait, is capsule technology just a scientific application of the mafuba?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
blue frieza, my favorite character

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Half of Dracula posted:

Can you Mafuba a soulless machine? Would DBZ evolve into Jojo fights where everybody is just jockeying for position to ORAORAORA the other guy before he can do the same?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

should roshi jumping out of the ring count as an elimination for him :thunk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vegeta getting that point lead that makes his eventual jobbing all the more effective.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd just give it to Frost since he was why Roshi hopped out, that's been the case for two other eliminations so far.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Justin_Brett posted:

I'd just give it to Frost since he was why Roshi hopped out, that's been the case for two other eliminations so far.

My favorite part is they remembered Roshi's full arsenal. He used mafuba, electricity, and even hypnotism. Super feels closer to Dragon Ball original than Z does sometimes. They had to throw out power levels to get it to work, but that's fine. It got broke when Freeza hit a million anyway and a number being a win is boring.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
didnt even know U6 had namekians

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Their only appearance so far has been in the team shot of U6 when the grand priest was counting remaining fighters.

Them and the U4 bug guys have been pretty much invisible the whole time.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I saw some Jiren haters a couple pages ago, and like

I get it, he's boring, but he's also Superman, and Goku vs Superman is what nerds have been begging for since like the Saiyan Saga aired in the west for the first time. That dramatic punch that blasted apart not!Baby's body was the final Superman flag being put into place.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad that Roshi was portrayed pretty well in this tournament overall, and Jiren is slowly starting to get hyped as a beast of a fighter. Just in time for this arc to take all the wind out of the sails with a stupid infighting episode where Gohan fights for JUSTICE (and Frieza obviously is just putting on a show because NEP doesn't show him going gold at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I saw some Jiren haters a couple pages ago, and like

I get it, he's boring, but he's also Superman, and Goku vs Superman is what nerds have been begging for since like the Saiyan Saga aired in the west for the first time. That dramatic punch that blasted apart not!Baby's body was the final Superman flag being put into place.

Aside from being strong, Jiren hasn't been shown to be similar to Superman man at all