Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If Caulifla gets elim'd Kale will absolutely lose her poo poo and become a much bigger problem than Jiren. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kashuno posted:

If Caulifla gets elim'd Kale will absolutely lose her poo poo and become a much bigger problem than Jiren. I hope.

Personally I've been expecting that to happen, then Jiren no sells it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jiren de-facto eliminating Kale with one attack before the plot save seems like a pretty clear statement of power hierarchy there.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If Kale can fight in her Berserk form without losing control, I think she could stand a chance. She was insane and tanking anything that came at her instead of keeping her cool. At the least. even if Jiren does chump her, I expect her to be one of the last of U6 to go.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

maybe when gohan and frieza fight they'll learn to overcome their differences

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hoppe caulifla doesn't go ss3 because there's no way they'll let that form do anything good

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cabba will go SSJ3, say "BUT THIS...IS TO GO...EVEN FURTHER BEYOND THAN THAT!", and then immediately get eliminated.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

I hoppe caulifla doesn't go ss3 because there's no way they'll let that form do anything good

What if she is the chosen one

What if she's the only one to make it work

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jiren de-facto eliminating Kale with one attack before the plot save seems like a pretty clear statement of power hierarchy there.

Considering she literally just tanked SSB Goku's kamehameha and wasted a lot of her own energy on that big attack, and Jiren got a cheap shot in on her, it really doesn't say much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They've spent a little while now low-key setting up Brianne to be as opposite from Kale as possible while also doing some similar stuff, so I'd be surprised if they didn't fight for at least a little. Maybe Caulifla as well, though that might be too obvious.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Black August posted:

If Kale can fight in her Berserk form without losing control, I think she could stand a chance. She was insane and tanking anything that came at her instead of keeping her cool. At the least. even if Jiren does chump her, I expect her to be one of the last of U6 to go.

Jiren smacking her down could be a setup for her to come back in her fully controlled form and cause him a lot more trouble than last time.

Like you have to wonder why she wasn't kicked out entirely then if they don't plan for her to do something cool down the line.

Justin_Brett posted:

They've spent a little while now low-key setting up Brianne to be as opposite from Kale as possible while also doing some similar stuff, so I'd be surprised if they didn't fight for at least a little. Maybe Caulifla as well, though that might be too obvious.

I suspect that Brianne might be a casualty while she's fighting Goku because that'll be the moment Jiren gets properly stuck in. Personally I think that'd be a shame, but its likely.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 19, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They showed Kale taking down half of the pride troopers with Caulifla after she got taken down by Jiren, so I'd have to imagine she's going to take on Jiren / Toppo / Dyspo as a revenge fight.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kale was taken out in one hit by jiren so idk how that'd happen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Saagonsa posted:

Considering she literally just tanked SSB Goku's kamehameha and wasted a lot of her own energy on that big attack, and Jiren got a cheap shot in on her, it really doesn't say much.

Literally the same page

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I read that and it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. jiren instantly blowing her up wasn't because he got a cheap shot in; the entire thing with kale was to show off how strong jiren is. she's not gonna do anything to him

if anything, hit will fight him and that's when he's gonna job

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I read that and it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. jiren instantly blowing her up wasn't because he got a cheap shot in; the entire thing with kale was to show off how strong jiren is. she's not gonna do anything to him

How is it ridiculous, exactly? She was shown to be pretty obviously worn out after all of that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

after jiren blew her up? sure. before that tho, idk what you're talking about

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

khwarezm posted:

I suspect that Brianne might be a casualty while she's fighting Goku because that'll be the moment Jiren gets properly stuck in. Personally I think that'd be a shame, but its likely.

Maybe. I'm sure she'll at least get smacked away by him like Kale, but it'd be weird if that was all she amounted to given she's supposed to be a bigger deal than most of the opponents. Guess it depends what happens in the next couple episodes, but they don't seem specifically about her.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

after jiren blew her up? sure. before that tho, idk what you're talking about

She was having trouble after tanking Goku's kamehameha.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think so, first of all we're well past the point that power levels even exist anymore so the DBS writers throwing Kale against Jiren again for a rematch without regard for fans screeching about how she shouldn't be able to stand up to Jiren seems perfectly in character for them, second Kale's gained some development since getting kicked in the side of the head and might be able to fight with a bit of actual control and strategy, which may not be something Jiren expects. Finally Jiren could be distracted and tired out by Goku before Kale shows up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

She was having trouble after tanking Goku's kamehameha.

I really don't know where you're getting this from. when does she seem to get weaker or struggle at all until jiren hits her?

e: I just watched it again and she actually seems to power up before jiren knocks her away http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super/episode-100-out-of-control-the-savage-berserker-awakens-741893

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 20, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really don't know where you're getting this from. when does she seem to get weaker or struggle at all until jiren hits her?

e: I just watched it again and she actually seems to power up before jiren knocks her away http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super/episode-100-out-of-control-the-savage-berserker-awakens-741893

She picks Goku up, then puts him down and starts breathing heavily, and then throws him away. That seems like an obvious sign of someone being tired?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

piccolo literally says she can't control her power right then; she's going berserk. right afterwards she destroys the arena and toppo marvels over how even her yelling is so strong right before she gets chumped. idk what more you need to see there

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

She's tired, uses up the rest of her energy in the following big attack, and is then knocked out be Jiren? I don't really see what's wrong with that interpretation of events.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that she's tired? I'm not seeing that at all with anything that happens after she throws goku away

we're clearly not gonna agree on this tho so maybe we should just agree to disagree instead of going in circles more

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kale is definitely not done being a force to be reckoned with in this tournament

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I'm calling it now universe 6 is winning this it's like universe 7 but with actual teamwork and laying low

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I imagine either Kale or Cabbage will be the last fighter standing from U6. Having only the weakest willed member of the team left puts them in the direst spot, which is obviously the best time to rally.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No way Hit jobs and Cabba doesn’t. I agree on Kale though; Caulifla is going to go down and Kale will “This a Berserker Saiyan who has gone Super Saiyan...AND THIS IS TO GO BEYOND THAT” and go SSJ3 Berserker Kale until the tournament ends and it’ll be the first useful SSJ3 we have ever seen thanks for watching my YouTube video make sure to hit like and subscribe

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Postulation: U7 loses. Erased. But Goku lives, because Zen-chans love him so much they want him to be there until the end, or kept as a favored left over. Goku has to decide what to do with this.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Also yeah I am 80% sure the U6 finalists will be Cabba, Kale, and Cauli in various levels of maxed out Super, before they have some rally finale together

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kashuno posted:

No way Hit jobs and Cabba doesn’t.

To job, don't you have to be high ranking to begin with? (although I know that's not really the case with the original wrestling use of the term, so idk)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody even remembers cabba is there and that's how he'll survive until the end and win the tournament for u6

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it kind of strange that Cabba has been such a non-factor in the tournament so far. The last thing I remember him doing was squaring off against Vegeta, and they didn't even fight, wheras Kale and Caulifla got two back to back episodes entirely about them.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're newer so they needed the screen time, he'll be a factor when things get hectic.im expecting a big brawl to start soon when Frost and Ribranne and another universe or two is eliminated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vegeta will be grossed out by ribriane and Cabba will save him

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Forget the HIt-Vegeta "rematch." I want Cabba to beat his master, and Vegeta to die as a proud papa.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Did we all forget that Cabba casually oneshot the robot universe's captain?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Manatee Cannon posted:

Zenkai power-ups!